Four Seasons Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Excellent location, excellent hostel

• 27th Jul 2015

Clean hostel close to the train station. I wouldn't recommend the pub crawl very unorganised. I was happy with our stay except we booked to stay in a 6 bed dorm and both nights 7th bed was added with someone sleeping in which is unfair when you've booked, paid and agreed to stay in a 6 bed room just because it's peak season they fill all the rooms over capacity just to make more money! If your adding more people to the room there should be a discounted rate, Or at least ask if you mind!

When I had booked, I had booked 8 beds in a mixed dorm and your website indicated that this would be one room. This wasn't the case and our party was split across 2 rooms. Whilst I appreciate that the 2 times we were staying was only one night, it was a family party and it seemed no effort was made to accommodate that - it was disappointing, especially when some of our party were a little younger. Other than that though, I thought the hostel was very good and wold recommend it to people.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Would recommend! My only concern was with the bathrooms. I saw cleaning staff several times during the day, so I know they were being cleaned but the bathrooms always seemed dirty. Hooks or shelves would be helpful to rest personal belongings while using the bathroom or shower. The hostel is very close to Termini Train Station and about 15 min walk to get into a more central area of the city. The staff were helpful and attentive.

I booked the room the night 2 nights before and it said to a deposit upfront which I was fine with, and pay for the rest of the room when I checked in. I ended up having to go to Pescara last minute. I tried to cancel as they didn't answer their phone so I had to email them. We ended emailing back and forth because they said they didn't understand what I wanted to do. Finally they said they had to charge me because I didn't cancel 72 hrs. I didn't even stay so I thought that was bull.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Vietnam

I really appreciated they let me hang out in the common room all afternoon after I'd checked out, I was too tired to do any more sightseeing! The wifi was great and there were small lockers (no locks) in the room. It's very conveniently close to Termini, although I feel like this side of Termini is a bit sketchy. The shower was either cold it freezing which wasn't fun. I really appreciated the air con in the room!

Excellently located hostel 2mins walk from termini, lovely comfortable clean rooms and an all round good choice of hostel.

• 17th Jul 2015

crowd seemed a bit young but maybe it was just he days i was there. airconditioning would cut off half way through the night. you had to hold down a button in the shower for the water to keep going so it was a bit annoying to take a shower if you're a female and are trying to wash your hair. wasn't terrible if you just need a night somewhere because its super close to the train station and it had an elevator.

The bathrooms were pretty dirty at all times and smelt like urine. The kitchen only consisted of a microwave and fridge, no where available to prepare meals. Staff were nice though!

Was a standard hostel but lacked kitchen facilities (only had a microwave, fridge asda kettle). Staff were always nice and helpful and we met some wine night (although wine was sadly limited). It was close to the colosseum and termini meaning the metro was handy but was a good but away from the nightlife of Rome. Key card entry and lockers meant safety wasn't an issue and the dorms themselves were spacious and well air conditioned.

The hostel is very close to the train stations but further than we thought away from the main sights so we had to do a lot of walking. We were staying on the fifth floor and that meant we had to climb 10 flights of stairs with heavy rucksacks as the lift did not work. We had two power cuts during our stay which meant we had no air conditioning for two nights (36 degree heat throughout the night!!). the kitchen only consists of a kettle and a microwave with no utensils or cutlery.

It says there is a kitchen but there is only a fridge and a microwave. Its very hard to find as its in a building with 3 other hostels. However we loved our stay here, the room was clean and spacious and the hostel from the inside looks more like a fancy hotel! There were a few electricity problems (theres not a problem with the hostel, it was just one of those things) which was handled quickly and professionally. All the staff were pleasent and friendly, even at 2am :)

The hostel is located in one of worst parts of town, I've heard this from local residents. As a solo female, I did not feel comfortable walking around there after dark. The hostel was not social at all. I made friends from there only after they mentioned another hostel bar that they would head to. The room was clean and the bathroom excellent. It is conveniently located near the train station. I would recommend this hostel to sleep only and shower only. Don't drink the wine!!!

Everything was perfect!!

• 9th Jul 2015

The room we stayed in looked nothing like the rooms online. Online they were simple, but bright, fresh and clean. Our room was dark and dingy. Our room was supposed to have a refrigerator, but it didn't work, we had it checked and they said it was working, it wasn't. The shower didn't drain and pooled 2-3 inches of water in it if you showered for more than 2 minutes (not exaggerating). The reception room was nice, the bedding seemed clean, and the AC worked which was good.

Only 2 shared washrooms were available.

Had an absolutely epic time in this hostel. Staff were immensely helpful, very welcome and helped me out countless times with directions on maps/best clubs/restaurants/sights etc just brilliant. 3 minutes away for Termini Station which was nice after a long day travelling. Awesome atmosphere and met some great people in my dorm. Staff put wine tastings and organise nights out. Nice AC, comfy beds and good showers. Very clean and I just can not wait to stay here again next summer!! Very Satisfied

Amasing place in a great location close to main transportation

• 6th Jul 2015

Located near the station, no breakfast included in the price, no toiletrie extras, It's just a place to sleep really!

The air conditioning was great and the dorm was very spacious, but when we booked the website said there was a kitchen and there isn't. There is only a kettle, microwave and fridge which was very disappointing indeed. The showers were mostly freezing and the light kept going off which was very frustrating. It was very close to the station which was convenient.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7