Freedom Hostel - MG Reviews

Praça Antonio Dias 14 centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

I LOVE FREEDOM HOSTEL! Freedom hostel is like your home away from home. I have never stayed in a more welcoming hostel nor have I met more hospitable people while staying in hostels and pousadas. Mama and Papa are wonderful, a great wealth of information and great tips for things to do in Ouro Preto, and they make eveyrone feel like family. Wonderful place! Can't wait to go back!!!

Loved Freedom hostel! Is a family house so it makes you feel like home! Nice rooms, very confortable matresses, hot and good showers and lovely house! Papa and Mama are so nice, such lovely and caring people, they make me feel like I was at home with my parents haha. I definetely recommend this hostel if you're looking to relax sorounded by nice people!

The best hostel with a live-in family / owners that I have ever stayed in. Anthony et al couldn't possibly do a better job of making you feel at home and at ease. Truly beautifil people living in a truly idillic setting. Definitely THE place to stay in Ouro Preto. Thank you so much for your hospitality guys. Keep up the good work!

The best place to stay! You will feel at home sharing the family daily life. The owners are the sweetest persons ever. You get much more that what you paying for! Only a little inconvenient in the rooms: it is missing some space for luggages. But still I will go back there.

Brilliant treatment from Mama and Papa, they are very sweet and help you out in everything they can. The hostel it self, is very nice too, clean, cozy and close from the main square. Familiar atmosphere I clearly recommend it!!

I loved "Mamma" and "Pappa", the owners of the hostel. They make staying in their hostel an unforgetable experience! Breakfast was good and the dorms were comfortable. I will also never forget my welcome! Before I was checked it, I was invited next door to try the best cachaca I have ever tasted. And on my second day they booked me in for a free tour with a neighbouring hostel! The only complaint I have is there are only two showers, but I loved the place so much it didn't matter.

We love you Nicole!, well 2 showers is not so bad for the budget room but thanks to guests satisfaction we are growing so im happy to announce that the hostel is finished now and we now have 8 showers!....peace and love

It felt like I was part of an amazing family. Breakfast was delicious and very traditional, the rooms were amazingly comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts - we had the best time!!

• 15th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

One of best hostel what I was!

Very friendly owner. I had to cancel my bookings for the same day and there werent any problems to do this without getting charged.