Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

I've stayed in several hostels in Dublin in the past few months and this one has been my favorite! Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean facilities, and very quiet unlike other hostels I've been to. It's a perfect location to both get to Temple Bar and not be able to hear Temple Bar when you're trying to go to sleep. Loved it!

• 1st Mar 2015

We loved our stay at Four Courts! The guys at the reception desk were great and provided us with lots of recommendations (and also with an umbrella and a hot water bottle - thanks again!!). When we come back to Dublin, we'll definitely stay there again. :)

I was in Dublin for the weekend with my brother and this is the first time i have ever stayed in a hostel, my brother having stayed in loads recommended this place and I was delighted to find out upon arrival that we were upgraded from a 6 bed mixed to a two bed private dorm, staff were very friendly and easy to get along with.... yap would defo recommend this place for anyone coming to Dublin...

• 21st Feb 2015

Great location, staff, and breakfast was nice as well! Just bring a padlock to lock up your stuff.

• 20th Feb 2015

The staff were very helpful and the whole hostel seemed quite clean! I felt safe and enjoyed their breakfast.

• 20th Feb 2015

Even though it is not located in the heart of Dublin, but the location is considered good for a traveller. The toilets and showers are so clean, clean hallways. There is an elevator- so you don't have to hassle bringing your luggages. Sometimes, there is no wifi in my room at 3rd floor.

• Malaysia

I found this hostel experience different from any other I have had,in that the people I was sharing a room with were not travellers, but people who were working in Dublin and living at the hostel. They had no interest in mixing with people who were just staying for a couple of nights and they used the space in the room to their advantage, not for the benefit of all. The hostel staff were lovely and the facilities were fine. The hostel's location allowed you to walk everywhere.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi there, We do have some regular guests here which add to the overall vibe to the hostel, but haveing over 200 other, travellers, backpackers etc should be enought to help mix once outside the rooms. We have a kitchen, common room, reading room, tv/cinema room and much more space where people can mingle, chill and chat....But cheers for staying and thanks for the feed back, all the best, S

Did a job for us (a group of 10 ) who were over to watch the rugby. hostel was close to temple bar district and although we spent very little time in the hostel would thoroughly reccomend.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Amazingly friendly staff- very helpful! Price was great for the location and facilities. Would definitely stay again!

• 7th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, facillities and location

• 7th Feb 2015

Good stuff :) Happy to have you and we'll see you next time round!

Really friendly and helpful staff! Quite clean considering the high volume of people living there. Easy to find transportation to and from the hostel. The nightly fee was a little high in my opinion, but Dublin is an expensive city so I guess it wasn't bad compared to the competitors.

In one word-GREAT

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Enough about yourself, tell them about the hostel! Oh...wait... thank you!

Amazing place to stay!!! Great facilities ( kitchen and fridge, very important if u dont want to spend lots of money eating outside) staff is nice, friendly and always there to help u, location is perfect just near the city centre.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Staff and everything is exceptional, big thumbs up, you respect the rules and them and they will respect you back.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Nice staff, friendly atmosphere. Clean, spacious interior. Great place to stay. :)

Nothing worked o in this hostel for me, i would recommend to buy first of all new pots in fact when i was cooking my food got always burned and badly cooked, receptionist not well trained, as they dont even know hostel policy and rules. I would never go there anymore and obviously i will not spend a good advice to go there for people who go to dublin. 19th century kitchen closes at 2 pm during lunchtime and 11 pm in the night..that is a joke and is absolutely ridicolous

• 23rd Jan 2015

It isn't fair to blame our excellent kitchen for your lack of culinary skillz. One of our fellow Italian residents is in the process of writing a Four Courts Hostel Cookbook - we'll send you a free copy, if you'd like! Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here. Happy travels!

I stayed at the hostel for some days. It was very nice, the staff was cool! Keep up that good work!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Austria

You're cool! See you next time buddy. Keep up the good reviews!

Four Courts was a great place to stay. Such great atmosphere with friendly staff, it made being away from home easy. I stayed in a 6 person room and never felt like my belongings would be taken, and the lockers under the beds were more than enough to store valuables. For the most part showers were warm/hot, with the occasional cold bit in the middle, but nothing to complain about. Was also in a great part of the city.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the future! (Be it near or distant; we'll still be here. We're not gonna let the robots take over!)

The cleanest hostel i've ever stayed in :)

Glad you agree. :) Have fun on all your travels and we'd love to see you again!

The staff were great - over two nights we met three different members, very friendly, willing to help, and coordinate cabs. Twin ensuite was big enough for two. 6 bed mixed may be an issue if there is a lot of luggage, storage was available and monitored via cctv as well as under bed lockers. Wifi was hit or miss, computers available. Breakfast was good. Common areas were sufficient for large groups. Proximity to a homeless shelter...loud/sketch at night but doors unlock from inside only.

• 22nd Jan 2015