Good 42 Total Reviews
Good 42 Total Reviews
Fortmount Apartment Located at Langata Road 50 meters North of T Mall, , Nairobi.
Kenya
Nairobi 00200 Langata Road 50 meters North of T Mall
69% 42
-1.3120648 36.8069458
    Rooms available

• China, Female, 31-40
21st Mar 2016
6.9

1.Actually, it is more like a share apartment with a part-time clean lady. Need to call George several times for response but a nice guy. 2.Good position, from downtown to house only 10-15mins bus or 30mins walking. 3.Convenient for shopping, eating and transportation. T-mall is near-by. 4. But there is no wifi, it seems common in Kenya. Better to buy a sim card.

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 25-30
14th Mar 2016
6.0

Got cleaned every day, but it's an old apartment. No drain in the toilet so when you shower there will be water all over the place. No wifi at the dorm... Only one heater on the stow works.. No net against mosquitos.. think I hold the record for mosquito bites in one night... :-( All in all a good place despite the few bumps. Was the cheapest we could find and therefore overall ok. I can recommend this just don't expect too much.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
16th Feb 2016
8.0

This is a two part review which covers my stay at the apartment & my experience of booking a Safary with George, the owner.My stay at the apartment was pleasant & I totally recommend this as a budget option for Nairobi.The Safary however was quite disorganised leading up to our departure & I also had a problem with not receiving water on the trip when I was clearly told otherwise.Very important btw.It was eventually rectified despite having to push the issue with George.Something to consider.

• Ireland, Male, 41+
3rd Feb 2016
6.0

I would not recommend Fortmount Apartment.Although pleasant enough in a private area it was not the same apartment as advertised, this was 400 meters up the road.The staff did not seem to be expecting me and had no idea about what to do.I actually never met George ,however he did respond to my emails promptly .I did not take the taxi offered for $20, this could be the reason.The location was also not great 3km from the centre .Overall not impressed, stay in the centre of town.

Sorry about the staff who seemed not to know you were coming and what to do.The staff you met know what to do but must confirm with me first,that is why they called me,since several guests may arrive in quick succession and they need to know who is going where.I came to the apartment on many occasions but unfortunately our timings never coincided hence never got the pleasure of meeting you. The apartment you stayed in is normally used by guests who choose to return to our apartment but cannot get space at the advertised apartment but as you say it is in a private area and as good as the advertised one.When you arrived there was no vacant bed available as a result of over booking,it happens sometimes. George.

• julzy_baby
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2016
6.9

You can't go wrong with this hostel. It is very good value for the money. The apartment is just a few minutes from downtown and it is very close to a big shopping center. Facilities are basic but a cleaner comes every day (expect on Sunday) so the apartment is clean most of the time. George was always super helpful and accommodating. The Formount apartment is my hostel of choice when I'm in Nairobi (I stayed here three times in the last few weeks).

Thank you for the comments and wish you the best,you are most welcome any time.