Fortmount Apartment Reviews

Langata Road 50 meters North of T Mall, Nairobi, Kenya

The Apartment is the place to be. George the owner is very helpful. He gave me and my family the best hospitality. T Mall has everything you need. I didn't have a reason to travel to town. Also for the few things that were missing in the kitchen few cookeries he bought upon request straight away. I also got a discount on my last stay as my flight was late at night. Keep up good work. I will definitely come back again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

This place did the trick.Better value than staying at a hostel and the location was right next to T-Mall. Unfortunately access is difficult due to a limited key availability.This is a problem.The place is a little hard to find (it is actually located direction BEHIND T-MALL). If going there from the centre turn left from Langata road onto Mai Mahiu Rd.When you have just passed the T-Mall building turn left again direction to walk down a driveway/alley. It is on your right hand side after 30m

Fortmount Apartment is definitely a place I could recommend for travellers!! The Location is perfect (right behind a Mall which offers everything you need) and not to far away from the city center. Also George (owner of the Hostel) is a very nice guy and you can trust him in every way! Do not hesitate to book tours with/about him, he gave us good value for Money and a lot of helpful advice! It was our first stop in Africa and it was a very good experience! PS: Do not expect too much from Nairobi

• 25th Feb 2014

the place is not where shown on Google maps and not the place shown in the photographs. there was no washing machine as stated in the add. washroom was very basic with broken mirror and no plugs. issue with keys - only some of us had keys to get in or out of the apartment and rooms. so security was poor. one major issue between guests re being locked out. no staff on hand so any maintenance was up to us. very basic facilities in the Kitchen. the photo shows a view out across the main Langata rd.

• 12th Feb 2014

Fantastic location near the mall and close to matatu routes. Clean basic accomodation. Nice living area. Basic kitchen. Hard to get hold of the owner. No lightbulb in the bathroom so we had to buy our own.

Very convenient location and comfy facilities. The apartment is just behind a shopping mall where you can get all your safari shopping done and grab food. Great proximity to airport if you are flying in/out with Nairobi as a stopover. George was very helpful and accomodating.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The number of mosquitos in the room was truly ridiculous. I killed literally hundreds of them. The bednet was not insecticide treated. Overall, the place was inexpensive, but atmosphere was awkward.

• 8th Oct 2013

A good appartment, it's not really a hostel but the rooms are very new and clean. The people working in the appartment are very friendly. Easy to get to Nairobi centre, only 10 minutes by bus. Shopping mall and good restaurants nearby. Advertisement on the website is not correct, no washing facilities and no wifi ( they have an internet stick that you have to share ). For the rest a good stay and good value for money.

The staff was friendly, they show me around and they put me to sleep in a double private room even I have booked a dorm. It's a little bit far from downtown but it is in a secured building block. When I've booked they were saying to inform them about the arrival time of the flight in order to pick me up without mentioning any fee. But afterwards they charge me for that 20$.

Stayed 2 nights at first before safari and decided to came back again for 1 night. Its a lovely apartment away from traffic and busy nairobi still close by from the city. Henry was very friendly and helpfull and ready to asist everybody when they need it. There is big supermarket,mall and restaurant(try taidy's... Excellent food) that u can go and buy everything. For african first time visitor like me its really great experience.... Will definitely stay again if I come back to nairobi.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

A nice small facility in a residential apartment building. Very low key and comfortable. There are no signs to indicate the hostel which is in an unmarked apartment in an unmarked building behind a shopping mall. Clearer directions would reduce the uncertainty and anxiety of finding the place. Once there, it was very comfortable. Facilities were quite adequate but did not have the laundry facilities that I expected from the description.

• 29th May 2013

The stay at Fortmount Apartments was well above my expectations and very safe and convenient location. As an American and a first traveler to the African Continent I am happy to report that living at e the complex and dealing with the owner George and his assistant Henry was wonderful. They were both helpful and very professional and make it a convenient and affordable stay. Bonus you also meet people from all over the world the Rate is an A

• 26th Apr 2013

Fortmount is conveniently located directly behind the T Mall Shopping Center, with good security. It is very clean und offers a kind of "home athmosphere". Easy access to Nairobi National Park (a few minutes) and also to downtown (matatus 15 to 30 mins). The manager Henry and George are very helpful with travelling and Nairobi insider tips. Also suitable for a longer stay (ej. volunteering).

• 25th Apr 2013

Great location! We had the 2 bed private ensuite. We also had the 4 person (2 bunk beds) which was a bit tight. Large living room area, good kitchen and dining area. Around the corner from a mall that had a grocery store. Felt very secure. Only downside was that we were there during rainy season which tends to cause the electricity and/or water to go out. We had 2 days of no electricity and when that came on we lost water for 2 days. great value for your money.

• 31st Mar 2013

Great place and very friendly and helpful people. Very clean and comfortable for everybody, who use stay in hostels

It was my first night in Africa and I really had luck to stay at that lovely guesthouse. I couldn't find a better place for my first days in Africa. George, the owner and his staff very really nice to me and took their time to help me, no matter how busy they were. I recommend to ask George if he has time to show you Nairobi. He is not a guide, he is a friend ;) You'll enjoy it.

It's an actual apartment, so don't expect a hostel atmosphere, if that is what drives you. Includes a kitchen and social living room area. It's near a market, so you can easily get food. Staff were nice and the rooms were clean. No big gripes, but no big draws here as well.

Well worth the stay if you want a private room with a full kitchen and easy access to the city. Staff were very helpful. It felt more like being at home than in a hostel, since there were only three bedrooms in the entire place. Near to a supermarket.

A good option for anyone staying in the city for more than a few days,these shared apartments are located a few KM from the city but very near a to a good western style mall, security is good and staff are friendly. Facilities are good by Kenyan standards at least and the place is kept quite clean. Its easy enough to get into and out of town either by taxi or local mini-bus once you've found your way.