Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

HOSTEL LOCATED IN PERFECT PLACE FOR TOURING DUBLIN. WE WALKED TO EVERYTHING WE WANTED TO SEE.

The staff was really kind and the hostel is great for the backpackers.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

It is one of the best hostels that I booked at eurotrip (1 month, 5 countries and 8 cities)

Staying anywhere on a Saturday was going to be a little pricey, so we tried to go as cheap as possible. It was fine for the night but we didn't spend more than a few hours in the room sleeping. Also couldn't get the wifi to work. But the guys at the front desk were helpful. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed in but also not the worst.

Right-io, a cheap and cheerful(ish) review. We've had better/we've had worse. As far a reviews go I'll give it a 7- 'RateMyReview.com'

Right down the street , within walking distance , to Temple Bar . That's all you need to know .

Had a great time in Dublin on a hen do! The hostel was in a superb location for this, the only complaint was that the girls would have liked a full length mirror whilst getting ready!! Staff were brilliant no matter what time you crawled in! Will definitely use 'four courts' again.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Wales

Stayed in a twin private room - en suite toilet and shower with shower just down the hall. Chill out rooms downstairs are nice to have too - there were only two of us but can imagine this being excellent for bigger groups.

• 1st Mar 2014

I was very happy to stay in a private room with my friends and thought it was a good price for a private room! The breakfast could've been better and had more options-even little things like peanut butter would've made it much better. One of the computers had very slow internet which was frustrating. But otherwise I had a fantastic experience and thought it was definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in.

• 28th Feb 2014

Location is wonderful, and the place feels safe. Free PC access is nice. The other facilities were mostly ordinary. The rooms get HOT even though it was February when I came. Like others, I couldn't find enough sockets, even when checking behind beds. The shower is push-activated (no problem), but the timings are off so that I had to press button every 5 seconds (I timed to be sure), making showering arduous. 5 euro deposit on towel rental on top of 2 euro fee is RIDICULOUS

Cool hostel! I had a great time in Dublin. The hostel was Ok for me, cheap, the staff was amazing and helped me with the tour bookings and the activities in Dublin. I was here 3 nights and I met a lot of awesome people, I had a lot of fun with them. If you stay here, you will enjoy it.

The stay was worth the money for a hostel and the staff was helpful and friendly. They organised the pub crawl which was very fun. Just go on like this!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Best stay in Dublin so far and will definatly book again for our next trip and couldnt have asked for better location for easy access to best attractions and luas for going bit furthur.

Really friendly staff. We booked only 1 night, but we had a problem and arrived the day before, and they were very helpful and arranged an extra night. Cons: Very few and small bathrooms shared with a lot of people. In some dorms you had to go through another dorm so you can go to the bathroom. Also, they have just a curtain for the showers, and was in mixed dorms, so is a little uncomfortable for girls to shower there (you can go to a private bathroom, but was in use most of the time).

the stay was pleasant. thanks for the treatment we received. adieu

• Spain

I gave security average as there was no more locks available, but aside of that it seemed secure enough. There was also only one socket in room so charging your phone overnight is not quite an option. There are many sockets down in eating area.

• Croatia

Very good hostel. Just across the river from the Four Courts.

Had a wonderful stay and all the staff where super friendly and helpful

• 7th Feb 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very good location. The beds were a bit short and the rooms are certainly not meant for a couple's getaway, but for people looking for basic comfort without any extras will find it to be a pleasant stay.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

For £13 a night in a dorm in the middle of Dublin it's great for one night but I wouldn't want to spend any longer. The washrooms could really do with an update. Not many plugs for charging in the rooms. Close to Temple Bar and toast and tea for breakfast included.

This place was great, with a more than helpful staff who go out of their way to let you know what to go and see. A very cool group. But 2 showers between 36 people is a pretty dumb idea. Also, the showers are extremely small with only a curtain stopping you from wetting everyone who is crammed up next to you trying to brush their teeth or wash their hands. The kitchen, movie room and everything is so great though and worth putting up with the shower situation.