Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Good points: location and friendly staff Bad points: 20 people sharing 2 showers and 2 toilettes. Very dirty bathrooms.

It s a very nice Hostel

I was in a bad situation and had nowhere to go... Thanks to the Four Courts Hostel staff, I felt better! They didn't know my situation but they cheered me up with their good mood, their smile and their humour! I enjoyed my last days in Dublin before going back to France, and that's definitely thanks to them!!

• 17th May 2014

I loved staying at Four Courts Hostel. It's clean, have a perfect location, free breakfast, cool atmosphere and the staff couldn't have been more fun and friendly. I totally recommend!

• 16th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Our 6-bed room was small but perfectly serviceable. Very good location - only a few minutes walk from Temple Bar.

Fantastic location with great staff. Little bit of mould in shared showers but en suite showers were lovely and clean. Atmosphere only marked down slightly due to the size of the hostel.

• 16th May 2014

Staff were very knowledgable and helpful.

Everything about this hostel is fantastic. The staff are great, the vibe is great, it's everything you want a friendly, fun hostel to be. Highly recommend it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in for cleanliness and facilities, and they had plenty of communal space for lounging. Location was out of Temple Bar, so not too loud.

Very nice & helpful staff, clean room as well as bathroom, breakfast for free – coffee included – nice! Would not have a problem to stay again. The only "complaint' might be the loft bed was a bit shaky so I go to used to that the first night :)

We booked a private room for 4. It was two bunk beds, one of them with a double bed down. Though we weren't using one of the bed, we asked on Saturday morning if a friend could pass the night in the room and how much will be. After a lot of non-sense questions kind of why he stay here? or I need to see him before I allow him to stay, speaking with some employers and then the owner, spending there 30 min the result was: He will have to pay 21€ as we paid each one for the room. So we said NO

• 9th May 2014
  • Spain

To explain, Hostels sell by bed not by room. You booked a room for 4 and you wanted to have a 5th person book in but not pay. It is the staffs job to ensure that all paid guests are comfortable and safe during their time with us. If your friend is not registered in our system and if he has not paid like all the other guests in-house then he would not be allowed stay. If he wanted to book in he would have to provide his passport and be in a coherent state. Otherwise it is us that would say no.

We loved everything about the place; room & bath clean and quiet; eating area clean and lively; computers available were used; appreciated ability to print my boarding pass; the locked luggage room, the elevator; TV room and great DVD selection; even used your library, and borrowed a book! Best of all was the STAFF. informative, engaging; knowledgeable -- and FUN! we will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN DUBLIN.

• 9th May 2014

One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. There was key card entry to the rooms and a steel container for you to lock your luggage into. I got upgraded for free from an 8 bed room to a 6 because the 8 bed room had all guys and they thought I'd be more comfortable this way. Very kind and much appreciated!!

Great hostel, lovely staff and just a 5 minute walk from temple bar. Thanks

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, even though I stayed just for 1 night. The location is great, it's within walking distance to where the shops are-- I ended up window shopping during the day. I came to dublin to see a show at vicar st, and this hostel was the closest. Best part of my stay was the power shower-- SO GOOD. And the water comes out warm straightaway. I'd come back just for the shower. xD

• 8th May 2014
  • Singapore

Great place to stay. Was really noisy from the people above us walking around and talking, you can here everything and the floors creaked really loudly, other than that it good.

• 7th May 2014

Great hostel very clean, with good staff and perfect location. Good breakfast. If I come back to Dublin, I will stay here, no doubt. Excellente auberge, vraiment propre, staff agréable et disponible, emplacement parfait à quelques minutes à pieds de Temple Bar. Buffet de petit déjeuner à volonté, possibilité d'utiliser la cuisine et le frigo pour se faire à manger. Clairement, si je reviens à Dublin, ce sera ici !

• 7th May 2014

This place does a clever thing, makes a big hostel feel like a small place, you don't feel like you are getting lost in a huge mass leviathan hostel like most big places I have experienced. Showers on annoying push buttons, decent variety for breakfast, comfortable beds, great location, plenty space. Just be warned though, they do accept toddlers (I'm happy with it, people at dinner table were grousing a lot) so if you aren't a fan of kids, it's not a place for you.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Will stay here again in the future .

it is a excellent hostel

• 5th May 2014