Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel and I loved the location. Staff was very helpful

• 24th Aug 2015

The staff at front desk were always friendly and helpful. The hostel is on the main road so can be a bit noisy at night. Other than that, it was a good place to stay.

Everything was very good, the hostel is wonderfully located just outside Temple Bar. Only problem: I'm not sure they change the sheets often.

Was not what the online website declared true about facilities and basically the hostel in general. Bathrooms were in our rooms but other rooms were connected and used them as well. They were not "ensuite" when everyone uses them. The staff were nice, but at night there was no chance to do anything productive where Internet was only accessible in the downstairs dinning room, where everyone drinks and parties as well as smoking outside the fire escape door where the smoke just piles in.

• 22nd Aug 2015

This place was really good, no faults for me

Very good hostel! The room, toilet, shower were clean all the time. The place was secure, forget your padlock! no need to lock your goods... The Hostel staff is very friendly. Breakfast was good too. You can ask the reception for maps, adaptors, advises or events in the city.

Didn't like the showers, too small and found it hard to get dressed/undressed without revealing myself to the world or getting my towel/clothes soaked, some people may have no problem with this but I like to keep myself private when showering. Bathroom was messy when I left, however throughout the stay it was clean. Blackout curtains would be great, the light mornings made it difficult to sleep.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This was my third and best stay at this hostel. The employees there are always superb, but this time I received an especially warm welcome. The girl at reception during the morning of my arrival was particularly fantastic at her job. What's more, on this visit I actually enjoyed being around all of the guests. They came from a wide range of backgrounds and ages, and they were social in a good way. The Internet connections were fabulous for a change as well. Bravo! Keep up the good work!

Very good value for the money. The staff is very helpful. A great stay.

Great front staff who helped us with directions! I was traveling on budget with my teen aged daughters! Nice location with walking short distances to the attractions! Also loved the theatre a block away! Awesome! Thanks for helping us feel welcomed in your city!

• 17th Aug 2015

Average hostel in Dublin. Decent location just south of the river on the bank itself. Just minutes walk to Smithfield or Four Courts LUAS stop. Staff were friendly and helpful, except when I tried coming back around half 2 one night and was left outside with drunks and junkies in the cold for 20 minutes because no one was manning the reception desk. Good sized kitchen and common area. Need more plugs in rooms and lockers need a looking at, some didn't even have lids.

i liked the hostel. but it was a little far away from cityacity centre.

If you're in your twenties and want a party hostel, this place is for you. It was wild and crazy during my most recent stay there, and it was insanely busy. Reception had a constant stream of customers for several hours. I've never seen anything like it. I also didn't see anybody even remotely close to my age and honestly felt like I didn't belong there. What's more, it took several hours to get connected to the Internet. At least the staff and my roommates were nice, and I liked my dorm.

Excellent staff! Good value for money

• 14th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel. Good location. Great staff. Had a great time here. Only thing that was a little crappy was that the wifi wasn't strong in my room. The only place I can get a good connection was in the lobby or common area. But other than that, it was very good.

The Generator is very unique and funky and it was very nice to have a cafe and bar in the hostel. On the other hand, the rooms are not ventilated well at all and the room was always hot and smelled horrible all the time. It was a room with 6 beds and the symphony of smells was revolting. If we kept the window open and the door open it got a bit of a breeze but otherwise it was super stuffy! The other thing was their laundry facilities weren't available when we were there.

• 11th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel in a convenient place. Good value (better than the other hostel we stayed in this trip) and great people (had lots of good conversations). Everyone was helpful and open. Thanks for a great stay (our final night in Ireland)

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great review thanks :) Good to hear that you had a nice stay and you had a enjoyable last night before heading home. We hope to see you again

My best friend and I spent six days in a mixed room for four people. The place was perfect for several reasons - friendly and welcoming staff, pretty safe, excellent location, great breakfast! You can walk everywhere from there, or you can catch a bus at a nearby bus stop. The room had the basics, and it was perfect for both of us. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the Four Courts Hostel if I ever went back to Dublin.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Spain

excellent location; free car park exceptional ! noisy rooms due to traffic on Merchants'Quay

• 6th Aug 2015

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay. Merci est bon voyage :)

The breakfast is a little light

• 4th Aug 2015