Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

Francesco's was the best hostel of our two month trip. From the moment we arrived in Ios we were well looked after, with a free transfer to and from the port, free upgrade from a 6 bed dorm to a 2 bed private room at no extra cost. The room was clean with air con and cleaning every two days. The bathroom facilities were shared but fine as there were at least 4 bathrooms for 6 rooms. Wifi only in public areas was ok. Drinks at 10pm were a good way to meet people. Overall a great experience!

Rooms very hot in the night. Mattresses were terrible, never seen anything as bad

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Francesco is amazing, this hostel is amazing. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. The room was clean and had a decent amount of space. The staff were always willing to help. People we met here were friendly. The pool is great for nursing a hangover. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

I never bother doing one of these reviews but in this case I feel I have too. This is hands down the best place I have stayed in Europe. Francesco and his family are lovely and they make you feel like part of their family too (not just a number like other places). You are so close to the clubs and the night life it ridiculous and the hangover breakfast they do at their restaurant is amazing. It's a shame I was only their for four days, but will definitely be going back next year.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great, friendly staff. Location is excellent. All in all a great hostel. Francesco is a boss.

• 1st Aug 2014

Fancesco's is definitely the place to stay in Ios on got my first and last night's there but had the time of my life for only a two night stay. Better than anywhere else staff are wonderful. Nice and close to everywhere easy to get to, excellent atmosphere Thanks so much Francesco's you will be seeing me back next year.

• 31st Jul 2014

Lots of fun. The staff was so helpful. Wish we could have had wifi in our rooms but easier to meet people in the cafe area.

• 31st Jul 2014

Francesco is a Lord. Location is perfect for going out. Better than staying on the far out side. Ask for some of francescos rakia, it's a night turner.

Amazing. Located right next to clubs in ios and the staff genuinely took care of you. Amazing experience!!

Great place to stay! We were upgraded to our own private room near the pool which was so lovely the staff really took care of us :) only bad thing was there was no wifi in the rooms and could be slow at times and the pool was warm but apart from that the view was amazing, clean rooms and great atmosphere

Best hostel experience I had! Extremely organised and friendly, helpful staff. The location is amazing and the view is the best in IOS. Doesn't feel like a hostel if you get a private room.

Francesco's was a lot of fun and in a perfect location for the nightlife that Ios has on offer. The views looking over the Port were an added extra.

• 23rd Jul 2014

there were a lot of unfair rules. As well there was mold on our ceiling and it felt like a prison cage.

If you are an Australian backpacker, stay here. It feels like home. Great location - right next to the clubs. Francesco is hilarious. Make sure you have a chat with him. Would definitely stay here again.

If your going to stay anywhere in Ios stay here! i loved it :)

This is a place for a very young crowd. That being said if you like to party and meet to people; this is the place to stay. Every night there are welcome shots and everyone gets together and go out together. It's is a short and easy bus ride to far out beach and since there is nothing to do on the beach at night this is the perfect sport to walk to restaurants, bars, and shops.

Favorite hostel we stayed at! Perfect for young people looking to meet and go out. Includes a pool, bar with free shots every night, tour guide to the clubs, and tons of people to meet. Food isn't great at the hostel, but plenty good food available close by. Wifi pretty spotty.

Had a wild and amazing stay here!! Best location, coolest people, in love with Ios!! Hope to be back!!!

Loved the personal approach that Francesco had as he personally greeted all of his guests. My friend and I had booked a dorm but he informed us that there were no beds left and asked if we would like a free upgrade to a private room, which we were more than happy to take! Would go back in a heartbeat!!

• 12th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my time there and the staff were very helpful and friendly, I definitely recommend staying here.