Forum Hotel Reviews

Place des Moneghetti, Monte Carlo, Monaco

The staff was sketchy on nights. I had big communication problems with staff. Specifically, a young lady named Barbara threatened to call the police on me because I took a photo in the lobby of the hotel. Of course, this seemed bizarre to me. She sent her friend to the lounge to stand by the phone while she threatened me: Hand over your phone and show me there is no photo of her on it or I call police! I took one photo in lobby. TIPS: 1. IQ TEST 2. ENGLISH TEST 3. Phone # for help!

It is a hotel, not a hostel, so you expect it to be nicer. It is more expensive than any hostel but it is quite cheap if you really want to go to Monte Carlo. Right next to the train station so that was convenient for us because that is how we were traveling.

• 23rd Jun 2012

Excellent staff very helpful, went out of their way to assist.

It is a proper hotel, so you can expect anything that a hotel provide, including daily cleaning and free breakfast. The only thing that irritates me is that, this hotel is not actually in Monaco territory. It is actually in the outskirt, very near (like a few meter) from the borderline. They do not provide direction, and I asked the tourist info center, which, of course, don't have any information about this hotel. The hotel is near to bus stop. No problem traveling around.

Panoramic views from the rooftop over Monte Carlo. You can eat or recline up there on comfortable chairs. Medium priced stay includes delicious breakfast, helpful staff and easy walk to the beach or attractions.

Great hotel despite the fact that they had no record of my reservation on my arrival & I was lucky it worked out. Situated just over the border in France, the hotel next door is in Monte Carlo. It is easy to reach from the train station due to the lifts in Monaco. The hotel is minimilistic & modern, the bedroom was clean & spacious with a double bed & great view and spacious ensuite with a beautiful oval bath. However it had only a hand held shower. Breakfast/bar nicely decorated, nice breakfast

• 17th Sep 2010

Great cheap way to stay in Monaco.

Staff spoke very little english... Security not great, our security cards kept stopping working, and someone came in our room with their card (apparantly they got the wrong room by mistake but there card opened our room...). Bed comfortable, pretty close to the train station which gives a quite route to the harbour. Directions listed on hostelworld are poor.

No troubles as I spent most of the time touring but with the one issue I di have it was resolved to satisfaction to all.