Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, even though I stayed just for 1 night. The location is great, it's within walking distance to where the shops are-- I ended up window shopping during the day. I came to dublin to see a show at vicar st, and this hostel was the closest. Best part of my stay was the power shower-- SO GOOD. And the water comes out warm straightaway. I'd come back just for the shower. xD

• 8th May 2014
  • Singapore

Great place to stay. Was really noisy from the people above us walking around and talking, you can here everything and the floors creaked really loudly, other than that it good.

• 7th May 2014

Great hostel very clean, with good staff and perfect location. Good breakfast. If I come back to Dublin, I will stay here, no doubt. Excellente auberge, vraiment propre, staff agréable et disponible, emplacement parfait à quelques minutes à pieds de Temple Bar. Buffet de petit déjeuner à volonté, possibilité d'utiliser la cuisine et le frigo pour se faire à manger. Clairement, si je reviens à Dublin, ce sera ici !

• 7th May 2014

This place does a clever thing, makes a big hostel feel like a small place, you don't feel like you are getting lost in a huge mass leviathan hostel like most big places I have experienced. Showers on annoying push buttons, decent variety for breakfast, comfortable beds, great location, plenty space. Just be warned though, they do accept toddlers (I'm happy with it, people at dinner table were grousing a lot) so if you aren't a fan of kids, it's not a place for you.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Will stay here again in the future .

it is a excellent hostel

• 5th May 2014

Just perfect.

I would recommend it to anyone. Excellent hostel. The receptionist Fran is a miracle ... :)

• 4th May 2014
  • Croatia

She is indeed Frantastic!

The staff is really friendly and the hostel is located 5-10 min walk away from Temple Bar. The rooms instalations were fine and there are toilet bowls inside the rooms, so one does not need to go through the corridor in inappropriate times. The breakfast was simple but good.

The staff are so friendly and the room we stayed in was very clean - we also had our own bathroom, which was nice. The location is perfect for people who don't want to deal with the noise and hot mess of Dublin's oh so classy drunk side but still want to be in walking distance to the fun streets with all the bars/shops like temple bar. The only downside is that you don't have wifi in your room - you have to go to the main room on the first floor.

We arrived too late and took time to us to get the keys and go sleep. The bathroom was mixed ok,but the showers didnt have even a glass or a door. The kitchen was dirty and it closed soon. We realized many people was living in the hostel, so the bedrooms were dirty too and a bit mess.

Would a Tickle cheer you up? You arrived late & tired..and it shows, but this was no fault of ours, we welcomed you with open arms @ midnight. The kitchen was both closed and dirty?..the Kitchen closes so it CAN be cleaned after a busy day.. Coffee/Tea is still available,snacks also. Largest dorm showers have shower curtains, there are extra showers on each hallway with glass doors and lockable cubicles if they are your preferred type. Largest and cheapest dorm can be messy by midnight if full

We were a group of four adolescents and it was our first stay in Dublin and I'm glad we stayed in this hostel. we liked the stay a lot and considering the very small price we paid, I can say it is defenitely worth a stay. You can reach the city center, trinity college and a lot more easily in 20 min. However the bathrooms and showers were a bit unconvenient as they were very small and we had to pass through an other room to get there. The staff was very friendly and hepful.

• 3rd May 2014

This was a great hostel. I arrived and informed the desk I had a morning flight the day after and they helped me out with the airport shuttle for the next morning! The facilities were nice, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was a friendly atmosphere. I did sleep in one of the bigger dorms, and while it may get noisy by design, everyone was courteous and tried their best not to make much noise after 11PM. Bathrooms were clean as well. I would recommend this place.

there was no plug in the bathroom, and very few plugs in the room. the bathroom was bad, there was no control of water temperature. and the water in the shower was discontinued.

Nice hostel right on the river, in between the Guinness Storehouse and Temple Bar. Appreciated the lockers under the bed and free fancy coffee drinks at breakfast.

Dublin, Ireland was our first stop on our five week adventure! We stayed in a 4 bed bedroom but luckily we only had one other roommate who didn't really talk much. Our beds were already made and clean! The lockers are underneath the beds.The area where the hostel is located was quiet and right next to the river. It wasn't too far from the night life though so that's a plus! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed our stay here!!

Great hostel with super friendly staff, great prices for the location. Everything within walking distance :-). Would definitely stay again.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Great place to stay, good location. We had a great stag due

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I didn't have any trouble staying there... It's a nice place, close to templo bar... easy to get there from the airport!!

• 25th Apr 2014

We are very happy ! It's very near temple bar... All was perfect. very good adress

• 24th Apr 2014