Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The staff was excellent - best part of the experience. The bathroom/ensuite was a disappointment. You had to push the nozzle for hot or cold water on the facet like in elementary school. And the shower was also just one push button where the water stayed on 20 seconds and you could do nothing about the temp. For me it was cold and then too hot. And they didn't provide any soap fixtures. Also, the breakfast wasn't anything to wake up for.

• 9th Sep 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful (the girl booking my day trip got me the 5 euro student discount even though I wasn't a student. Thanks!). 3 computers for free use. Didn't use the kitchen but looked good and wish I had. Stayed in the 18 room ensuite, room/bedding clean decent temperature. I think we shared the 2 toilet/2 shower bathroom with another room but I never had a problem using them, also clean especially considering volume. Breakfast basic but you can have as much as you want. Good.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Indubiously

Reasonable,clean and central. Everything we needed

• 6th Sep 2014

Dublin8 is not so far away from the city centre but we can find much closer one as well. Here is cheap so, many long-term-customers stay in. For just one night is okay.

Great location, a five minute walk to the main area of temple bar. Great Pub crawl, only 12 euros which includes 1/2 pint of guiness and shots of milk at each bar, although large group of like minded people to do it with. They also have special offers at each bar which more than saves you 12 euros! Would recommend.

• 6th Sep 2014

The staff were really helpful, wifi was good except didnt work in the rooms, breakfast was ok would be good if they had whole meal bread, the showers had that annoying push button but were still pretty good, kitchen was big and well equipped, if your a solo traveller I wouldn't stay here the way it's set up is more for groups as there is no atmosphere!!

Even though I was there for less than 24 hours, I really enjoyed my stay at Dublin, and particularly in the hostel. Everything was clean and the breakfast was of reasonable diversity. There was free open wifi, although the signal was a bit weak at the rooms. This was my first stay ever in a hostel and i had a BLAST! I made new friends from all over the world and had a great stay. THANKS!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good place to stay, decent location. Bathrooms weren't the greatest but they work. Atmosphere is average. Worth the money overall.

Second year we stayed at this hostel. Stayed at 4 different hostels last year. But the four court hostel was our absolute favorite hostel of these. Only nice people and the staff always wants to help. Thanx guys, hope to see ya all next year. Keep up the good work. Cheers from sweden

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Best hostel in dublin. Staff is amazing! They recommended the best coffee shop by day bar by night called the twisted pepper, so go there too. I loved the complimentary breakfast. Seriously GREAT location.

The hostel was good considering its price. Its breakfast was very minimal: toast with jam or milk with cruesli. It wasnt really clean..

• 31st Aug 2014

Hi, I am a little confused. You say the Hostel was good but then the rating is not. Value is rated 3 out of 5 yet your mention the price was good. Facilities is rated 2 out of 5 yet you say the hostel was good. Our breakfast is better than a lot of hostels offer with a variety of hot drinks and cereals along with toast, juice and cookies but it does go unappreciated sometimes. We will work on it as with cleanliness. Cheers for staying.

Not many plug-ins for the shared dorm that I was in, however that staff were extremely friendly and helpful with all of our additional questions. Good lockers for storage under the bunk, but my locker was being used by somebody else when I arrived late at night which was a drag. I loved the 24/hour reception too.

• 29th Aug 2014

Great place ..was a bit too big and too many people so much that its difficult to chat/meet people for me. The staff was very nice. Location was great. If you like big place this is great.

stayed there several times over the years and always had a good experience.

Cheers, see you next year!

we spent 2 nights there, and it felt like there is a mass of people there, not talking to each other, too noisy, many drunk young people that don't care making noise at 04:00-05:00am in the rooms and corridors. location is good though, most of the staff were nice and helpful. wouldn't go back though.

Hi, It is interesting to view your reviews for other hostels as noise would appear to be a issue for you. Earplugs are available at reception for light sleepers. Staff are available 24 hours if there are any disturbances. We have put up notices in the smoking area for guest to be respectful of those sleeping from 11pm. It is worth noting though that you are the couple that went into your room after we told you it was not ready but you chose to ignore us so you are a bit of a rule breaker too.

the six bed room was very small

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very nice staff, good brekfast, usable kitchen, luggage room you can use after checking out, great security. Excellent value for money. Just don't recommend the 10 dorm (on the ground floor) because there is too much noise from the smokers area outside.

The good news is that Smokers by their very nature will be extinct soon. I have instructed the night staff to be more vigilant regarding noise levels. We have also posted extra signage requesting a bit of respect for the early sleepers. Earplugs are available at reception if guests require them. Glad you had a good stay and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Was impressed with cleanliness and friendly staff. Security was good for such a large building and rooms very clean. Stayed there at the beginning of our trip and before departure and had the same excellent impressing both times.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Many thanks for your kind words...and for simply enjoying yourself. It is good to know that we helped you have a pleasant experience during your time in Ireland. Smiles all round.

This was one of the loveliest hostels I've stayed in, great provisions, friendly, helpful staff and an amazing location (just around the corner from Temple Bar)! I was very impressed and would definitely stay there again.

• 21st Aug 2014

One member of the staff team was really unfriendly and unhelpful. The bathroom on my floor was flooded. The decoration and atmosphere in the hostel is very poor. Many large groups or lonely travellers being busy with their laptops and smartphones..The common room with tv and books is a joke!

The only reason the floor would be wet in your bathroom is if the shower door was not closed properly. I will follow up your comment regarding a staff member. Everyone can have an off day, as it would appear you were having the night you stayed with us. I'm off to buy some wallpaper.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7