Freedom Hostel - MG Reviews

Praça Antonio Dias 14 centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

The very unstable wifi was the biggest down side.

• 15th Jul 2014

The owners were Great and very friendly. The location is excellent

Awesome place to stay, you feel yourself like home.

Grest hostel. Staff are very friendly and love explaining the history of the area. Very enjoyable.

• 8th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a central location to the centre. Friendly owners. Was very clean and felt homely.

We had a brilliant stay in Ouro Preto with Papa and Mama! The two owners and their family are so friendly and accommodating you almost feel like you're at home! It's a bit of a walk up the hill to get to the main square but you're going to find that anywhere in this village. Good breakfast in the morning and good banter from the owners...what more could you want?

Just down the hill from the main plaza. The owners of this hostel are very nice and accommodating and really love their beautiful town!

• 18th Jun 2014

The best hostel experience I've ever had. The hostel is a very short (up) the main square where you find whatever you need and mama and papa ( the owners) will make you feel at home! Thank you so much for everything! The tips to what to do in the city, taking care of me and of course, the best cachaça tour ever! will come back for sure!

really kind, welcoming owners that make you feel at home...hostel was clean, with good showers and comfy mattresses...and near all the main sights!.overall a great hostel, really enjoyed my stay!

We had a fantastic time and felt like part of the family - definitely recommend staying here. The newly renovated hostel is a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main square. The place is clean and the beds are very comfortable (new mattresses). Most rooms have an ensuite which is a bonus. The service received was excellent, passing on history and tips for the area and organising trips. Breakfast was good with a variety of fruit and amazing cakes along with bread, ham and cheese.

The owners were absolutely lovely and helpful. giving information about what to do and see in town and even helping me plan my trip onwards to salvador. the hostel is located near the central square, very secure, clean. The breakfast is ok, compared to other Brazilian breakfast it was quite small but still nice. There is only one small common area which is part of the kitchen/dining area but a balcony that over looks the town. Showers and toilets in each dorm are kept clean

great hostel, really nice people and great atmosphere!

Really kind and attentive staff, always worried if we were ok and willing to share a cup of coffee. They have an outside area with a table, where breakfast was served, and the kitchen is really cute. Everything was nice and clean, although the bedroom seemed a little smaller and simpler to me than they look in the pictures, and I didn't see a bar at all, maybe for my fault, cause I stayed only for a night.

Not only do we have a fun bar now but we also give all our guest a FREE welcome cachaça!.....also, Ouro Preto is a partying university town so we give tips on and when the frat university houses are giving parties!!!

I had a great Stay there!!! the Staffs are very solicitous,attentive, charismatics. the location is very positive. i loved everything.

• 2nd May 2014

I really liked my stay in the hostel, i really felt like at home, the owners are really nice and helpful

I LOVE FREEDOM HOSTEL! Freedom hostel is like your home away from home. I have never stayed in a more welcoming hostel nor have I met more hospitable people while staying in hostels and pousadas. Mama and Papa are wonderful, a great wealth of information and great tips for things to do in Ouro Preto, and they make eveyrone feel like family. Wonderful place! Can't wait to go back!!!

Loved Freedom hostel! Is a family house so it makes you feel like home! Nice rooms, very confortable matresses, hot and good showers and lovely house! Papa and Mama are so nice, such lovely and caring people, they make me feel like I was at home with my parents haha. I definetely recommend this hostel if you're looking to relax sorounded by nice people!

The best hostel with a live-in family / owners that I have ever stayed in. Anthony et al couldn't possibly do a better job of making you feel at home and at ease. Truly beautifil people living in a truly idillic setting. Definitely THE place to stay in Ouro Preto. Thank you so much for your hospitality guys. Keep up the good work!

The best place to stay! You will feel at home sharing the family daily life. The owners are the sweetest persons ever. You get much more that what you paying for! Only a little inconvenient in the rooms: it is missing some space for luggages. But still I will go back there.

Brilliant treatment from Mama and Papa, they are very sweet and help you out in everything they can. The hostel it self, is very nice too, clean, cozy and close from the main square. Familiar atmosphere I clearly recommend it!!