Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The staff is absolutely amazing!

We stayed last weekend and we will be staying again next weekend. No better place to stay if you're using the train station to get out of Dublin then flying out from Dublin. Great atmosphere and awesome kitchen, though people need to learn how to do their own dishes.

Everything alright, really friendly staff, excellent security. My phone couldn't get the wifi, but I was staying on the 3rd floor and anyway the computers in the hall functioned well and for free. I was disappointed just for the breakfast, which I found really poor.

The location is perfect, just 5 minutes by walk to Temple Bar. From this hostel you can go anywhere you want by walk, so you don't need to spend money on public transportation to reach the main attractions in the city. We had a family room, which was very clean and correct for the price we paid. The only thing I would improve is Wi-Fi, because the connection is poor. Don't expect luxury, but if you want to stay in Dublin for a cheap price, this is one of the best choices you can make.

• 4th Dec 2014

I had a great time there. The facilities are amazing clean and new. I had to congratulate especially the staff, that helps you with anything you might need. Solving each and every of your doubts.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is in a convenient location along the Liffey. It's very close by a few good pubs and about a less than 10 minutes walk from the edges of Temple Bar. Most of the staff were friendly, though there were a couple that had a less than friendly attitude. The atmosphere overall was lively. Lots of friendly travelers around. Internet was superb in the rooms. Very clean hostel. Can get a bit loud in the hallways sometimes, but nothing unbearable and out of the norm. A bit pricey.

This hostel was average. I wasn't very happy with it, but I wasn't totally dissatisfied either. While I was there (a 2 week period), a dorm room had all their laptops stolen, and someone from my room had her wallet taken from her purse while in the main lounge. I stayed in a mixed room of 8 and for the period I was there, there was no soap in the bathroom. The whole place didn't feel very clean. There was no wifi in my room. Sometimes no place to sit in the lounge. No heat in my room.

• 24th Nov 2014

Location is nicely between Guinness Storehouse and Temple Bar area. People at front desk were ok friendly, but nowhere near the friendliness that I experienced elsewhere in Dublin. But definitely sufficed for the price.

Brilliant hostel. Location was very central to everything, only a five minute walk to Temple Bar etc. Staff in hostel went above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Very friendly atmosphere and comfortable.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Really nice and helpful staff!! They will answer all your questions and help you with whatever you want! And when I lost my towel, they gave me one of theirs for free :) Also the rooms were warm and cosy. And breakfast was included, so this is also a big advantage!

• Belgium

The room was a shock. I understand it is a hostel, and I have been to other hostels as well, but have not encountered such bad condutions. I also understand Dublin is expensive, but to pay 100 euros for 2 nights for such conditions is outrageous. The room was super small, the beds were small as well, and not long enough (+ squeaky). We could hear all the noise from the hallway, absolutely no soundproof, the room overall was did not meet any decent cleaning standards. The bathroom was ok.

• Romania

I agree that the twin rooms are small. Hostels were never really about cheap private rooms, they were about providing affordable shared accommodation where people from all cultures can meet and share experiences. The twins are fine if you are young at heart and want to soak up the Hostel vibe whilst having a private room. If it is a private slice of luxury with soundproofed walls then hotels would be more your thing.

The hostel is located next to a homeless and drug rehab centre (Merchants Quay Ireland homeless and drug services). I was staying at the hostel for 3 nights and would see people 'using' outside the centre and on 2 occasions saw people injecting. Not nice to see. I checked out a day early as I didn't feel comfortable with the location.

Dublin is a small vibrant city, more like a suburb really, with a condensed population. This means that both the good and the bad coexist in the same space. I am sorry if you did not feel comfortable but we have not had any issues with the dodgier elements or witnessed what you have. Our location offers great views overlooking the river and is surrounded by gems like Ireland's Oldest pub, Christchurch, Jameson whiskey, Guinness storehouse and Temple bar. Positive outlook always works best.

Very good location!

• 21st Nov 2014

It was a nice hostel, maybe beds were a little small. But cleanliness and location were great.

Staff where so nice, we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you.

• 21st Nov 2014

Showers were clean and hot. Bed was clean and comfortable. Lockers fairly large. Location was pretty central, staff very helpful. Would stay here again.

• 20th Nov 2014

This a huge hostel with all the pros and cons you could expect for that: great atmosphere, superb location and awesome common spaces. Breakfast was good although cleanliness was poor .Many people cooking at the same time, I guess.. The room was pretty ok,but it was recently waxed so there was this strong smell which we had to deal with. There was a guy at the reception -the bearded one- with was very rude with some of the people of our group (he was a bit obsessed with the pass ticket).

four courts was a awesome hostel. the staff was fantastic super nice and extremely informative and helpful. definitely would use the hostel again if I ever got back to Dublin.

Kitchen hygiene needs looking at sponges left in the sink and kitchen cutlerly.

• 14th Nov 2014

stayed at the four courts several times while visiting dublin and it has been a consistent good experience.

Looking back through your reviews has been a consistently good experience also. Long may it continue.