Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Overall quite a reasonable hostel. No wifi in my room, although on the plus side I was given a better room than I had booked. Another downside was that my room was in a separate building that was a mission to find the first few times!

Really enjoyed our stay here, we had a twin private room and it was lovely and quiet. I loved the party atmosphere down at the bar and how they encouraged everyone to go out. We had a great night out and the staff were really helpful and very pleasant, the pool looked lovely too!

A good location with most things you need however most staff were not very helpful. I asked for a glass of coke with ice at the bar and was not allowed to have it as a staff member thought I'd take it to my room to mix with alcohol. I got woken at 7am by cleaning staff and once I was up chatting to a friend I was told to go back to bed. Bizarre. They turn off their wifi overnight, inconvenient. Their showers are merely a hose with no shower curtain. Unacceptable for 30 euro plus a night.

We apologise if you thought we were incompetent however some events did not occurred as stated. As our staff only begins work at 8 there is no way that they woke you up. It was in fact neighbours complaining about the noise levels in the early hours of the morning. Wifi must be turned off at night as a we cannot have people skyping all night also due to noise.In regards to the bar, your first request was for a glass with ice, then plastic cups to take to your room. Not to buy a coke.

The staff is awesome. I lost my wallet and moved to Mykonos, they were able to find it and send it to me in the ferry next day free of charge!!

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Staff are amazing! My friend lost her wallet and they had no dramas trying to help her locate it!

• 12th Aug 2013

Great place to stay to go out with people, no lockers in rooms and no kitchen facilities. Awesome place to stay and loved ios! Definitely recommend for Australians too!

• 10th Aug 2013

Best hostel in Europe that easy... Francesco is king of ios!;) it would be impossible not to have fun staying there

• 8th Aug 2013

Francesco's is an amazing place to stay! Perfect location, fantastic atmosphere! Francesco comes down for a drink every night with the crowd, alongside Judy who, without Francesco's wouldn't be the same. His wife and daughter are also great and look after everyone. Staff make an effort to socialize with everyone, know everyone by name and create a very social but homely feel. Without a doubt the best place to stay in iOS - not to mention the beautiful views from the bar terrace

Best hostel we have stayed at!! Perfect location, close to all night life and restaurants. Francesco himself is fantastic. Free shot on arrival and if you're lucky, a Francesco special cocktail on the house. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities are very clean. A great social and party atmosphere to kick off your night in Ios. The pool is an added bonus in the hot weather. Would definitely recommend staying here. We would love to come back one day

Great location right in the middle of the town (old village). The staff were really friendly and helpful. We stayed in a private double room with ensuite. The room was big, more like a hotel room and had a really good air conditioner, plenty of space with a wardrobe, drawers and cupboard etc. The bar was really good too. You can enjoy going out with people from the hostel or also escape to your room to relax. The pool looked nice too.

Simply awesome

• 7th Aug 2013

Francesco is the man! The place to stay when in iOS, close to everything and the crazy night life. Highly recommend!

Great stay, wonderful staff - thanks a bunch!

• 3rd Aug 2013

I loved to stay at Francesco's! The staff is really nice and the location is the best, like the landscape from the pool. Keep the welcome shot, it really makes a diference the way you do it, even if we became a little more deaf after Judy's vocal power :)

Loved this place and the staff are awesome

An amazing hostel located right in the center of Ios town. Amazing and friendly staff, beautiful views and awesome vibe. It is the only place to stay in Ios!

The reception staff at Francesco's are great! They helped us with organizing our utile accommodation at Mykonos as there was language barriers. But beware of the cleaning lady, she can be a bit scary!

View from the pool is purely breathtaking, something you'd expect out of a hotel not a hostel. Enviroment was splendid too, super inviting atmosphere that caters well to anyone traveling by themselves. From the second i walked into Francescos i felt welcome which sadly isn't that common in the hostel world these days. If you're going to Ios, stay at Frances's. You'll thank me later. Ps you can always ride the bus to Far Out and personally I enjoyed the party but wouldnt stay there.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Let's face it, if you're heading to Ios you're going there to party and Francesco's is the perfect place to do it. The hostel is run incredibly efficiently from the easy transfers to and from the port, super clean rooms and very friendly, helpful staff. There is an awesome pool area that overlooks the bay and the hostel is stumbling distance from all of the pubs and clubs. Francescos is very social yet if you do need a quiet night, it's not too noisy after a certain time. The best place to stay!

Francesco is an Ios experience, and is essential for someone who is looking to party hard. For me as a second timer, it is great to relive my previous great experience at Ios. Though next time, I will make sure to get the room with the sea view on the top floor. This minimizes the noise and allows me to get a better night sleep. Those rooms also tend to better lit and of nicer quality.