Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Staff : very friendly and helpful. Location : quiet and convenient.

• 26th Jun 2015

Very big hostels rarely are very nice places. The common area at Four Couts Hostel was very noisy (why the heavy rock??) and sort of the antithesis of "cozy".

Good hostel, not the nicest looking one, but had everything you need. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hostel had a good social environment, although a lot of the people were long-term stay- not that it really matters, but it's the first time I've seen that.

Room was too warm to sleep in. Floors creeked very badly as my bunk was located just inside the door of the room and anytime anyonw walked past outside i was awaken.

• 20th Jun 2015

Bathroom was very dirty, and no warm water! And when I ask to the receptionist, he said he can't do anything to solve the problem!

Hi there, Thanks for staying with us. Apologies about the water situation, we had a problem with a valve over the weekend that required a new part. We did our best to get this fixed as soon as possible. All in all it took about 24 hours. I wish you the best for your travels, Shane

The location of this hostel is fantastic as it is walking distance to the temple bar area and most attractions. However, the walls are very thin and the doors are heavy. We were up most of the night. In addition, the boiler broke during our stay. They didn't notify us until we tried to shower and had to call down to the front desk. We ended up leaving a day early because there was no estimate as to when the water would be back on, and we did not receive a refund. I wouldn't stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was perfect - everything was within walking distance. Great value for the money; we will definitely go back!

The hostel is on the River Liffey off the beaten path, but not in a desirable neighborhood. The rooms needed to be swept and cleaned and we shared 2 showers/toilets for 22 beds. I had read on Hostelworld that it offered free laundry, but it was 8 euro. The laundry process was simple and came back with no issue. The breakfast was toast and cereal with coffee, tea and juice. Overall the place felt a bit run down and had too many people to make the experience enjoyable. I would not return.

I really enjoyed my say here. The staff was super helpful - when I requested a bottom bunk, the guy at the front desk went out of his way to switch me to a room that had bottom bunk availability & they were patient with my million questions regarding efficient travel to the airport. The location was great - you can get pretty much anywhere very easily, and the Wi-Fi (which I relied heavily upon since I was teaching an online class while traveling) was really good too!

• 14th Jun 2015

Excellent location and value for money, staff freindly and beds comfy

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Lovely staff but the whole place needs a really good clean,fine for a night but would need to be cleaner for me to stay longer.good location and friendly helpful staff

The hostel staff were AMAZING and made our stay so great! We love Fran!!

• 12th Jun 2015

a very good place with nice people and staff

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was helpful and really nice to talk to. Breakfast was decent and it was enough for a good start in the morning. I didn't cook much but having an open kitchen to do some cooking is really nice. The luggage cages in the rooms need to be refitted so that they fit all lock types! A standard combination lock did not fit on there which made me a bit concerned about my personal belonggings safety. Besides all that, really chill place in a great location in Dublin.

It is very well located and easy to find. The staff is great, and very gentle. Also I could breath a good atmosphere in there. Unfortunately I could stay only one night, but that' s definitely a place I'd go back if I ever go to Dublin again!

We needed to stay in a hostel for one night before we left for London. As soon as you enter it is a completely social environment- the staff was great and the common room was awesome. The entire place is full of charm and the rooms were clean. We didn't use the shower but the bathroom was a good size and looked and smelled clean! It's location is right near water and gives a great view as soon as you walk out. It is a quick walk to everything as well!

Very diverse group of people staying. A lot of older men living there.

Lovely place, lots of community space so you always find room to chill out in. The pillows are the thinnest I've ever seen though.

Friendly staff, close to the main attractions, easy to get from/to the airport by getting the bus. Highly recommended!

• 6th Jun 2015

The lockboxes were excellent. I was able to fit my entire pack in it! Remember to bring your own lock.

• 6th Jun 2015