Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

I thought that this hostel was a good value for the money. It was only a short walk to the temple bar area. They had good information on what you could do and see in Dublin and the staff were friendly and informative. The thing I didn't like: there were some long term residents of the hostel, maybe students or something, who were staying in the dorm. I was on the bunk above a long termer and I felt as though I was intruding on her space. Their stuff also took up a lot of space in the room.

• 6th Feb 2016

Good location, helpful and very friendly staff, free breakfast and lively atmosphere, walking distances to temple bar, walking tour, guinness factory. Airlink shuttle drops you off nearly in front of the hostel, clean rooms and comfy sheets and mattresses but really noisy bed frames and toilet wasn't flushing properly

For me the hostel was too noisy, it seemed there where no regular backpacker but older people who cannot afford anything else. The hostel had no charm for me, neither was the staff particulary friendly. But the location next to the drug station is probably the worst point. I didn t feel safe to walk from or tonthe hostel at night.

The staff was so nice and helped us with everything we needed. We had a great time there.

• Spain

What can I say ? Whenever I'm in Dublin I like to stay at the Four Courts.....The hostel is close enough to the centre and to Temple bar..Close to Heuston station too...The kitchen is big enough..Though I still think an extra microven oven would be handy :) The staff is really helpful and friendly. If you need something or if you have a problem with your bed or dorm, they'll do their best to arrange things for you. Just ask politely ;)

change the internet connection,

• 28th Jan 2016

Well located hostel. Awful bathrooms... They have 2 showers for 12 people, there is not enough room for you to change and take a bath, very uncomfortable. There are not enough power outlets on the rooms. The arrangement of the room was awful, a bed literally next to a radiator, I wasn't only afraid of burning myself at night but it was extremely hot.

This place was awesome. They definitely are the place to stay in Dublin. They are only minutes away from key points (i.e. Guinness Storehouse, Jameson Distillery, and other sites) walking. They are easy to find and their shuttle back to the airport is extremely helpful, especially at early hours in the morning. I would definitely recommend staying here when you go. This will be where I stay when I visit next time.

• 22nd Jan 2016

This hostel has a large number of guest staying for months. The condition and smell of the rooms were as if it was a homeless shelter - though they did manage to keep it clean. It would feel as if you just walked into someone's bedroom at their home and took a bed. Not a feeling you would expect at a hostel. If you were not in your room everything else was fine. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The Internet was super fast - great to upload large amounts of photos.

We had a great stay during a weekend in Dublin. Fantastic staff, nice rooms and a great location for everything we needed (and easy to navigate back to after a Guinness or two!). Looking forward to returning for another visit!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Staff members were all quite friendly and helpful. The hostel's location is perfect, as you have many attractions within walking distance along with the Temple Bar area, and not being right in the middle of it will allow you to have a good night's sleep if that's what you want. The only thing I wasn't too fond of were some of the other guests, but that's something you can't really do anything about, as you'll get people like this everywhere. Overall, it's quite the good place to stay.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Good breakfast, nice place to stay with friendly staff and nice atmposhere.

Great locations, the bathrooms are freezing thought

Really nice place! love the experience there!!! Really nice bed and clean bathrooms!

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Dominican Republic

Great hostel! Staff was super helpful and knowledgeable. Location is awesome and the facilities were nice. Showers were freezing though.

• 12th Jan 2016

Not to much fun but quiet and clean

Just put some more routers for wi fi. On 3rd floor is poor connection.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Croatia

Very helpful and nice staff.

• 4th Jan 2016

This was my first hostel experience and I found Four Courts very welcoming and accommodating. Thank you.

I defenitly recommend this hostel. The atmosphere is really great, staff is friendly, close to the river, quiet while sleeping, big kitchen and lots of tables, simple bufffet for breakfast, really good value for the money. 👌

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7