Four Seasons Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

This hostel its very nice, they have everything, kitchen, laundry, wi-fi. I stayed in another hostel, which was more expensive and they didn't have kitchen, laundry and the reception it's in another building. The staff are nice, very friendly and helpful, the room is spacious and they have many bathrooms. They have a place to put your luggage till the check in time. This hostel is near Termini station and the streets are very iluminated and lots of restaurants nearby. I love it!

Clean and simple. Showers ran very hot or very cold. Rooms were large and had aircon but the wifi was terrible!! There isn't much of an atmosphere but was ideal for us as we were more interested in visiting the sights which were super close by. The colosseum was literally 2 minutes away. Comfortable beds and staff were helpful. Doors were a bit dodgy though! It could be hard to get into the rooms but overall, an enjoyable stay.

Had a wonderful 1 night stay here. Met some nice people from my dorm room but didn't spend much time here as I was exploring the sites of Rome. Warm showers, fast wifi and a comfortable bed was great. Location is very close to the Termini Station and metro lines.

great place to stay

Excellent location, excellent hostel

• 27th Jul 2015

The staff of the hostel moved not only me but almost all the guess in the hostel on a nightly basis to different rooms. There excuse was that we only reserve a typology of room and not an actual bed.I explained to them that my booking was for a check out on a certain day and a check in not having to chick out and in every single day of my stay. Their reply was that they were sorry i felt that way and nothing to assist me with the inconvenience they put everyone through. Horrible Staff.

Clean hostel close to the train station. I wouldn't recommend the pub crawl very unorganised. I was happy with our stay except we booked to stay in a 6 bed dorm and both nights 7th bed was added with someone sleeping in which is unfair when you've booked, paid and agreed to stay in a 6 bed room just because it's peak season they fill all the rooms over capacity just to make more money! If your adding more people to the room there should be a discounted rate, Or at least ask if you mind!

When I had booked, I had booked 8 beds in a mixed dorm and your website indicated that this would be one room. This wasn't the case and our party was split across 2 rooms. Whilst I appreciate that the 2 times we were staying was only one night, it was a family party and it seemed no effort was made to accommodate that - it was disappointing, especially when some of our party were a little younger. Other than that though, I thought the hostel was very good and wold recommend it to people.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was hard to find because the only sign outside says "Downtown Hostel". When I arrived I had no pillow, I asked at reception and was told someone else in my room probably took it, and there were no extras. Like he expected me to wake everyone up at midnight to ask who took my pillow. Also woke up to find everyone else had bottom sheets on their bed and I wasn't given one so I spent a night sleeping on a feral mattress with no sheet, no pillow. Bathroom lights didn't work. Air con was good!

Would recommend! My only concern was with the bathrooms. I saw cleaning staff several times during the day, so I know they were being cleaned but the bathrooms always seemed dirty. Hooks or shelves would be helpful to rest personal belongings while using the bathroom or shower. The hostel is very close to Termini Train Station and about 15 min walk to get into a more central area of the city. The staff were helpful and attentive.

Only stayed one night, but seemed like a pretty good place. Would stay again. But expensive, but so is everywhere in rome

I really appreciated they let me hang out in the common room all afternoon after I'd checked out, I was too tired to do any more sightseeing! The wifi was great and there were small lockers (no locks) in the room. It's very conveniently close to Termini, although I feel like this side of Termini is a bit sketchy. The shower was either cold it freezing which wasn't fun. I really appreciated the air con in the room!

Excellently located hostel 2mins walk from termini, lovely comfortable clean rooms and an all round good choice of hostel.

• 17th Jul 2015

crowd seemed a bit young but maybe it was just he days i was there. airconditioning would cut off half way through the night. you had to hold down a button in the shower for the water to keep going so it was a bit annoying to take a shower if you're a female and are trying to wash your hair. wasn't terrible if you just need a night somewhere because its super close to the train station and it had an elevator.

The bathrooms were pretty dirty at all times and smelt like urine. The kitchen only consisted of a microwave and fridge, no where available to prepare meals. Staff were nice though!

Was a standard hostel but lacked kitchen facilities (only had a microwave, fridge asda kettle). Staff were always nice and helpful and we met some wine night (although wine was sadly limited). It was close to the colosseum and termini meaning the metro was handy but was a good but away from the nightlife of Rome. Key card entry and lockers meant safety wasn't an issue and the dorms themselves were spacious and well air conditioned.

The hostel is very close to the train stations but further than we thought away from the main sights so we had to do a lot of walking. We were staying on the fifth floor and that meant we had to climb 10 flights of stairs with heavy rucksacks as the lift did not work. We had two power cuts during our stay which meant we had no air conditioning for two nights (36 degree heat throughout the night!!). the kitchen only consists of a kettle and a microwave with no utensils or cutlery.

It says there is a kitchen but there is only a fridge and a microwave. Its very hard to find as its in a building with 3 other hostels. However we loved our stay here, the room was clean and spacious and the hostel from the inside looks more like a fancy hotel! There were a few electricity problems (theres not a problem with the hostel, it was just one of those things) which was handled quickly and professionally. All the staff were pleasent and friendly, even at 2am :)

The hostel is located in one of worst parts of town, I've heard this from local residents. As a solo female, I did not feel comfortable walking around there after dark. The hostel was not social at all. I made friends from there only after they mentioned another hostel bar that they would head to. The room was clean and the bathroom excellent. It is conveniently located near the train station. I would recommend this hostel to sleep only and shower only. Don't drink the wine!!!

Everything was perfect!!