Four Seasons Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

When checking in the guy says "there's a map over there if you need one". No information supplied- I had to asks where the hostel was on the map and he didn't offer up any more information! The other staff that i dealt with after the check in were much more helpful though! Air con didn't work, mixed dorm was smelly and hot! Changed to a female dorm much nicer and with a working air con! Location is easy to find from main station

Ok for a stopover. Very very noisy at night with windows open. Close to train station.

Location is central to train station/city center but pretty dodgy, wouldn't venture out alone past evening time. Walking distance to historical center is good though so maybe fine for groups not solo travelers. Hostel itself made good effort to create social atmosphere with nightly events so partied every night. Pub crawl is good only IF you can make the most of the 1hr all you can drink. One major complaint though; no kitchen! Fridge and microwave but no sink or hobs so cooking not an option.

Great facilities and staff.

The hostel is close to a supermarket- there is one right next to the church "Santa Maria maggiore". There is a fridge in the "laundry room" and a microwave and an electric kettle. I liked the hostel even though the laundry room smelled like ... A laundry room - not the best place to eat:D but there is an other room where you can eat:) The staff was friendly. You should bring your own lock for a locker in the room.

• 19th Aug 2015

bathrooms could use a floor mat, beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, outlets a bit inconvenient for where your beds were depending on rooms, WiFi worked great in rooms, luggage storage is available but unsecured. front desk people were great. AC worked great.

An excellent place to stay with great facilities. The staff were very helpful. However, the surrounding area wasn't very safe. I wouldn't like to be travelling alone around this area.

Just a short walk from the train station and within walking distance of the colosseum too! This hostel is pretty faultless! The staff are fantastic and helpful, with a 24 hour reception. The rooms are well spaced out and feel very clean and tidy. This hostel is perfect for backpackers coming and going by train, and looking to stay somewhere cheap! The value for money is great as we have paid more for hostels that are nowhere near this standard. Good, happy atmosphere about the place.

photos are deceiving. lounge area is nice but the rooms are so basic. also this isn't a great hostel for finding people to go out with. Near station but rough area.

The hostel itself is clean with comfy dorm beds and good shower/toilet facilities. It's also very close to termini station. However it's on the 'dodgy' side of Termini, the streets are grimy and covered in graffiti with questionable people hanging around. We were told by others after we had stayed that it was in fact known as the dodgy side. I'm a confident person but wouldn't have felt confident walking around alone, or even with my friend at night.

All good. No complaints. Nice rooms good aircon.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

A good hostel to stay in for a few days although it's away from most things. At least a metro or bus ride if you don't want to be walking great distances. Handy luggage storage and Internet access and thy were helpful with the airport transfers!

Easy to find, location kind of sketchy around the night. If travelling in groups at night it is safe wouldn't recommend walking alone at night. Make sure to bring own bed sheet they don't wash it after each person it's just a simple wipe. The pub crawl was awesome would strongly recommend!

• 10th Aug 2015

The location was good for being near the train station but after it started getting dark going outside the hostel was uncomfortable. The elevator was scary and made noises, sometimes it never came. The lights in the hallway were out on my floor. Everything else made it an okay hostel. A nicer community room would've been nice.

Stayed here for 1 night as I needed to get a red eye flight. When I checked in I was extremely tired after a whole night of travelling and the staff member at reception ignored my check in and booking to talk to some maintenance worker for 10 minutes...then turned back to me. Not good customer service at all. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Another kind staff member printed off my boarding pass. Close to Termini station. I would stay here again.

This was a great hostel. The staff was very polite and helpful. The location is excellent and very close to everything. I felt like my belongings were secure in the room. The Wi-Fi is slow but honestly I think that is the case everywhere in Rome. We arrived early and checked out early, and they let us stow our bags both times, which was really nice and helped us out a lot. I would stay there again.

• 9th Aug 2015

This hostel is an example to all others of how little it takes to get an excellent in every category. It doesn't seem it cost a lot to the hostel to make the basics available to everyone. I really enjoyed the very helpful staff and the private bathroom in the room, the laundry room also. Can't complain about anything.

Really enjoyed staying.. Really clean! Helpful staff, 5 minute walk from main train station

• 8th Aug 2015

close to train station but location is scruffy. hostel no atmosphere no bar etc. showers were terrible. if i was to come back to rome i would stay at yellow hostel

Limited kitchen facilities. I thought there was a proper kitchen, but was not informed otherwise of any important information on check in. There was also a limited common area, which meant if it was full, you couldn't sit down etc. I ate my dinner in my room! Apart from that, the location is good, price is good, rooms are spacious, bathrooms ensuite are good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7