Freedom Hostel - MG Reviews

Praça Antonio Dias 14 centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

The courtesy and friendliness of the owners are amazing.

• 28th Nov 2014

The woman from the hostel was very nice. We arrived very early because we took a night bus, but she already let us in our room to sleep.

Very pleasant stay. The owner is great and helpfull. Good beds,clean bathroom with hot showers.I could return there anytime.

This hostel was quite ok for a short stay, but it wasn´t clean at all. I booked a room, but I was put in another one (upper category... but anyway.) was the only one in an 8 bed room, and all of the other bed had used old bedstuff on it, the trash can in the toilet was so full... from the first day I arrived till last day and in the kitchen the sponge for washing the dished was "living". Breakfast was ok. Actually it was the only hostel during one month of travel where I got ill (intestine).

The couple who run the hostel are friendly and helpful people who speak good English.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Carina the co- owner was very friendly and helpful and made me feel at home. The rooms are a little small but clean, with new bathrooms. Freshly brewed coffee for breakfast was a plus and the largish new clean kitchen was accessible throughout the day. I would definitely stay here again.

This property let me down completely, it was nowhere close to the reviews i read, breakfast had a very basic spread, no fruits, beds were just ok, the hostel could have been more cleaner in all the places.

Amazing! Great family, wonderful facilities. And the best breakfast!!! Vou voltar de novo, com certeza :)

• 27th Aug 2014

Great place!!! So secure, the personal the re id very kindly.

The communal area is a little small

not any more we bought the property next door, more space now!!!

Good breakfast, good people, very clean and close to everything. I will recommend to all my friends. I loved!

Nice staff!

Excellent hostel, very very clean, excellent and helpful staff and it was just a very enjoyable stay

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is more like a family home : warm family but noise including too. Coming from Rio de Janeiro hostel, it can be a bit of a change, I felt a bit lonely there as I was missing other backpackers. Otherwise really really nice owners, carefull and good mood!

Good hostel but breakfast could be better !

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was very good. The beds are comfortables and the location is great : the hostel is located in a calm area. The owner is very kind and welcoming, she helped us a lot to plan our journey in Ouro Preto and even to find a missing phone! And she is currently revamping the hostel to make it even better. I would definitely recommend!

The very unstable wifi was the biggest down side.

• 15th Jul 2014

The owners were Great and very friendly. The location is excellent

Awesome place to stay, you feel yourself like home.

Grest hostel. Staff are very friendly and love explaining the history of the area. Very enjoyable.

• 8th Jul 2014