Frankfurt Central Hostel im Gallus (Messe)

Good 144 Total Reviews
Good 144 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2017
5.4

Fine for a nights stay. Frankfurt itself doesn't have a lot to do from a traveller/tourist perspective. Staff were nice but slightly passive aggressive and not very helpful when there was a problem. We ended up having petty arguments with them over beds, wifi and using the washing machine.

• USA, Male, 25-30
1st Jul 2017
3.4

I received a late couchsurfing host approval so tried to cancel my visit. I was told I would be charged full price so I tried to respond saying to not cancel but I was on bad airport wifi and the message didn't go through. I went hoping to use the shower and wifi to contact my host but was met very rudely and not permitted in, even though they charged me full price. I cannot stress enough how rude the host was. Judging by that experience I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• lil_rob_yo7397
  • England, Male, 25-30
6.0

Money money money, everything involves just trying to empty your wallet the place was nice and clean but wifi(free for first device additional charges on others), lockers, sheets will cost you, laundry is expensive long walk from anything worth seeing not the worst, but neither is it the best.

• darreneclarke1736
  • England, Male, 18-24
5.1

Staff were friendly but you have to pay for a locker that's only big enough to fit valuables in, other than that there was no atmosphere and the location was out of the way and on the fifth floor above shops and not in the nicest neighbourhood.

6.3

The hostel is decent overall. Everything is clean, and security is good. It's a bit out of the way, but there's a tram stop in front of the hostel. There's also a grocery store directly below the hostel, and several restaurants along the street. The staff was rather rude, but they seem like decent people overall. Even still, it made the stay rather uncomfortable. Bathrooms are also cleaned from 10AM-noon, so if you're a night owl like me, this may not be ideal for you.

19th Jun 2017

I had a very pleasant stay here. The staff, a husband and wife, were very accommodating. They both spoke very good English, which was helpful when I couldn't remember my Deutsch. This hostel was very clean and had a welcoming atmosphere. It was located in a great neighborhood with lots of cafes and shops. It is close to all transportation needs. Thanks again Iman and Monica!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th May 2017
3.7

Staff was rude and unhelpful

25th Apr 2017

Cool place to stay for a few days. Clean and cozy, near to many restaurants and supermarkets. Easy access to the S Bahn. The only thing that bothered me a little was that I can hear too much noise from the other rooms.

24th Apr 2017

Good, clean hostel in a central position with friendly staff managed by a boss family. People in the hostel are ready to help guests if they have any problem.

• Morocco, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017
2.0

I had reserved in hostel world for 9 euros, but the hostel has cancelled the reservation before i get with my friend to frankfort !! Hostel world doesn't remboursed my 9 euros also so you are all in the game, I send this message to hostel world in order to rembourse me for the booking ref :70915-293495147. i didn't slept there and they have cancelled my reservation so, Hostel world should rembourse me !!