Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

Super friendly staff! Good location, comfortable.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Romania

I had a very good time at Freeborn hostel. The owner, Raul, just got a food package from his Mom so he offered me some awesome "sarmale" with smashed potatoes!!! The hostel is very close to the city center so that at the evening we went just 10 m away for some beer and played billiard. I will definitely come back in February! ps. Don't miss the Palinca ;)

• 15th Jan 2015

Really nice hostel in the center of the city! Clean and really friendly staff. Raul gave me map of the city and explained it in detail! It was pretty quite there, I was the only guest but we watched a movie and played Mario Kart:)). I will definitely be back!

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Been looking forward to come to the hostel, I heard great things. Perfect location, well kept, great host, "Palinca" was amazing. It was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed at.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Romania

I had a great time staying at freeborn, the hostel is clean and well kept, and Raul was a great host. Definitely recommed it!!!

I really enjoyed the place! Wound up staying an extra night because (thanks to the very helpful staff) it turned out that there was much more to do in Timisoara than I expected. The hostel was clean and tidy and I got free coffee which is always a plus. The staff really do try their very best to accommodate you and make sure everything is to your liking, so definitely talk to them about any questions you have (especially Raul!) Also hard to beat the location, you can see the castle and the opera

• 8th Jan 2015

I had the great pleasure to stay at this hostel twice, and I've always been sad too leave... Great place near the city center with charming and handsome staff ! They're always happy to help and will be happy to take you out for a drink (i gt mine free for beating the owner at pool ^^ ) !! Cosy hostels where I had a feeling of fraternity and friendship, perfect ! FREEBORN ROCKS !

• 7th Jan 2015

The staff are super helpful and friendly and its in a great location!

Good location in the heart of Timisoara, near enough to places of interest, restaurants, bars and clubs. Helpful staff which gave me lots of info and tips about the city. Beds are comfortable and dorms spacious with big lockers. Good wifi. The drawbacks are that facilities are a bit run down and showers/toilet aren't good. The living room is too small and the dorm's door doesn't prevent all the noise that comes from corridor.

This hostel is awesome! At first i was going to spend two nights there but eventually stayed for three weeks. Everything was just perfect - location, price, cleanliness, and great atmosphere. I loved the common room which was a good place to work during the day and a perfect place to meet other people at night. But the best thing about this hostel is the staff - very friendly and helpful people, everybody is absolutely amazing. Probably the best hostel i've ever been to. I'll be back soon!

• 10th Dec 2014

Such an awesome hostel! Had a great stay here. It's in a really good location, clean, fully equipped kitchen and common room (with a TV and a wii.. Soo good) and an awesome atmosphere with fun helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Nov 2014

What a awesome hostel! They organized many activities in hostel,pretty crazy but funny, Bed is big and cozy,really want to stay longer and come back again!!

The hostel was amazing in every which way. The location is perfect and is located next to everything you need; super markets, restaurants, bars, etc. The inside of the hostel is the best i've ever seen. They have a ping pong table, bikes, and a nintendo wii inside! Playing a round of Mario Kart is a fast way to bond with your fellow travelers.

• 13th Nov 2014

Small hostel, centrally-located, with a friendly, attentive staff.

Freeborn is unlike any other hostel I've been to. The layout is relaxed, the facilities are top notch and the staff welcome you like family. Grace, Bob and Jess (staff) showed us a great time - not to mention the infamous Raul who is hospitable, generous and killer at ping pong. The place was clean and safe and the location was convenient for exploring and visiting the sights recommended by staff. They also helped organise a charter bus to Begrade for me which was great, 10/10 would recommend,.

This is without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed in. The kitchen is well equipped and has all kinds of seasonings, oil, etc. free for use. Comfortable, spacious rooms with curtains on the beds for privacy make for a good sleep. Excellent utilities and facilities (bike rental is cheap and easy). Raul, the proprietor, is one of the most amiable, easy-going people I've come across on my travels, so the atmosphere is top notch. The free shot on arrival is his dad's own palinka - best I've had yet

• 21st Oct 2014

The hostel had a really cool vibe from the beginning. Very chilled out, feels like you are staying at a friends place. The staff took us out to eat and after we went for some beers. The place had perfect location, clean, and enjoyed the curtains in the dorms. But the staff is the best part of this place! Thanks guys, see you next time!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Romania

I arrived very late into Timisoara and had to leave the next morning so cannot really comment on the facilities or atmosphere. Raoul from the hostel was very friendly and was understanding. Comfortable bed and in a great location in the centre of the city. Would stay here again.

This hostel is absolutely awesome. Raul, Bob, Grace and Jess (the staff) were all incredibly welcoming. I stayed longer than I was going to despite the fact that I had done everything in town because I wanted to hang out at this hostel; the vibe is that good. It's more like being at home than at a hostel. They all went out of the way to make sure you had a good time, including taking everyone in the hostel out. Make sure you get Grace to show you the map, she's great at it. Highly recommended.

A real gem, Freeborn has one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at a hostel. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, the outdoor area is wonderful for drinking coffee in the morning sunshine or eating together at night. Location is very central, and the staff does a wonderful job giving you ideas for things to see/do around the city. I wholeheartedly recommend staying here!

• 8th Oct 2014