Freddie next to Mercury Reviews

Jelenia 4, Bratislava, Slovakia

Best atmosphere and staff ive ever seen

• 22nd Jul 2015

A very good hostel, only 5 minute walk from the main train station but it is a bit further out of town at a 20 minute walk. However, that being said, I was very comfortable in the dorm. The only thing was that I couldn't find a socket to charge my phone? But other than that it was great! I would totally recommend the "Drink like the locals" your they do, you'll meet lots of new people and enjoy the amazing view of Bratislava at night by the castle. I would stay again!

• 15th Jul 2015

Reception needs a new way of checking people in. We arrived late around 5pm and still had to wait for our rooms to be finished when check in is at 2pm. The key system is really bad, every time we wanted our key back, we got questions like "who are you" "are you even staying here" the girl with the really long blonde hair was very rude to us every time. Only the guy was helpful but he wasn't always there. Clean rooms and Comfortable beds. Just they need to sort their staff and improve a bit.

We felt no so welcome in the beginning of our stay.

Really cool place, 15 min from the centre on foot. The common room and the garden is really cozy and the rooms are big enough.

Really great hostel, beautiful kitchen and garden. Everything looked so nice, I can really recommend it! And only a few minutes walk from the main station.

It would be better if the rooms have thicker or darker curtains so that they block the licht more effectively. Early in the morning, it gets too hell in the room.

The Hostel is nothing special, but ok. Also the stuff was average. They helped us with short answers when we needed something - despite that, they were not willing to communicate more (like saying hi or bye). the room for two was unintrusive colorful and had a great atmosphere, with all facilities u need (also a little kitchen). The only thing why we wouldn't choose it anymore is the 15-20 min. walk from the hostel to the Old town/centre.

Great hostel. It lacked a fan to keep things cool upstairs. Also there was no common area that I saw, maybe I missed it.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The guy on the desk when we arrived was slightly off-hand, and acted as if we'd interrupted his conversation with another staff member. However, he made up for this later when he gave us detailed recommendations about the good, and cheap, places to eat in the city. The accommodation was excellent, better than I'd expected. We had a roomy 1-bed apartment with our own roof terrace. Very clean, quiet and comfortable.

Good hostel in a convenient location, not a party one, nothing really special about the atmosphere. But if you are looking for a clean and safe place, this will be good for you. Nothing to complain for, would stay there again if visiting Bratislava.

The hostel offered a very homey feel and the kitchen and patio were perfect for hanging out. One of my favourite hostels to date.

Good hostel but a bit far from centre of town and the surrounding area seemed unsafe. However hostel security was great. Only thing was the toilet doors did not lock in our room

Nicest hostel dorm I have ever stayed in, wifi was good, close to train station

The staff was really nice, that made a good first impression. Our room was big enough and seperated in two parts, so it did not feel like a 11 bed room. The kitchen was well equipped and had space to sit there together and eat. Our room had an own toilet and an own shower, but we could not lock it. That was a problem because the toilet door did not close without locking As I saw, the washing mashine was free ao charge and the wifi worked in all the buildings.

Poor, rude staff. Terrible wifi in second building. Had to up by 9am every day in order for the cleaning crew to come through, which they proceeded to scream at each other. We left 2 days early. Would not recommend, and it looks nothing like the pictures.

Great location near to main train station. Clean, big rooms and very nicely decorated hostel. Kitchen was clean and there was very cheap possibility to do laundry, only 35 cents. I was little bit confused who was part of the staff and who wasnt. Computer didnt work but they tried to fix it and we were friendly told that we can ask from the reception what we needed to know.

We checked in for a room and facility looked really fine. However we had a really bad experience and hotel registration was rude saying "this is hostel, you risk and these things happen". A guy came in the room around 3-4 am in the midnight fully drunk, whole room lightning went off, he kicked garbage bin and didn't know English so we couldn't even communicate, he was some guy the hostel knew already and they put us in the same room with him. At least they accepted to change our room after that.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Turkey

the hostel was good, we love to cook and we dont have problem with that, this is the best, the people stay with us was very friendly

• 20th May 2015
  • Chile

I strongly recommend this hostel, because it is located 2-3minutes from the main train station and 5 minutes from the city center. You could find it very easily and it is totally secured - it is not possible to enter inside without keys. Nice atmosphere, clean rooms and well-equipped kitchen.