Franz Kafka Hostel Reviews

Kaprova 14/13 Praha 1 Josefof, Prague, Czech Republic

Just round the corner from the centre attractions with delicious coffee shops next door. The room was spacious for our bags and never a fight for a shower! Fantastic for all backpackers

very nice hostel for position and personal (very beautiful blond women ;) )

• 9th Jun 2014

Thank you for the great place, very delicious coffe, great atmosfere and your hospitality and warmness ;-)))) Everything was great, we had a wonderful time in Prague and in your place. Definetely coming back once again. I would concider your place not a hostel but a hotel ;-)). Will reccomend for others ;-)) Good luck

It is good located, clean and the person at the reception is very kind. I just stayed one night and had to leave early the next morning but it was a positive experience

Ask for the second floor! The floor that the office is on is not really the hostel at all, and the second floor is much cleaner/nicer. That being said, the hostel doesn't have much going for it. It's very basic. But, wi-fi is good, it was cheap, and it is extremely close to the city center.

Fantastic location makes up for drawbacks. Concierge opens sometime after 10 am and closes sometime before 6 pm. Do NOT count on someone being available because of posted hours. You MUST PHONE in to make sure someone will be there to let you in. E-mail or leaving messages not to be trusted. Talk to concierge on the phone and there will be follow through. I was overcautious because I took Trip Advisor's warnings seriously and I had a lovely time.

• 25th Aug 2013

You get what you pay for, it was good for 3 days but bare in mind there is no kitchen or social area, also the door to the hostel is never shut at night so anyone in the building can pretty much enter which would be ok if other people in the room actually lock it after they come in, most do not! Good enough though!

The service is terrible! We booked with arrival time at 10am. We came and waited at the front door because no one answered the interphone. Then we waited 45 mins in front of the hostel. At 11am, the receptionist came. Without saying sorry, she told us our room is still occupied and we have to come back at 2pm. When we return, she changed us to another room (always without any apologise). The facilities are good, but they need other receptionist. It's like she does not even want us to be there.

clean place, with a great location. But a little bit boring. And there wasn't any possibility to cook your own meals.

• 25th Jul 2013

The location of the hostel is great but the facilities basic; thin mattresses on cheap bunks. The lack of communal area means minimal interaction with fellow guests. The bedroom door squeaked loudly whenever it was opened making it hard not to wake room mates. Rooms get very hot in warm weather. Lack of a vending machine combined with the fact the tap water was always tepid and didn't taste too great made for thirsty nights.

• 26th Jun 2013

The hostel was shocking. No 24 hours reception, no facilities but good location. It happened to me once I cannot open the door for some reason, luckily I have skype so I can call the owner. The hostel was just really basic, a place to sleep and get washed. Don't expect too much.

Perfect location. Facilities are a bit old but still okay.

franz Kafta hostel was the worst hostel i have been.

• 7th May 2013

The biggest advatage of this hostel is localisation, just one minute to main square. Hostel was clean, good conditions, wifi was working nice. One disadvantage is that there is no kitchen. There is information in "facilities" that parking is avialable, unfortunately not, you have to park car 10 minutes from the hostel and pay quite a lot. But in general hostel is good, for this price you will get great localisation and value.

The girl in the reception looked like she didnt even wanna be there...

• 1st May 2013
  • Slovenia

no kitchen

Fantastic location, literally 2 minutes from Old Town Square, a quick walk to Charles Bridge and the river with some magnificent views of Prague Castle. The girl at reception was helpful and friendly and the dorm itself was clean and very spacious.

We booked a double room woth shared bathrooms. The Franz Kafka hostel is well located, near the old town square and you can go by foot to most of the scenic places, it is a correct accomodation but nothing special. We regret that the price we paid was exagerrated considering the facilities (and reception hours) and character/charm of the place, even though it was on new year's eve.

Awful service. The hostel allowed me to make a reservation on the new year eve using hostel world, and after I had already bought all the airplane tickets they sent me an email saying that the minimum number of nights for this time of the year was 3 nights. They cancelled my reservation and I just found an available room in a hotel thst costed me 4 times more! Please, avoid this hostel, they are not serious with their commitments.!

• 31st Dec 2012

The price it's a litle high, but the bathrooms and beds are nice. The place is located in a good site. I've spent a real good night there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5