Fort William Backpackers Reviews

Alma Road, Fort William, Scotland

Nice location close to the station. Great views and friendly and helpful staff.

Bathroom was really small on the second floor, was packed in the morning and with no air to breath. Staff was lovely, as was the room. What i find a bit scary is that the upper beds on bunks do not have a railing whatsoever. One more thing - we made a booking for two, but did not get beds in one bunk (who gets which bed was arranged by hostel not by free choice), although one was upper and one lower bed.

Best were the hosts - very friendly, helpful and made you feel at home. Even the environment is such that it makes people get friendly much faster than any other place I have stayed so far. Thanks for making my trip memorable and a happy one :-)

The staff is amazingly friendly, experienced and helpful. You feel at home from the first second on. It was a great stay! And the view from the kitchen is absolutely beautiful.

This is a great little hostel geared towards hikers in the area. The kitchen is spacious and the staff is very friendly. The beds however are quite uncomfortable and we never managed to have a hot shower. Some people showered late at night and they may have had warm showers but we didn't even get Luke warm in the mornings. The hostel is close to the bus station and only 20 minutes walk to Ben Nevis so it's a good location. I suppose for the money it's worth it and I would stay again.

Great place with friendly and helpful staff

• 27th Jun 2014

Close to city center. Had a nice stay.

Great location...short walk to supermarket or high street and pubs. Beds were comfortable. Showers nice and hot. Great atmosphere.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Easy to find and approachable. we only slept there, but the facilities looked reasonable.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Good location with a nice view over Fort William. Cosy fireplaces inside and outside, friendly staff, various additional services like laundry, breakfast, etc. and free wifi.

The best hostel i have been to so far!

• 28th May 2014
  • Poland

The atmosphere is very cosy - I especially enjoyed the fireplace in the late evening. The location of the hostel itself is awesome with its view over Fort William. Highly recommendable!

This one is my favorite hostel in highland. Friendly and helpful staff, good cooking facilities and the ideal location! further, It is a nice spot to see sunset!

• 27th May 2014
  • China

At first glance this hostel could do with a facelift - bits of it look like they were last decorated in the 70s by someone on acid. However, this jus adds to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff (particularly Kelsey the manager) are excellent, there are lots of communal spaces inside and outside, and a great friendly vibe amongst the varied guests. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay here again if I ever return to Fort William!

The stay was perfect. Staff responded to emails with questions before the stay promptly and helpfully, and when we arrived couldn't have been more helpful. We were even given our own room since we were getting up early. I would definitely stay again if I am in the area.

• 20th May 2014

very nice hostel, very friendly and helpful girl (staff)!

• 16th May 2014
  • Belgium

Just OK (compared to other hostels we've been to when touring Scotland). The pictures are NOT representative of the hostel itself: it is smaller, stinkier, dirtier and noisier than what we imagined. The staff was flexible and nice to us though!

• 9th May 2014

Beautiful building, good facilities, lovely staff and great location. Would have happily stayed for longer!

We had a really good time in this hostel, a good location, because not far from the center. And the staff was really friendly, we spent the evening with everybody around a bonfire, the atmosphere was really good. We wish we could have stay more I really recommend this hostel

• 15th Apr 2014

The ambiance is great and the staff is absolutely awesome. Great place crash!

• 14th Apr 2014