Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

Super friendly staff. Curtains on dorm beds was a great idea. Arrived late and was invited to drinks straight away. Only stayed the 1 night but would definitely recommend for an extended stay.

Had such a good time here, The position of the hostel was perfect, the atmosphere was brilliant. The staff where helpful and always there to give advice. Its not a big hostel but this is not a bad thing, gives you a chance to meet everyone thats there. Would come back if i am to ever be in timiosara again.

• 19th Jul 2015

One of the best hostel i've stayed at, highly recommended i couldn't have a better stay there!!

A very nice place to stay. Staff very friendly and helpful. You felt part of the family.

Though I was first a bit reluctant to go to an hostel in Romania, I have been really positively-surprised by the Freeborn hostel. The house is really nice, and since there are only 14 beds, it feels like a home ! Not to mention that it couldn't be closer to the city center and that the staff is super-friendly :)

A nice place, indeed. I actually won a game of Wii Mario Kart against the manager! It was a fun and short stay.

ADVANTAGES: The staff was very friendly. When I have arrived the bad was already prepeared and the room was cleaned. I found there a good atmosphere and Raul was heavily involved to help me. He give me an map of the town and advised me what to visit. (he also called the taxy cab at 6:00 in the morning). The hotel has a small terrace where everyone gathers in the evening. It is very vell positioned in the middle of the town with good accest to the bus station. DISADVANTAGES: NO

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Romania

After arriving in Timisoara with out any real expectation, i was glad that I was staying in a sweet hostel. I was welcomed with a nice home made shot and nice conversation.. The boys there were so helpful and friendly. The hostel is located perfectly with 5 minute walks to where ever you want to go. It is clean and big, with very good bathroom and laundry facilities. I met a heap of other travellers and we all went out in the evening together. They will also help with onward travel. Sweet hostel

Only stayed one night, was good enough although the wifi wasn't working. Good atmosphere in the evening

I got a very very friendly reception on arrival from a long overnight train: it is great to be given a bed even if arriving before regular check in. Really good staff and a well run hostel, with a very friendly atmosphere. Security depends a lot on the staff recognising who is coming and going, so its probably worth making full use of the lockers.

Awesome place! If you go to Timisoara, its the place to be. A big thanks to Lucky and Raul for the hospitality!

I loved everything about my time here. I stayed twice as long as I planned to, and already am thinking of when I can go back. Raul is the best, and will literally help you with any problem you have. The wifi didn't work for a few days, but while it was down he used his phone as a hotspot so we could still use it. But now it's fixed and the Internet is fast. The hostel is right in the center of the city, and it's the best hostel I've been to so far. Deffinitely stay here!

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff at Freeborn is very helpful and available at any time. The recommendations they provided helped us experience the city on a more local level. I would highly recommend staying at Freeborn Hostel in Timisoara if you are looking for a classic hostel experience.

The hostel is very well situated - absolutely in the heart of the city. We stayed in the 8 place room which was not bad. In the room there are curfews that can be used. There are 3 bathrooms: 1 inside and to outside. The atmosphere was super cool and the staff is very helpful. Raul usually meets you with a shot of "tuica" but when we arrived it was finished. So write him an email to remind to have it when you come (hahahahahha). I would suggest to have some more board games. Thank you!. HUGS!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Romania

Amazing hostel that feels just like a home. Great staff, location, kitchen, & atmosphere. Even though it rained the 3 days I was there, there was always something to do and people to meet. Highly recommend.

This place has a lot of character and great facilities. I met some fascinating folks here. The vibes are warm. The ping pong table was great fun. And wonderful rooms and beds. Truly the kind of hostel god intended.

This is my favourite hostel I have ever stayed at. Every other hostel should strive to be like freeborn. Thankful for the great service and the lovely people i met.

Awesome place! The owner is a really hilarious and awesome guy who genuinely cares about guests having a good time and will often arrange nights out for everyone. Location, facilities and atmosphere are all great here.

Had a great time staying here. Raul is the nicest hostel owner I've met anywhere. Always happy to play pingpong or even uno. The place is small but has a great courtyard for sitting around playing games or having a chat. Very highly recommended for anyone stopping by in Timisoara.

This was a great experience! Raul and his mum were very welcoming and helpful. It was a good bed, there was a secure locker and the outdoor area was a great place to hang out. It was easy to socialise with other guests. If I return to Timisoara I would definitely stay here again!