Franz Kafka Hostel Reviews

Kaprova 14/13 Praha 1 Josefof, Prague, Czech Republic

We loved everything about our stay, but were very unfortunate regarding the other guests. The walls are paper thin and sound carries extremely well. One person was coughing through the night, some men came home drunk (left the men's toilet in an unusable state and tried to enter our room) and a bunch of students had a party in the hallway that lasted until 1am. I'd say it wasn't the hotel's fault, but there is no staff on site after 8pm, so you're on your own if stuff like this happens.

• 5th Mar 2015

This hostel was prime location and really good value for money. The kitchen was right outside our room so we had a few guests that were being noisy whilst trying to sleep. The Staff arranged a late check in and early check out as requested and also organised a staff member to pick us up from the airport which was a massive help.

Perfect stay. Gerry is a sound man who helped me no end when I had any issue. The other staff were tops as well. I'd a really nice stay here. Another great Prague hostel in a great part of the town. Well done!

nice and beautiful staff

I moved here from another hostel in Prague and the location and room were definitely better. It would have been nice to have a common space or if the lockers were a bit bigger, but those are tiny complaints because I would definitely recommend the place to others.

Franz Kafka is a great hostel, The location is Amazing - 2 minute walk from old town square. The room was extremely large with a dining room table and a coffee table and seats. Additionally, the staff were very helpful and friendly. I would HIGHLY recommend Franz Kafka.

Lovely place to stay. Quiet and clean, very good location

This hostel was decent for the price range. 2 of 3 staff members were friendly but, I wouldn't take their suggestions on where to eat or go out. Every one of their suggestions can be found on Trip Advisor and is packed with tourists. Do not go to the James Dean Club! We did have an issue with other guests. The first night there was a couple making out on my friend's bed and when we came back to our hostel late the next night, another guy had moved his stuff off the bed and was sleeping there.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good for the position and clean. A lot of showers and bathrooms. It is quiet, the personal friendly, but the reception it is not always open, the kitchen is very scarsamente equipped, the breakfast is not included and for 4 euros they could do better. Overall it seemed secure, a nice accomodation for people who need to visit prague in not more than 3 days and wants to stay in the very core of the city.

Very helpful and friendly staff. And the location of the hostel is excellent!

It was the best hostel during our trip in Europe. It brings a high price-performance ratio.

Excellent stay at a great hostel. Location was amazing - literally 30 seconds walk to main Old Town Square - you probably can't get any closer for the price. The owner was super friendly and nice. WiFi worked perfect in rooms. Room was clean, well maintained and spacious. If I come back to Prague, this will be my first choice to stay again.

Just round the corner from the centre attractions with delicious coffee shops next door. The room was spacious for our bags and never a fight for a shower! Fantastic for all backpackers

very nice hostel for position and personal (very beautiful blond women ;) )

• 9th Jun 2014

Thank you for the great place, very delicious coffe, great atmosfere and your hospitality and warmness ;-)))) Everything was great, we had a wonderful time in Prague and in your place. Definetely coming back once again. I would concider your place not a hostel but a hotel ;-)). Will reccomend for others ;-)) Good luck

It is good located, clean and the person at the reception is very kind. I just stayed one night and had to leave early the next morning but it was a positive experience

Ask for the second floor! The floor that the office is on is not really the hostel at all, and the second floor is much cleaner/nicer. That being said, the hostel doesn't have much going for it. It's very basic. But, wi-fi is good, it was cheap, and it is extremely close to the city center.

Fantastic location makes up for drawbacks. Concierge opens sometime after 10 am and closes sometime before 6 pm. Do NOT count on someone being available because of posted hours. You MUST PHONE in to make sure someone will be there to let you in. E-mail or leaving messages not to be trusted. Talk to concierge on the phone and there will be follow through. I was overcautious because I took Trip Advisor's warnings seriously and I had a lovely time.

• 25th Aug 2013

You get what you pay for, it was good for 3 days but bare in mind there is no kitchen or social area, also the door to the hostel is never shut at night so anyone in the building can pretty much enter which would be ok if other people in the room actually lock it after they come in, most do not! Good enough though!

The service is terrible! We booked with arrival time at 10am. We came and waited at the front door because no one answered the interphone. Then we waited 45 mins in front of the hostel. At 11am, the receptionist came. Without saying sorry, she told us our room is still occupied and we have to come back at 2pm. When we return, she changed us to another room (always without any apologise). The facilities are good, but they need other receptionist. It's like she does not even want us to be there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6