Fort William Backpackers Reviews

Alma Road, Fort William, Scotland

One of the most beautiful hostels Ive visited in Scotland. Just superb. Staff is great, they really care about you and really want to make you stay perfect. Hope to see you again, guys!

It was really wonderful! The beds were comfortable and I met a lot of people here. Also the location was very near to cow hill summit. The staff were helpful like where you can go. I love the free hot chocolate haha!! The wifi is a bit slow on the lounge area but in the kitchen it's faster. One thing I didn't like was the directions were difficult to understand? Or maybe it was just me haha! But I really recommend this place! It's also cheap :)

One night became 3 great nights at Fort William Backpackers! The very friendly staff, the setting and the other guests made up a lovely and homey atmosphere. Wish I could have stayed longer.

The hostel itself was a little hard to find but it's very cosy with a great equipped kitchen. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I can definitely recommend this place. :)

Really cozy, great staff

Great staff, wonderful atmosphereatmosphere!

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in, my only thing would be that I would have liked a locker in the dorm room. Staff were very friendly, lovely hostel with everything you require and best of all close to the hills.

Loved the living room with the fireplace. Strong, free wifi. Kitchen facilities are good. Not far from town.

Amazing!!!! The most perfect hostel i've ever been in. Kitchen =flawless staff; amazing beds comfortable and the living room was beautiful.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

The owner was so amazing and the hostel was very nice and clean. Would definitely recommend if you enjoy a nice time where you can make intimate connections.

Very helpful stuff and they were funny to talk to. Fireplace in the lounge was nice.

Really cozy hostel with a great atmosphere. My favourite of my stay in Scotland!

• 18th Dec 2015

The staff, specifically Ruthie and Andy, were super friendly and helpful. Was a decent hostel with a very cosy chill out room with a fireplace. Would stay here again.a

Great cosy hostel with a warm fireplace, comfortable beds (two pillows!) and very friendly staff. The only problem I had was with the showers where there was no hot water in the evening after a long day's hike. Other than that it was top notch.

Really chilled atmosphere, comfy beds, staff were really nice and helpful, clean toilets and showers, ideal location. 5/5 all the way

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Spain

This is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for the Highland experience. The atmosphere here is so cozy and comfortable and the staff are awesome. Make sure to ask Ruthie to share some highland folklore and songs when you're hanging out by the fire in the living room. I would definitely recommend this place and would stay again in a heartbeat!

• 20th Nov 2015

Cold water in the Shower, very nice staff

Great atmosphere, great people. It was nice staying there, classic backpacker hostel. =)

• 15th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I really liked this hostel, it felt like I was home. The bed was confortable and there are two comfy pillows per bed :) The hostel is well located, just in the center of Fort William! The staff was really nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel ;)

We had a great time at Fort William Backpackers. We received a warm welcome and good recommendations about what to do and where to go. Rooms were crispy clean. Thanks!

• 10th Nov 2015