Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

I really like this hostel. I'll probably never stay elsewhere in Timisoara. It's comfortable, the beds are nice, and Raul and his mom are ridiculously kind people. It was really cold outside, so hanging out there was like hanging out at my friend's apartment, just with more friends. The staff were excellent - very cheery people. I really enjoyed the city.

The hostel is in a great location with a wonderful owner. Based on what other travellers have said, it is probably the best hostel in Timisoara.

Raul is great host

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Serbia

Great staff, great vibe. Multumesc frumoase pentru tot!

This was a great hostel, first night raul and his mother fed me no cost! Traditional romanian food. It really is a great place to stay in timisoara which is also a great city. Gotta give another thank you to Neil who was helping out. Hostel was very clean and safe over all an amazing place to stay. Thanks nick uk

Staff really helpful and heartful, great location.

It is a very homely place right in the heart of Timisoara city. It felt like going home to my apartment, so I will return whenever i am back in this lovely city.

AMAZING PLACE! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in ever, really! As soon as I walked inside I loved the vibe, Raul (the owner) is one of the nicest and interesting characters out there and really makes for an enjoyable, relaxed stay. The actual hostel itself is also fantastic, such a nice layout with all the facilites that are needed as well as being interesting and fun! Even if the city wasn't as great as it is, I would come back just to stay at this hostel, such a great time :)

• 24th Jan 2015

Super friendly staff! Good location, comfortable.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Romania

I had a very good time at Freeborn hostel. The owner, Raul, just got a food package from his Mom so he offered me some awesome "sarmale" with smashed potatoes!!! The hostel is very close to the city center so that at the evening we went just 10 m away for some beer and played billiard. I will definitely come back in February! ps. Don't miss the Palinca ;)

Really nice hostel in the center of the city! Clean and really friendly staff. Raul gave me map of the city and explained it in detail! It was pretty quite there, I was the only guest but we watched a movie and played Mario Kart:)). I will definitely be back!

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Been looking forward to come to the hostel, I heard great things. Perfect location, well kept, great host, "Palinca" was amazing. It was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed at.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Romania

I had a great time staying at freeborn, the hostel is clean and well kept, and Raul was a great host. Definitely recommed it!!!

I really enjoyed the place! Wound up staying an extra night because (thanks to the very helpful staff) it turned out that there was much more to do in Timisoara than I expected. The hostel was clean and tidy and I got free coffee which is always a plus. The staff really do try their very best to accommodate you and make sure everything is to your liking, so definitely talk to them about any questions you have (especially Raul!) Also hard to beat the location, you can see the castle and the opera

• 8th Jan 2015

I had the great pleasure to stay at this hostel twice, and I've always been sad too leave... Great place near the city center with charming and handsome staff ! They're always happy to help and will be happy to take you out for a drink (i gt mine free for beating the owner at pool ^^ ) !! Cosy hostels where I had a feeling of fraternity and friendship, perfect ! FREEBORN ROCKS !

• 7th Jan 2015

The staff are super helpful and friendly and its in a great location!

Good location in the heart of Timisoara, near enough to places of interest, restaurants, bars and clubs. Helpful staff which gave me lots of info and tips about the city. Beds are comfortable and dorms spacious with big lockers. Good wifi. The drawbacks are that facilities are a bit run down and showers/toilet aren't good. The living room is too small and the dorm's door doesn't prevent all the noise that comes from corridor.

This hostel is awesome! At first i was going to spend two nights there but eventually stayed for three weeks. Everything was just perfect - location, price, cleanliness, and great atmosphere. I loved the common room which was a good place to work during the day and a perfect place to meet other people at night. But the best thing about this hostel is the staff - very friendly and helpful people, everybody is absolutely amazing. Probably the best hostel i've ever been to. I'll be back soon!

• 10th Dec 2014

Such an awesome hostel! Had a great stay here. It's in a really good location, clean, fully equipped kitchen and common room (with a TV and a wii.. Soo good) and an awesome atmosphere with fun helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Nov 2014

What a awesome hostel! They organized many activities in hostel,pretty crazy but funny, Bed is big and cozy,really want to stay longer and come back again!!