Franz Kafka Hostel Reviews

Kaprova 14/13 Praha 1 Josefof, Prague, Czech Republic

Ask for the second floor! The floor that the office is on is not really the hostel at all, and the second floor is much cleaner/nicer. That being said, the hostel doesn't have much going for it. It's very basic. But, wi-fi is good, it was cheap, and it is extremely close to the city center.

Fantastic location makes up for drawbacks. Concierge opens sometime after 10 am and closes sometime before 6 pm. Do NOT count on someone being available because of posted hours. You MUST PHONE in to make sure someone will be there to let you in. E-mail or leaving messages not to be trusted. Talk to concierge on the phone and there will be follow through. I was overcautious because I took Trip Advisor's warnings seriously and I had a lovely time.

• 25th Aug 2013

You get what you pay for, it was good for 3 days but bare in mind there is no kitchen or social area, also the door to the hostel is never shut at night so anyone in the building can pretty much enter which would be ok if other people in the room actually lock it after they come in, most do not! Good enough though!

• 16th Aug 2013

The service is terrible! We booked with arrival time at 10am. We came and waited at the front door because no one answered the interphone. Then we waited 45 mins in front of the hostel. At 11am, the receptionist came. Without saying sorry, she told us our room is still occupied and we have to come back at 2pm. When we return, she changed us to another room (always without any apologise). The facilities are good, but they need other receptionist. It's like she does not even want us to be there.

clean place, with a great location. But a little bit boring. And there wasn't any possibility to cook your own meals.

• 25th Jul 2013

The location of the hostel is great but the facilities basic; thin mattresses on cheap bunks. The lack of communal area means minimal interaction with fellow guests. The bedroom door squeaked loudly whenever it was opened making it hard not to wake room mates. Rooms get very hot in warm weather. Lack of a vending machine combined with the fact the tap water was always tepid and didn't taste too great made for thirsty nights.

• 26th Jun 2013

The hostel was shocking. No 24 hours reception, no facilities but good location. It happened to me once I cannot open the door for some reason, luckily I have skype so I can call the owner. The hostel was just really basic, a place to sleep and get washed. Don't expect too much.

Perfect location. Facilities are a bit old but still okay.

franz Kafta hostel was the worst hostel i have been.

• 7th May 2013

The biggest advatage of this hostel is localisation, just one minute to main square. Hostel was clean, good conditions, wifi was working nice. One disadvantage is that there is no kitchen. There is information in "facilities" that parking is avialable, unfortunately not, you have to park car 10 minutes from the hostel and pay quite a lot. But in general hostel is good, for this price you will get great localisation and value.

The girl in the reception looked like she didnt even wanna be there...

• 1st May 2013
  • Slovenia

no kitchen

Fantastic location, literally 2 minutes from Old Town Square, a quick walk to Charles Bridge and the river with some magnificent views of Prague Castle. The girl at reception was helpful and friendly and the dorm itself was clean and very spacious.

We booked a double room woth shared bathrooms. The Franz Kafka hostel is well located, near the old town square and you can go by foot to most of the scenic places, it is a correct accomodation but nothing special. We regret that the price we paid was exagerrated considering the facilities (and reception hours) and character/charm of the place, even though it was on new year's eve.

Awful service. The hostel allowed me to make a reservation on the new year eve using hostel world, and after I had already bought all the airplane tickets they sent me an email saying that the minimum number of nights for this time of the year was 3 nights. They cancelled my reservation and I just found an available room in a hotel thst costed me 4 times more! Please, avoid this hostel, they are not serious with their commitments.!

• 31st Dec 2012

The price it's a litle high, but the bathrooms and beds are nice. The place is located in a good site. I've spent a real good night there.

Amazing! Clean and Confortable! Very good service! Very well Located!

Great hostel, well located in the old town, within walking distance to everything. There was also a class dog in the reception when we got there.

Stayed there for two days in the 10 person room and I'm immensely happy. The best thing is of course the location - literally one minute away from the old city market. The hostel is clean and reasonably comfortable. The only problem were some French guys in other room who came in drunk late in the night and started to behave just like standard drunk guys do. Still - a minor anoyance in an alltogether wonderfull experience. Already recommending this hostel to my friends.

Lockers! There should be one locker for each person, not a shared one or none! We stayed at the mixed 10 bed dorm, the room was ok, but you should provide more lockers. The room itself was very basic, just beds a couple of stools and that's it, there was no atmosphere or decoration, nothing... The pictures of the rooms in the hostel tell something else like it was in reality. Also there were no showers on our floor, we had to move one floor up. But it was ok, considering the price and location.

We are didn't offer a lockers. Please pay attation and read facilities what we are offer before you make a reservation.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5