Freddie next to Mercury Reviews

Jelenia 4, Bratislava, Slovakia

Perfectly clean, very well equipped, yummy breakfast, very close to the main station, nicest hostel of my whole balkan trip!!

This hostel is in an extremely poor location in relation to the tourist sites such as the castle and old town, although it is right next to the station which is a plus. The staff were all extremely nice to us, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The atmosphere was terrible and it felt more like a family hotel than a hostel for backpackers so it's not really a place for young people. No lockers in the rooms so we had to hide valuables under the bed during the day.

Great hostel. There is a garden with a bar that really gives you the option to have fun at any time. Kitchen inside the room is very nice. Would defenetly recomand this to any one.

Good!! Nice people there. We stayed only one night but i was really good. Very big kitchen and a nice common rooms and garden. Breakfast for 2,5€ was ok.

Staff are very friendly. The yard can be maintain better.

Really lovely room, excellently equipped. Very close to the station which was convenient, however it was a 20 minute or so walk from the city center, which was ok for us as we dont mind a bit of a walk, but wouldnt have wanted to be much further away.

Best atmosphere and staff ive ever seen

• 22nd Jul 2015

A very good hostel, only 5 minute walk from the main train station but it is a bit further out of town at a 20 minute walk. However, that being said, I was very comfortable in the dorm. The only thing was that I couldn't find a socket to charge my phone? But other than that it was great! I would totally recommend the "Drink like the locals" your they do, you'll meet lots of new people and enjoy the amazing view of Bratislava at night by the castle. I would stay again!

• 15th Jul 2015

Reception needs a new way of checking people in. We arrived late around 5pm and still had to wait for our rooms to be finished when check in is at 2pm. The key system is really bad, every time we wanted our key back, we got questions like "who are you" "are you even staying here" the girl with the really long blonde hair was very rude to us every time. Only the guy was helpful but he wasn't always there. Clean rooms and Comfortable beds. Just they need to sort their staff and improve a bit.

We felt no so welcome in the beginning of our stay.

Really cool place, 15 min from the centre on foot. The common room and the garden is really cozy and the rooms are big enough.

Really great hostel, beautiful kitchen and garden. Everything looked so nice, I can really recommend it! And only a few minutes walk from the main station.

Far away but nice and cheap. Bratislava is great and small you can do most things in a day and then have a night out. Pub crawls are only on Friday Saturday Sunday I think because they are the only nights you can really go out I think. Nice hostel, with okay kitchen and vibe. Dorms are nice

It would be better if the rooms have thicker or darker curtains so that they block the licht more effectively. Early in the morning, it gets too hell in the room.

The Hostel is nothing special, but ok. Also the stuff was average. They helped us with short answers when we needed something - despite that, they were not willing to communicate more (like saying hi or bye). the room for two was unintrusive colorful and had a great atmosphere, with all facilities u need (also a little kitchen). The only thing why we wouldn't choose it anymore is the 15-20 min. walk from the hostel to the Old town/centre.

Great hostel. It lacked a fan to keep things cool upstairs. Also there was no common area that I saw, maybe I missed it.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The guy on the desk when we arrived was slightly off-hand, and acted as if we'd interrupted his conversation with another staff member. However, he made up for this later when he gave us detailed recommendations about the good, and cheap, places to eat in the city. The accommodation was excellent, better than I'd expected. We had a roomy 1-bed apartment with our own roof terrace. Very clean, quiet and comfortable.

Good hostel in a convenient location, not a party one, nothing really special about the atmosphere. But if you are looking for a clean and safe place, this will be good for you. Nothing to complain for, would stay there again if visiting Bratislava.

The hostel offered a very homey feel and the kitchen and patio were perfect for hanging out. One of my favourite hostels to date.

Good hostel but a bit far from centre of town and the surrounding area seemed unsafe. However hostel security was great. Only thing was the toilet doors did not lock in our room