Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

Very decent hostel Nice staff, Goof Atmosphere. Recomended

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Israel

Three of us stayed for one Friday night. The hostel is OK, with nothing really special about it other than friendly staff. It's huge, so not really clean and it was very noisy as out room was near the smoking area. Our room was stuffy and smelly, tho I'm sure this is due to the other people there other than the hostel. I can see it being a good place for young people tho, as there were lots of socialising over breakfast.

Very friendly staff, comfortable environment! Overall great stay!

The hostel was ok, not very far from the city centre and temple bar (only 10 minutes walk). Free breakfast is a plus (even though it is served only until 9.30). The main drawback is that the kitchen is very small and usually you have to queue to cook your meal. I was staying in a 4 bed dorm and it was comfortable and quiet, with no noise coming from the street behind it.

A slight walk to Temple Bar area and beyond but was nice being right next to the river. Staff were nice, the room was adequate with an en-suite bathroom. Would highly recommend A++++

• 20th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved this hostel. The only thing was there were a lot of students from the university so you didnt get the backpacker feel since everyone already knew eachother. Overall nice hostel!

Good value for money. Likely, not the best choice for travellers who want to meet new people and have amusing activities. Most of the guests are Spanish or English learners who don't care at all to join other people. In addition, the lift doesn't work and the wi-fi connection is poor, therefore if you stay on the third floor your stay will be definitely compromised. Apart from that, clean and in a good location.

Loved this hostel! Stayed over saint patties week and had a blast. The boys at the front desk are hilarious and very helpful! I would definitely recommend it!

Very helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

Great night at the four courts for the Saint Patrick's day!

• 16th Mar 2015

Staff was GREAT. The rooms were hotter than expected but I was upgraded from a mixed dorm to a female only dorm so that was nice. Bathrooms clean, breakfast was basic cereal and toast. It is quite a walk from O'Connell St but I enjoyed the exercise.

The Staff were really friendly, which made the experience even better. I would definitely return. thanks you xx

• 13th Mar 2015

This hostel actually ruined the experience in Dublin. We stayed in a 16 bed Female Dorm. Looking around, it was apparent that people were LIVING in the room long-term. It made the entire experience so uncomfortable. The bathroom was only accessed through another huge dorm room. There was no where to set your stuff while taking a shower and very dirty. There was one power strip for the entire 16 person room. We ended up cancelling the rest of our stay and went to the Generator instead.

• 7th Mar 2015

This place has a bad vibe. Full of people living here for long time, the kitchen is a mess.

Hi there, Bad vibe?? I will have to disagree with you on that one. We cater to people from all over the world, language students, travellers, groups, backpackers...if the people are cool, they can stay in a cool place. The kitchen can get a little messy at meal times, but it is cleaned 3 times a day. Morning, afternoon and evening. Its is up to customers to clean after themselves too however...2 for facilities, cant say that is fair, reading, tv, common room, free WIFI/internet/breakfast...

Big cheers to guys behind Desk proper irish lads they were very helpfull Girls were talking about ya all the way to airport 👌 hope u enjoy ur rose wine and bottle of cider 😂 Ps she really want ur phone number Lad !!! Cheers

I've stayed in several hostels in Dublin in the past few months and this one has been my favorite! Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean facilities, and very quiet unlike other hostels I've been to. It's a perfect location to both get to Temple Bar and not be able to hear Temple Bar when you're trying to go to sleep. Loved it!

• 1st Mar 2015

Actually I'm really Astonished about how much good reviews this hostel have. Probably most of them never went to another hostels in the world. Pros: - Great location Cons: - No power plugs for everyone in the rooms. - No private light. - The guy of the walking tour is great but probably you will go alone like me (almost everyone lives here, they are not travelers). - They have a big problem with privacy in the showers. - Staff is not that great neither the bunk beds.

We loved our stay at Four Courts! The guys at the reception desk were great and provided us with lots of recommendations (and also with an umbrella and a hot water bottle - thanks again!!). When we come back to Dublin, we'll definitely stay there again. :)

I was in Dublin for the weekend with my brother and this is the first time i have ever stayed in a hostel, my brother having stayed in loads recommended this place and I was delighted to find out upon arrival that we were upgraded from a 6 bed mixed to a two bed private dorm, staff were very friendly and easy to get along with.... yap would defo recommend this place for anyone coming to Dublin...

• 21st Feb 2015

Group of 14 went for a 23rd Birthday. The staff were great and put us in two adjoining rooms. They didn't make a fuss when we made a bit of a mess in our rooms (spills). They organised a walking tour which was awesome and the breakfast was great for free! Would go again in a group or alone!