Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

This was a really nice hostel, with lots of cool spaces to hangout in. It had cool decor and was spacious which were really nice amenities. We had a difficult time getting to use our bathroom due to the amount of people using it and other guests being disrespectful of the space (throwing up in the sinks) but on a whole, what the hostel was responsible for was great!

Overall a good hostel, however we were not expecting be average age of the backpackers to be over 40. This was very disconcerting to two girls as the old men changed right in our room, groups of bikers took over the hallways and entire families took up large areas of the dorm room. We had hoped for a hostel where we could meet people with whom to go out at night however there was no way that we were going to go out with any of these groups of older adults. The breakfast bar was great though.

• 25th May 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Bright, spacious, and friendly. Rooms were clean and staff was nice. I went back at the end of my vacation to stay an additional two nights.

For a quick stop over to lay down this was very good. I would stay here again.

• 24th May 2015

I had the flattest pillow that my blanket was thicker. It was awful. The internet connection is spotty in the rooms. The breakfast was meager. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was small and cramped.

The front desk staff were AWESOME! Super friendly and they gave us great advice on things to do/places to eat. I only gave a "good" instead of an "excellent" because the cleaning staff were quite rude. My friend and I went out one night and slept in the next day only to wake up to the cleaning staff talking loudly in our room. One lady even threw old bed sheets on my sleeping friend, when she was re-making it. Aside from this, everything was great!!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Kel_2the_Nel

This hostel is great- big, friendly, clean, helpful staff and free breakfast.

• 22nd May 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel. the staff was very friendly, the room quiet and the breakfast delicious. it's a very good place to stay:-)

• 21st May 2015

Everything just didnt seem clean. From the bathroom to the shower to the room.... staff was amazing however and they had a good kitchen and dining room;

It's increodnly hard to get more than a few hours of sleep. Party hostel to the max.

Great location on the water near the center of Dublin, staff was very helpful and nice whenever I needed information. Bedooms and restrooms were clean. People complain about the breakfast but hey for the price your paying any free breakfast is a bonus.

The staff was very friendly!! Always open to chat and give advice.

Very nice hostel!

Staff was great--very friendly and helpful. Four Courts is in a perfect location! The hostel itself is very basic and a bit grungy. Also, it didn't seem like there was an age limit on who could stay in dorms (most hostels don't allow guests over 35 in dorm rooms). The hostel didn't have much atmosphere and probably wouldn't be good for solo travelers.

we really enjoyed this hostel, nice location, friendly staff and everything was nice

• 8th May 2015

Overall, it was a decent hostel as somewhere to sleep. The atmosphere was weird because a lot of the people staying in the dorms are long term, so we felt out of place. Also, there were no quiet hours in the dorms so people were loudly coming in at all hours and sleeping in the middle of the day which meant the lights were always off. The showers weren't super clean and there were also no hand towels/dryers in the bathroom. The breakfast was fine (and free).

Excellent time spent in the Hostel. The 1 and only main thing that I'd ask them to improve is the hot water. If you didnt get in there first in the 6 man dorm, it was freezing. that aside, it was grand. 😊

• 8th May 2015
  • Scotland

great staff great location

the hostel was very big, loved that it had lots of common areas including a quiet area if you wanted to just read, or study, or not be bothered. only complaint would be that the beds were super squeaky... every fidget your bunk mate made you would feel. a good couple minute walk away from any areas of interest, but not too far.

Decent stay. Nothing spectacular