Four Courts Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 6460 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

didn't stay for long I arrived at 7 at night and left at 5 in the morning, but for what I've seen I would recommend the hostel! The kitchen is huge and clean, so are the room.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Friendly, helpful staff, big kitchen for cooking and meeting other travellers, I do wish there were more plug outlets in rooms but can use common areas. I liked how there were additional toilets and showers on each floor. Secure rooms with trays available for locking your stuff away in the rooms and swipe card access to rooms.

11th Apr 2017
7.4

Wifi was spotty.

Agree it has been a patchy the last week. Almost there with the new WIFI set up.....in the meantime all public areas have good wifi and we have 3 PC's, FREE to use.....

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2017
7.7

Decent stay and location. As previous reviewers said, the majority of people are long term stays so it was difficult to find people to socialize with, but everyone was friendly enough.

10th Apr 2017

The room was clean & cosy. However, the mattress was really old & misshaped so it made it a bit difficult to fall asleep & have proper rest. Also, the wifi didn't work at all during my 24 hour stay! That was a bummer, since I needed to communicate with ppl back home. I use whatsapp, so using the computers was not a solution. & to b honest, their internet was as bad as the wifi. I only managed to log in to my email for 10 sec & the internet stopped working so I just gave up. Very frustrating

Hi there, Understandably frustrating I agree, but it's all ship shape now again...But whats even better ?? We recieved all the new hardware for our new WIFI set up today :) :) We're going to have the best WIFI in Dublin to every bed in the hostel including all public areas...Cool of what ???

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

Great location! The atmosphere was so great. I stayed in an eight person room and felt really safe with my belongings. Lots of spaces to hangout and meet other guests.

7.4

I was in a 12 bed female dorm but the 2 toilets and 3 showers appeared to be shared for both my dorm and the adjoining dorm, they weren't terribly clean. The beds and room themselves were fine. Good location right near Christchurch and St. Patrick's Cathedral, the bus from the airport stops just a couple minute's walk from the hostel and it is maybe 10 minutes or less walking to O'Connell Street where you can catch buses to anywhere you would like to go.

• Spain, Male, 18-24
6.0

Well, when I booked this was the hostel that offered best value for money, however now that my stay is over I wish I'd paid a bit more, the rooms are small, reception staff is not that friendly, atmosphere is nothing out of the extraordinary and WiFi works half of the times and doesn't get to rooms. Price wise it's excellent and it's located just outside Temple bar, however it's literally next door to a homeless shelter so get ready to see the extraordinary once you step out of the hostel.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
7.7

Good place for a few nights- massive lockers to keep your stuff in is a bonus. 2 toilets for 32 people was a bit of a stretch in the upstairs dorms, but the facilities were kept clean.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
3rd Apr 2017

The hostel is next to a homeless shelter, if that's a thing that concerns you, however security at the front door is good. Location-wise, it's a very short walk to Temple Bar but far enough away to be quiet at night. The lift is perpetually broken, so use your muscles getting bags up the spiral staircase. There seemed to be some fairly large groups of younger people (maybe school groups) so the vibe is a bit odd, not great for meeting other solo travellers. There is parking if you have a car.