Freddie next to Mercury Reviews

Jelenia 4, Bratislava, Slovakia

Everything was fine except it seems like they change the price for the room every day.

Nice hostel, our room had a balcony over the garden(would have been awesome hadn't not rained). very friendly staff (one had dog with him a few days :-D ), bar downstairs. Laundry was only 50cent per wash for the tablet. We were 2doors down from the main reception but our block had a reasonable kitchen(single glazing in this room with no heating though, only downside I can think of). WiFi was good. 25min walk to the centre, 5min to train station. Would stay again.

pretty good

I actually didn't stay at the hostel because HostelWorld messed up my booking. But the receptionist was so nice and even got me a place at an other hostel for the same price! I really wished that I had actually stayed there because it looked very nice!

we just stayed here as a stop over but the place was clean and had everything we needed. we had a problem with our car and the staff were extremely helpful! I would definitely stay here again

The door dividing the room squeaks a lot. Late night, when patrons in the far room are trying to come in and/or out, they try to close the door, and its so loud that I'm sure it wakes up most people in both rooms. It'd be great if you can either oil the door, or just remove it straight away. There was also no lock to close the room door, which oddly didn't matter because the door was just left open all day and all night.

Loved it there. Really felt relaxed and at home. Nice kitchen and social area. Also social area in the dorm. It was great! 10am is a really early check out though. They also have the best set of dishes I've ever seen at a hostel.

I guess your experience depends on the room you book, mine was good..but was sadly ruined b/c some idiot stole my food. Yes, the fridge is a warranty of food loss, and how ironic that filling out all the forms and passport registration was to guarantee "safety" while that doesn't stop them from stealing. I suppose the oddball of a name refers to the owner and the location being near the Merkury Market, so don't expect a dedicated place to the legendary mister Bulsara.♩♪♫♬My love is dangerous♩♪♫♬

The toilet seat was broken and it was uncomfortable to use. The bathroom was all wet because the shower door didn't work, the next day they didn't clean it. The staff was nice and the hostel is close to the train station. The lockers were very small.

Good hostel, had all the basics. Was nice to have a small kitchenette. Clean and comfortable. Although there was a bit of noise from a karaoke bar downstairs.

Awesome place to stay, great value for money.

There was only 1 toilet (which had a broken seat) and 1 shower (which was also broken) between 12 people. There were always wet floors, which are very dangerous, the bedroom had a window into the kitchen so it was noisy and there was also a window from the shower room into the kitchen, at night with the light on there was no privacy. I expected more for my money and I actually left early because I was not happy with the poor facilities. The garden was nice and there was good wifi.

The hostel is nice unlike the city.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Shower doesn't drain so pray you don't slip on the mildew or develop a foot fungus. There are no locks on the WC doors so you can either hold it shut as you go or be walked in on. The light in the WC was dead when I arrived and the room that I was to check into wasn't ready for an extra hour late. No wifi in the second building, they say they have wifi but it is entirely not functional and you will have to go back and forth to the main office all day if you want to book any bus tickets or plan.

• 26th Aug 2015

Perfectly clean, very well equipped, yummy breakfast, very close to the main station, nicest hostel of my whole balkan trip!!

This hostel is in an extremely poor location in relation to the tourist sites such as the castle and old town, although it is right next to the station which is a plus. The staff were all extremely nice to us, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The atmosphere was terrible and it felt more like a family hotel than a hostel for backpackers so it's not really a place for young people. No lockers in the rooms so we had to hide valuables under the bed during the day.

Decent hostel with everything you needed. A bit of a walk to the bus station and old town but the bus connections are good. Very easy to and from the airport. The staff were ok but not amazing, seemed like it was hard work with them some of the time

The location is a bit far from the city centre, 20 min walk. I didn't find it any issue though. The hostel has a great garden where allot of people chill out. The rooms are big and the beds + bathrooms are clean. Also a big kitchen, great for eggs and bacon afther a night out!

Great hostel. There is a garden with a bar that really gives you the option to have fun at any time. Kitchen inside the room is very nice. Would defenetly recomand this to any one.

Good!! Nice people there. We stayed only one night but i was really good. Very big kitchen and a nice common rooms and garden. Breakfast for 2,5€ was ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3