Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

absolutely loved my short time there. best hostel i've been in.

I was in a private double room and it was small but it is enought compared with the price. There also was a mini-bathroom in my room.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wonderful hostel! Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. There should be more hostels like this one.

so this hostel wasn't for me for a number of reasons but I have to say the man and the girl at the front desk were awesome and lovely, breaky was good. The girls in my dorm were staying for ages so it was just crazy messy and I felt like an intruder although I was paying the same, I didn't like how there was no privacy when showering that was really strange but I probably should've found a different bathroom if there was one,didnt like the next dorm had to come into ours that was strange.

I stayed in 6 different hostels in Dublin in the past 2 years and the Four Courts is one of the best I've seen! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and clean, with a private bathroom included. The atmosphere is warm, even if the common areas are a bit too small. The location is great to my taste, close to the city center but away enough to avoid the noise.

the beds where really poor, and i still have neck pain because of the pillows

• 26th Oct 2014

Very good hostel in the city center of Dublin

Spacious, well maintained and run. The newer technology with the key card swipe makes life so much easyer and more secure than a key code or key.

• 25th Oct 2014

Friendly staff!

• 25th Oct 2014

Had a great stay. Lived in the 16 mixed bedroom for two nights. I would recommend this place for everyone. The breakfast was good and it had a good variation for a hostel. The staff was amazing and I recommend to take the day tour if you would like to know and see a little bit of Dubli n. The only thing bad was the lack of soap and the squeaky storage boxes under the beds.

Everything was great, staff was helpful and friendly.

I reccomend for long term rather than short term bookings in dorms. There is a catchy homely feel here that can catch you off guard and make you forget you checkout time! A wonderful place for group and bonding time with friends or colleagues.

• 17th Oct 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and had a 4 bed dorm to just ourselves meaning we also got an ensuite, which was really good of them. The only reason it is average for atmosphere is that there were big groups of spaniards who clearly already knew each other and didnt want to socialise, but this is nothing to do with the hostel folks, all in all a great place to base yourself!

Shower situation was abominable, washroom seems to have never been cleaned. Had personal belongings tampered with by other hostel stayers.

The large dorm on a weekend night will no doubt get busy and messy as your room mates prepare to go out for to party. The bathroom is small but because of this it is checked numerous times throughout the day. Personal items should not be left in the public shower space that other guests have to use. They may have thought your shampoo was left behind for use. There are also extra showers at the end of each corridor. You booked last minute, it is better to book earlier for a wider choice of rooms.

You won't fit in the bed if you're taller than 1.70 m.

• 11th Oct 2014

Staff is very helpful and welcoming! We stayed in a private room with its own bathroom and it was excellent - very clean and even had its own little tea station! It's also in the perfect location to be able to walk easily to all the main points of interest in Dublin.

The weekend was amazing. Thanks guys! I recomend this place to everyone. =)

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Perfect! Great to hear. Glad you had a good weekend.

Excellent hostel! We stayed there for two nights and surprisingly our double room, although with bunk bed instead of double bed, had an en-suite bathroom with toilet and sink! We only had to leave our bedroom for the shower. Also a great and simple breakfast for free and good internet access.

The luggage room is on the lower ground floor to which there is no lift. Quite a struggle for girls! Some security lockers could be helpful.

Very good hostel. Individual locker below the bed. Clean rooms and bathroom. Towels are for rent, as usually. I storaged my luggage for free ++. Location is ok. It's a 15mins walk from the center. The bus from the airport stops at the door of the hostel.