Freedom Hostel Reviews

6, Bank Misr St.,off Sherif St., Downtown - Front of the Egyptian Central Bank., Cairo, Egypt

Great location super nice staff

Great location and very clean. Peter organized my entire trip during my stay and I had no problems whatsoever. The people at the hostel always have great advice, from sites to see to food and other activities. The hostel has a great vibe and you're certain to interact with many people - locals and travellers.

A fantastic hostel overall! The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I'd recommend to anyone visiting Cairo.

Tu casa es mi casa, amigo. Great place for stay in egypt.

The best hostel in El Cairo. Facilities and atmosphere similar to this type of hostels in Europe.

The staff made me feel at home from the first moment.

Much as gracias amigo , mi casa Es tu casa

It's a great hostel, the staff was so kind and helpful. I just stayed a day with them, but I spent such a great time. I highly recommend this hostel. The room was so comfortable and clean. The facilities were pretty good. The common area was cool and the atmosphere was excellent.

Thank you so much Orbe :) , home away from home anytime , Mi casa es tu casa ;)

Best stay in Egypt! arrived into Cairo in an early flight, pickup was waiting for me upon. Brought me to the hostel where I showered & made a rough draft for my stay. My 14 days in Egypt were jam packed and I loved every minute of it, Thanks Peter!. The staff at freedom hostel were so kind and made me feel immediately at home. Very clean throughout . Looks a tad rough from the outside but thats part of the charm :) The air conditioner was amazing after plus 40 weather. Great value! Shukran!!

• 27th May 2014

Very hard to find, in a building construction that looks like a abandoned building. Kind of sketchy down town area and about 20-30mins walk to egypt museum (not 10 like they say). Breakfast was fine and clean enough though I woke up with lots of bites that most likely came from Mosquitos. No atmosphere at all and felt very unwanted

In one word: AWSOME! First, you will not find any staff more attentive than in Freedom. Is very center and safe. The cleaning is up standards compared with any other place in Egypt and the price is just great! Is small enough to be familiar and comfortable. It is so great that it even has hair dryer!.. FREEDOM HOSTEL! We will be back...

It is the place to be in Cairo! The staff is amazing, very hospitable, always ready to help you out, organizes trips and airport pick ups, and even passes by your room with coffee when your back exhausted from a day's out. The location could not be better, in the heart of Cairo with sights and shops just nearby. Another big plus of the place is its cleanliness. It is great value for money and I recommend the Freedom Hostel to everybody visiting Cairo.

Loved this Hostel. Peter and all the staff were great, they helped with everything and made our trip and stay in Cairo extremely pleasant and special. We endured some extreme conditions due to the political tension in the country but Peter and the staff were very accommodating with this, helping us pick the best times and places to go. Would absolutely recommend this to anyone!

• 20th Jan 2014

Great hospitality, the staff would serve you tea in the dorm after a busy sightseeing day. Also I really appreciated that they organised transportation to the pyramids for us for a very reasonable price. Thank you!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Love this place! Peter and his staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and warm. They are excellent resources for anything you'd like to do in Egypt. Despite the instability, I found Cairo to be safe and Egyptians are very friendly. This is an excellent opportunity to see history in the making! Do not believe all that you see in the media. Now is the time.

The 3 biggest pluses for Freedom Hostel are location, staff and cleanliness. It's located perfectly in downtown Cairo, close to the museum, Nile, ATM's, shops and great restaurants and cafes. With excellent staff that are always there to assist you with any need possible. Cleanliness is also one of the big factors in this hostel. I really enjoyed the welcoming, homely feel it has and would definitely recommend a stay at Freedom Hostel for anybody planning a trip to Cairo. Sukran Freedom Hostel!

100% recommended, very cleen, awesome stuff, very well located

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

Great hostel in downtown Cairo. The staff were great and helpful. Very friendly and honest... They were happy to help me when ever I had a special need (using a phone, washing my clothing, directions/advice) and I highly recommend a visit here.... One of the big + was the cleanliness of the Hostel... I've stayed in a few hostels and Cairo and this one is definitely neat and tidy and free of anything nasty lol. Thanks guys

Stayed her for around a week! Cool staff, I was sick in the middle of my trip and they were really accommodating. Place is clean, right in downtown so is lots of local cafes and stuff near by. the lady in the morning is super sweet. Islam and peter were really cool and was a great way to spend my first week in egypt. Thanks guys for everything!

• 8th Nov 2013

I had an amazing stay at Freedom in Cairo. The country is facing a difficult moment but the guys at the hostel helped me with everything and i could have incredible experiences in that wonderful city. The situation in Egypt is not so dangerous as is shown at the Western television and i didn`t have any problem here. Really recommend this hostel !!!

• 12th Jul 2013

When I first decided to go to Egypt I was nervous because it's a very diferent culture than mine. But in the hostel they made me feel like home. They were always traying to help you out in anything you need. The location is very good next to the egypt museum. Ask for Mido! This great guy that works at the hostel! He is very nice and fun and will help you when needed! (Anyway they are all very very nice). Beautiful hostel. Claudia, Chile.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4