Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The cleanest hostel i've ever stayed in :)

The staff were great - over two nights we met three different members, very friendly, willing to help, and coordinate cabs. Twin ensuite was big enough for two. 6 bed mixed may be an issue if there is a lot of luggage, storage was available and monitored via cctv as well as under bed lockers. Wifi was hit or miss, computers available. Breakfast was good. Common areas were sufficient for large groups. Proximity to a homeless shelter...loud/sketch at night but doors unlock from inside only.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I was there during off-season so it wasn't too bad but this hostel is very popular. expect a lot of people staying in the hostel. some door key card did not work.

enjoyed the stay

The hostel is very easy to find, close to Temple Bar, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is missing a bit of personality though, only the common rooms have some kind of decorations, corridors, staircases and rooms are bland. The only thing that surprised me was he lack of of proper private shower cabins. In our 12beds room we had a bathroom with two showers that had only curtains. But overall, very good value for money, and does the job of giving people a place to sleep and chill out.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Reading/movie room as well as the big dining hall are great, but it would be good to have more seats available in the reading room. In the 12 bed dorm, the air was extremely bad and I couldn't open the windows. Our dorm's rest rooms were pretty dirty and I had problems with the wifi from time to time. One of the staff members gave me a bad description of a whereabout so that I missed my bus. Location is good, but Merchants Quay Ireland is next to it ...

I loved it. Great staff, excellent location, and they were flexible about me changing my booking. Only thing that could be improved would be the soap containers being full in the toilets around the place.

We really enjoyed our stay at The Four Courts! The staff were super friend and helpful (even to some probably very annoying drunk girls!! Haha). The room was a good size and the beds were comfy! Also the atmosphere in the common room was great, filled with truly lovely people. When I come to Dublin I will definitely stay here and recommend to all!! :-)

Lovely budget hostel. Will use again

• 31st Dec 2014

The staff was the beat part!! Super nice, friendly and more than willing to give some great suggestions. The place had great atmosphere and we immensely enjoyed our time there. Would definitely stay there again!!

• 30th Dec 2014

Awesome place with awesome staff. Very recommended!!

Curtains on the bunks for more privacy would be nice. Also, less squeaky beds.

Lovely Staff! comfy beds.

• 18th Dec 2014

This hostel is absolutely amazing and I am definitely going to be staying there again!! I'd recommend it to anyone... Everyone that works there I lovely the atmosphere us brilliant and my friend and I stayed up for hours chatting to othe people staying there! Great hostel and had a fantastic, stress free evening because of it!!:)

• 17th Dec 2014

Friendly Staff, Great Location,Clean rooms, storage under beds for items, All around a great place and will be back

• 15th Dec 2014

Four Courts is located right on the river and is easy to find. The staff is amazing, so helpful and understanding. If you have any issues, let them know and they'll do their best to help you. Overall good experience. Our room and bathroom was a bit messy, but the staff had their staff Christmas party the night before, so we were warned cleaning wouldn't occur until later that afternoon. Everyone in our room was very nice and friendly.

Four Courts was my first hostel experience and overall pleasant! It's a decent location and the staff was super helpful with giving us directions and reccommending places to go. I stayed in the 12 female dorm and the bathrooms were clean for the most part and the shower was warm. Loved Dublin and would probably return and stay at Four Courts again!

• 12th Dec 2014

We were very surprised to dislike this hostel as much as we did after reading the previous reviews. The staff weren't very friendly or helpful, and the hostel lacked any real atmosphere with most travellers older and keeping to themselves. We were in a 16bed dorm and shared two showers with another 10bed dorm. This would've been fine if the showers didn't overflow with each use. Overall we were highly disappointed and couldn't wait to leave.

I put the things I liked in the Recommend this place section. The lockers: THEY'RE NOISY. They could use some lube or repair. I think the hostel would benefit from a better, CLEARLY MARKED, SET ASIDE section for FREE & FOR EVERYONE TO USE so others who are not having much money can eat by putting a few things together... and those who are leaving can feel good knowing they contributed to making someone's stay nicer.

I stayed two nights in a mixed 16 people. Perfect location, near the main spots! Clean, with good shower pressure and temperature, helpfull staff... I recommend

• 5th Dec 2014