Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Nothing worked o in this hostel for me, i would recommend to buy first of all new pots in fact when i was cooking my food got always burned and badly cooked, receptionist not well trained, as they dont even know hostel policy and rules. I would never go there anymore and obviously i will not spend a good advice to go there for people who go to dublin. 19th century kitchen closes at 2 pm during lunchtime and 11 pm in the night..that is a joke and is absolutely ridicolous

• 23rd Jan 2015

It isn't fair to blame our excellent kitchen for your lack of culinary skillz. One of our fellow Italian residents is in the process of writing a Four Courts Hostel Cookbook - we'll send you a free copy, if you'd like! Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here. Happy travels!

I stayed at the hostel for some days. It was very nice, the staff was cool! Keep up that good work!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Austria

You're cool! See you next time buddy. Keep up the good reviews!

Four Courts was a great place to stay. Such great atmosphere with friendly staff, it made being away from home easy. I stayed in a 6 person room and never felt like my belongings would be taken, and the lockers under the beds were more than enough to store valuables. For the most part showers were warm/hot, with the occasional cold bit in the middle, but nothing to complain about. Was also in a great part of the city.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the future! (Be it near or distant; we'll still be here. We're not gonna let the robots take over!)

The cleanest hostel i've ever stayed in :)

Glad you agree. :) Have fun on all your travels and we'd love to see you again!

The staff were great - over two nights we met three different members, very friendly, willing to help, and coordinate cabs. Twin ensuite was big enough for two. 6 bed mixed may be an issue if there is a lot of luggage, storage was available and monitored via cctv as well as under bed lockers. Wifi was hit or miss, computers available. Breakfast was good. Common areas were sufficient for large groups. Proximity to a homeless shelter...loud/sketch at night but doors unlock from inside only.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I was there during off-season so it wasn't too bad but this hostel is very popular. expect a lot of people staying in the hostel. some door key card did not work.

enjoyed the stay

The hostel is very easy to find, close to Temple Bar, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is missing a bit of personality though, only the common rooms have some kind of decorations, corridors, staircases and rooms are bland. The only thing that surprised me was he lack of of proper private shower cabins. In our 12beds room we had a bathroom with two showers that had only curtains. But overall, very good value for money, and does the job of giving people a place to sleep and chill out.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Reading/movie room as well as the big dining hall are great, but it would be good to have more seats available in the reading room. In the 12 bed dorm, the air was extremely bad and I couldn't open the windows. Our dorm's rest rooms were pretty dirty and I had problems with the wifi from time to time. One of the staff members gave me a bad description of a whereabout so that I missed my bus. Location is good, but Merchants Quay Ireland is next to it ...

I loved it. Great staff, excellent location, and they were flexible about me changing my booking. Only thing that could be improved would be the soap containers being full in the toilets around the place.

We really enjoyed our stay at The Four Courts! The staff were super friend and helpful (even to some probably very annoying drunk girls!! Haha). The room was a good size and the beds were comfy! Also the atmosphere in the common room was great, filled with truly lovely people. When I come to Dublin I will definitely stay here and recommend to all!! :-)

Lovely budget hostel. Will use again

• 31st Dec 2014

I normally stay here the night before an early flight or the like and feel that the hostel offers a good balance of facilities and location. Ask at the front desk for transport options to the airport/ferry if required as they are quite well connected throughout the 24 hour day. The breakfast is satisfactory and the staff have typically been friendly and understanding. However, if possible ask in advance for a quiet dark room should you value your rest, although this is usually not an issue here.

The staff was the beat part!! Super nice, friendly and more than willing to give some great suggestions. The place had great atmosphere and we immensely enjoyed our time there. Would definitely stay there again!!

• 30th Dec 2014

Awesome place with awesome staff. Very recommended!!

Curtains on the bunks for more privacy would be nice. Also, less squeaky beds.

Lovely Staff! comfy beds.

• 18th Dec 2014

This hostel is absolutely amazing and I am definitely going to be staying there again!! I'd recommend it to anyone... Everyone that works there I lovely the atmosphere us brilliant and my friend and I stayed up for hours chatting to othe people staying there! Great hostel and had a fantastic, stress free evening because of it!!:)

• 17th Dec 2014

Friendly Staff, Great Location,Clean rooms, storage under beds for items, All around a great place and will be back

• 15th Dec 2014

Four Courts is located right on the river and is easy to find. The staff is amazing, so helpful and understanding. If you have any issues, let them know and they'll do their best to help you. Overall good experience. Our room and bathroom was a bit messy, but the staff had their staff Christmas party the night before, so we were warned cleaning wouldn't occur until later that afternoon. Everyone in our room was very nice and friendly.