Frasers On Rainbow Beach

Very Good 228 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
6.3

Dingos and Fraser on Rainbow are 2 hostels in 1 with same reception and can walk between the 2 using all facilities. Nice big rooms with ensuites. A bar with meals every night and free pancakes in the morning but no decent cool common area. Long and busy check-in & out, not enough staff. A nice place right opposite the greyhound stop and ideal for Fraser Island excursions.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017
6.0

Was all going well until my key didn't work and I went to the office to change it, it still didn't work so I went to the office 5 minutes after it closed (7.05pm) and I heard the American/Canadian guy shout f..K off to me as I was walking towards the office then laughed about it. Won't be staying again due to him.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
17th Jan 2017
7.7

Had a private room for the night. Everything was OK but the communal area shuts around 9 which is annoying as it's the only place the WiFi works and if you're out during the day you want to use it when you're back.

• Australia, Male, 41+
31st Dec 2016
8.0

All good happy to return

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

Fab location, right outside the bus stop and only a couple of minutes from anywhere in the town. The pool was fab and free wifi also a bonus. Would stay again!

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016
7.1

Hostel is fine if your just stopping off before or after your trip to Fraser Island. Clean rooms and communal areas. Quiet hostel with not much atmosphere as people only stay there for one or two nights. The town itself is tiny and there's really nothing to do except for the beach.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th Dec 2016
2.0

Initial impression was good but that changed when I returned to my room the first night and found all of my belongings gone. I was the last in the room that morning as everyone else had checked out and had locked the room when I left. My only conclusion is that the cleaners thought my stuff was left behind by someone so removed it from the room. Mistakes happen however the staff didn't even bother to contact the cleaners regarding my belongings.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016
8.0

Pans in the kitchen were quite grose, would need some professional cleaning! And we didn't like that the ensuite bathroom didn't have a separate shower tub, but once somebody showered the whole room was wet. Other than that, nice location and great atmosphere!

16th Dec 2016

I stayed in an all girls room, and it was very clean, doors locked and there were lockers too. Wifi isn't great and only available down stairs. Free pancakes and $7 dinners, it's joined to Dingos so two pools, and chilled atmosphere. Good location, right near the beach and little shops, all in all a good hostel

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
11th Dec 2016
2.0

Horrible hostel! We booked for 2 nights, but within half an hour after check in we discovered we only needed 1 night because of upcoming excursions. We made a honest mistake but there was no way to cancel the second night because we already paid. The staff at reception didn't care at all and we had to search for other people to sell our night to. I mean, how difficult can it be? Furthermore: bad wifi, no atmosphere, dirty rooms and kitchen. Don't stay here and book your Fraser elsewhere!