Francesco's Reviews

Francesco Plakiotis, Chora, Ios, Greece

We had a great time at Francesco's! Its location is perfect, nestled right where the nightlife is, ans has an amazing view for sunset and sunrise! The bathrooms were very basic and there were not enough in the dorm we stayed in, for the amount of people. But everything else was clean and you were able to lock valuables up at reception. The staff were probably the nicest I have encountered on my whole trip, and went out of their way to help us find accommondation for our next location.

Best place to stay in Ios and one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in, if not the best. The rooms plenty of space and always have hot water. There's a free shuttle to and from the port and they even put the bags in a ute so you don't have to carry them up some stairs. Close to the nightlife but far enough away that it's quiet, Alex gives you a mini tour when you get there so you know where everything is. Pool/view are awesome. Great atmosphere for travellers. Only neg wifi really slow.

Excellent location. Great staff - really lovely and helpful. Dorm bathrooms are not good enough!

Great place, very accommodating and friendly staff, awesome location. Second time i have stayed here and still highly recommend.

• 7th Jul 2014

We had a lot of fun staying at Francesco's. The staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is good. The location is one of the best things about the hostel. Super close to the centre and nightlife. The pool is also great, with an awesome view over Ios. A downside was that there is no wifi in the rooms.

Really close to the nightlife and really helpful staff! Have already stayed here twice and would gladly do so again :-)

terrible showers

Good location in town. Best place to stay on the island. Take bus to beach by day. Got free pickup from port. Wi-fi here not great.

Amazing hostel! Everyone at the hostel was so friendly and the hostel is very close to all the bars. Would highly recommend everyone to stay here!

For starters, Francesco is THE MAN! The hostel is definitely a party hostel and is located right beside all the bars and night clubs. Amazing little terrace bar with a great view. Good food right around the corner. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I can't wait to come back!

Francesco's is nothing short of legendary. There are no other words to describe it. The hostel is close to the nightlife but up the hill enough that you don't get disturbed by noise.

The best place you will stay in Europe!! The staff were so amazing and helpful. Could not have had a better stay. Value for money outstanding

One of my all-time favourite hostels. After 25 countries this year, that says a lot. The atmosphere is phenomenal. Everyone is wonderful. I could live in Ios forever. Head down to the beach in the afternoon, and then hang out at Francesco's during the evening; conveniently located and close to all the bars. But, also provides a quiet place to sleep when you finally get around to it ;)

This place is amazing but like everywhere, it has its pro's and cons. Pro's -Its location is right next to the main party location but far enough to be quite -The view is one of the best -Its clean and tidy and pool is very nice Cons: -They close the pool area at 7pm and you cannot even enter the area -You cannot drink your own alcohol anywhere on site -They turn off WIFI and remove all seating after about 11pm All in all I do recommend it though it doesn't live up to its hype

I thought the location was great, and most of the staff were awesome especially the driver making such an effort to pick me up late at night he was fantastic!

The best adjective I can use to describe Francesco's is cozy. Everyone from Elizabeth to Maria to Francesco to Alex made everyone feel like this place was a 2nd home. Accommodating in every aspect. I loved ios and when I go back one day, I want to stay here again! Much love, David

• 23rd Jun 2014

I travelled with two girls from Canada and we had the time of our lives at Francesco's. The staff are so unbelievably good to you that you that you feel right at home. We were so sad to leave and wanted to leave our next destination to go back. Would go back in a heart beat!!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel is one of the best i've seen in Europe! Perfect location, great service, very clean and unique atmosphere! You cannot visit Ios without staying at Francesco's :)

The hostel's atmosphere was wonderful. Although it was not very clean, and our washroom was disgusting, the location and party atmosphere make up for the hostel's hygienic shortcomings. I've recommended this hostel to all my friends. However, keep all your important belongings on you at all times (passport, money).

• 20th Jun 2014