Freddie next to Mercury Reviews

Jelenia 4, Bratislava, Slovakia

Good hostel in a convenient location, not a party one, nothing really special about the atmosphere. But if you are looking for a clean and safe place, this will be good for you. Nothing to complain for, would stay there again if visiting Bratislava.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

The hostel offered a very homey feel and the kitchen and patio were perfect for hanging out. One of my favourite hostels to date.

Good hostel but a bit far from centre of town and the surrounding area seemed unsafe. However hostel security was great. Only thing was the toilet doors did not lock in our room

Nicest hostel dorm I have ever stayed in, wifi was good, close to train station

The staff was really nice, that made a good first impression. Our room was big enough and seperated in two parts, so it did not feel like a 11 bed room. The kitchen was well equipped and had space to sit there together and eat. Our room had an own toilet and an own shower, but we could not lock it. That was a problem because the toilet door did not close without locking As I saw, the washing mashine was free ao charge and the wifi worked in all the buildings.

Poor, rude staff. Terrible wifi in second building. Had to up by 9am every day in order for the cleaning crew to come through, which they proceeded to scream at each other. We left 2 days early. Would not recommend, and it looks nothing like the pictures.

Great location near to main train station. Clean, big rooms and very nicely decorated hostel. Kitchen was clean and there was very cheap possibility to do laundry, only 35 cents. I was little bit confused who was part of the staff and who wasnt. Computer didnt work but they tried to fix it and we were friendly told that we can ask from the reception what we needed to know.

We checked in for a room and facility looked really fine. However we had a really bad experience and hotel registration was rude saying "this is hostel, you risk and these things happen". A guy came in the room around 3-4 am in the midnight fully drunk, whole room lightning went off, he kicked garbage bin and didn't know English so we couldn't even communicate, he was some guy the hostel knew already and they put us in the same room with him. At least they accepted to change our room after that.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Turkey

the hostel was good, we love to cook and we dont have problem with that, this is the best, the people stay with us was very friendly

• 20th May 2015
  • Chile

I strongly recommend this hostel, because it is located 2-3minutes from the main train station and 5 minutes from the city center. You could find it very easily and it is totally secured - it is not possible to enter inside without keys. Nice atmosphere, clean rooms and well-equipped kitchen.

Nice place to stay though wasn't much craic around it as it was pretty quiet. nice rooms and lockers etc.

Nice hostel, great staff. My issue is with the showers and how water would go all over the ground. Also, the toilets were very small which means if you are in a mixed dorm and you want to get changed in private there is either a soggy shower or a tiny bathroom. Power points were scarce as well. A few issues, all minor and fixable, I would stay there again as it is so conveniently located.

Had a six bed dorm to two of us with own kitchen and bathroom which all seemed new. internet worked in rooms could even Skype Home. excellent location if you are coming or going by train

Everything fine. More than I expected. Good value for a liw price.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Austria

pretty decent hostel worth the penny I spent.

The hostel is well located, the room was cool, it has a little living room. The staff was nice. We paid for breakfast but it was not good and the bathroom was a little dirty.

very good stay and staff all spoke good english. I would definately recommend this hostel

Great place to stay. Close to the center for those who fancy a walk. The stuff is always there to help. Considering that I have also spent few nights in other places this is the one I would go back to with no hesitation.

Such a luxurious room! So many sofas and tables around. Lovely common kitchen for those who want to cook. 15 minute walk to city center but really close to the train Station! This hostel made our Bratislava stay so good!

It's a very modern-looking and clean hostel, I was positively surprised. The garden must make a wonderful addition in the summer. Big lockers are included in the price. Wi-Fi works perfectly. The cheapest room, where I stayed, even had a cool sofa and coffee table. Only some of the bathrooms might need renovation, which they will probably get soon enough. Still I would recommend this hostel to anyone, just as the city itself!