Freedom Hostel - MG Reviews

Praça Antonio Dias 14 centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

Mama and Papa are the loveliest and most dearest hostel owners I've ever met. Such a cute location, really makes you feel at home! Lovely breakfast, especially tea for me as I'm 'british' Would highly recomend!

I couldn't have asked for more from this hostel, the rooms were perfect and mama and papa were always there to facilitate for any of my needs. You will be treated like family add soon as you walk in the door and that's exactly how it should be. many thanks from "Super bike man"

• 16th Apr 2015

I was really lucky to meet the kindest and most helpful hosts on my entire trip! Thanks a lot for everything. E

Very friendly and accomodating.

Very good hostel, the owner is super nice, breakfast was good, beds were ok. Just missed having a bigger place to rest and chill out as the outside area is too hot during the day and there is no couches to rest. I didn't like to hear that the female dorm will be closed. I probably wouldn't stay if no female dorms available.

This is the best hostel in Ouro Preto. How do I know this without being to any other hostel there? That's because the existence of a better hostel would be mathematically impossible and would cause the universe to collapse.

Nice clean place managed by US/Brasilian family, helpful and efficient. Nice homey atmosphere, nice breakfast, central location. Difficult to find they should post a map with trail as a picture :)

We went to Ouro Preto for New Year's eve and were disappointed to find out nothing was going on in the city. Mama and Papa made sure we had a great experience nonetheless. They are so nice and helpful and happy that the atmosphere at this place could not be any better. It felt really good to join the other guests and talk, party, share experiences. As for the facilities and dorms there are a lot of room for improvement, which seems to be happing already, so it's no big deal. Just book it!

This is a well located hostel in Ouro Preto, but the best of it is the hospitality. Papa and Mama are cheerful and caring human beings. My friends and I spent New Year's Eve at Freedom hostel and the atmosphere was so great people from other hostels came to join us in the party.

The courtesy and friendliness of the owners are amazing.