Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

There was a bloodstain on one of the shower curtains.

• 18th Jul 2014

Unfortunately nothing was mentioned by any guests or staff. If we had been notified at the time we would have checked and removed it. Once I read this I checked the shower curtain but as they are washed regularly the current ones would not have been there during you stay. The shower curtains are only in the largest dorms and are used by many guests throughout the day. Because of this they are checked regularly and any damage would not have been there for a prolonged time.

(+) location - within walking distance of most tourist attractions in Dublin (+) very helpful friendly staff (+) security (-) very small room and tiny bathroom (-) cleanliness left a lot to be desired (-) breakfast poor - hardly any options to choose from (only jam and butter), no real coffee (only instant one), etc. (-) misleading room title " twin room private" - all other hostels use the word "private" for "private ensuite" - not the case here, as our shower was down the hall

Hi, The room you booked is titled 'Twin room private (WC only)', the other rooms are titled 'Twin room private Ensuite'. The use of the word private is to indicate that the room cannot be booked by bed i.e. 2 strangers sharing as with the dorm rooms. Breakfast offers tea, coffee, juice, milk, a selection of cereals, toast, bread, cookies and is complimentary. It does go unappreciated sometimes but hopefully the majority find it a good start to their day. I do agree that the twin room is small.

Very friendly atmosphere, amenities were all nice and clean!

• 15th Jul 2014

Deliberately stayed in this hostel a second time as the first time was so good. Still great three years later.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

No wifi in the rooms made it a bit complicated, but had a good stay in overall! Breakfast could be better.

WI-Fi should work in the room but if not, the ground floor areas are all open 24 hours and WI-Fi and internet consoles are readily available. Our breakfast is a simple affair but better than a lot of breakfasts offered by our fellow Hostels. It is a light continental breakfast that is provided free!

' a nice well-situated hostel'.

• 13th Jul 2014

At first I didn'find my bed. Secondly, when I figured out which was my bed, it hasn't been linened for me. I got there at 9pm and had to waut until 11pm to get the sheets. I believe 16 beds per room is to much. 6 is ok. With sixteen peiple sleeping in the same room, it gets more messy and dirty. There was a weird smell in there as well.

• 11th Jul 2014

The Hostel is very good for the price you pay. The breakfast is fine, the rooms as well. Toilets not that good, but at least are clean. Location and staff are good as well. I would recommend

the hostel was very fine. everything.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Really enjoyed this hostel, great location and comfy beds

Great hostel in a central location, comfortable beds, big kitchen, and good wifi. Good place to meet people. Only complaint was the presence of several long time guests who kind of sucked the energy out of the place a bit.

Nice hostel with very helpful staff :)

Great place to stay. Have always made friends with other residents. Lovely staff. Good facilities. Best hostel in Dublin by far.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very good hostel with really informative and friendly staff. Only downside for me was no wifi in the room.

Great stay for one night; friendly and very helpful staff, clean room and bathroom, and a good location for a night out in Temple Bar!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Many Thanks, glad you had a good time.

Good hostel--central location, friendly staff, average amenities. Would stay here again!

Pretty average hostel. There were lots of large groups when I visited, so it was a bit hard to meet people. The hostel was clean, offered basic amenities and breakfast, decent rooms. Beds were so-so. There was lots of space in my 4-bed mixed room. It was pretty quiet in this hostel when I was trying to sleep too! Staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't go on the pub crawl but they helped me join the walking tour. It's in a decent location not too close nor far away from temple bar.

The staff were very nice very helpful. It was a very welcoming clean and warm hostel. We had a family room of four beds as a group of four girls their was plenty of space to get ready, The location was excellent it was very near temple bar but not so near that it was noisy, it was only a short luas journey from Houston station. Once again the staff were lovely which made all the difference. I would highly recommend it.

• 27th Jun 2014

Perfect, good stuff.

Really great hostel, with fun and knowledgeable staff. Having a semi-private bathroom was great. Breakfast was limited but lasted for a long time, and the coffee machine broke halfway high our stay, but otherwise our stay was great. Close enough to easily walk to all the attractions in a few minutes, but not so close you can hear temple bar. Would definitely stay again.

• 26th Jun 2014

Cheers. See you again.

Good location, close to pubs and restaurants and the staff were very helpful and friendly! The hostel has large kitchen facilities. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was a bit damp and stuffy while it was raining but the beds were clean and comfy. The wednesday night pub crawl was very good :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7