Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

Clean, great location, friendly staff

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Romania

The host was great and very friendly

Good location near city center. Looked like a really fun place to stay. Shame we were only there for one night. Raul was great host

My stay at Freeborn hostel was amazing! Raul is the best host you can imagine, as he is always willing to help you out and in for some fun. The hostel itself is really cosy and clean and location is perfect. Had a fantastic stay in Timisoara and definitely will come back!

• 16th Jan 2016

This hostel is great equipped with a great location in the centre of the city. The host is remarkable, Raul is a very kind and helpfull person with a great personality. He helped us to organize the transport to Serbia/Belgrade and brightened our stay with great hospitality. I´ll definitely recommend this place to everyone who´s planning to visit Timișoara.

Raul the owner is one of the most nicest most genuine blokes I have ever met... There was never anything he could not do for my friend and I... I have stayed in alot of hostels all over the world now but no one has gone out of there way to make our stay feel as if we're at home like raul did. I recommend this hostel to anyone. I will be back for sure. It is right in the middle of town and has everything you need! Thanks for everything raul I'll see you again soon

great host who makes an effort for guests

Raul the owner was one of the most welcoming and helpful people I have come a cross in my last 4 months of traveling. The hostel is also located very close the the center. He suggested wonderful things to see and helped us book our bus tickets. It was a wonderful stay here. Thank you so much!

Great hostel

Raul, the hostel owner, is who really made this stay special for me. I was traveling alone on my birthday and he really made me feel welcome and at home. He even got me cake with candles and sang me happy birthday! It´s something I´ll always remember. The hostel is in a PERFECT location. Just a two minute walk to the main attractions and city center. There´s a really cool outside terrace. There´s three different bathrooms, all with nice hot showers. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• 6th Dec 2015

I liked the overall atmosphere and the facts that there are extra showers and toilets. The kitchens is well equiped and the host helps you out wherever he can. He speaks several languages and his English is fluent. Everything is clean and good. Perfect hostel!

Really nice hostel, super friendly staff, full kitchen, fresh grapes in the yard, pingpong table, plenty soap and shampoo available, videogame, nice tv, comfortable bed, good heating system, spacious bedroom, big lockers.

everything is great, except external showers and toilet, which are useless when outside is lower than 5 degrees celsius.

We are young couple who traveled through Europe and we spent 2 days in Timisoara. We decide to choose Freeborn hostel because of good reviews and we didnt make mistake. Owner Raul is friendly and helpful guy, location was perfect and city is beutiful.

Freeborn is a great hostel in a perfect location in Timisoara. Raul, the owner, is great and very helpful to ensure you get to know the city during your stay. Good vibes, good people, cool place to hang out and would highly recommend. Make sure to rent the bikes for only 3 lei per day! Great way to see the city.

• 30th Oct 2015

booked a night and ended up staying a week! the hostel is small and homey, and raul is probably the most attentive hostel owner ever. he's there when you check-in,no matter what time,around to hang out,play ping pong,mario kart or just chill most of the day. great patio area outside,clean kitchen, small living room where i maybe spent too much time! perfect location a couple blocks from the main squares and hidden bars. and if you like palinka raul will welcome you with a shot of his dad's best!

Good location near city center. Raul was very helpful with planning and information.

Had a good stay despite practically being the only guest in the hostel! Good central location and the night guy was a legend!

Very friendly, welcoming and comfortable. Go there to relax, not just to pass through

i think this hostel is abit run down and needs a re-vamp... small indoor common area not really ideal for winter cause theres limited space... outside area is great. the staff made this place most bearable.... if it wernt for them i probably would have stayed elsewhere for my 2nd night.

Dear Jemma, as far as I can tell you are referring to the building itself when you say a bit ran down, and I agree. See the thing is I'm a tenant, there are more people in the building and I can't really do anything about that....trust me...I tried!:)Inside its small, warm and cozy:) and I think the people make the difference, that's why most choose a hostel anyway.The way your are greeted, the home-like feeling thats where we thrive. And as you said we are doing it great:) Kind regards, Raul:)

« first « Prev 1 2 3