Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

I loved it. Great staff, excellent location, and they were flexible about me changing my booking. Only thing that could be improved would be the soap containers being full in the toilets around the place.

We really enjoyed our stay at The Four Courts! The staff were super friend and helpful (even to some probably very annoying drunk girls!! Haha). The room was a good size and the beds were comfy! Also the atmosphere in the common room was great, filled with truly lovely people. When I come to Dublin I will definitely stay here and recommend to all!! :-)

Lovely budget hostel. Will use again

• 31st Dec 2014

I normally stay here the night before an early flight or the like and feel that the hostel offers a good balance of facilities and location. Ask at the front desk for transport options to the airport/ferry if required as they are quite well connected throughout the 24 hour day. The breakfast is satisfactory and the staff have typically been friendly and understanding. However, if possible ask in advance for a quiet dark room should you value your rest, although this is usually not an issue here.

The staff was the beat part!! Super nice, friendly and more than willing to give some great suggestions. The place had great atmosphere and we immensely enjoyed our time there. Would definitely stay there again!!

• 30th Dec 2014

Awesome place with awesome staff. Very recommended!!

Curtains on the bunks for more privacy would be nice. Also, less squeaky beds.

Lovely Staff! comfy beds.

• 18th Dec 2014

This hostel is absolutely amazing and I am definitely going to be staying there again!! I'd recommend it to anyone... Everyone that works there I lovely the atmosphere us brilliant and my friend and I stayed up for hours chatting to othe people staying there! Great hostel and had a fantastic, stress free evening because of it!!:)

• 17th Dec 2014

Friendly Staff, Great Location,Clean rooms, storage under beds for items, All around a great place and will be back

• 15th Dec 2014

Four Courts is located right on the river and is easy to find. The staff is amazing, so helpful and understanding. If you have any issues, let them know and they'll do their best to help you. Overall good experience. Our room and bathroom was a bit messy, but the staff had their staff Christmas party the night before, so we were warned cleaning wouldn't occur until later that afternoon. Everyone in our room was very nice and friendly.

Four Courts was my first hostel experience and overall pleasant! It's a decent location and the staff was super helpful with giving us directions and reccommending places to go. I stayed in the 12 female dorm and the bathrooms were clean for the most part and the shower was warm. Loved Dublin and would probably return and stay at Four Courts again!

• 12th Dec 2014

We were very surprised to dislike this hostel as much as we did after reading the previous reviews. The staff weren't very friendly or helpful, and the hostel lacked any real atmosphere with most travellers older and keeping to themselves. We were in a 16bed dorm and shared two showers with another 10bed dorm. This would've been fine if the showers didn't overflow with each use. Overall we were highly disappointed and couldn't wait to leave.

I put the things I liked in the Recommend this place section. The lockers: THEY'RE NOISY. They could use some lube or repair. I think the hostel would benefit from a better, CLEARLY MARKED, SET ASIDE section for FREE & FOR EVERYONE TO USE so others who are not having much money can eat by putting a few things together... and those who are leaving can feel good knowing they contributed to making someone's stay nicer.

I stayed two nights in a mixed 16 people. Perfect location, near the main spots! Clean, with good shower pressure and temperature, helpfull staff... I recommend

• Portugal

The room are fine, the breakfast is included and the location is great. Nevertheless, someone pee on my clothes and a little bit on the duvet during the night and the staff don't even offer me to change of bed, wash my clothes or to repay the night. Apart from this incident, it's a good place.

• 5th Dec 2014

The staff is absolutely amazing!

• 5th Dec 2014

We stayed last weekend and we will be staying again next weekend. No better place to stay if you're using the train station to get out of Dublin then flying out from Dublin. Great atmosphere and awesome kitchen, though people need to learn how to do their own dishes.

Everything alright, really friendly staff, excellent security. My phone couldn't get the wifi, but I was staying on the 3rd floor and anyway the computers in the hall functioned well and for free. I was disappointed just for the breakfast, which I found really poor.

The location is perfect, just 5 minutes by walk to Temple Bar. From this hostel you can go anywhere you want by walk, so you don't need to spend money on public transportation to reach the main attractions in the city. We had a family room, which was very clean and correct for the price we paid. The only thing I would improve is Wi-Fi, because the connection is poor. Don't expect luxury, but if you want to stay in Dublin for a cheap price, this is one of the best choices you can make.

• 4th Dec 2014