Franz Kafka Hostel Reviews

Kaprova 14/13 Praha 1 Josefof, Prague, Czech Republic

I liked it. Lukas, at the desk, was helpful and friendly. Very close to the history.

• 24th Jan 2016

It's a very good place for travelers. Great location, very convenient, very close to metro station and old town square. And there is a public kitchen within, you can cook for free. Nice hostel.

Would not recommend! Not a hostel feeling at all, dead atmosphere - on the 4th & 5th floor of a creepy old building. There was literally ONE dirty shower on my floor. On New Years Eve the door broke and we were locked out for hours with no help from receptionist or owner. Another night someone was pounding for hours on our door to get in. I felt very unsafe during the stay! Although a good location - I would rather take a further walk and stay somewhere better. Very disappointed in my stay.

The location is extremely good. Staff is very nice and provided lots of tourist information. The only improvement is that during the cleaning hours, the room is unlocked so there is potential security problem.

We stayed with 19 people in the hostel and we loved it. Location is awesome, and the rooms were very nice. Especially the 4-persons bedrooms were very spacious. Showers and facilities were ok and the staff was friendly and helpful. It's on the 4th/5th floor but since they had an elevator, this was not a problem. Would definitely recommend it.

My friend and I arrived to our hostel room where it smelled awful. The cleaning woman told us it was from the cleaning supplies used and that she had the windows open to air it out. The other person in the room informed us that someone had peed his bed the night before, which is why it smelled so bad. We were out all day and thought this would be enough time for the smell to go away, but we returned that night and it was still awful.

• 26th Sep 2015

Pretty good hostel, just 200m from the city center. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about as well.

We were supposed to arrive in Prague at 7:00PM, but since our bus was delayed we were not able to make it to the hostel before 8:30 PM. When we got there, no one answered the door or the phone. Eventually, other travellers let us into the hostel and let us know that all staff had left at 8pm, but that we could try looking for our keys at the mini-mart downstairs. We did that, and he did have keys for the hostel, but not ours. We had to go to another hostel and lost our deposit.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Perfect location! Literally right next to the main square and a 5 min walk to the river. We loved it here and we're able to meet some cool people in our room. Not to much of a kitchen, but still if you wanted to cool, you could. All in all I would definitely recommend staying there!!