Four Seasons Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The hostel is in a pretty sketchy part of Rome as it is just south of the train station. My sister and I stayed in the nights we were there because we didn't feel safe walking to the metro alone. Also all the major sights are at least a half hour walk away and the bars are even further but the metro is good.

• 14th Apr 2014

The lights in the bathroom would turn off while in the shower because the motion sensor couldn't sense you. Also, the wifi was very slow. I was unable to make any skype calls.

The location is very good, useful if you have to travel by train or bus because it is close to the station. The staff are very organized and free WIFI. Rooms clean and confortable. Recommended

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

friendly, helpful and attentive staff members cleanliness private and clean bathrooms information brochures at hand for visitors Looking forward to using this hostel later this year!

• 6th Apr 2014

The same night as they wedged 9 beds in our 8 bed room, my boyfriend and I discovered fleas in both our beds. When I went to the front desk to report this, the man looked at me and said "what do you want me to do about it?" When I talked him into giving me new sheets (since he wouldn't change our beds since it would have required an upgrade), he threw them at me and said "no bed bugs." So, I'll be sure to include that in my reviews--no bed bugs, only fleas and a horrible staff.

Nice people. Friendly. They like to tell you about Rome and the places to go to. Nearby metro and colosseum. I didn't like the bed bugs.

• 31st Mar 2014

Is positioned great just at night sometimes when walking home at night you feel a bit unsafe as the street is quite dark. A bit hard to find as it the sign outside says downtown hostel and you don't actually realise until you look at the plaque on the door that the four seasons hostel is in the same building. Also on arrival there's a city tax which we were unaware of for us it was €2 a night but I noticed it differed for other people not too sure why. But overall great place.

Co-ed bathrooms, but they were all private stalls and extremely clean. Bring your own lock and towel as they were not included. The internet was out for one day, so that made it rather hard for us to find directions, but the front desk employee allowed us to use his computer. They front desk also will make any calls to set up reservations at restaurants or taxi trips.

This is very close to the Termini - seriously, you can see it from the hostel. It's not the most central, but there's a lot of really interesting stuff within walking distance (Forum/Colosseum is 15-20 minutes away), and there's a metro stop at the Termini if you need to go any farther. The area isn't the nicest, but we didn't have any troubles. Lots of restaurants nearby. Not much of a common room, but the rooms are pretty comfortable to hang out in, and the ensuite bathroom was quite nice.

The whole hostel was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the security throughout was excellent. It all looked very new and modern. Location was excellent, 2 minutes walk from main station.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Great value and location for your money. It's near the train station so the surrounding area can get a little sketchy at night if you're on your own but the convenience of being right near the metro and express bus lines is absolutely worth it. Tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The only thing is if your card isn't in the wall slot the lights shut off when you're in the shower, hopefully they rewire that because I felt it was a safety problem.

Really good location close to main train station, and all the sights. Many other hotels and restaurants close by. Staff were really good and helpful. Other reviews say about lack of kitchen, but useful microwave and kettle, so sorted for cup of tea etc and staff would give out free cups and cutlery

My stay was perfect (they had nice beds, computers with internet, couches and tv, etc) if not for the bedbugs I got on my last night.

Very close to the train station and metro. The best part was their luggage check. You couldn't check in till 2 or 3 pm, but they would lock your luggage up for you. Worked out great for us since our train got in very early. The staff was very kind and the rooms very spacious. The bathroom lights are motion censored and turned off while I was in the shower. That was the only negative experience I had there.

I slept in a female dormitory for 6 people and it was't bad. But I think the staff should put a number on each bed and check who sleep in which bed. When I came back after dinner, another girl was sleeping in the bed I took. I went out soon after leaving my luggage near the bed so I didn't touch it. Anyway I moved to another empty bed, but another girl who came back later told me that it was hers and she had already slept there for nights. It was a small problem but I felt uneasy.

This hostel was perfect! Great location and amazing people, who stayed there. Made so many new friends during my stay in Rome. Though, some toiletts didn't work and the cleaning lady was really bitchy. That was probably the two only negative things, everything else was perfect. Would love to go back to Rome and stay in this hostel again. Two thumbs up!

The hostel in general is very good, very clean. But they don't have kitchen and it's very expensive.

• 19th Feb 2014

I was impressed about the security. You have to buzz in and give your room number. Location was perfect. The rooms clean and the staff very nice and helpful.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great Hostel. Location was perfect and rooms and hospitality excellent. Great Value

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Great Location. Excellent staff. Rooms clean and big.

• 17th Feb 2014