Frankfurt Hostel Reviews

Kaiserstrasse 74, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Too bad we had a thief in our room (but that's not the hostel's fault). Beware of the older guy in room 212 (he is there for a longer period he told us the day before) He stole the money out of 2 of our wallets while we were sleeping, was caught by another guy and than ran away to the bar. Staff member offered to call the police but since I was drunk and he wasn't I feared they would not believe me. He can be really glad I don't believe in "an eye for an eye" and we left his stuff untouched.

It was a good hostel that includes a nice breakfast buffet and pasta for dinner. The location is nice and you have a street market food just outside. There are not that many young travelers in the city tho. It's mainly a business destination..

Close to train station but in a unsafe neighbourhood (my sense), one female staff was quite unpleasant, but all others were very nice. Dinner and breakfast were good! The ensuite bathroom was really dirty, a girl in my room stole my pillow then came in at 4 in the morning and turned on the lights and made a bunch I noise, when I asked her turn the light off she said no! Can't use laundry machine during the day. Would NOT ever come back!

• 8th Nov 2014

The girl at the reception was very unfriendly and she didn't even bother to help me with anything. I was there during the Bahnstreik and without checking she just said that she was sure that there will be no trains or sbahn to the airport and that I'd have to call a cab and pay 50€ to get there. I found out myself that there were still trains going in the morning. She was just too lazy to check. Beds were so squeaky that I couldn't sleep all night. Bathroom was dirty. Only good thing is location

The WiFi in the lobby is really bad and my new sheets had a lot of hairs on them. The staff was really hepfull and the bathrooma were really clean, the best thing might be the location that is near the West train station.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Colombia

First night someone stole money, the second night we've arrived in the night and there were 11 people in the room instead of 10. The 11th person looked like he really didn't belong in the hostel and was totally drunk. Apart from that the hostelbar was very nice. Maybe we just ended in the wrong room at the wrong time.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Substantial breakfast included in price, free pasta dinner in evening was a bonus. Slightly old fashioned and spartan but this added character. Location is super about one minute to walk to the train station.

Perfect location, clean rooms, nice people and included breakfast and dinner! I recommend it

The place needs a good paint job to brighten it up. When it comes to staff some are very helpful others it comes across as a real effort to help and you have to ask more questions to get more information that they should have provided in the first place. Don't expect your fellow travelers who check in late at night to be quiet when they come into the room.

I really enjoyed my stay.The hostel is near the main train station and main attractions in Frankfurt. Friendly stuff, great location....

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Macedonia

Poor security at the front door, several people reported robberies during our stay, some unsavoury characters in the hostel. Free breakfast and wifi were good but free pasta was awful. Although cheap i have stayed at other fantastic secure hostels for the same price. I would not return.

Right out side the train station and close to many things! Free breaky and supper was awesome! Best we have had so far. Good meeting environment. No wifi in rooms

Very good hostel. They give you free breakfast and dinner (pasta)! Great location next to the train station and easy walking distance to mostly everything. The only issue was the security door slams shut REALLY LOUD constantly with people walking in and out and woke us up often so my advice bring earplugs!

The guys at reception were not that friendly as you would expect. They do their job but they are not that motivated to do it. They looked, to me, as if they were very tired. I did like that they offered breakfast, but many items were missing, for example, butter, eggs...

Good location, right by station and good bar. Showers more like swimming pool so not nice.

The highlight is onviously free bfast and dinner. Also good location,just right opposite frankfurt hbf and easy to find. But staffs are really unfriendly. I had chance to interact with 4 of them and no smile at all. Upon checked in the lady didnt explain me about anything such as locker, which bed for me, linen, etc.

我們只住了一晚,步行就可到達主要景點。剛好遇上星期六有免費又美味的晚餐,早餐也挺豐富。缺點是,一到達hostel,櫃台說只關20分鐘,我不知道他們那天是否遇上狀況,但牌上和staff說只需20分鐘,我們卻等了40分鐘。現在夜晚很早天黑,對於只有一天時間的我們,實在浪費了太多時間在等待上。

Its so convenient to get to the hostel, and it takes only around 15-20mins to walk to the city center. Another awesome thing is they offer free breakfast as well as free dinner !!! You could find this great service nowhere except Frankfurt Hostel. The rooms are pretty clean, security is alright and the staff are super helpful : )

Great place to stay.

Great that it was so close to the train station. Free breakfast is always wonderful!

• 17th Oct 2014