Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The Staff were really friendly, which made the experience even better. I would definitely return. thanks you xx

• 13th Mar 2015

This hostel actually ruined the experience in Dublin. We stayed in a 16 bed Female Dorm. Looking around, it was apparent that people were LIVING in the room long-term. It made the entire experience so uncomfortable. The bathroom was only accessed through another huge dorm room. There was no where to set your stuff while taking a shower and very dirty. There was one power strip for the entire 16 person room. We ended up cancelling the rest of our stay and went to the Generator instead.

• 7th Mar 2015

This place has a bad vibe. Full of people living here for long time, the kitchen is a mess.

Hi there, Bad vibe?? I will have to disagree with you on that one. We cater to people from all over the world, language students, travellers, groups, backpackers...if the people are cool, they can stay in a cool place. The kitchen can get a little messy at meal times, but it is cleaned 3 times a day. Morning, afternoon and evening. Its is up to customers to clean after themselves too however...2 for facilities, cant say that is fair, reading, tv, common room, free WIFI/internet/breakfast...

Big cheers to guys behind Desk proper irish lads they were very helpfull Girls were talking about ya all the way to airport 👌 hope u enjoy ur rose wine and bottle of cider 😂 Ps she really want ur phone number Lad !!! Cheers

I've stayed in several hostels in Dublin in the past few months and this one has been my favorite! Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean facilities, and very quiet unlike other hostels I've been to. It's a perfect location to both get to Temple Bar and not be able to hear Temple Bar when you're trying to go to sleep. Loved it!

• 1st Mar 2015

Actually I'm really Astonished about how much good reviews this hostel have. Probably most of them never went to another hostels in the world. Pros: - Great location Cons: - No power plugs for everyone in the rooms. - No private light. - The guy of the walking tour is great but probably you will go alone like me (almost everyone lives here, they are not travelers). - They have a big problem with privacy in the showers. - Staff is not that great neither the bunk beds.

We loved our stay at Four Courts! The guys at the reception desk were great and provided us with lots of recommendations (and also with an umbrella and a hot water bottle - thanks again!!). When we come back to Dublin, we'll definitely stay there again. :)

I was in Dublin for the weekend with my brother and this is the first time i have ever stayed in a hostel, my brother having stayed in loads recommended this place and I was delighted to find out upon arrival that we were upgraded from a 6 bed mixed to a two bed private dorm, staff were very friendly and easy to get along with.... yap would defo recommend this place for anyone coming to Dublin...

• 21st Feb 2015

Great location, staff, and breakfast was nice as well! Just bring a padlock to lock up your stuff.

• 20th Feb 2015

The staff were very helpful and the whole hostel seemed quite clean! I felt safe and enjoyed their breakfast.

• 20th Feb 2015

Even though it is not located in the heart of Dublin, but the location is considered good for a traveller. The toilets and showers are so clean, clean hallways. There is an elevator- so you don't have to hassle bringing your luggages. Sometimes, there is no wifi in my room at 3rd floor.

• Malaysia

I found this hostel experience different from any other I have had,in that the people I was sharing a room with were not travellers, but people who were working in Dublin and living at the hostel. They had no interest in mixing with people who were just staying for a couple of nights and they used the space in the room to their advantage, not for the benefit of all. The hostel staff were lovely and the facilities were fine. The hostel's location allowed you to walk everywhere.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi there, We do have some regular guests here which add to the overall vibe to the hostel, but haveing over 200 other, travellers, backpackers etc should be enought to help mix once outside the rooms. We have a kitchen, common room, reading room, tv/cinema room and much more space where people can mingle, chill and chat....But cheers for staying and thanks for the feed back, all the best, S

Did a job for us (a group of 10 ) who were over to watch the rugby. hostel was close to temple bar district and although we spent very little time in the hostel would thoroughly reccomend.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Amazingly friendly staff- very helpful! Price was great for the location and facilities. Would definitely stay again!

• 7th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, facillities and location

• 7th Feb 2015

Good stuff :) Happy to have you and we'll see you next time round!

Really friendly and helpful staff! Quite clean considering the high volume of people living there. Easy to find transportation to and from the hostel. The nightly fee was a little high in my opinion, but Dublin is an expensive city so I guess it wasn't bad compared to the competitors.

In one word-GREAT

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Enough about yourself, tell them about the hostel! Oh...wait... thank you!

Amazing place to stay!!! Great facilities ( kitchen and fridge, very important if u dont want to spend lots of money eating outside) staff is nice, friendly and always there to help u, location is perfect just near the city centre.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Staff and everything is exceptional, big thumbs up, you respect the rules and them and they will respect you back.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Nice staff, friendly atmosphere. Clean, spacious interior. Great place to stay. :)