Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

This hostel is awesome! At first i was going to spend two nights there but eventually stayed for three weeks. Everything was just perfect - location, price, cleanliness, and great atmosphere. I loved the common room which was a good place to work during the day and a perfect place to meet other people at night. But the best thing about this hostel is the staff - very friendly and helpful people, everybody is absolutely amazing. Probably the best hostel i've ever been to. I'll be back soon!

• 10th Dec 2014

Such an awesome hostel! Had a great stay here. It's in a really good location, clean, fully equipped kitchen and common room (with a TV and a wii.. Soo good) and an awesome atmosphere with fun helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Nov 2014

What a awesome hostel! They organized many activities in hostel,pretty crazy but funny, Bed is big and cozy,really want to stay longer and come back again!!

The hostel was amazing in every which way. The location is perfect and is located next to everything you need; super markets, restaurants, bars, etc. The inside of the hostel is the best i've ever seen. They have a ping pong table, bikes, and a nintendo wii inside! Playing a round of Mario Kart is a fast way to bond with your fellow travelers.

• 13th Nov 2014

Small hostel, centrally-located, with a friendly, attentive staff.

Freeborn is unlike any other hostel I've been to. The layout is relaxed, the facilities are top notch and the staff welcome you like family. Grace, Bob and Jess (staff) showed us a great time - not to mention the infamous Raul who is hospitable, generous and killer at ping pong. The place was clean and safe and the location was convenient for exploring and visiting the sights recommended by staff. They also helped organise a charter bus to Begrade for me which was great, 10/10 would recommend,.

This is without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed in. The kitchen is well equipped and has all kinds of seasonings, oil, etc. free for use. Comfortable, spacious rooms with curtains on the beds for privacy make for a good sleep. Excellent utilities and facilities (bike rental is cheap and easy). Raul, the proprietor, is one of the most amiable, easy-going people I've come across on my travels, so the atmosphere is top notch. The free shot on arrival is his dad's own palinka - best I've had yet

• 21st Oct 2014

The hostel had a really cool vibe from the beginning. Very chilled out, feels like you are staying at a friends place. The staff took us out to eat and after we went for some beers. The place had perfect location, clean, and enjoyed the curtains in the dorms. But the staff is the best part of this place! Thanks guys, see you next time!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Romania

I arrived very late into Timisoara and had to leave the next morning so cannot really comment on the facilities or atmosphere. Raoul from the hostel was very friendly and was understanding. Comfortable bed and in a great location in the centre of the city. Would stay here again.

This hostel is absolutely awesome. Raul, Bob, Grace and Jess (the staff) were all incredibly welcoming. I stayed longer than I was going to despite the fact that I had done everything in town because I wanted to hang out at this hostel; the vibe is that good. It's more like being at home than at a hostel. They all went out of the way to make sure you had a good time, including taking everyone in the hostel out. Make sure you get Grace to show you the map, she's great at it. Highly recommended.

A real gem, Freeborn has one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at a hostel. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, the outdoor area is wonderful for drinking coffee in the morning sunshine or eating together at night. Location is very central, and the staff does a wonderful job giving you ideas for things to see/do around the city. I wholeheartedly recommend staying here!

• 8th Oct 2014

Really nice staff working at the hostel. It's a bit old/dirty looking and a bit cold. But it's got a really awesome atmosphere and in a great location.

The atmosphere is very great there (like the owners). As soon as you arrive, you feel beyond to a big family with all the guests.

+ side: good location, hairdryer, good atmosphere - side: dirty, expensive, little bit unsafe - you can easily get in early morning without being noticed, no one at reception

Dear Anna, although you are saying nice atmosphere, location, hairdryer in your overall score it seems to be diffident, Like staff was voted-poor, atmosphere-average, facilities-average...not to mention the rest...I think you are the only one in 3years that said we are expensive. Unsafe?You have keys for the gate outside and the main door, which are locked at night. The staff sleeps there, at least one of them because it makes no sense to keep them up all night, since it's a small place.

This is the perfect place to start a new experience in timisoara !! We had so much fun with mister Raul, the volonteers and all the travellers that we have met ! Barbecue , ping pong , hang out with eveybody, relax time and polinca : perfect balance to stay more , and that s what we did!

• 20th Sep 2014

We had a really great time in this hostel. It's nicely decorated with really helpful and communicative staff and purely positive atmosphere. Our hosts were Bob and Lukas and they gave us some good tips for sightseeing. While we were there some of the artists from this years local street art festival were staying there too which was pretty cool :). Hope to come back here someday :). Definitely would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

I had a great time at Freeborn. Location is great, right off the main square near the catherdral. Nice chill out area in the garden. Kitchen was a little small and the common area inside was also tight. Very friendly and helpful staff. Large lockers in every room.

Great time at the hostel. The really nice owner offered me a shot traditional romanian drink (i think it was homemade). He and his staff were very friendly and helpful, gave me great advice for what to see in the city and where to go eat and they even came out with me one night! We had a great time. The atmosphere was very relaxing and comfortable. The rooms were clean and the showers I used were clean and very spacious. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone i know!!

• 27th Aug 2014

It was a great stay! The atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make this place amazing. Matthew is one nicest people I have ever met. He spend 20 minutes telling us about Timisoara, which is really pretty (except the parts under renovation:) ). Raul, the owner, always makes sure everybody is happy and plays ping-pong or chess with you btw coming back for a rematch!:)and sometimes comes out for a beer! The place is not fancy but has character, feels like a home! Overall - really recommend it!

Loved it! Raul is an incredible host, very helpful when you have questions and always wanting to spend time with his guests and make them feel welcome. My boyfriend and I couldn't find the hostel so we called him, and he came and collected us at midnight! Great atmosphere, fantastic people and excellent map "tours" of the city. We loved it so much, we're coming back next summer! Raul, thanks for introducing me to The Lego Movie! :)