Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Nice staff and amazing views!

Very impressed with the staff, facilities and atmosphere. Also an excellent location for getting the bus to the main beach or going to town in the evening. Beautiful views from the pool and bar area. Hostel is run really efficiently. Also appreciated the little touches such as the cool glass on water on arrival. Only criticism would be the beds were a bit lumpy/spring but completely forgivable based on the rest of our experience staying at Francesco's.

I absolutely loved the hostel...its beautiful, clean, and super close to the bar area. If you want to day party you head down to Far Out but at night being at Francesco's is great because everyone drinks together in the bar area then goes to the bar all together so you meet everyone staying there. A lot of people also hang out by the pool during the day. The view of Ios from Francesco's is amazing and the staff are very accommodating...I was alone and they always made sure I felt comfortable!

The staff at Francesco's were amazing and the view from up was equally awesome. The only downfall was the Wifi only worked in one specific area down at the bar but other than that we wiill definitely be staying there again when we return!!

If you're going to Ios you should definitely stay at Francesco's! We extended our stay from 3 to 8 nights... That pretty says it all! The hospitality there is so good and all the shops, restaurants and clubs are just around the corner! Will definitely return next year.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Perfect! we had the best stay at this hostel! It was very clean and quite calm for that kind of place, full of young people (like us). Very close to bars, cultural places etc. Definitely a place to recommend!

I had a lot of fun at this hostel. If you're looking to party this hostel is great. Decent prices at the bar to start the night before heading to the bars. If you're looking for a quiet time then this probably isn't for you. My four bed dorm was right near the bar so didn't get quiet until they closed, which was about 12.30. The bathrooms can get pretty dirty I noticed when people had had too much to drink. However they were cleaned regularly through the day and evening by the staff.

We stayed in a 3 bed private room with ensuite- the room was clean and had a large balcony. Great to enjoy the ios sunsets! This place has a pool but its quite small so we didn't bother swimming here and preferred to get the bus to the beach. Good atmosphere here and great location- stumbling distance to/from all the best bars and restaurants in ios!

Great location in terms of being close to the bars but a lot farther from the beach though! Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. we stayed in a room right by the common area though and had to use the bathrooms which seemed also for everyone in the common area which was kind of weird/.Pool area and view of ios from the pool was amazing!

Loved staying at Francesco's! Thank you Maria, Francesco and Elizabeth! You made my stay more enjoyable :) As I said, I will definitely be returning with my sister when I come back to Greece! Efxaristo para poli Zoe from Adelaide

Rooms very hot in the night. Mattresses were terrible, never seen anything as bad

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Francesco is amazing, this hostel is amazing. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. The room was clean and had a decent amount of space. The staff were always willing to help. People we met here were friendly. The pool is great for nursing a hangover. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

I never bother doing one of these reviews but in this case I feel I have too. This is hands down the best place I have stayed in Europe. Francesco and his family are lovely and they make you feel like part of their family too (not just a number like other places). You are so close to the clubs and the night life it ridiculous and the hangover breakfast they do at their restaurant is amazing. It's a shame I was only their for four days, but will definitely be going back next year.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great, friendly staff. Location is excellent. All in all a great hostel. Francesco is a boss.

• 1st Aug 2014

Fancesco's is definitely the place to stay in Ios on got my first and last night's there but had the time of my life for only a two night stay. Better than anywhere else staff are wonderful. Nice and close to everywhere easy to get to, excellent atmosphere Thanks so much Francesco's you will be seeing me back next year.

• 31st Jul 2014

Lots of fun. The staff was so helpful. Wish we could have had wifi in our rooms but easier to meet people in the cafe area.

• 31st Jul 2014

Francesco is a Lord. Location is perfect for going out. Better than staying on the far out side. Ask for some of francescos rakia, it's a night turner.

Amazing. Located right next to clubs in ios and the staff genuinely took care of you. Amazing experience!!

Great place to stay! We were upgraded to our own private room near the pool which was so lovely the staff really took care of us :) only bad thing was there was no wifi in the rooms and could be slow at times and the pool was warm but apart from that the view was amazing, clean rooms and great atmosphere

Best hostel experience I had! Extremely organised and friendly, helpful staff. The location is amazing and the view is the best in IOS. Doesn't feel like a hostel if you get a private room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4