Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

We didn't love it. The location wasn't great. I didn't feel comfortable walking alone in the evening. It's far from everything. Breakfast was supposed to be served until 10 and when we got there at 9:15, everything had been put away. There was no wifi in the room. There were no top sheets- the bottom sheet was clean but I couldn't tell when the blankets were last cleaned and that grossed me out. The bathroom was small and dark and loud.

Sorry to hear that. Most of our guests love our location because it is central to a lot of the must see sights. Breakfast is 7am -9.30am (none of the receptionists would have told you 10) I would suspect either your time keeping or your recollection is a wee bit off. All bed linen is freshly changed, of course, for all new arrivals. WiFi is now available upstairs and 24 hours in our massive common areas. The Bathroom? ... what can I say..? Were the lights switched on? I'm baffled by that one.

I had a really nice time and would book again immediately.

Thank you. Glad you had a good time with us and all the best to you too.

Nice hostel. Good location close to the sights and heading out. Helpful staff. Random kitchen! It's like an industrial one that was a bit baffling, but it was great!

Hostel in the city center with its own car park!!! Minus, behind windows - main street, so a little noisy, but it is anywhere close.

The hostel is pretty cool. It has a huge kitchen and common room. Breakfast is ok and the staff was always willing to help us.

I had to walk through the smokers area to get to my room. The "parking included" is you paying €10 to park with an additional €20 deposit. The staff is super helpful and great.

Nope..You didn't have to walk through the smoking area. There are two options to get to that particular room. The regular route through the hostel corridors or the shorter (more popular) route, the couple of steps through the smoking area aka 'the lazy way'. We offer two options ...so if you prefer the lazy way then that is up to you. I do not think we say 'parking included' on hostelworld? Parking is available which is a great bonus. The deposit is returned when the key is returned. Cheers.

Amazing hostel to meet people! I really enjoyed my stay here, people are really friendly - both staff and guests. This hostel is very well connected to the city of Dublin and you can do all of your tourism bookings at the lobby. I highly recommend the free 3-hour walking tour (tips at the end).

Delighted you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate the appreciation. Many thanks.

The above scale would have to have a few higher levels than excellent to accurately evaluate the Four Courts hostel staff. Each one of the staff are fantastic. The only complaint that I have with our stay was not with the staff nor the hostel but with a large group of very young kids that were staying at the hostel. The kids were not bad but they were very young and not well supervised so they were acting there age which isn't necessarily a good fit for a hostel.

Good points: location and friendly staff Bad points: 20 people sharing 2 showers and 2 toilettes. Very dirty bathrooms.

It s a very nice Hostel

I was in a bad situation and had nowhere to go... Thanks to the Four Courts Hostel staff, I felt better! They didn't know my situation but they cheered me up with their good mood, their smile and their humour! I enjoyed my last days in Dublin before going back to France, and that's definitely thanks to them!!

• 17th May 2014

I loved staying at Four Courts Hostel. It's clean, have a perfect location, free breakfast, cool atmosphere and the staff couldn't have been more fun and friendly. I totally recommend!

• 16th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Our 6-bed room was small but perfectly serviceable. Very good location - only a few minutes walk from Temple Bar.

Fantastic location with great staff. Little bit of mould in shared showers but en suite showers were lovely and clean. Atmosphere only marked down slightly due to the size of the hostel.

• 16th May 2014

Staff were very knowledgable and helpful.

Everything about this hostel is fantastic. The staff are great, the vibe is great, it's everything you want a friendly, fun hostel to be. Highly recommend it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in for cleanliness and facilities, and they had plenty of communal space for lounging. Location was out of Temple Bar, so not too loud.

Very nice & helpful staff, clean room as well as bathroom, breakfast for free – coffee included – nice! Would not have a problem to stay again. The only "complaint' might be the loft bed was a bit shaky so I go to used to that the first night :)

We booked a private room for 4. It was two bunk beds, one of them with a double bed down. Though we weren't using one of the bed, we asked on Saturday morning if a friend could pass the night in the room and how much will be. After a lot of non-sense questions kind of why he stay here? or I need to see him before I allow him to stay, speaking with some employers and then the owner, spending there 30 min the result was: He will have to pay 21€ as we paid each one for the room. So we said NO

• 9th May 2014
  • Spain

To explain, Hostels sell by bed not by room. You booked a room for 4 and you wanted to have a 5th person book in but not pay. It is the staffs job to ensure that all paid guests are comfortable and safe during their time with us. If your friend is not registered in our system and if he has not paid like all the other guests in-house then he would not be allowed stay. If he wanted to book in he would have to provide his passport and be in a coherent state. Otherwise it is us that would say no.

We loved everything about the place; room & bath clean and quiet; eating area clean and lively; computers available were used; appreciated ability to print my boarding pass; the locked luggage room, the elevator; TV room and great DVD selection; even used your library, and borrowed a book! Best of all was the STAFF. informative, engaging; knowledgeable -- and FUN! we will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN DUBLIN.

• 9th May 2014