Freedom Hostel - MG Reviews

Praça Antonio Dias 14 centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

Great place!!! So secure, the personal the re id very kindly.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

The communal area is a little small

Good breakfast, good people, very clean and close to everything. I will recommend to all my friends. I loved!

Excellent hostel, very very clean, excellent and helpful staff and it was just a very enjoyable stay

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is more like a family home : warm family but noise including too. Coming from Rio de Janeiro hostel, it can be a bit of a change, I felt a bit lonely there as I was missing other backpackers. Otherwise really really nice owners, carefull and good mood!

Good hostel but breakfast could be better !

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was very good. The beds are comfortables and the location is great : the hostel is located in a calm area. The owner is very kind and welcoming, she helped us a lot to plan our journey in Ouro Preto and even to find a missing phone! And she is currently revamping the hostel to make it even better. I would definitely recommend!

The very unstable wifi was the biggest down side.

• 15th Jul 2014

The owners were Great and very friendly. The location is excellent

Awesome place to stay, you feel yourself like home.

Grest hostel. Staff are very friendly and love explaining the history of the area. Very enjoyable.

• 8th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a central location to the centre. Friendly owners. Was very clean and felt homely.

We had a brilliant stay in Ouro Preto with Papa and Mama! The two owners and their family are so friendly and accommodating you almost feel like you're at home! It's a bit of a walk up the hill to get to the main square but you're going to find that anywhere in this village. Good breakfast in the morning and good banter from the owners...what more could you want?

Just down the hill from the main plaza. The owners of this hostel are very nice and accommodating and really love their beautiful town!

• 18th Jun 2014

The best hostel experience I've ever had. The hostel is a very short (up) the main square where you find whatever you need and mama and papa ( the owners) will make you feel at home! Thank you so much for everything! The tips to what to do in the city, taking care of me and of course, the best cachaça tour ever! will come back for sure!

really kind, welcoming owners that make you feel at home...hostel was clean, with good showers and comfy mattresses...and near all the main sights!.overall a great hostel, really enjoyed my stay!

We had a fantastic time and felt like part of the family - definitely recommend staying here. The newly renovated hostel is a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main square. The place is clean and the beds are very comfortable (new mattresses). Most rooms have an ensuite which is a bonus. The service received was excellent, passing on history and tips for the area and organising trips. Breakfast was good with a variety of fruit and amazing cakes along with bread, ham and cheese.

The owners were absolutely lovely and helpful. giving information about what to do and see in town and even helping me plan my trip onwards to salvador. the hostel is located near the central square, very secure, clean. The breakfast is ok, compared to other Brazilian breakfast it was quite small but still nice. There is only one small common area which is part of the kitchen/dining area but a balcony that over looks the town. Showers and toilets in each dorm are kept clean

great hostel, really nice people and great atmosphere!

Really kind and attentive staff, always worried if we were ok and willing to share a cup of coffee. They have an outside area with a table, where breakfast was served, and the kitchen is really cute. Everything was nice and clean, although the bedroom seemed a little smaller and simpler to me than they look in the pictures, and I didn't see a bar at all, maybe for my fault, cause I stayed only for a night.

Not only do we have a fun bar now but we also give all our guest a FREE welcome cachaça!.....also, Ouro Preto is a partying university town so we give tips on and when the frat university houses are giving parties!!!