Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Alex was tremendous at bag carrying and was very helpful and great to party with. Loyd appeared to be over worked and the bar boy performed exceptionally well and Elizabeth the cat was adorable. Stay was amazing! We will be back.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Amazing staff, great location, pickups from ferries were handy

No wifi in the rooms and wifi in communal area was poor.

• 30th Jun 2015

Loved staying here ! Wonderful owners and staff and lovely location

• 30th Jun 2015

Probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Such lovely clean rooms, an amazing outside bar and pool with a really communal atmosphere, beautiful views, helpful staff and just around the corner from all of the bars and clubs :) unfortunately no cooking facilities at all which is a shame as eating is quite expensive. Such an amazing place though!

Atmosphere: couldn't have been better. full of cool people that want to live it up for a few days, or weeks. Staff: great, friendly, professional, Francesco is the man, Elizabeth is a Goddess. Rooms: a little old, uncomfortable beds, no wifi, but who cares, you're there to pass out at 7am. Location: easy walk to far out beach club to party during the day, right in the middle of the bars to stumble home at night. views from the hostel are absolutely resplendent.

I think this hostel has the best atmosphere and location in central Ios. But after staying and working at hostels for the last ten months, without doubt the worst staff. Rude,unwelcoming, unprofessional. I asked to extend my stay, was told it was booked in, nothing was done. Left me wandering around Ios in the heat, finding any hostel that had any availability at the last minute. Thankfully Lloyd and Alex were there to show how to properly treat customers.

Hi.First of all before you arrived you emailed us looking for work. We did not have work for you as you did not have a EU passport. Once you were here a few days it was obvious you were working for a outside bar promoting it here, for which you had been told prior that we do not allow staff to stay here as it is our hotel policy. This is why we did not extend your stay. So on your check out we showed you where the other hostels with dorms you can stay right in the main village.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Great location, amazing staff and value for money. I was so impressed with how clean everything was and the rooms were basic but great for what you pay. l will definitely be staying there again!

Literally perfect, if you want to go out, if you don't, don't go to Ios.

This hostel truly is one of the best places in the whole of Greece with the friendliest staff and a beautiful view! I would definitely recommend staying at Francesco's!

a friend and myself spent four nights in iOS at this hostel and we had the best time , everyone at the hostel was friendly and outgoing. The location in the town makes it way better for when you are out at night, only a short five minute walk back to your room, no stumbling down to catch the bus back to the beach or somwhere else. The pool and bar area overlooked the port and ocean from up the village hill and it was a great view to wake up to

• 24th Jun 2015

The single most amazing hostel I have been to.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Outstanding hostel! We will be back!

• 20th Jun 2015

Best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed at. If you want to party in Ios, this is the place to stay. It's quite a hike up to the hostel but it is more than compensated by the terrific views.

Hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It's location is great for the nightlife but remains quite for those u need a night in. The pool is a saviour during the daytime temperatures. And old francessco himself is a legend. Always down for a good time and very friendly.

Staff is wonderful, atmosphere is the best in Ios. Super clean rooms, super fun parties, we loved it!!! Prepare your liver ;)

A great hostel you want to party- which is what most people come to Ios to do. The staff help to get everyone mingling and involved and then take you out to the bars. Very good location but the showers were small and not all that comfortable to use. The rooms were very basic and although you could put stuff in a security deposit box at reception there weren't lockers for other valuables. Overall a good hostel though!

The best hostel I have stayed in Europe, Francesco, Maria and Elizabeth are wonderful hosts. The location of the hostel and the view from the rooms is amazing. I returned 3 times during my trip and Alex was waiting at the port for my pick up which made my arrival very comfortable. I cannot wait to return to Francescos next year. Totally recommended!

Francescos makes you feel welcome and secure, situated in a beautiful greek area, allows for partying and having a quieter time if you want, the family that run it make you feel like you are part of the family, it attracts great people. Perfect hostel. Guests tend to be basically all USA, canada and australia (and swedish some of the time) other nationalities are a minority. But its AMAZING

• 12th Jun 2015