Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

Awesome place! If you go to Timisoara, its the place to be. A big thanks to Lucky and Raul for the hospitality!

The staff at Freeborn is very helpful and available at any time. The recommendations they provided helped us experience the city on a more local level. I would highly recommend staying at Freeborn Hostel in Timisoara if you are looking for a classic hostel experience.

The hostel is very well situated - absolutely in the heart of the city. We stayed in the 8 place room which was not bad. In the room there are curfews that can be used. There are 3 bathrooms: 1 inside and to outside. The atmosphere was super cool and the staff is very helpful. Raul usually meets you with a shot of "tuica" but when we arrived it was finished. So write him an email to remind to have it when you come (hahahahahha). I would suggest to have some more board games. Thank you!. HUGS!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Romania

Amazing hostel that feels just like a home. Great staff, location, kitchen, & atmosphere. Even though it rained the 3 days I was there, there was always something to do and people to meet. Highly recommend.

This is my favourite hostel I have ever stayed at. Every other hostel should strive to be like freeborn. Thankful for the great service and the lovely people i met.

Awesome place! The owner is a really hilarious and awesome guy who genuinely cares about guests having a good time and will often arrange nights out for everyone. Location, facilities and atmosphere are all great here.

Had a great time staying here. Raul is the nicest hostel owner I've met anywhere. Always happy to play pingpong or even uno. The place is small but has a great courtyard for sitting around playing games or having a chat. Very highly recommended for anyone stopping by in Timisoara.

• 9th Jun 2015

This was a great experience! Raul and his mum were very welcoming and helpful. It was a good bed, there was a secure locker and the outdoor area was a great place to hang out. It was easy to socialise with other guests. If I return to Timisoara I would definitely stay here again!

Perfect place. In the very center of the city, clean toilets and bathrooms, good beds. Raul gave us a big hand to program our trip through Romania.

Very nice hostel just outside the city center with a great backyard to chill out in.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! There was a really nice atmosphere here. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the bathrooms were very clean. I didn't stay long so I didn't get a chance to use any of the other facilities (like table tennis and video games) but they looked like a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Raul was the perfect host. He helped me a lot with my queries before landing there and, once in the hostel, he and Trell, the Australian member of the staff, made me feel at home. You have video games and TV to your disposition; even the chance to play the guitar, which makes the stay much more enjoyable. If you want to spend your time in Timisoara among friends, this is the place to come!

I really like this hostel. I'll probably never stay elsewhere in Timisoara. It's comfortable, the beds are nice, and Raul and his mom are ridiculously kind people. It was really cold outside, so hanging out there was like hanging out at my friend's apartment, just with more friends. The staff were excellent - very cheery people. I really enjoyed the city.

The hostel is in a great location with a wonderful owner. Based on what other travellers have said, it is probably the best hostel in Timisoara.

Raul is great host

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Serbia

Great staff, great vibe. Multumesc frumoase pentru tot!

This was a great hostel, first night raul and his mother fed me no cost! Traditional romanian food. It really is a great place to stay in timisoara which is also a great city. Gotta give another thank you to Neil who was helping out. Hostel was very clean and safe over all an amazing place to stay. Thanks nick uk

Staff really helpful and heartful, great location.

It is a very homely place right in the heart of Timisoara city. It felt like going home to my apartment, so I will return whenever i am back in this lovely city.

AMAZING PLACE! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in ever, really! As soon as I walked inside I loved the vibe, Raul (the owner) is one of the nicest and interesting characters out there and really makes for an enjoyable, relaxed stay. The actual hostel itself is also fantastic, such a nice layout with all the facilites that are needed as well as being interesting and fun! Even if the city wasn't as great as it is, I would come back just to stay at this hostel, such a great time :)

• 24th Jan 2015