Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

This is the best place to stay in timisoara! You won't regret it! Raul, the owner, will go out of his way to ensure you an amazing stay in romania. They are more then willing to organised personal tour for more then a fair price and the location if perfect.

I have never written a review before but I feel I have to for this hostel... It was incredible. It's not the fanciest or nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but it's in a great location and the staff are incredible. You feel like you're part of a family with Raul and Trell. If you stay here, you're guaranteed to meet some of the most interesting people and have tons of laughs and memories. Overall experience: Fantastic

• 11th Jul 2014

If you are passing through Timisoara on your travels you cannot miss this place. Raul, the owner is the most friendly and welcoming guy you will ever meet, ensuring your stay is comfortable and fun! The common room, kitchen and outside courtyard are inviting places to meet fellow travellers from around the world and relax, creating a very chilled out environment. You will find a power outlet for each bed and a HUGE locker to guarantee your security. A terrific stay, thank you for everything!!

Great hostel and city to visit. Owner is very welcoming and helpful with travel plans. Thanks

If you are planning on visiting Timisoara, there's no better place to stay than in Freeborn hostel. Its excellent location, friendly staff, inviting atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and facilities make this an excellent hostel. However, what made this hostel stand out among all the other hostels I have stayed in was the owner, Raul. He lead everyone in the hostel to some really nice places to drink and hang out at night. This way, we met many people and had a memorable experience in Timisoara. 10!

• 29th Jun 2014

Everything was just perfect...

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Friendly owner Raul and staff (usually volunteer backpackers) create a welcoming atmosphere. Small kitchen available so cooking dinners is possible. Plenty of effort has gone into the rooms with very large lockers and curtains on the beds for privacy. Very close to central square. I also scored a free beer after beating the owner at table tennis :) Timisoara is definitely worth visiting and will be very pretty once all the construction work is done. I recommend staying at this hostel.

This is my second time in Freeborn and it's really a great hostel. Good dorms and nice garden to chill out. But the best is the atmosphere and Raul who is very friendly and helpful. Definitely the best hostel if you pass by Timisoara!

Really Nice hostel! Very helpful staff and Nice facilities. Maybe the air in the dorm room could have been better. But in overall, it's a really Nice hostel!

A great hostel right in the center of Timisoara, Raul (the owner) was great both in making us feel at home and introducing his city to us. If I am passing by that area again, I would gladly stay at the Freeborn again.

The staff know what we want to find. An excelent hostel!

cool chilled hostel

Yep, great place. Very cool and chilled out but still with all the good stuff, good city advice, friendly staff, comfy common area, proper hostel. And other nice guests to meet, always a bonus :) Loved the curtains on the bunkbeds! Was only sorry I couldn't stay here and in Timisoara a couple of nights more!

Good location., friendly staff. Loved the big lockers in the rooms. Liked the extra bathrooms. The kitchen had everything we needed. Everything could use a good scrub though.

Reeealy loved it!.I can honestly say it was one of the best hostels I stayed at. Will definitely be back!

This hostel is cozy and comfortable! The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful, they know Timisoara and gave us great advice. It was very easy to make friends with other guests, too, and we had a great time hanging out in the common area. The hostel is small but has everything you need and a great location near the center, parks, and markets. We definitely want to come back! We highly recommend Freeborn if you're visiting Timisoara :)

The best hostel in all timisoara!!! Excellent staff. Location just perfect. They will help you with everything you need. Thanks very much! El mejor hostel de todos. La verdad que es un 10. Ubicacion perfecta. Relacion precio/calidad excelente!!! Gracias!

Fabulous location right in the middle of the city centre of Timisoara. You can easily walk to everywhere including (20 mins) the train station at Timisoara Nord. It’s a lovely hostel, everything is fresh and clean,with a beautiful courtyard. Raul is an amayzing host, we loved every minute of our stay. Bars, restaurants and takeaways all within a few mins walk, Carrefour supermarket also very close by. Exactly what a hostel should be like!!

The owner was traveling in southeast Asia and the manager was away in I think Slovenia so two Volunteers were left behind to run it, one of whom had been there before and had a good relationship with the owner but had still only been there three days this time. The other had been there a month but didn't seem to do anything. The place was fairly dirty and not well maintained. The volunteers were nice and took me out but all in all if I was going back to Timisoara I'd look elsewhere first.

Thanks for the review! As you said both me and my brother were away (my brother has another job and had been sent out of the country) and he tried his best to find people in such a short notice and obviously that wasn't good enough. Everything is good now though, I'm back too and I hope if you ever come back to Timisoara that you will give us another chance, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed! Kind regards, Raul

It is always a pleasure to come back to this hostel.