Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The only thing I didn't like was that the showers for boys and girls weren't seperated. The showers were uncovered in the bathroom.

For a hostel in that price range it was good. The staff were very helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It's a really nice place to stay, I can't find a thing to say against it.

• 1st Jun 2015

We had a roommate that appeared about midnight after clearly a night of heavy drinking. He flopped on his bunk and immediately commenced to snore at an intensity that kept the other three in the room awake all night, despite wearing earplugs! My wife became sick to her stomach about 2 AM and spent most of the night heaving. I approached the front desk at 8 AM to advise them that we had to move and would not be staying the remaining two nights we had paid for. We were refunded one partial night.

• 30th May 2015

Very good hostel - great value for money, would stay again.

Good place stay for a couple of days..free breakfast and wifi..would recommend..

Great location and great service. The wifi worked well the entire time. The bathrooms were okay but i really think that in order to get an excellent rating, it needs to be very clean.

• 29th May 2015

I had a 12-bed room connected with another 12-bedroom therefore was sharing the bathroom with 23 people. On my first night there, I slept close to the door and could hear it being slammed countless times in the morning. If you're willing to put up with this kind of thing... Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful (even let me change beds) and location is pretty good (central but not so busy)

This was a really nice hostel, with lots of cool spaces to hangout in. It had cool decor and was spacious which were really nice amenities. We had a difficult time getting to use our bathroom due to the amount of people using it and other guests being disrespectful of the space (throwing up in the sinks) but on a whole, what the hostel was responsible for was great!

Overall a good hostel, however we were not expecting be average age of the backpackers to be over 40. This was very disconcerting to two girls as the old men changed right in our room, groups of bikers took over the hallways and entire families took up large areas of the dorm room. We had hoped for a hostel where we could meet people with whom to go out at night however there was no way that we were going to go out with any of these groups of older adults. The breakfast bar was great though.

• 25th May 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Bright, spacious, and friendly. Rooms were clean and staff was nice. I went back at the end of my vacation to stay an additional two nights.

For a quick stop over to lay down this was very good. I would stay here again.

• 24th May 2015

I had the flattest pillow that my blanket was thicker. It was awful. The internet connection is spotty in the rooms. The breakfast was meager. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was small and cramped.

The front desk staff were AWESOME! Super friendly and they gave us great advice on things to do/places to eat. I only gave a "good" instead of an "excellent" because the cleaning staff were quite rude. My friend and I went out one night and slept in the next day only to wake up to the cleaning staff talking loudly in our room. One lady even threw old bed sheets on my sleeping friend, when she was re-making it. Aside from this, everything was great!!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Kel_2the_Nel

This hostel is great- big, friendly, clean, helpful staff and free breakfast.

• 22nd May 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel. the staff was very friendly, the room quiet and the breakfast delicious. it's a very good place to stay:-)

• 21st May 2015

Everything just didnt seem clean. From the bathroom to the shower to the room.... staff was amazing however and they had a good kitchen and dining room;

It's increodnly hard to get more than a few hours of sleep. Party hostel to the max.

Great location on the water near the center of Dublin, staff was very helpful and nice whenever I needed information. Bedooms and restrooms were clean. People complain about the breakfast but hey for the price your paying any free breakfast is a bonus.

The staff was very friendly!! Always open to chat and give advice.