Freeborn Hostel Reviews

Str. Patriarh Miron Cristea ( Str. Asanesti ) Nr.3, Ap.1, Timisoara, Romania

This is the perfect place to start a new experience in timisoara !! We had so much fun with mister Raul, the volonteers and all the travellers that we have met ! Barbecue , ping pong , hang out with eveybody, relax time and polinca : perfect balance to stay more , and that s what we did!

• 20th Sep 2014

We had a really great time in this hostel. It's nicely decorated with really helpful and communicative staff and purely positive atmosphere. Our hosts were Bob and Lukas and they gave us some good tips for sightseeing. While we were there some of the artists from this years local street art festival were staying there too which was pretty cool :). Hope to come back here someday :). Definitely would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Great time at the hostel. The really nice owner offered me a shot traditional romanian drink (i think it was homemade). He and his staff were very friendly and helpful, gave me great advice for what to see in the city and where to go eat and they even came out with me one night! We had a great time. The atmosphere was very relaxing and comfortable. The rooms were clean and the showers I used were clean and very spacious. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone i know!!

• 27th Aug 2014

It was a great stay! The atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make this place amazing. Matthew is one nicest people I have ever met. He spend 20 minutes telling us about Timisoara, which is really pretty (except the parts under renovation:) ). Raul, the owner, always makes sure everybody is happy and plays ping-pong or chess with you btw coming back for a rematch!:)and sometimes comes out for a beer! The place is not fancy but has character, feels like a home! Overall - really recommend it!

Loved it! Raul is an incredible host, very helpful when you have questions and always wanting to spend time with his guests and make them feel welcome. My boyfriend and I couldn't find the hostel so we called him, and he came and collected us at midnight! Great atmosphere, fantastic people and excellent map "tours" of the city. We loved it so much, we're coming back next summer! Raul, thanks for introducing me to The Lego Movie! :)

The location is great and one of the workers is happy to take people out drinking. Very laid back feel. Place is pretty dirty though. Sheets are much smaller than bed so you just end up sleeping on the gross vinyl mattress. Shower was tiny and unclean. I did have fun with people here but felt a little grossed out during my stay.

All in all it was really nice. The staff definitely has some passion and knowledge about Romania. Unfortunately they obviously disliked our travel plans and tried to convince us of their style of traveling, which doesn't fit to us. If you look for insider tips for going to the mountains you should go there.

Excellent hostel - really nice art on the ceilings of the dorms and really big lockers. The staff were brilliant; gave so much of info about the town and made us feel welcome, especially with the free ginger beer that's brewed on site. Really close to victory square too, only 2 minute walk from everything. Definitely stay here!!

Great location. Very friendly staff and Raul is very helpful. It is really easy to meet people here as the staff encourages activities together and the outside garden is a nice place to sit together. The hostel itself is not that fancy, but the atmosphere is amazing.

An absolute wonderful surprise. I was only here on a stopover but wish I could have stayed longer. Some of the friendliest people in one of the most underrated cities. Definitely rev commend this hostel!

Great location, staff are cool really chill, know some cool local bars and a lot about the culture and history. Raul the owner is one of the nicest guys you'll meet and free beer if you beat him at ping pong! Definatley the place to stay when you're in Timisoara.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great staff and a really good location. Good choice for a hostel.

My stay at Hostel Freeborn was incredible. The staff are the most helpful, and the environment is both fun and relaxing with its ping pong table and Wii. It was really easy to meet people and learn the best places of Timisoara. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing stay!

• 25th Jul 2014

Nice place, nice people.

I really enjoyed my stay in Freeborn Hostel; the personal was amazing and really easy going: as soon as we arrived they offered us a glass of a sort of typical liquor! The atmosphere was very nice too, thanks to a small outside garden where you could stop and just talk, relax, playing ping pong...Moreover, the position was perfect, really close to the city centre. Well,enjoy your stay in Freeborn Hostel!!!

• 19th Jul 2014

This is the best place to stay in timisoara! You won't regret it! Raul, the owner, will go out of his way to ensure you an amazing stay in romania. They are more then willing to organised personal tour for more then a fair price and the location if perfect.

I have never written a review before but I feel I have to for this hostel... It was incredible. It's not the fanciest or nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but it's in a great location and the staff are incredible. You feel like you're part of a family with Raul and Trell. If you stay here, you're guaranteed to meet some of the most interesting people and have tons of laughs and memories. Overall experience: Fantastic

• 11th Jul 2014

If you are passing through Timisoara on your travels you cannot miss this place. Raul, the owner is the most friendly and welcoming guy you will ever meet, ensuring your stay is comfortable and fun! The common room, kitchen and outside courtyard are inviting places to meet fellow travellers from around the world and relax, creating a very chilled out environment. You will find a power outlet for each bed and a HUGE locker to guarantee your security. A terrific stay, thank you for everything!!

Great hostel and city to visit. Owner is very welcoming and helpful with travel plans. Thanks

If you are planning on visiting Timisoara, there's no better place to stay than in Freeborn hostel. Its excellent location, friendly staff, inviting atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and facilities make this an excellent hostel. However, what made this hostel stand out among all the other hostels I have stayed in was the owner, Raul. He lead everyone in the hostel to some really nice places to drink and hang out at night. This way, we met many people and had a memorable experience in Timisoara. 10!

• 29th Jun 2014