Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Friendly Staff, Great Location,Clean rooms, storage under beds for items, All around a great place and will be back

• 15th Dec 2014

Four Courts is located right on the river and is easy to find. The staff is amazing, so helpful and understanding. If you have any issues, let them know and they'll do their best to help you. Overall good experience. Our room and bathroom was a bit messy, but the staff had their staff Christmas party the night before, so we were warned cleaning wouldn't occur until later that afternoon. Everyone in our room was very nice and friendly.

Four Courts was my first hostel experience and overall pleasant! It's a decent location and the staff was super helpful with giving us directions and reccommending places to go. I stayed in the 12 female dorm and the bathrooms were clean for the most part and the shower was warm. Loved Dublin and would probably return and stay at Four Courts again!

• 12th Dec 2014

We were very surprised to dislike this hostel as much as we did after reading the previous reviews. The staff weren't very friendly or helpful, and the hostel lacked any real atmosphere with most travellers older and keeping to themselves. We were in a 16bed dorm and shared two showers with another 10bed dorm. This would've been fine if the showers didn't overflow with each use. Overall we were highly disappointed and couldn't wait to leave.

• 7th Dec 2014

I put the things I liked in the Recommend this place section. The lockers: THEY'RE NOISY. They could use some lube or repair. I think the hostel would benefit from a better, CLEARLY MARKED, SET ASIDE section for FREE & FOR EVERYONE TO USE so others who are not having much money can eat by putting a few things together... and those who are leaving can feel good knowing they contributed to making someone's stay nicer.

I stayed two nights in a mixed 16 people. Perfect location, near the main spots! Clean, with good shower pressure and temperature, helpfull staff... I recommend

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

The room are fine, the breakfast is included and the location is great. Nevertheless, someone pee on my clothes and a little bit on the duvet during the night and the staff don't even offer me to change of bed, wash my clothes or to repay the night. Apart from this incident, it's a good place.

• 5th Dec 2014

The staff is absolutely amazing!

We stayed last weekend and we will be staying again next weekend. No better place to stay if you're using the train station to get out of Dublin then flying out from Dublin. Great atmosphere and awesome kitchen, though people need to learn how to do their own dishes.

Everything alright, really friendly staff, excellent security. My phone couldn't get the wifi, but I was staying on the 3rd floor and anyway the computers in the hall functioned well and for free. I was disappointed just for the breakfast, which I found really poor.

The location is perfect, just 5 minutes by walk to Temple Bar. From this hostel you can go anywhere you want by walk, so you don't need to spend money on public transportation to reach the main attractions in the city. We had a family room, which was very clean and correct for the price we paid. The only thing I would improve is Wi-Fi, because the connection is poor. Don't expect luxury, but if you want to stay in Dublin for a cheap price, this is one of the best choices you can make.

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel is in a convenient location along the Liffey. It's very close by a few good pubs and about a less than 10 minutes walk from the edges of Temple Bar. Most of the staff were friendly, though there were a couple that had a less than friendly attitude. The atmosphere overall was lively. Lots of friendly travelers around. Internet was superb in the rooms. Very clean hostel. Can get a bit loud in the hallways sometimes, but nothing unbearable and out of the norm. A bit pricey.

Location is nicely between Guinness Storehouse and Temple Bar area. People at front desk were ok friendly, but nowhere near the friendliness that I experienced elsewhere in Dublin. But definitely sufficed for the price.

Brilliant hostel. Location was very central to everything, only a five minute walk to Temple Bar etc. Staff in hostel went above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Very friendly atmosphere and comfortable.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Really nice and helpful staff!! They will answer all your questions and help you with whatever you want! And when I lost my towel, they gave me one of theirs for free :) Also the rooms were warm and cosy. And breakfast was included, so this is also a big advantage!

• Belgium

The room was a shock. I understand it is a hostel, and I have been to other hostels as well, but have not encountered such bad condutions. I also understand Dublin is expensive, but to pay 100 euros for 2 nights for such conditions is outrageous. The room was super small, the beds were small as well, and not long enough (+ squeaky). We could hear all the noise from the hallway, absolutely no soundproof, the room overall was did not meet any decent cleaning standards. The bathroom was ok.

• Romania

I agree that the twin rooms are small. Hostels were never really about cheap private rooms, they were about providing affordable shared accommodation where people from all cultures can meet and share experiences. The twins are fine if you are young at heart and want to soak up the Hostel vibe whilst having a private room. If it is a private slice of luxury with soundproofed walls then hotels would be more your thing.

The hostel is located next to a homeless and drug rehab centre (Merchants Quay Ireland homeless and drug services). I was staying at the hostel for 3 nights and would see people 'using' outside the centre and on 2 occasions saw people injecting. Not nice to see. I checked out a day early as I didn't feel comfortable with the location.

Dublin is a small vibrant city, more like a suburb really, with a condensed population. This means that both the good and the bad coexist in the same space. I am sorry if you did not feel comfortable but we have not had any issues with the dodgier elements or witnessed what you have. Our location offers great views overlooking the river and is surrounded by gems like Ireland's Oldest pub, Christchurch, Jameson whiskey, Guinness storehouse and Temple bar. Positive outlook always works best.

Very good location!

• 21st Nov 2014

It was a nice hostel, maybe beds were a little small. But cleanliness and location were great.

Staff where so nice, we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7