Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

a very good place with nice people and staff

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was helpful and really nice to talk to. Breakfast was decent and it was enough for a good start in the morning. I didn't cook much but having an open kitchen to do some cooking is really nice. The luggage cages in the rooms need to be refitted so that they fit all lock types! A standard combination lock did not fit on there which made me a bit concerned about my personal belonggings safety. Besides all that, really chill place in a great location in Dublin.

It is very well located and easy to find. The staff is great, and very gentle. Also I could breath a good atmosphere in there. Unfortunately I could stay only one night, but that' s definitely a place I'd go back if I ever go to Dublin again!

We needed to stay in a hostel for one night before we left for London. As soon as you enter it is a completely social environment- the staff was great and the common room was awesome. The entire place is full of charm and the rooms were clean. We didn't use the shower but the bathroom was a good size and looked and smelled clean! It's location is right near water and gives a great view as soon as you walk out. It is a quick walk to everything as well!

Very diverse group of people staying. A lot of older men living there.

Lovely place, lots of community space so you always find room to chill out in. The pillows are the thinnest I've ever seen though.

Friendly staff, close to the main attractions, easy to get from/to the airport by getting the bus. Highly recommended!

• 6th Jun 2015

The lockboxes were excellent. I was able to fit my entire pack in it! Remember to bring your own lock.

• 6th Jun 2015

We only stayed for two nights on a quick stopover in Dublin but wish we could've stayed at Four Courts for longer! The staff were great with restaurant and activity suggestions and eager to help with booking taxis or giving directions. Definitely one to stay at next time we're in Dublin!

The only thing I didn't like was that the showers for boys and girls weren't seperated. The showers were uncovered in the bathroom.

For a hostel in that price range it was good. The staff were very helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It's a really nice place to stay, I can't find a thing to say against it.

• 1st Jun 2015

We had a roommate that appeared about midnight after clearly a night of heavy drinking. He flopped on his bunk and immediately commenced to snore at an intensity that kept the other three in the room awake all night, despite wearing earplugs! My wife became sick to her stomach about 2 AM and spent most of the night heaving. I approached the front desk at 8 AM to advise them that we had to move and would not be staying the remaining two nights we had paid for. We were refunded one partial night.

• 30th May 2015

Very good hostel - great value for money, would stay again.

Good place stay for a couple of days..free breakfast and wifi..would recommend..

Great location and great service. The wifi worked well the entire time. The bathrooms were okay but i really think that in order to get an excellent rating, it needs to be very clean.

• 29th May 2015

I had a 12-bed room connected with another 12-bedroom therefore was sharing the bathroom with 23 people. On my first night there, I slept close to the door and could hear it being slammed countless times in the morning. If you're willing to put up with this kind of thing... Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful (even let me change beds) and location is pretty good (central but not so busy)

This was a really nice hostel, with lots of cool spaces to hangout in. It had cool decor and was spacious which were really nice amenities. We had a difficult time getting to use our bathroom due to the amount of people using it and other guests being disrespectful of the space (throwing up in the sinks) but on a whole, what the hostel was responsible for was great!

Overall a good hostel, however we were not expecting be average age of the backpackers to be over 40. This was very disconcerting to two girls as the old men changed right in our room, groups of bikers took over the hallways and entire families took up large areas of the dorm room. We had hoped for a hostel where we could meet people with whom to go out at night however there was no way that we were going to go out with any of these groups of older adults. The breakfast bar was great though.

• 25th May 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Bright, spacious, and friendly. Rooms were clean and staff was nice. I went back at the end of my vacation to stay an additional two nights.