Frangipani Living Arts Hotel and Spa Reviews

#15, Street 123, Toul Tom Pong I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Bit far out requiring a tuk tuk to river area where most of sites and the action is, but not doable for $1.5. Quite popular it seems with Western tour groups, so not an ideal place for meeting people but good if you are a couple. Excellent breakfast. Pool nice but very small. Overall a comfortable stay but will stay somewhere cheaper next time.

What a dump!! To be avoided!! Reception was friendly enough but as soon as the door to the room was opened the receptionist who showed us up immediately apologised for the dreadful smell. He said it was the wood in the fittings not cured properly. Someone then brought a tealight candle under some smelly oil to try to mask it. The real smell was from the drains in the bathroom however. I was afraid to take a shower for fear of what might come up the drain!! No other room available for 2 days!

Not what I expected, after reading details on the property I thought I had book what looked to be a great accomodation. I don't know who takes responsibility, but there was not security for passports and valuables. Not even on the front desk. Also when I checked out I was charged for the room twice. The reason being, because they had not received the deposit paid by my credit card two weeks prior. Yet it was debited from my account. I am not sure who is responsible? I feel it is Expedia Travel!!

• 2nd Nov 2013