Four Courts Hostel Reviews

15/17 Merchants Quay, Christchurch (Adjacent to Temple Bar), Dublin, Ireland

All good, no soap in bathroom, good breakfast

This is a great hostel if you enjoy living with a bunch of "long-term" and slightly creepy residents. This hostel has an absolutely terrible atmosphere in terms of the residents it houses. It seems like most people living there are 30 to 50 year old men and it feels like they just sit around all day. I stayed in the largest room option, which was conveniently connected to the other large room. For over 30 beds, there were 2 coed toilets and 2 showers. Certainly not cleaned well enough.

The largest rooms are the cheapest rooms and therefore the most popular. There are a handful of guests that rebook weekly whilst they look for Apartments and there are some students doing short 1-3 week courses, the rest are all tourists. Sitting around = free internet. I doubt any of them would appreciate you referring to them as creepy. We tend not to be ageist, preferring guests young at heart regardless of actual age though average age = 19, female dorms available, extra showers in hallway.

For the price we paid the hostel was very clean and well equipped. The free breakfast was simple (as expected) but substantial and extremely useful considering we were on a tight budget. The main problem we had was sleeping; whilst some of the disturbance was unavoidable in a large dorm (e.g. snoring) the metal security baskets under the bunks are quite poorly made so that they screech noisily when pulled out and wake everybody up. They are also difficult to secure with a normal sized lock.

• 6th Apr 2014

Friendly atmosphere, good price, excellent location. Will stay again

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Wales

we only stayed here for one night so didnt get to experance the hostel properly but what i saw i loved. The staff were very frendly and our room was lovely. Thank you

Really nice staff and people. You can borrow everything at the reception( towels,adaptor etc.). It's very close to everything you want to see and easy to find since its just on the opposite side on the river from Four Courts We are gonna stay here during our next dublin trip as well.

• 3rd Apr 2014

A short walk from Temple Bar and Grafton St, it's a great home base from which to explore Dublin. Only complaints are minor: showers with timed buttons; mediocre breakfast; staff didn't give any information about the city, though when asked a specific question they were happy to answer. As I said, very minor complaints! Overall, good value for the money. Plus: though it's 2nd-to-last stop for the AirLink airport bus going in, it's one of the 1st on the way back-no chance of not getting a spot!

I basically loved everything, the one thing that was impossible was the kitchen at night because not all people washes or clean what they use is sad, cuz no one should clean up your mess. One other thing bump beds make lots of noice if u move a centimeter is not cool when u have to share the room u feel terrible to make lots of noice just to get off bed, I have stayed in hoter hostals and wooded beds are way better :)

This is a very sociable hostel. I met to many interesing people there. Definitely, this is the best hostel in quality to price ratio. The perssonel of the reception are very kindly and the staff are cleanning all time.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

The location was great and it was definitely very secure. It is a very large hostel, so it is easy to meet other people. But, there were people of all different ages there, kids through older adults; however my room was just young people. There were also many people staying long term, which means they have a bit more stuff usually. Also, there weren't many showers, but somehow it was never a problem to get a shower. I would definitely recommend the hostel - just know that it is pretty big.

I thought that the hostel was pretty average... The staff members were very accommodating and served us well. My only three little complaints are the size of the room, the bedding, and no wifi in the rooms. On the positive side, transportation to and from were perfect, the location is unbeatable, and the wifi in the common area was good. Thanks for the stay! Cheers

• 25th Mar 2014

Wi-Fi in the rooms, the final nail in real life social interaction, is coming in the next couple of weeks. Some rooms already have it. It is all wired up and is high fiber speed so rather than going out and experiencing the world with wide eyes you can stay in your bed with little bloodshot eyes downloading Game of Thrones. Happy holidays.... until then, the massive common areas are always open 24 hrs and has free wifi and internet....you can close the curtains. All the best.

I have stayed at the Four Courts Hostel a few times. I think it's the best value hostel I've found in central Dublin. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff are friendly and the price includes breakfast, international phone calls, wifi, luggage storage and dvd rental. My only complaint is that the bathrooms/showers aren't cleaned often enough.

Just a 5 minute walk from Temple Bar, the location couldn't have been better. The staff was very friendly and fit to handle any concerns. Additionally the facilities were in wonderful condition. While we didn't use the kitchen during our stay, I did notice that it was large, clean, and stocked with pots, pans, etc. All in all, Four Courts Hostel was worth the price and allowed us to enjoy our time in Dublin a little more.

Very welcoming & friendly staff, would definitely recommend this hostel & stay there again on my next night out in Dublin!!!

• 22nd Mar 2014

It's difficult to have an opinion when you only stayed one night at the hostel. Still, the staff was really kind and ready to help, to answer questions and to make it easy for the guests . I only regret that all the facilities are not reminded so well in the hostel (maybe some additional notices could be helpful), moreover, everything is not explained when you arrive, and the noise outdoor can be clearly heard in the room. It also seems a bit old. But everything else is nice !

• 22nd Mar 2014

I had a great time! The staff are awesome, very helpful and fun people! I would definitely stay again and recommend to a friend! Thanks!

Great.Cheers. Appreciate it.

Staff was great as was the value and location. Worked our great for myself, wife and two teens

• 21st Mar 2014

HOSTEL LOCATED IN PERFECT PLACE FOR TOURING DUBLIN. WE WALKED TO EVERYTHING WE WANTED TO SEE.

The staff was really kind and the hostel is great for the backpackers.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

It is one of the best hostels that I booked at eurotrip (1 month, 5 countries and 8 cities)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5