Fortune Jongno Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 97 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

It was my very first time staying at a hostel and I don't regret it! I arrived late at night and the staff member at the desk helped me carry my luggage and tried to explain everything to me in the easiest way. Bedrooms are always clean and are quite of a good size, it's located near the subway station and I found it easily. Overall it was the best experience I had, I will definitely return someday!

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017
7.1

I stayed at Fortune for two nights, but didn't see much other than my room and the hot water dispenser. I booked a bed in the 4-bed dorm, but ended up having it for myself, which was fine with me. I don't have many complaints, only that although it was very cold I had to go downstairs to ask for the heating to be turned on the second night and I am fairly sure it did not get turned on until quite late the first night, if at all. Loved the location, though.

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

The place is quite difficult to find, it took us like 30min to find it. However, the location is very good as it is near anguk and jongno3ga station. There's also bus to a few popular places like myeongdong, dongdaemun, namsam tower. The owner is very friendly, helpful and approachable. They provide floor heating in winter :)

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Dec 2016

Nice staff, clean rooms, location not too hard to find. They did run out of food for breakfast. But overall a nice place to stay and is really close to Changdeokgung Palace and a subway station.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
19th Dec 2016
8.0

Just a tiny toilet but generally it's good for a sleep.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016

Stayed at this place to do a bit of sightseeing (quite close to the Gyeongbokgung Palace). If you go to the palace and are hungry, make sure to visit the Tongin Market for some traditional food (Korea lunch boxes). The dorm room was tidy and you get a standard breakfast (toast + jam + tea). Overall good value for the money but not a super social hostel to get in touch with people.

17th Nov 2016

This place is great if all you're looking for is a bed to sleep at night. It actually has a great location if you want authentic food. So many small restaurants packed with Koreans but there is also a nice pub just around the corner with English speakers if you need a beer and some food you're used to. The staff was amazing and very helpful with anything you need. My friend and I had a room to ourselves. Beds are not very comfortable.