Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

The hostel had a really cool vibe from the beginning. Very chilled out, feels like you are staying at a friends place. The staff took us out to eat and after we went for some beers. The place had perfect location, clean, and enjoyed the curtains in the dorms. But the staff is the best part of this place! Thanks guys, see you next time!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Romania

I arrived very late into Timisoara and had to leave the next morning so cannot really comment on the facilities or atmosphere. Raoul from the hostel was very friendly and was understanding. Comfortable bed and in a great location in the centre of the city. Would stay here again.

A real gem, Freeborn has one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at a hostel. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, the outdoor area is wonderful for drinking coffee in the morning sunshine or eating together at night. Location is very central, and the staff does a wonderful job giving you ideas for things to see/do around the city. I wholeheartedly recommend staying here!

• 8th Oct 2014

Really nice staff working at the hostel. It's a bit old/dirty looking and a bit cold. But it's got a really awesome atmosphere and in a great location.

The atmosphere is very great there (like the owners). As soon as you arrive, you feel beyond to a big family with all the guests.

+ side: good location, hairdryer, good atmosphere - side: dirty, expensive, little bit unsafe - you can easily get in early morning without being noticed, no one at reception

Dear Anna, although you are saying nice atmosphere, location, hairdryer in your overall score it seems to be diffident, Like staff was voted-poor, atmosphere-average, facilities-average...not to mention the rest...I think you are the only one in 3years that said we are expensive. Unsafe?You have keys for the gate outside and the main door, which are locked at night. The staff sleeps there, at least one of them because it makes no sense to keep them up all night, since it's a small place.

This is the perfect place to start a new experience in timisoara !! We had so much fun with mister Raul, the volonteers and all the travellers that we have met ! Barbecue , ping pong , hang out with eveybody, relax time and polinca : perfect balance to stay more , and that s what we did!

• 20th Sep 2014

We had a really great time in this hostel. It's nicely decorated with really helpful and communicative staff and purely positive atmosphere. Our hosts were Bob and Lukas and they gave us some good tips for sightseeing. While we were there some of the artists from this years local street art festival were staying there too which was pretty cool :). Hope to come back here someday :). Definitely would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Great time at the hostel. The really nice owner offered me a shot traditional romanian drink (i think it was homemade). He and his staff were very friendly and helpful, gave me great advice for what to see in the city and where to go eat and they even came out with me one night! We had a great time. The atmosphere was very relaxing and comfortable. The rooms were clean and the showers I used were clean and very spacious. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone i know!!

• 27th Aug 2014

It was a great stay! The atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make this place amazing. Matthew is one nicest people I have ever met. He spend 20 minutes telling us about Timisoara, which is really pretty (except the parts under renovation:) ). Raul, the owner, always makes sure everybody is happy and plays ping-pong or chess with you btw coming back for a rematch!:)and sometimes comes out for a beer! The place is not fancy but has character, feels like a home! Overall - really recommend it!

Loved it! Raul is an incredible host, very helpful when you have questions and always wanting to spend time with his guests and make them feel welcome. My boyfriend and I couldn't find the hostel so we called him, and he came and collected us at midnight! Great atmosphere, fantastic people and excellent map "tours" of the city. We loved it so much, we're coming back next summer! Raul, thanks for introducing me to The Lego Movie! :)

The location is great and one of the workers is happy to take people out drinking. Very laid back feel. Place is pretty dirty though. Sheets are much smaller than bed so you just end up sleeping on the gross vinyl mattress. Shower was tiny and unclean. I did have fun with people here but felt a little grossed out during my stay.

All in all it was really nice. The staff definitely has some passion and knowledge about Romania. Unfortunately they obviously disliked our travel plans and tried to convince us of their style of traveling, which doesn't fit to us. If you look for insider tips for going to the mountains you should go there.

Excellent hostel - really nice art on the ceilings of the dorms and really big lockers. The staff were brilliant; gave so much of info about the town and made us feel welcome, especially with the free ginger beer that's brewed on site. Really close to victory square too, only 2 minute walk from everything. Definitely stay here!!

Great location. Very friendly staff and Raul is very helpful. It is really easy to meet people here as the staff encourages activities together and the outside garden is a nice place to sit together. The hostel itself is not that fancy, but the atmosphere is amazing.

An absolute wonderful surprise. I was only here on a stopover but wish I could have stayed longer. Some of the friendliest people in one of the most underrated cities. Definitely rev commend this hostel!

Great location, staff are cool really chill, know some cool local bars and a lot about the culture and history. Raul the owner is one of the nicest guys you'll meet and free beer if you beat him at ping pong! Definatley the place to stay when you're in Timisoara.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great staff and a really good location. Good choice for a hostel.

My stay at Hostel Freeborn was incredible. The staff are the most helpful, and the environment is both fun and relaxing with its ping pong table and Wii. It was really easy to meet people and learn the best places of Timisoara. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing stay!

• 25th Jul 2014