Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The staff was amazing and very helpful, the location is really easy to find since it's right along the river. Luggage had a secure crate under the bed (remember to bring a lock!) met a few really awesome people too!

Nothing special nothing terrible. Dublin is very easy to walk around and the hostel was easy to get to.

• 4th Jun 2014

Sooooo to put a more positive spin on it.... Everything good... so cheers for that.

Extremely poor communication, a bed was sold to me despite the hostel already being full! No one takes accountability, I have requested for the non-existent manager Darren to get in contact but this has not been the case as I have now been waiting for two weeks. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • mevi_a

Nonsense. No bed was sold to you as you would not provide us with full credit card details. You dragged the emails out for two days by providing sporadic pieces of info. You provided the expiry date the day after your required stay ? You then booked yourself online for the wrong date which makes no sense. This was charged as a no show by the way. You did not stay with us so your ratings for facilities etc is redundant. You complicated the entire process and made a mess of it unnecessarily.

Staff are super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is average in most regards. The location is a bit of a walk from the main areas though they weren't necessarily all that far away. Breakfast ends super early though which I found to be inconvenient.

• 31st May 2014

Breakfast ends @ 9.30 which is standard in Dublin. It helps get people up and avoids late check outs @ 10:30am. Dublin is a city ideal for walking (there is no underground metro as everything is walking distance.). Our location is surrounded by all the cool stuff, Ireland's oldest pub, Christchurch and St. Patrick's cathedral, Jameson whiskey distillery, temple bar etc. Maybe we should start renting Sedgeways?...Are they still around? I haven't seen one in a long time.

There is a bus that takes you here for 6 quid from the airport. The stop is about a block away from the hostel. Very easy to reach! Great location on Quay street, next to all the action. Showers are nice and hot. Building is secure but no lockers in the room. Lots of outlets in the room, so you don't have to fight your dormmates to charge PDAs. I would definitely stay here again.

Staff were fantastic and had a good laugh with us. Hostel was more than we expected especially for the price. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 31st May 2014
  • Scotland

A nice hostel located near the city centre. The staff was very friendly and they made sure that no one could just walk in there. So I felt pretty safe. Only thing that was not so good is the fact that in some cases 2 dorms each with 12 beds had to share a bathroom with only 2 showers and 2 toilets. It is very hard to keep it clean that way. Also the kitchen that guests use wasn't very clean. I went out for dinner. But despite that it was a real nice place to stay :)

• 29th May 2014

Four Courts Hostel is in a great location. You are a mile from the train station, and a short walk from temple bar and other great locations within the city. The staff was friendly and answered all our questions without hesitation. Breakfast was a typical hostel breakfast, but not bad (Cereal, juice, oatmeal, tea/coffee, toast with jam). The facility has lots of character and there's a ton of various different rooms to hang out in and socialize. Wi-Fi in bedrooms is limited.

• 29th May 2014

Wifi is on one floor only :(

Good hostel, nothing crazy amazing, but fine.

We had a guy with an alligator head that juggled multi-colouredcats whilst riding a unicycle but he kept running over small children so we had to tone things down a bit. We've now got a ball people can bounce if their WiFi doesn't work. It's a small ball so it's pretty safe.

It's a nice hostel with good atmosphere. Just a normal free breakfast and good coffee in the mornings. Staff were nice and helpful. Cool comfortable hostel. Would recommend (Can be expensive some nights though, they seem to change their prices between any nights so just watch for that)

The place is in a great location with excellent security. There isn't really a chill out room so you don't really get to know the other guests. The kitchen is okay but is not big enough for the amount of people staying there. They also don't provide the basics like salt and pepper so if you only want to do one or two meals you have to buy an entire container or go without. The showers are meh since you have to keep pushing the button and you can't control the temperature but they were clean.

Em...There are loads of chill out areas. You must not have gone downstairs as beneath the large common area is the movie room and also the reading room as well as another chill out place. The kitchen is massive, probably the biggest one in any Dublin Hostel. We DO have eco friendly push button showers so maybe you did actually stay with us after all...but they are a common feature in Dublin hostels. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I've stayed in hostels the world over - some great others, like this not so great. While it's in a good location and the staff I spoke to seemed very pleasant they could improve on a couple of issues. Firstly, I had taken my car and the hostel say on their hostelworld.com advert that they provide car-parking - they didn't mention there was a charge but on arrival I was charged for parking. Furthermore I opted to stay in a 12 bed en-suite dorm - I ended up in a 24 bed en-suite dorm. BEWARE 8-(

Yes we charge €10 for overnight city center parking as we rent the spaces ourselves in order to provide this facility to our guests. Fire regulations require rooms with more than 10 beds to have 2 exit points. This is why the 12 bed and 16 bed are interconnected, for your safety. It is stated on H/world that those 2 dorms are interconnected. They are our cheapest dorms best suited to backpackers who want to mix and meet other cheap and cheerful travellers.

We didn't love it. The location wasn't great. I didn't feel comfortable walking alone in the evening. It's far from everything. Breakfast was supposed to be served until 10 and when we got there at 9:15, everything had been put away. There was no wifi in the room. There were no top sheets- the bottom sheet was clean but I couldn't tell when the blankets were last cleaned and that grossed me out. The bathroom was small and dark and loud.

Sorry to hear that. Most of our guests love our location because it is central to a lot of the must see sights. Breakfast is 7am -9.30am (none of the receptionists would have told you 10) I would suspect either your time keeping or your recollection is a wee bit off. All bed linen is freshly changed, of course, for all new arrivals. WiFi is now available upstairs and 24 hours in our massive common areas. The Bathroom? ... what can I say..? Were the lights switched on? I'm baffled by that one.

I had a really nice time and would book again immediately.

Thank you. Glad you had a good time with us and all the best to you too.

Nice hostel. Good location close to the sights and heading out. Helpful staff. Random kitchen! It's like an industrial one that was a bit baffling, but it was great!

Hostel in the city center with its own car park!!! Minus, behind windows - main street, so a little noisy, but it is anywhere close.

The hostel is pretty cool. It has a huge kitchen and common room. Breakfast is ok and the staff was always willing to help us.

I had to walk through the smokers area to get to my room. The "parking included" is you paying €10 to park with an additional €20 deposit. The staff is super helpful and great.

Nope..You didn't have to walk through the smoking area. There are two options to get to that particular room. The regular route through the hostel corridors or the shorter (more popular) route, the couple of steps through the smoking area aka 'the lazy way'. We offer two options ...so if you prefer the lazy way then that is up to you. I do not think we say 'parking included' on hostelworld? Parking is available which is a great bonus. The deposit is returned when the key is returned. Cheers.

Amazing hostel to meet people! I really enjoyed my stay here, people are really friendly - both staff and guests. This hostel is very well connected to the city of Dublin and you can do all of your tourism bookings at the lobby. I highly recommend the free 3-hour walking tour (tips at the end).

Delighted you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate the appreciation. Many thanks.