Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

I stayed here with a friend I am travelling with in a twin share and absolutely loved it. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and well suited for a two share. Everything was a short walk from the hostel, especially Temple Bar region which is a visitor hotspot. I would return if I come back to Dublin!

• 14th Jul 2014

Wasn't on any transportation lines, but only 5-15 minutes away from all of them. Very large hostel, there were a few travel groups who dominated the lobby a bit while I was there. Meeting people was a bit hard. Breakfast ended a little early at 9:30. "Eco-friendly" showers required pushing a button every 20 seconds to keep on, but also got uncomfortably hot, no temperature control. Great place for groups, so-so for individuals.

We stayed here with 4 guys for in total 3 nights and the staff had been really nice and helpful to us. We could leave luggage for the time we went trekking in the wicklow mountains which was really helpful. A lot of space to relax, watch a film or jam on the hostel's guitar!

• 13th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Deliberately stayed in this hostel a second time as the first time was so good. Still great three years later.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

No wifi in the rooms made it a bit complicated, but had a good stay in overall! Breakfast could be better.

WI-Fi should work in the room but if not, the ground floor areas are all open 24 hours and WI-Fi and internet consoles are readily available. Our breakfast is a simple affair but better than a lot of breakfasts offered by our fellow Hostels. It is a light continental breakfast that is provided free!

' a nice well-situated hostel'.

This review was not meant for our hostel. Below is the email from the guest apologizing for the error: 'Hello! Sorry I left you that awful review on hostel world! It was a mistake. I meant to review another hostel. I emailed hostel world and I think they are going to take it down. So sorry! I had a great time at your hostel.' So guys, Please, please, be careful when reviewing any property as while we have the right to reply, this has been visible for 3 days so far which is a bit lousy.

We cooked only once in 4 days because the kitchen was in an almost unusable state, because people didn't clean up after themselves at all. There should be a way for the hostel to somehow get a grip on that... The twin private was alright and clean. Breakfast was only on for a very limited time (I think it was 7- 9.30?). I know hotels that offer breakfast until later then that, especially for a hostel in a city like Dublin, with bustling nightlife, it seems very odd to close breakfast at 9.30

At first I didn'find my bed. Secondly, when I figured out which was my bed, it hasn't been linened for me. I got there at 9pm and had to waut until 11pm to get the sheets. I believe 16 beds per room is to much. 6 is ok. With sixteen peiple sleeping in the same room, it gets more messy and dirty. There was a weird smell in there as well.

• 11th Jul 2014

Everybody is assigned a particular bed in their room. In this case another guest must have taken your bed either in error or on purpose (if so, shame on them).The staff on duty had to figure out who it was and clarify which bed was available to prevent any arguments late at night when the other guest returned. A certain amount of understanding is required when backpacking. If 16 beds are too much for you there are smaller rooms available for a few euro more, you are on holiday so treat yourself.

The Hostel is very good for the price you pay. The breakfast is fine, the rooms as well. Toilets not that good, but at least are clean. Location and staff are good as well. I would recommend

the hostel was very fine. everything.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Really enjoyed this hostel, great location and comfy beds

Great hostel in a central location, comfortable beds, big kitchen, and good wifi. Good place to meet people. Only complaint was the presence of several long time guests who kind of sucked the energy out of the place a bit.

Nice hostel with very helpful staff :)

This hostel may just be better suited for younger travelers. It seemed that most of the people staying there were 18-21 years old. It was not great for a 26 and 30 year old couple. The "free" barbecue is a lie. When asked about it, the front desk worker said that you "Go to a nearby bar, buy a drink and then get like a hamburger or something. It's definitely not gonna fill you up." The sanitary napkin garbages in the women's restrooms were not emptied in the three days that we were there.

Our hostel is for the young at heart regardless of physical age. The free bbq is on every Thursday in a nearby bar. We used to bring everybody up and we had great evenings. Of late, it has become too popular and crowded making it hard to get a beer and forming long ques for limited food. Whilst we still inform guests of its existence we no longer bring them up ourselves. We'll find an alternative. Regular bins are emptied every day, sanitary bins are maintained by an experienced private company.

Great place to stay. Have always made friends with other residents. Lovely staff. Good facilities. Best hostel in Dublin by far.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very good hostel with really informative and friendly staff. Only downside for me was no wifi in the room.

Great stay for one night; friendly and very helpful staff, clean room and bathroom, and a good location for a night out in Temple Bar!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Many Thanks, glad you had a good time.

Good hostel--central location, friendly staff, average amenities. Would stay here again!

Pretty average hostel. There were lots of large groups when I visited, so it was a bit hard to meet people. The hostel was clean, offered basic amenities and breakfast, decent rooms. Beds were so-so. There was lots of space in my 4-bed mixed room. It was pretty quiet in this hostel when I was trying to sleep too! Staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't go on the pub crawl but they helped me join the walking tour. It's in a decent location not too close nor far away from temple bar.

The staff were very nice very helpful. It was a very welcoming clean and warm hostel. We had a family room of four beds as a group of four girls their was plenty of space to get ready, The location was excellent it was very near temple bar but not so near that it was noisy, it was only a short luas journey from Houston station. Once again the staff were lovely which made all the difference. I would highly recommend it.

• 27th Jun 2014