Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Francesco's is an awesome hostel. They staff are helpful and friendly and the place is always kept in pristine condition.

I came to francescos for 3 nights and ended up staying for 7. I cancelled 2 ferries and had the time of my life doing it. This is the best hostel I have stayed at, no competition.

• 4th Sep 2013

I partied too hard before coming to Ios and so had pneumonia whilst being there. Consequently I was pretty bed ridden for my stay - but I was in a nice private room with friends so this wasn't too bad! What stands out is the staff. They were very helpful and one woman in particular was very motherly. Kept checking up on me to make sure I was feeling okay - even gave me free ice cream and fruit! It's these little things that made my day when I was feeling miserably ill.

Booked 3 nights but stayed 8 because it was so much fun. Awesome, awesome staff and the hostel attracted an incredible group of like-minded travelers which made it even better. Free welcome shots at 1030 every night and the group heads to Blue Note around 1215 so you have something going on each night. Easy bus ride to the beach if you want to relax, otherwise it's a 2min walk to all the bars. Great sunset and pool! Thanks Francesco and your team for a great time in Ios. Yamas!

If you're going to Ios and you want a good time, Francescos is the only place to stay. The staff are so friendly and there's such a great social atmosphere. It's right in the centre of the town so in close proximity to all the action. Definitely a younger vibe, but you can still get a good nights sleep if needed.

• 28th Aug 2013

The staff was super nice and friendly. Julie & Alex were awesome and super helpful. We had a transfer to pick us up from the airport which was good. At 10:30 pm the reception gives away free shots every night. I happened to spend my birthday there and they made it an AMAZING experience. The location is perfect and a bus ride away from Far Out. Overall it was the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in and would definitely reccomend it to anyone else. Ios is amazing, prepare yourself for the drinking.

Friendly staff. They have free transfer from/to port (it is great!). One free shot per night. Good to make new friends. The only bad thing is the shower for mixed rooms (but is works).

Loved this place! Perfect location around all the restaurants and bars. Close to the bus stop to get down to Far Out Beach for parties during the day. The fun atmosphere around the hostel is great and the staff organise social gatherings every night. Awesome for meeting new people. If 'm every back in Ios I will definitely stay here again.

The hostel is super well run! It´s very clean, on a beautiful mountainside looking down at the port. The staff are great especially an older woman named Maria who is super loving. The young girls at the reception are also really sweet and fun. I´d suggest making the pool a bit colder as it was pretty warm! It IS a party hostel with a younger crowd/primarily only English speakers so keep that in mind! Come to this island and hostel for R&R, not for sightseeing!

Francesco's was an amazing place to stay in Ios! It is a short walk to all of the bars and restaurants so is very convenient. There was a free shuttle from the port which gave us lots of info during the drive. Welcome shots every night were good and having the pool was nice during the day. Our room was very nice, no bunk beds, bathroom, air conditioning, and a little kitchenette. Would definitely stay here again. Wifi only works on the terrace but its right by all the rooms so it wasn't an issue

Great location view was excellent really enjoyed our stay here, the only thing was the shower wasn't that great, but I would recommend this hostel :)

I loved my stay at Francesco's great location and atmosphere with cheap breakfast and drinks. Our room was basic with everything you needed. Francesco himself is so lovely only annoying thing was there wasn't a laundry at the hostel or wifi in the rooms. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff were great and very friendly. The hostel is located close to the nightlife - very easy to get home. It has a great view and a nice bar which also serves breakfast. Good atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like was that the pool is too warm and very green - I didn't want to swim in it which was a shame as it's a bus ride down to the beach. The pool area in general though is good - you can order drinks at the bar and take them out and there are plenty of sun beds for all the guests.

You can't bring your own beverage to drink at the bar or common areas.

Cool hostel, great view. A good place to meet people for a solo traveller. The only issue was the lack of bathrooms/showers.

Very good

• 17th Aug 2013

The property consists of a few buildings. We were placed in one that was below the main facility (where all the action takes place, bar, pool, etc). To go to these places we had to trek up a steep hill which became quite annoying. There was a cockroach in our room one day. For the money, it's not worth staying here unless you're Australian (predominately the crowd) or they place you at the main facility. Extremely nice staff. Alex is awesome!

• 17th Aug 2013

We apologise if you did not fully enjoy your stay with us which you extended. As you mentioned, we have seven different buildings. We do not allocate rooms by nationality but by which rooms are available on the day of arrival. Others also had rooms higher up in other buildings as we are located in the old part of the village which unfortunately is on a hill. We are happy that you thought the staff were nice, friendly and helpful.

staff and atmosphere amaZing! However disappointed with the owners refusal to kick out a certain few guests causing a lot of trouble! He went against the staff and customers Suggestions n kept them for the sake of a few extra dollars!

Great hostel!! Fantastic rooms, great air conditioning, location and atmosphere. I also really appreciate the pick up/drop off service offered by the hostel.

Great staff, rooms were very clean, fun place to hang out and party! great place to meet fellow travelers. No complaints about this hostel

• 14th Aug 2013