Frasers On Rainbow Beach

7.3
Very Good 234 Total Reviews

19th May 2017
6.0

All of the sheets in my room were coated in long hairs from the cleaner, and the lighter for hobs had broke forcing us to chase everyone down for a lighter, only then to singe some of the hairs off my hand as it lit. The rooms don't have air con and the key deposit is CASH ONLY - forcing me to walk 10 minutes in the pouring rain to an ATM in one of the few shops nearby. Surprisingly the bathrooms are decent and clean and the common area pretty chilled. Staff friendly and hostel is near beach.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

Hostel was lovely and clean wth a fairly modern bathroom. The kitchen was quite small but we only used on of the two kitchens on site. The bar area lacked atmosphere as most people are using it as a stop for Fraser Island, but I would stay here again

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
7.7

no lockers in room but apart from that was great.

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
6.3

Dingos and Fraser on Rainbow are 2 hostels in 1 with same reception and can walk between the 2 using all facilities. Nice big rooms with ensuites. A bar with meals every night and free pancakes in the morning but no decent cool common area. Long and busy check-in & out, not enough staff. A nice place right opposite the greyhound stop and ideal for Fraser Island excursions.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017
6.0

Was all going well until my key didn't work and I went to the office to change it, it still didn't work so I went to the office 5 minutes after it closed (7.05pm) and I heard the American/Canadian guy shout f..K off to me as I was walking towards the office then laughed about it. Won't be staying again due to him.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
17th Jan 2017
7.7

Had a private room for the night. Everything was OK but the communal area shuts around 9 which is annoying as it's the only place the WiFi works and if you're out during the day you want to use it when you're back.

• Australia, Male, 41+
31st Dec 2016
8.0

All good happy to return

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

Fab location, right outside the bus stop and only a couple of minutes from anywhere in the town. The pool was fab and free wifi also a bonus. Would stay again!

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016
7.1

Hostel is fine if your just stopping off before or after your trip to Fraser Island. Clean rooms and communal areas. Quiet hostel with not much atmosphere as people only stay there for one or two nights. The town itself is tiny and there's really nothing to do except for the beach.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th Dec 2016
2.0

Initial impression was good but that changed when I returned to my room the first night and found all of my belongings gone. I was the last in the room that morning as everyone else had checked out and had locked the room when I left. My only conclusion is that the cleaners thought my stuff was left behind by someone so removed it from the room. Mistakes happen however the staff didn't even bother to contact the cleaners regarding my belongings.