Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Not enough electrical sockets in rooms (2 sockets in 6p room); no cabinets; small rooms; possible to lock your laguage in a crate, metal box; nice common room; great location

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Poland

There are 6 sockets (at least) in the 6 bed rooms. They are at the same level as the mattress of the lower bunks which is a bit daft I do admit and you obviously did not notice them. A little investigation or perhaps asking the reception or fellow roommates may have sorted this out for you whilst you were here. If that sounds too old school, we are in the process of developing an App that will help modern guests find room sockets. Four Courts Hostel, clumsily placed sockets but a heart of gold.

The hostel is in a good position since Dublin is a small town, you can reach almost everything by walking. You have to fit yourself to the hostel enviroment, as in every other hostel. Common spaces are often full of guests, as everyone needs internet or wants to rest in the tv room. Good place to meet other travelers. Maybe some people from the staff need to chill out. Most of the receptionists are good guys. There is no internet in the bedrooms, and where it works, it's very slow.

Got to the hostel from DUB via Airlink for €.6. Recommend getting the Freedom Adult pass (€28.00) at airport. The hostel was great and easy to find from bus route. Rooms were average, they had cage/lockers underneath the bed so bring a skinny lock, ensuite bathrooms are small but works, Internet is only on ground floor - wish they had it in rooms. Walking distance to Temple Bar, etc. Staff were super nice, answered any question, offer free walking tour, booked early shuttle back to DUB.

I only stayed one night ( 13th January ) in a private room but it was a 4 bed dorm but just me there. The room had an ensuite which I feel needs a bit of TLC however it was clean. My bed was very comfy and the room was nice and warm. A kettle , tea and coffee and milk were provided which I thought was a nice touch! Big hostel with plenty of room and space...cosy areas to go and chill out or watch dvds. The location great and 10 minute walk to Temple bar area and 5 minute walk to The Brazen Head.

This was my second stay at Four Courts and this time I brought my 20 year-old daughter. We love the location, ammenities and value. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Decent hostel for Dublin.

Staff are excellent, tv room is great, overall I would recommend it

Great staff great location would highly recommend!!!

If you are a student wondering if this is a good idea or not, it is. I was really nervous about staying in a hostel, but this felt really normal, a lot like a college dorm, actually. A+

• 2nd Jan 2014

Stayed here for New Years. Had an amazing time! Staff were very helpful and happy to point us in the direction of the fun :)

• 31st Dec 2013

Was there for NYE, excellent location, friendly staff, awesome stay!

The staff were very nice and helpful!! The bathrooms could have been cleaner but it is a very cheap hostel and was a good value for what you pay.

It was true what others said in previous reviews, the staff is great! They take the time to help you find your way around the city. They also offer a "free" guided tour of the city, which is really great especially if your interested in history.

Good hostel near the pubs in Dublin. The building is old but was also adding some extra atmosphere. The persons behind the reception were really friendly. Wireless is only available on the ground floor and there is a nice area were you can watch television or a DVD with other persons. There were three computers available which were slow but fast enough to just look something up or else you can still use a mobile phone and connect that one to the wireless.

• 30th Dec 2013

I stayed in 106 or 105 i think.Took ages to get into room with key.Internet could be cheaper.There seems to be sometimes problems find peoples bookings.The washing facility was broken at time also though sometimes this happens.

Full house New Years Eve yet I am unaware of any problems arising with guests bookings and everyone was well looked after. Regarding our washing machine facilities: Machine is fine, the local council had switched off the areas water for essential maintenance so we had no control over that. They sorted it as quickly as they could. Showers were unaffected as we have a huge storage tank. Internet is Free, cant get any cheaper..and it's e-fibre 150mb super speed! Happy New Year.

People of the hostel are like warm and make u feel like home... The always try to help you... I completly recommend it...

Top friendly staff went out of their way to look after us. Nice of the lad on the desk on Friday night to sort my old man a cuppa before he went to bed.

• 13th Dec 2013

Great value for money, helpful staff gave us good information about the city. Would stay there again!

We stayed four nights in the four courts with a group of four (wow, so much fours) an we've been there for vacation. Great place, clean, friendly staff, great shower - and you have just 5-10 minutes to Temple Bar and O'Connol Street.

Staff was super nice, and responsive to any requests as best as they could. In room toilet/shower was not very clean in our 8 person room, but it didn't help that one roommate was puking in there for the better part of an hour on our last night. Other "public" showers and toilets came in handy. These seemed more clean, except for some visible mold in one of the two showers which I used. Be prepared for some sleep interruption, especially on weekend nights. Non-weekend - reasonably quiet.