Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Staff was very friendly and helpful!

Loved it. A great place for a big hostel. Everything needed at the hostel and near most things.

I stayed in two different hostels during my stay in Dublin. The four courts is everything you need and you expect. That is from my personal experience. But anyhow, you will not regret staying at four courts hostel!

Each hostel is different and offer a different vibe and energy as do the guests that enter them. That's the beauty of hostels. Our location is great for The Guinness storehouse,Jameson whiskey distillery, Christchurch, Viking Museum, Zoo, Brazen head-oldest pub in Ireland and Temple bar all within our radius, and with a great river view. Our staff give honest advice based on thier own experiences, it depends on the individuals after that to take from it what they want. Glad you enjoyed your stay

I stayed in a 16 bed dorm. I thought two showers and two toilets would be too little for the amount of people, but surprisingly they were empty most of the time, except the morning and the evening 'rush' hour. There was also extra toilet and shower in the big hall for those who like more privacy. All was clean. Locker under bed is great, I picked this hostel cause in some others they charge it. There is a big common area, however most people were on their laptops/phones. Still, I'd recommend.

ended up staying here an extra 3 nights. staff are excellent and it's a big hostel that still retains a smaller hostel feel. pub crawl great meeting place for solo travellers.

Not the best location, but not too far from the Temple district. Stayed in a Twin Room - tiny beds (probably children's' beds), noisy (there was a loud air con unit running full blast at the opposite window. It had a well used look about it and could probably do with a make over. Will most likely stay elsewhere next time - this hostel was satisfactory and served it's purpose well... but.

Bit of a weird vibe from the other travellers. Friendly staff though for the most part.

Really nice fun place. Definitely worth it

• 27th Jul 2014

The location is perfect, the staff is very friendly and welcoming, they include the breakfast!! (something we didn't know and it was a wonderful surprise :P ) The rooms are very clean and each one has an en-suite toilet with a shower, which is very handy to avoid walking wrapped in your towel all around the hostel hahaha.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Spain

My room (6 bed only woman) was big and confortable, with a case for locking your bagage and a clean bathroom inside. Room was in a 3rd floor with elevator (lovely view of the Four Courts and the river right through the window). Not many electric plugs in the room and Wi-Fi signal was weak, but worked. Great common areas with lots of facilities (pool, computers, TV, big tables, kitchen, etc). Breakfast was good. 7-10 minutes walk to the center. I'd come back.

Good place to stay in Dublin. Close to all important places. Very kind and helpfull staff

Excellent location, only 10 min away from centre and Houston station. Friendly staff and very cheap! For this price there is not much complains.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

That's the spirit.

Excellent location and security. The breakfast gets too crowded and it's difficult to find a table or even walk. The rooms and beds are in good shape. The staff is helpful and they are always there.

The bathroom had a permanent puddle from the shower that was not pleasant. The beds were unpleasantly hard and pre-body shaped with the flattest pillows. The reception was very helpful with information and while the kitchen seemed large it was hard to get in with the massive amount of use. The location is lovely, quiet from not being in Temple Bar but close enough to everything for walking to easily. The instructions for getting to the hostel very well detailed and easy to use!

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was a tad hot but who expects such beautiful weather in Ireland. Great hostel!

• 20th Jul 2014

great, totally recommend it. the people were really nice and the room was perfect. the value for money too

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

There was a bloodstain on one of the shower curtains.

Unfortunately nothing was mentioned by any guests or staff. If we had been notified at the time we would have checked and removed it. Once I read this I checked the shower curtain but as they are washed regularly the current ones would not have been there during you stay. The shower curtains are only in the largest dorms and are used by many guests throughout the day. Because of this they are checked regularly and any damage would not have been there for a prolonged time.

Our group had an awesome time at the Four Courts Hostel. We booked a complete room for just our group and it was pretty nice. The staff was extremely friendly and the hostel was a short walk away from a lot of pubs that we loved. Also, the pub crawl and walking tour they offered were a lot of fun. Our group would definitely stay there again if we ever find ourselves back in Dublin!

• 17th Jul 2014

The friend I'm traveling with and I loved four courts. The staff were so much fun and because of them we truly miss Dublin. The dorms had lots of room and the common room had lots of places to charge electronics. Unfortunately, not every bed had a place to charge electronics and the breakfast wasn't great. If you're looking for awesome staff and a great way of meeting travellers than this is for you!!! (You can also book tours at the desk.. They make it super easy!!)

I stayed here for 6 nights, and the staff was very accommodating, finding a place for me when my stay at the hostel was up. They were all very eager to help with questions. There were so many people coming in and out which made it exciting but also harder to meet people. I liked the location as it was a just outside of all the hustle and bustle but a couple of minutes walk from it.