Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Excellent staff, very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast. Wifi works well throughout the building. Movie room downstairs. Pool table upstairs. About a ten minute walk from Temple Bar District. About a 15 minutes walk from the main shopping area. Overall a clean and tidy hostel.

Great place, great people!!!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The beds were comfortable and very spacious rooms with high ceilings. One girl at reception was lovely but everyone else was rude, disinterested and unhelpful. The wifi was good. The breakfast was bad, soggy cereal and stale bread, the bathroom was dirty, the atmosphere was awful, the common space was full of people sitting on their laptops... Even on the weekend nights. It's fine and definitely not an awful hostel but it's so easy to fix such little things so why don't they?

The location of the hostel is perfect. Everything is pretty clean and the stuff is super nice. The breakfast is ok. Our room was pretty small, but clean and everything. Just the beds were way too short (I am only 1.74m and I couldn't fit myself in there lieing on my back).

• 11th Sep 2014

The staff was excellent - best part of the experience. The bathroom/ensuite was a disappointment. You had to push the nozzle for hot or cold water on the facet like in elementary school. And the shower was also just one push button where the water stayed on 20 seconds and you could do nothing about the temp. For me it was cold and then too hot. And they didn't provide any soap fixtures. Also, the breakfast wasn't anything to wake up for.

• 9th Sep 2014

Breakfast, lets put it to a vote: Stay or Go? If it's not appreciated then I may stop providing it....and put the saving towards soap. The push button shower and sink system have two purposes. The main one is to be Eco-friendly so you can feel good (and clean) that you are doing your bit for the environment. The second is to avoid taps/ facets been left running, overflowing and potentially flooding the place. Glad you had a good time with the staff.

The staff were friendly and helpful (the girl booking my day trip got me the 5 euro student discount even though I wasn't a student. Thanks!). 3 computers for free use. Didn't use the kitchen but looked good and wish I had. Stayed in the 18 room ensuite, room/bedding clean decent temperature. I think we shared the 2 toilet/2 shower bathroom with another room but I never had a problem using them, also clean especially considering volume. Breakfast basic but you can have as much as you want. Good.

The hostel is fine. The wifi doesn't get to the whole hostel. It is quite clean. The plugs are far from the bed. The location is good, just next to the river. Beds are comfortable.

Ideal location.A few minutes walk to center city. Staff and facilities excellent. Highly recommended. Patrick. wexford ,ireland.

• 6th Sep 2014

Reasonable,clean and central. Everything we needed

• 6th Sep 2014

Dublin8 is not so far away from the city centre but we can find much closer one as well. Here is cheap so, many long-term-customers stay in. For just one night is okay.

Great location, a five minute walk to the main area of temple bar. Great Pub crawl, only 12 euros which includes 1/2 pint of guiness and shots of milk at each bar, although large group of like minded people to do it with. They also have special offers at each bar which more than saves you 12 euros! Would recommend.

• 6th Sep 2014

The staff were really helpful, wifi was good except didnt work in the rooms, breakfast was ok would be good if they had whole meal bread, the showers had that annoying push button but were still pretty good, kitchen was big and well equipped, if your a solo traveller I wouldn't stay here the way it's set up is more for groups as there is no atmosphere!!

Even though I was there for less than 24 hours, I really enjoyed my stay at Dublin, and particularly in the hostel. Everything was clean and the breakfast was of reasonable diversity. There was free open wifi, although the signal was a bit weak at the rooms. This was my first stay ever in a hostel and i had a BLAST! I made new friends from all over the world and had a great stay. THANKS!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The bathrooms/shower rooms were never cleaned properly.

• 4th Sep 2014

Good place to stay, decent location. Bathrooms weren't the greatest but they work. Atmosphere is average. Worth the money overall.

Second year we stayed at this hostel. Stayed at 4 different hostels last year. But the four court hostel was our absolute favorite hostel of these. Only nice people and the staff always wants to help. Thanx guys, hope to see ya all next year. Keep up the good work. Cheers from sweden

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Best hostel in dublin. Staff is amazing! They recommended the best coffee shop by day bar by night called the twisted pepper, so go there too. I loved the complimentary breakfast. Seriously GREAT location.

The hostel was good considering its price. Its breakfast was very minimal: toast with jam or milk with cruesli. It wasnt really clean..

• 31st Aug 2014

Hi, I am a little confused. You say the Hostel was good but then the rating is not. Value is rated 3 out of 5 yet your mention the price was good. Facilities is rated 2 out of 5 yet you say the hostel was good. Our breakfast is better than a lot of hostels offer with a variety of hot drinks and cereals along with toast, juice and cookies but it does go unappreciated sometimes. We will work on it as with cleanliness. Cheers for staying.

Not many plug-ins for the shared dorm that I was in, however that staff were extremely friendly and helpful with all of our additional questions. Good lockers for storage under the bunk, but my locker was being used by somebody else when I arrived late at night which was a drag. I loved the 24/hour reception too.

• 29th Aug 2014

Great place ..was a bit too big and too many people so much that its difficult to chat/meet people for me. The staff was very nice. Location was great. If you like big place this is great.