Fort William Backpackers Reviews

Alma Road, Fort William, Scotland

What a cute and homie hostel! We were only there for a night but wished we could have stayed longer. Cute atmosphere with good common room for socializing. Very clean. Great bathrooms and showers. The view from the hostel is amazing. Staff and guests were very friendly and very welcoming. Lacked plugs in rooms and breakfast was mediocre and had to pay £2, but whatever. No locks for luggage but felt safe anyways. Would go there again.

Great located, friendly staff

Great hostel!

Very quaint place with a close-knit feeling.

• 12th May 2015

Friendly, helpful, staff although I wasn't informed of all the facilities, locations, but its easy to find for yourself if you explore. All dorms are fitted with a lock, which is good for security but the keys are worn and it was fiddly and took a while to unlock the door. Like all hostels your stay can be improved/marred depending on considerate/noisy guests. Free tea & coffee was nice touch and central location good.

• 11th May 2015

Fantastic hostel. Will definitely stay again.

very nice!

• 3rd May 2015

Good atmosphere, great location and comfy beds.. Makes you feel home :) Would go back.

It is a great Hostel in a fascinating area! 😊

The hostel is rough and ready. The staff were very kind and helpful but, we had concerns about the cleanliness of the bathroom and bedrooms. It's ok for maybe one night but compared to the other hostels we've stayed at, this standard was not high.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Great hostel, great atmosfear, lovely staff and thanks to the receptionist for routes recommendations.

The hostel was an experience itself: it's located near the train station and the grocery store, it has a cozy reading room, a good kitchen facilities (with owen and a few fridges), and the rooms are quiet and clean. Also, the staff are so awesome people that sometimes you even forget that they are working there. And what about the hilarious stickers all around the hostel :D

Good place, friendly, helpful staff. Could have benefited from lockers but otherwise everything good

Athmosphere was amazing. I felt like home.

Really enjoyed my stay here! Staffs are nice and helpful,room really clean:-) But Internet is a little bit slow,hope this can be proved:-)

• 26th Mar 2015
  • China

All in all I had a good stay there. I had all that I needed. I really appraciated the free tea, coffee and hot chocolat.

Quirky good fun. Whether you're going to hike Ben Nevis or just trying to escape the city for a few days, this awesome hostel is perfect for everyone. Wonderful staff, great location, and cozy vibe.

Chekced in early to spotless hostel, was allocated great bunk with superb view, then went out for day. Got back late to find that due to unforeseen double booking, my bed had disappeared. Immediately offered full refund and complementary breakfast. However, at 10pm only remaining bunk a top bunk - have mobility issues so was inaccessible. Manager then gave me own room - extraordinary act of humanity and kindness - puts Backpackers in another league. 6 stars!

Hostel was a bit rough and ready and needed decoration inside and out. Kitchen was always very busy so you had to pick your time. There are few cooking facilities, which could have made cooking an ordeal, but I chose to eat out anyway as I was only there for a couple of days. The staff couldn't have been nicer and friendlier and the atmosphere in the lounge of an evening (roaring open fire) was very relaxing. The bedrooms were a little too hot but the beds were lovely and comfy.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

This place is definitely one of the cosiest hostels ever! We enjoyed lounging around the fire playing guitar and singing songs with fellow backpackers and is a memory I will never forget! Upon arrival the receptionist greeted us warmly and we got chatting right away. She recommended great things for us to do. Beds were what you'd expect of a hostel, but the free tea & hot chocolate was a treat! The kitchen was well equipped and a much cheaper option than dining out. Would love to come back!

View all Fort William Hostels