Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Very good hostal, loved the fact that they do your laundry themselves for a fee and that the wifi perfectly reached the rooms (unlike many hostels I've been too). Great location too.

Nice place to stay for a cheap night . Could do with a bit of a scrub. The staff were very helpful and friendly apart from the night guy who was very unhappy when having to open the door . :( . Might be a good idea to do something for the World Cup. Maby some flags or banners . Value for money 5/5 well done .

• 18th Jun 2014

Oh, is there football on? We show every world cup match in our common room and have listed all the times the games are on. There are a lot not in it, Czech, Poland, Sweden, Ireland...Spain and England (ahem). Not a fan myself, full of cheats, prima-donna's and ballerinas (Watch Rugby or Gaa and get back to me..).. if we were to flag up the place for that we would have to surely do the same for Wimbledon etc. Congrats to Holland on winning the world cup of Darts. Sun is shining by the way.

This was the third hostel I've stayed at in Dublin, and I found the kitchen to be pretty industrial. It also had a very odd atmosphere, with everyone just sitting around on their phones or laptops. Good location though, and the rooms and bathrooms were nice!

Thank you. The kitchen is great. Industrial means large and clean? I agree it is crazy to travel to new countries and sit in front of a screen all day. To combat the increasingly antisocial internet we have a Free walking tour leaving from the hostel every day and a glorious pub crawl every night. Get out there, mingle and call your first kid 'Four Courts'.

Overall, great hostel. Clean and in a good location. Staff was very friendly and helpful with everything from organizing day bus tours to calling a taxi. The atmosphere was the only downside - there was very little communal atmosphere and it was not the liveliest place. Not a big deal overall, however, as there are things like the pub crawl where you can meet people. Would stay again!

I was looking for a place were i could have fun but also sleep soundly and i found it!!! My room was on the 3erd floor and i never heard a thing during the night which is great after long days of running around. The staff were really helpful at all times and the facilities were always clean. They also have a shuttle service to the airport for 7 euros, which is great if you dont want to be hauling your bags all around dublin to catch a bus.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Our room window was just above the back door where smokers went, and we had to close the window in the evening and night because the smoke seemed to come right into our room.

• 16th Jun 2014

Good thing we moved the Barbeque.

Great location, friendly staff, but expect to only have wifi in the main lobbey, it does not work in your rooms, but they have computers available too.

• 14th Jun 2014

Wifi should be working upstairs but a guest took it upon himself to plug it out.... we've had him shot.

Four Courts Hostel was an absolutely fantastic place to stay.

• 13th Jun 2014

Excellent Security it felt very safe and it was also very relaxed with a pleasant atmosphere I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends the staff were very helpful and also very pleasant great value for money.

• 13th Jun 2014

Amazing experience ... But because of on the day of the change of the sheet I slept, they never change me the bed sheet in one months.

• 11th Jun 2014

A good hostel. A little bit big, so it's sometimes "cold", like a factory. But a very good location, clean. Our room were on the street, so a little beat noisy with all the cars.

• 9th Jun 2014

Great location. Lockers under the beds in the dorm was nice, and bed was alright. Not super clean but ok. Huge place, very eclectic. Best breakfast we had by far in any of the hostels we stayed in throughout Southern Ireland. Staff was ok but not nearly as friendly as some of the others we stayed in, and not entirely helpful, but ok.

Noise. The Windows are thin and walls are thin and the hostel location lends itself to a partying crowd. If you are a late night drinker, you'll be right at home. Of you want to sleep, find somewhere else.

• 7th Jun 2014

Oh the youth of today.... with their drinking and partying and fornication (possibly..maybe, who knows....) I blame the internet, no one reads anymore, Regardless it is unlikely a Friday night book club will ever catch on...until then party on amigos. We are staffed 24 hours and there are reception phones on each floor so if ever there is a problem reception will sort it out straight away. We want everyone to have a good time whilst respecting each others right to party/not party. Cheers.

Great place. Loved it. Ronan and the other staff were super helpful. Convenient location. Love Dublin.

We had a great time at Four Courts! It was super safe- to get in to the hostel you had to show a security pass and rooms were also very secure. It was a great location because it was very close to the Temple Bar area for a fun night out, but was also a few minutes walk away which made it a really pleasant area. This was one of the best hostels for socialization, as there are huge common room areas for everyone to hang out. Plus the staff was awesome and really helpful!

• 6th Jun 2014

I really like this hostel. It's big and clean, there's lockers behind the bed, the bathroom is clean and the shower is great! The staff is friendly. The only thing that disturb me it was the noise during the night, because the building is located at the main street, so there's a lot of car noise. But, I really recommend it!

Earplugs are available at the desk for light sleepers. Glad you had a good time and enjoy the rest of your travels.

The staff was amazing and very helpful, the location is really easy to find since it's right along the river. Luggage had a secure crate under the bed (remember to bring a lock!) met a few really awesome people too!

Nothing special nothing terrible. Dublin is very easy to walk around and the hostel was easy to get to.

• 4th Jun 2014

Sooooo to put a more positive spin on it.... Everything good... so cheers for that.

Extremely poor communication, a bed was sold to me despite the hostel already being full! No one takes accountability, I have requested for the non-existent manager Darren to get in contact but this has not been the case as I have now been waiting for two weeks. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • mevi_a

Nonsense. No bed was sold to you as you would not provide us with full credit card details. You dragged the emails out for two days by providing sporadic pieces of info. You provided the expiry date the day after your required stay ? You then booked yourself online for the wrong date which makes no sense. This was charged as a no show by the way. You did not stay with us so your ratings for facilities etc is redundant. You complicated the entire process and made a mess of it unnecessarily.

Staff are super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is average in most regards. The location is a bit of a walk from the main areas though they weren't necessarily all that far away. Breakfast ends super early though which I found to be inconvenient.

• 31st May 2014

Breakfast ends @ 9.30 which is standard in Dublin. It helps get people up and avoids late check outs @ 10:30am. Dublin is a city ideal for walking (there is no underground metro as everything is walking distance.). Our location is surrounded by all the cool stuff, Ireland's oldest pub, Christchurch and St. Patrick's cathedral, Jameson whiskey distillery, temple bar etc. Maybe we should start renting Sedgeways?...Are they still around? I haven't seen one in a long time.