Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Great hostel if your looking for a good days sleep after a long night of partying. A little far from the beach but close to the clubs. Nice pool area

Really enjoyed Francesco's, incredible view from the bar and pool! Great party place

IOS you beauty. Francesco's has been by far the best place I've stayed at on my Europe trip. The staff was beautiful. The atmosphere was incredible. Free shots before we go out and a complimentary bar crawl on arrival. 2 minute walk into the best nightclubs and bars. It was a fantastic stay. The rooms were clean and standard but we never wanted to spend any time in them because we were having too much fun with the staff and people we had met at the hostel. The pool was a bonus and I reccomend

• 9th Jul 2015

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌😭😭😚😚😚😚😚😚

• 8th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our time at this hostel! It was great for meeting people, has a really nice pool, and great location situated near all the bars and restaurants. The hostel provided free pick up and drop off from the port and also free welcome shots! The owner, Francesco, is so sweet and tried to help me find a swimsuit I lost. We wish we booked well in advance for a private room, because the public bathroom was not very nice. Also the hostel is on a hill so keep in mind for luggage.

Amazing place to stay close to all the bars. Felt like I wa sstaying in a little villa. Staff very friendly lots of people and very clean ! Did not disappoint

Great atmosphere. Great for solo traveller to meet with others. Would definitely stay again!

Loved Francesco's, could have stayed longer. Rooftop pool and bar area very chill, good vibe. Party atmosphere at night was great (cheers for the welcome shots). Reception was so great helping us when we stuffed up our ferry. Cheers guys, we had a fab time - y'all are great.

• 6th Jul 2015

Best place ever! I loved my time at Francesco's, great staff, atmosphere, location, comfortable rooms, the bar has cheap drinks and every night you go out with a group. Awesome place for solo travellers. I was staying in the room right near the patio where they play music and drinking games and it wasn't loud in my room either. Thanks again I will be back!! :)

Alex was tremendous at bag carrying and was very helpful and great to party with. Loyd appeared to be over worked and the bar boy performed exceptionally well and Elizabeth the cat was adorable. Stay was amazing! We will be back.

Amazing staff, great location, pickups from ferries were handy

Definitely would recommend to anyone travelling to Ios! Amazing location with great views of the port. We were upgraded from a 4 bed mixed dorm to a 2 bed private room for no charge. Very close to all the best bars and clubs in the city! Only downside was the wifi being cut off at midnight and the beds were not the greatest.

No wifi in the rooms and wifi in communal area was poor.

Loved staying here ! Wonderful owners and staff and lovely location

• 30th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel even better than some hotels. Very clean. Great location. Amazing price. Kind staff. We had our own room with a balcony overlooking the sea which was beyond beautiful. However, it is a hostel so it will be loud so you need to be ok with that to stay here. For me it was fine. Noise doesn't bother me and I would stay here again.

absolutely amazing

Probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Such lovely clean rooms, an amazing outside bar and pool with a really communal atmosphere, beautiful views, helpful staff and just around the corner from all of the bars and clubs :) unfortunately no cooking facilities at all which is a shame as eating is quite expensive. Such an amazing place though!

Atmosphere: couldn't have been better. full of cool people that want to live it up for a few days, or weeks. Staff: great, friendly, professional, Francesco is the man, Elizabeth is a Goddess. Rooms: a little old, uncomfortable beds, no wifi, but who cares, you're there to pass out at 7am. Location: easy walk to far out beach club to party during the day, right in the middle of the bars to stumble home at night. views from the hostel are absolutely resplendent.

I think this hostel has the best atmosphere and location in central Ios. But after staying and working at hostels for the last ten months, without doubt the worst staff. Rude,unwelcoming, unprofessional. I asked to extend my stay, was told it was booked in, nothing was done. Left me wandering around Ios in the heat, finding any hostel that had any availability at the last minute. Thankfully Lloyd and Alex were there to show how to properly treat customers.

Hi.First of all before you arrived you emailed us looking for work. We did not have work for you as you did not have a EU passport. Once you were here a few days it was obvious you were working for a outside bar promoting it here, for which you had been told prior that we do not allow staff to stay here as it is our hotel policy. This is why we did not extend your stay. So on your check out we showed you where the other hostels with dorms you can stay right in the main village.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Great location, amazing staff and value for money. I was so impressed with how clean everything was and the rooms were basic but great for what you pay. l will definitely be staying there again!