Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

One of the main reasons I stay in hostels is to meet people, but the majority of the individuals staying at Four Courts are long term residents there so they were not willing to socialize with us or even acknowledge our presence. I really enjoyed the hostel facilities and staff, but I was very disappointed in the poor atmosphere of the hostel.

• 25th Nov 2015

You get what you expect. Good Hostel with nice Staff.

I came here in 2001 and I decided to come back recalling the nice experience: everything confirmed :)

• 20th Nov 2015

Conveniently located and reasonably priced hideout. Nice staff. Shower room a bit open space but didn't bother.

This was our second time at four courts hostel and we loved it just as much this time as we did last time. The location is really great, the rooms are clean and spacious, and the staff is helpful and kind. We definitely recommend!

Maybe think about providing each room with a hair-dryer and extra blankets in winter.

• 16th Nov 2015

good hostel, great position, absolutely safe. Private bathroom is outside the bedroom

• 13th Nov 2015

Generally it was a fine hostel. Yet the (bunk)beds and escpeccially the matrasses need an update! The beds are squeeky and unstable, and the matrass was so old the middle part was almost non-existent. The bathrooms could also use some soundproofing. I don't enjoy listening to everything that happens on the toilet while I'm trying to sleep.

Good hostel. Close to most of the things-to-do in Dublin. Clean bathrooms and comfortable mattress. For security, the rooms had key-card access, you had to buzz to get into the building, and they gave out pieces of paper every day that you have to show upon entering the building. Free breakfast was toast with jam and cereal one morning, and just toast the next.

The hostel was what is to be expected for being a cheap place to spend the night. It included more than the bare minimum (there was a decent shower and free breakfast provided). However, it was by no stretch of the imagination fancy. We did not have wifi connection in our room, but our room was located right next to the lounge where internet connection was good.

15 minute walk from temple bar. I usually stay right in temple bar so it was a bit of a walk sometimes. Really good value, amazing staff and such a lovely building with a nice shared area. I think because it is that but further from the Main Street they can afford to have a nicer building and nicer staff as it is not too busy.

• 7th Nov 2015

People screaming and singing in the corridor, until 3AM. This was a nightmare. Besides that, the hostel is good on overall. The bathrooms were not really clean, but still acceptable.

Lots of people staying there long term which made for an almost non-existent atmosphere as the long termers were not interested in meeting new people.

• 6th Nov 2015

Good but not enough toilets and showers.

Room had English style split faucet (one hot one cold) and the taps and showers were push-button (like in public bathrooms where it only gives you 5 seconds of water) but otherwise everything was great.

Its good, we took a 4 sharing with private bathroom. Everything was good except the lighting in the room. Only 1 light for the whole room is low which makes not so comfortable in the room.

Cheers for your feedback. We have a look into the lighting of your room :)

Really enjoyed my stay, except from that there hasn't been milk one morning for breakfast.. The beds were shaking to much!!

• 2nd Nov 2015

Danke fuer dein Feedback :) The milk problem got sorted, the delivery man was stuck in traffic that morning. Sorry for any inconvenience caused ;)

The staff were very kind and helpful. The facility was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• 1st Nov 2015

Thank you for your nice review. We wish you all the best on your travels :)

As it was Halloween, the noise from the streets came through and interrupted our sleep. There needs to be more plug points.

Staff was great, but the whole place smells like cigarette smoke since they allow people to smoke in the stairwell right outside the common room. It goes up the stairways and I could smell it from my hallway up on the second floor.