Four Seasons Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

During my holiday in Rome I stayed in 3 different hostels. I would say this isthe best hostel out of them. And it was better than the hostels in Milan and florence. I would advice other travellers to stay there:)

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

Comparatively this hostel was a bit pricey, but I did stay over Easter weekend. Breakfast was not included for how much it was, but we did get Wifi in the room. The cleanliness and general atmosphere were quite nice, but the best part was probably the location as it was very close to Termini station (and thus the metro) and one of the main roads Via Cavour. I stayed in an 8 person mixed gender dorm and even as a girl felt safe, the guests I met were very respectful and good conversation.

the four seasons hostel is a disgusting place in Rome. There a bed bugs all over the place which hit me really bad. I have about 20 bites and after 5 days it's still itchy. cannot recommend this place at all...

very kind staff

The hostel is in a pretty sketchy part of Rome as it is just south of the train station. My sister and I stayed in the nights we were there because we didn't feel safe walking to the metro alone. Also all the major sights are at least a half hour walk away and the bars are even further but the metro is good.

The hostel is in a pretty rough part of town as it is south of the train station. My sister and I didn't even go out at night because we felt unsafe walking around after dark. Also, the hostel is not as close to the major sites as it says it is. It's probably a good 30 minute walk to any of them if not more but the metros are good. The bars are really far but, if you're not opposed to paying for a pub crawl, it makes it more convenient.

The lights in the bathroom would turn off while in the shower because the motion sensor couldn't sense you. Also, the wifi was very slow. I was unable to make any skype calls.

Brand new hostel. It is the nicest hostel ive stayed in and I've been traveling Europe for the past 8 months.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Japan

The location is very good, useful if you have to travel by train or bus because it is close to the station. The staff are very organized and free WIFI. Rooms clean and confortable. Recommended

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

friendly, helpful and attentive staff members cleanliness private and clean bathrooms information brochures at hand for visitors Looking forward to using this hostel later this year!

• 6th Apr 2014

I had bugs in my bed but I was told I was mistaken, the bedding was changed though... the area around requires attention after dark, mainly if you travel alone as I was. It works out for a brief stay.

The same night as they wedged 9 beds in our 8 bed room, my boyfriend and I discovered fleas in both our beds. When I went to the front desk to report this, the man looked at me and said "what do you want me to do about it?" When I talked him into giving me new sheets (since he wouldn't change our beds since it would have required an upgrade), he threw them at me and said "no bed bugs." So, I'll be sure to include that in my reviews--no bed bugs, only fleas and a horrible staff.

Nice people. Friendly. They like to tell you about Rome and the places to go to. Nearby metro and colosseum. I didn't like the bed bugs.

• 31st Mar 2014

Is positioned great just at night sometimes when walking home at night you feel a bit unsafe as the street is quite dark. A bit hard to find as it the sign outside says downtown hostel and you don't actually realise until you look at the plaque on the door that the four seasons hostel is in the same building. Also on arrival there's a city tax which we were unaware of for us it was €2 a night but I noticed it differed for other people not too sure why. But overall great place.

Co-ed bathrooms, but they were all private stalls and extremely clean. Bring your own lock and towel as they were not included. The internet was out for one day, so that made it rather hard for us to find directions, but the front desk employee allowed us to use his computer. They front desk also will make any calls to set up reservations at restaurants or taxi trips.

This is very close to the Termini - seriously, you can see it from the hostel. It's not the most central, but there's a lot of really interesting stuff within walking distance (Forum/Colosseum is 15-20 minutes away), and there's a metro stop at the Termini if you need to go any farther. The area isn't the nicest, but we didn't have any troubles. Lots of restaurants nearby. Not much of a common room, but the rooms are pretty comfortable to hang out in, and the ensuite bathroom was quite nice.

The whole hostel was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the security throughout was excellent. It all looked very new and modern. Location was excellent, 2 minutes walk from main station.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Great value and location for your money. It's near the train station so the surrounding area can get a little sketchy at night if you're on your own but the convenience of being right near the metro and express bus lines is absolutely worth it. Tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The only thing is if your card isn't in the wall slot the lights shut off when you're in the shower, hopefully they rewire that because I felt it was a safety problem.

Really good location close to main train station, and all the sights. Many other hotels and restaurants close by. Staff were really good and helpful. Other reviews say about lack of kitchen, but useful microwave and kettle, so sorted for cup of tea etc and staff would give out free cups and cutlery

My stay was perfect (they had nice beds, computers with internet, couches and tv, etc) if not for the bedbugs I got on my last night.