Franz House Reviews

Via de Fossi N�1, Florence, Italy

The owner is very friendly and recommended us some places to visit and to eat! The hostel is very clean and quiete. The location is optimal, near to Ponte Vecchio. We advise it.

• 6th Dec 2014

We had a good night at Franz house. Nice location in the centre at one of the bridges, auhentic building en nice entry. The rooms where clean en well furnitured. The staff was kind as we could leave our luggage here before check-in and after check-out. Would come back here on my future visist of Firenze.

• 23rd Aug 2014

The room was beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Great value and comfortable stay.

• 16th Aug 2014

I stayed in a standard double bed private with shared bathroom, my experience in general was good, the hostel was clean and the location is good, the area has a good atmosphere at night. We met Giovanni (the receptionist) and he looked reserved and quiet but he was helpful, just one advice, be careful with the check-out time if you're planning to pay at that moment because Giovanni is not there the 24hrs. and you have to pay him in cash.

Franz House has not a 24h reception (as clearly written in booking site). Payment is only cash (as clearly written in booking site). Check out time is between 8.00 am and 10.30 am. If you need to leave earlier it is your responsibility to provide payment at arrival or the day before check out. I received an email from you (in the night) where you communicated that the train departure was the following day at 5.20 a.m. So you had only the possibility of leaving money (cash) in the room.

great we could get a document printed.

Great location close to center of Florence and near the river-- easy to walk to everything you would want to see. We were greeted rather gruffly by Giovanni because our room wasn't cleaned, but we were able to leave our bags in the hallway and they were moved into our room once it was cleaned. Bathrooms were shared by several rooms but were always very clean whenever we used them. We had a "breakfast" of tiny crackers and some jam with a juice box provided daily.

My behavior has appeared grumpy because I allowed to leave your bags at Franz House (you arrived 3 hours before check in) and I showed you the room to be finished cleaning. Although I had told you that you could not go in, you tried to enter and stay in the room that I had not finished yet.

The room we stayed in was beautiful and very Italian which was a nice touch. It was in a great location that was just a walk away from the majority of the sights and museums in Florence. The host was great and told us about the best trips, restaurants and ice cream parlours in Florence and indicated them all on a map for us. We paid for the cooked breakfast one morning and it was delicious!! No complaints whatsoever!!

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts