Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

The lack of electrical outlets was a major frustration. Having two outlets per ever 4 bunks is not enough. especially when some of the outlets do not work.

I made myself a cup of tea and walked through the ground floor common area. During my walk I counted 54 available sockets, that is not including the sockets already in use for internet and vending machines. There are 12 sockets in the 16 bed dorm and 8 in the 12 bed. There are 6 in the 6 bed dorms. At that stage and realised there is more to life than counting sockets. I then went outside and met new people and had loads of fun. True story with a Happy ending. Happy Friday Everybody!

i have good experience living in FOUR COURT Hostel!!!

The hostel is in a great location with everything in walkable distance (both the tourist attractions and bars/pubs). However, the hostel itself leaves a few things to be desired. My biggest complaint is the lack of heat and a staff member's response. Our room was freezing cold due to a huge drafty window in it and when I told the staff on duty, he was less than helpful. The hostel was extremely noisy all hours of the night, but I think that is just a part of the hostel since it had many people.

bit far out of town. The kitchen is great. The downstairs area is good, a lot of activity, kind of like a bar, lots of fun. The bathroom was filthy though.

This hostel (like many others in dublin) has high amounts of long term residents. This makes the atmosphere really strange and unfriendly especially for a solo traveller. Wifi only worked downstairs (if it did) meaning everyone was face to screen all day and night. There was also very few awkwardly placed charging points! In a 16 bed dorm there were only 2. 2 rooms of 16 also had to share 2 showers and toilets which was chaotic at quite times. Overall very strange hostel, could be improved.

As a capital city you get students that are here to study for a couple of weeks, Guests that want to get a job and a flat and stay a while hoping all will work out and then you get the backpacker that drops in and drops out bringing and taking memories. It should be a great mix with each group offering something to the other. Internet has killed a lot of social interaction but we limit it to downstairs so you can make friends with your room mates. Free walking tours/nightly pubcrawls also help.

Suspiciously handsome mostly male staff, nice location, good facilities, sufficient security. Cool place. Would def stay again.

• 1st Nov 2013

About time someone mentioned this rugged handsomeness, we were getting fed up of Fran getting all the attention. Four Courts hostels autographed pictures and 2014 calenders coming soon. It's gonna be a hot December, ooohhh yeah baby!

Overall, a great place to stay.

Near city center, nice place for a good price. Very helpfull staff to arrange your visit to Dublin area.

• 31st Oct 2013

Brilliant common room with free wifi and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Nice touches in the room, would definitely stay there again.

very nice stuff, nice atmosphere, definitely gonna stay there another time :)

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Poland

It is a big hostel so the common rooms and kitchen get crowd. Been there twice, so I would recommend a smaller room, less people = better hygiene. The WiFi doesn't work in the rooms, the signal is too weak. The cages beneath the beds are very useful and secure, if you bring your own padlock. If not, you can rent it at the reception along other stuff that people forget to bring with themselves.

central, clean, nice staff. Good value for money.

The hostel is OK and also the facilities and staff. I didn't like that the hostel was very busy, too much people at breakfast time. The dining room don't have enough tables to sit everyone and we had to take our breakfast in a corner of the kitchen, because after 10.30 the coffe of the machine it was for pay !

Free breakfast is available from 7am-9:30am. It is spread out over these hours to help facilitate high demand. We have over 200 beds so if everyone decides to eat breakfast at the same time then you got to expect a bit of congestion. Generally it all works well.

We had a strange guy in our hostel who would pace the room last night and was most likely doing drugs in the bathroom. We were also frustrated by how every time we went in our room, someone was sleeping so we were always doing things in the dark. Guess that's the hostel life for ya though

• 24th Oct 2013

It was perfect, conidering the excellent cooking facilities, pool room, tv and friendly staff. Unfortunately, I left my brown/black umbrella plus black clothes bag there (not in luggage room), so it was my fault. I would give a small reward if it were found.

• 23rd Oct 2013

After a comprehensive check this guest agrees that he may have misplaced his items elsewhere as his memory is a bit cloudy about the whole thing. The cloth bag had a couple of dictionaries so he was quite happy to receive a replacement dictionary from reception...and he can borrow an umbrella anytime he wants. We expect some rather large eloquent words to flow from his lips next time he stays with us.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »