Freedom Hostel Reviews

6, Bank Misr St.,off Sherif St., Downtown - Front of the Egyptian Central Bank., Cairo, Egypt

This is the best hostel I found in Egypt on a 3 week trip, and the only one I feel compelled to review. I felt at home straight away with the helpful and friendly staff, and the relaxed lounge atmosphere where you can easily meet other backpackers. Beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet too. You can basically sort your whole Egypt trip out here because they help with a range of tours around the country. I went on the Luxor and Aswan tour, and it was brilliant.

Staff are great. Thanks for your help Peter!

• 19th Feb 2015

Thanks a lot Emanuel :) Peter

Very friendly and helpful staff. Dorm was a bit cramped and not very well designed. Toilets were okay, could have been a bit cleaner. Found the common room to be a bit strange, but that is how they all seem to be in Cairo.

1st thing, excellent staff!!!!! 2nd, very convenient location to do whatever in Cairo 3rd, amazing atmosphere. Whatever you need just ask!!!! 4th, Its hard to find clean and cheap hostels in cairo. So just stay here and avoid disappointment!

Great location super nice staff

I liked this hostel better than the first one we stayed at in Cairo. However, someone tried to get into our locked room several times throughout the night (we had a private room. When we told the woman at the front desk about how this made us feel uncomfortable, she just laughed and never investigated the issue. It didn't make us feel very safe.

Dear Valued Guest Thanks for taking time to submit your review for our hostel :) , we are happy to know that you liked it here , i think it's a guest tried to open your room by mistake because all the staff never do that specially we have spare keys and we care about the safety of the place which is one our high lights as a hostel in Cairo , Our corridor has all room in raw and it's easy that someone tried to open the door by mistake , plus you have your own key . best regards

Great hostel. Chose to come back here after a week in Upper Egypt because the staff are friendly and helpful, it's in a good location and is nice and clean.

Great location and very clean. Peter organized my entire trip during my stay and I had no problems whatsoever. The people at the hostel always have great advice, from sites to see to food and other activities. The hostel has a great vibe and you're certain to interact with many people - locals and travellers.

A fantastic hostel overall! The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I'd recommend to anyone visiting Cairo.

Tu casa es mi casa, amigo. Great place for stay in egypt.