Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Awesome staff and atmosphere. If you're looking to experience nightlife on the island of Ios, this is it. Everyone predrinks and goes out together. They always have stuff going on. Free shuttle bus pickup and drop off from the port. Just make sure you spend the extra couple dollars for an ensuite because rooms on main floor share two washrooms.

Amazing view and great atmosphere. The showers are ridiculous though, especially if you're living in a multi-person dorm. You are basically using the equivalent of a sink

Really enjoyed my stay at Francesco's. The staff was incredible and super friendly. The dorm rooms were nice as they were spacious and weren't bunk beds.. The hostel organized essentially a bar Crawl each night which was a great way to meet other travelers. They also provide port pickup and drop off services free of charge. One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in!

The hostel staff was incredible. It's easy to see that they truly care about the people staying at their hostel and they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and are enjoying your stay to the max. I will definitely be back one day!

• 9th May 2015

I see why this is the best rated hostel in Greece. The location is spot on with magnificent view and sunset. The worst things were that the staff was maybe a little over-helpful and their computer actually doesn't work due to a browser virus of some sort. Also they have no kitchen for the free use of customers.

I went in the low season which is fine with me cause it was near the end of a long trip. Alex still showed me a good time and got us into what action there was to be had. The rest of the staff is really friendly and they all have a tight knit community on Ios. I'll definitely return for the busy season some time.

• 21st Apr 2015

Loved Franseco's. Amazing location in the centre of the town, with great hilltop views. Rooms are also very clean and the space was a bit more updated. Staff/Francesco's family was wonderful and super nice. No lockers in the room. And it was off season so hostel was quiet and I got a room to myself. Will definitely be back.