Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

Reeealy loved it!.I can honestly say it was one of the best hostels I stayed at. Will definitely be back!

This hostel is cozy and comfortable! The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful, they know Timisoara and gave us great advice. It was very easy to make friends with other guests, too, and we had a great time hanging out in the common area. The hostel is small but has everything you need and a great location near the center, parks, and markets. We definitely want to come back! We highly recommend Freeborn if you're visiting Timisoara :)

The best hostel in all timisoara!!! Excellent staff. Location just perfect. They will help you with everything you need. Thanks very much! El mejor hostel de todos. La verdad que es un 10. Ubicacion perfecta. Relacion precio/calidad excelente!!! Gracias!

Fabulous location right in the middle of the city centre of Timisoara. You can easily walk to everywhere including (20 mins) the train station at Timisoara Nord. It’s a lovely hostel, everything is fresh and clean,with a beautiful courtyard. Raul is an amayzing host, we loved every minute of our stay. Bars, restaurants and takeaways all within a few mins walk, Carrefour supermarket also very close by. Exactly what a hostel should be like!!

The owner was traveling in southeast Asia and the manager was away in I think Slovenia so two Volunteers were left behind to run it, one of whom had been there before and had a good relationship with the owner but had still only been there three days this time. The other had been there a month but didn't seem to do anything. The place was fairly dirty and not well maintained. The volunteers were nice and took me out but all in all if I was going back to Timisoara I'd look elsewhere first.

Thanks for the review! As you said both me and my brother were away (my brother has another job and had been sent out of the country) and he tried his best to find people in such a short notice and obviously that wasn't good enough. Everything is good now though, I'm back too and I hope if you ever come back to Timisoara that you will give us another chance, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed! Kind regards, Raul

It is always a pleasure to come back to this hostel.

This hostel is great. Dada is the best host I've had at a hostel this whole trip! She knows everything about the city and if you like art, music, culture etc you will be in very good hands. She even bought me Romanian food made by her grandmother for us to try! Such a good vibe at this place! You will feel so at home, all her friends that come to visit are good people. One if the best hostel I've stayed in and I've been to more than 20 countries. The person running it is what makes it so great!

Nice place with a relaxing vibe. It is also close to everything in the city center and the staff is very friendly and helpful

Freeborn was one of my favourite hostels on my travels. Location is brilliant, central and close to everything to see. The atmosphere is lovely and the owner will always try to involve you in anything that is going on, as well as information about the city and any help that you need. It is so easy to interact with everyone and there's such a friendly, welcoming vibe in the hostel. They will store your luggage for you after check out and the beds are comfortable in warm rooms.

• 5th Jan 2014

Good location in the center om town. Great service. Raul is a cool guy! Really honest and very down to earth. I had a great stay even though it was just for one night. I will definetely come back to this hostel. When I'm back in Timisoara. =)

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Norway

To tell the truth,this is not 100%. Although this is not perfect,staff is 120% or more.So totally 100%. For me,this is the best hostel in my life:) I hope nobody stay here.Otherwise It will be no vacancy for me!!hahaha:)

It felt like being at a friends house. I feltvery welcomed and Raol helped me for hours with my broken computer. I highly recomend this hostel! It central and clean as well.

We stayed there for two nights and it was great! Raul is a great host and he really tries to make you feel like home. The place of freeborn is very central and it's only a couple of hundred meters till the big shopping street..

Centrally located with lots of character & charm, the friendly & chilled atmosphere, makes this hostel a cut above the rest.The bedrooms and bathrooms are also warm & clean and the staff and owner are fantastically helpful.I would definitely recommend this place & I hope to return.

Table tennis table is great!