Freddie next to Mercury Reviews

Jelenia 4, Bratislava, Slovakia

I had a reservation at fredie next to mercury hostel but the door of my room was broken and when i arrived the receptionist told me that i have to move to Bratislava hostel.I went there and a 16 years old receptionist told me to pay 10 euros per night even if i had already a booked and paid a room for 6 euros per night..the hostel bratislava smells so bad from the groundfllor to 5th floor.It is dirty and in my room another traveler had write on the wall : this hostl has no atmosphere.the worst

The place is easy to get to and fairly close to everything but the staff are terrible except for the girl who was working when I left. They have no interest in helping and it's a shame as it could be a class A hostel. Wouldn't go back :(

The rooms are big, comfy and clean.. But didn't have curtains so all the light from the streets was really annoying. Weak WiFi signal in dorms and very slow. Kitchen was reeeeeeally cold, so i was always on a hurry to cook+eat, that was the worst. Good location.

Great hostel! The room was awesome, with a lot of space and it's own bathroom! The staff was cool and friendly, also the common are was nice. Breakfast was okay (pretty much the same as every hostel). the Location is good, not so close to the city center but Bratislava is not that big so it doesn't matter that much.

worst ever

The kitchen was very dirty. The utensils were very old, scratched and unfit use. The WiFi was highly unstable. Bathroom didn't have proper locks(any one come in u are inside) and shower was broken. Heater hot were unavailable untiluntil we complained it.

I only stayed here for a short period of time (1 night) but it was a good stay for a decent price.

I stayed at a 12 bed room (but there were 2 six bed rooms linked) and it was great. The bed was comfortable, the room had sofa, table and lockers. The bathroom was private and clean. The kitchen was well equipped and had a little garden. Unfortunately, the Xbox was stolen and the football table was broken. In general, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it to others.

Staff was nice, and the hostel is located not very far from old town. Bus stops not 2 minutes walk from the front door, also some decent food places close by.

Great spot, close to train and easy walk to city centre. Nice spacious dorm layout.

“The place is very nice, near from the station but you have to walk a little bit to get to the city center, the beds and and bathrooms are nice, the kitchen was too cold, but it is a nice hostel :)”

Everything was fine except it seems like they change the price for the room every day.

Nice hostel, our room had a balcony over the garden(would have been awesome hadn't not rained). very friendly staff (one had dog with him a few days :-D ), bar downstairs. Laundry was only 50cent per wash for the tablet. We were 2doors down from the main reception but our block had a reasonable kitchen(single glazing in this room with no heating though, only downside I can think of). WiFi was good. 25min walk to the centre, 5min to train station. Would stay again.

pretty good

I actually didn't stay at the hostel because HostelWorld messed up my booking. But the receptionist was so nice and even got me a place at an other hostel for the same price! I really wished that I had actually stayed there because it looked very nice!

we just stayed here as a stop over but the place was clean and had everything we needed. we had a problem with our car and the staff were extremely helpful! I would definitely stay here again

The door dividing the room squeaks a lot. Late night, when patrons in the far room are trying to come in and/or out, they try to close the door, and its so loud that I'm sure it wakes up most people in both rooms. It'd be great if you can either oil the door, or just remove it straight away. There was also no lock to close the room door, which oddly didn't matter because the door was just left open all day and all night.

Loved it there. Really felt relaxed and at home. Nice kitchen and social area. Also social area in the dorm. It was great! 10am is a really early check out though. They also have the best set of dishes I've ever seen at a hostel.

To be honest this place was nicer than I was expecting. The receptionist was friendly, managed to waiver our city tax since we were students. The room was very nice, nice beds, lots of plugs, reading lights, a coffee table and a sofa! Also a big balcony for the room to enjoy that nice Slovak weather. Only issue was the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor, but other than that the room was very nice. Just double check the busses though! we were misinformed and missed our tour :

I guess your experience depends on the room you book, mine was good..but was sadly ruined b/c some idiot stole my food. Yes, the fridge is a warranty of food loss, and how ironic that filling out all the forms and passport registration was to guarantee "safety" while that doesn't stop them from stealing. I suppose the oddball of a name refers to the owner and the location being near the Merkury Market, so don't expect a dedicated place to the legendary mister Bulsara.♩♪♫♬My love is dangerous♩♪♫♬