Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Kitchen hygiene needs looking at sponges left in the sink and kitchen cutlerly.

• 14th Nov 2014

stayed at the four courts several times while visiting dublin and it has been a consistent good experience.

Kitchen was very cold feeling, kinda dirty. Not enough pots and pots for cooking. And no communal anything. Ie bottles of oil or anything. They just toss it out when they clean. I don't understand why you wouldn't keep it and put to share. Wait I think there was a box of salt... Bed was good, Location was great

• 4th Nov 2014

I am surprised you did not like our kitchen. It's a great kitchen. It is a large self catering kitchen allowing multiple guests to mingle whilst they cook. Were you looking for something smaller perhaps.? There is a box marked 'Free Food' where guests leave stuff when they are checking out.. if there was only salt in it then all the good stuff was eaten. That hardly deserves your low rating as you seem to have enjoyed the rest of our hostel.

Four Courts Hostel is just a wonderful hostel. It's always a favorite when we're in Dublin. The staff is very friendly, it's within walking distance of everything and it's 24 hour reception. The common room is wonderful, you meet wonderful people. And they have free breakfast, it's simple but very nice. I recommend this hostel to everyone who tells me they're headed to Dublin!

To many people, 100 for 50 seats at breakfast. No soap in the dispensers in any toilet. Lockers are cages under bed and the noise is unreal as people are rooting for stuff all hours of the night. Probably no worse than any other hostel in Dublin, overcrowded rooms and more of a boarding house than a backpacker hostel. staff are good.

A lot of noises during the night and the light under the door .

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Me thinks it may have been Halloween?

The hostel says they have "Safe Deposit Boxes and lockers under the beds", but it doesn't have lock, you can rent it for 2€, it would be better inform about it. Everything else was great, we had a problem with the toilet and the staff fixed it in the same day. For the price, it's really recommended.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Spain

With the lockers, if you have your own lock you can use it free of charge. Locks are available for rent at the reception if you do not have your own, €2 for the duration of your stay ... which is not bad. No pesky toilet will be allowed to get in the way of a good time. Glad you had a good stay. Al the best.

absolutely loved my short time there. best hostel i've been in.

I was in a private double room and it was small but it is enought compared with the price. There also was a mini-bathroom in my room.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wonderful hostel! Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. There should be more hostels like this one.

so this hostel wasn't for me for a number of reasons but I have to say the man and the girl at the front desk were awesome and lovely, breaky was good. The girls in my dorm were staying for ages so it was just crazy messy and I felt like an intruder although I was paying the same, I didn't like how there was no privacy when showering that was really strange but I probably should've found a different bathroom if there was one,didnt like the next dorm had to come into ours that was strange.

I stayed in 6 different hostels in Dublin in the past 2 years and the Four Courts is one of the best I've seen! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and clean, with a private bathroom included. The atmosphere is warm, even if the common areas are a bit too small. The location is great to my taste, close to the city center but away enough to avoid the noise.

the beds where really poor, and i still have neck pain because of the pillows

• 26th Oct 2014

Very good hostel in the city center of Dublin

Spacious, well maintained and run. The newer technology with the key card swipe makes life so much easyer and more secure than a key code or key.

• 25th Oct 2014

Friendly staff!

• 25th Oct 2014

Had a great stay. Lived in the 16 mixed bedroom for two nights. I would recommend this place for everyone. The breakfast was good and it had a good variation for a hostel. The staff was amazing and I recommend to take the day tour if you would like to know and see a little bit of Dubli n. The only thing bad was the lack of soap and the squeaky storage boxes under the beds.

Everything was great, staff was helpful and friendly.

I reccomend for long term rather than short term bookings in dorms. There is a catchy homely feel here that can catch you off guard and make you forget you checkout time! A wonderful place for group and bonding time with friends or colleagues.

• 17th Oct 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and had a 4 bed dorm to just ourselves meaning we also got an ensuite, which was really good of them. The only reason it is average for atmosphere is that there were big groups of spaniards who clearly already knew each other and didnt want to socialise, but this is nothing to do with the hostel folks, all in all a great place to base yourself!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7