Freedom Hostel Reviews

6, Bank Misr St.,off Sherif St., Downtown - Front of the Egyptian Central Bank., Cairo, Egypt

Would be good if lockers were provided for valuables and ideally backpacks.

Dear Mr Steven , Thanks for taking time to review our hostel and we hope that you had a great stay here . We will do our best to still excellent as you rated us and we will work on that as you mentioned . We wish to see you again in Egypt . Home away from home :) . Freedom Team

Freedom Hostel is amazing. Perfect location in Cairo to see all the sites as it's within 10-15 minutes of a major subway station. The staff are really amazing too. They helped me to and from the airport (way cheaper than by normal taxi). They also set up some tours with local guides who were good, not necessarily the best but you got what you paid for and more. The only negative I have is that there are no lockers. There are signs that mention lockers but there is no where to lock your stuff up.

Dear Michael , Thanks for taking time to review our hostel and we hope that you had a great stay here . We wanted to say that there are lockers with private keys inside the dorm room where you have stayed may be you did not see that .If you asked about that , We would tell you :) . We will do our best to still excellent as you rated us . We wish to see you again in Egypt . Home away from home :)

The hostel is very good. Very good location. Good beds, good bathrooms, very nice local decoration and the best is the all the staff, but the girl in reception is so lovely and also the manager make you feel very comfortable. Really great place.

Dear Alicia , Thanks for taking time to review our hostel and we hope that you had a great stay here . We will do our best to still excellent as you rated us . We wish to see you again in Egypt . Home away from home :) .

Good location. BEST staff ever! Really friendly guys, nice to talk with them and will try to help you with whatever you need. They have some tours as well with fair prices to see all the things in Cairo. Good breakfast. Nice atmosphere. Clean

Great stay! Atmosphere was awesome, met lots of people from all over the world. Hostel recommended and awesome tour to all of the pyramids that was a great value and best way to see everything. Also arranged travel to airport which was a huge bonus...definitely would stay here again.

• 15th Nov 2015

Great hostel right in the heart of downtown Cairo. Staff were really helpful! Highly recommend

Amazing staff members, Sarah was outstanding! I was warmly greeted by her every morning with a coffee waiting in hand for me!!!! and the city map they offer is very helpful for wondering around the city.

Average hostel, still clean but you have to climb up 4 flights of stairs. Free tea and breakfast.

Nice hostel in Cairo down town. Dont freak out when you arrive to the building where is placed. Big rooms, ac, clean bathrooms and very friendly and helpfull staff. Thanks Mustafa and Islam. I would definitely come back.

Loved this place!! The guys at reception were lovely and so helpful, they really made it. Its a small hostel but it worked really well, it was really relaxed.

The staff were very helpful and the wifi worked great!

Amazing hostel the hospitality is meets every expectation and beyond. Room I stayed in was very spacious. Recommend highly you won't regret it!!!!

Amazing hostel with amazing staff (really helpful to help you get around the city). Will definitely be back !

The staff is amazing. Very friendly and professional. Even offered to go to the pharmacist for me and get me food while I was sick, so I wouldn't have to go out. Hostel was clean for Cairo. Facilities were hit and miss as sometimes you would have to wait for water to be available for a shower. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking from your time to review out hostel and we hope you enjoyed your trip in Cairo . You have stayed with us for 5 days , the problem of the water happened for 2 hours on the fourth day and the reason was that the government was fixing the pipes in the street . We hope to see you again in Egypt , Home away from home :) . Freedom Team

I had a great time, maybe in the future i will be lucky enough to return, thanks for everything! Regards Sean :)

I stayed here twice and loved each time. The staff is beyond awesome and in a country where nothing is clear or written in english, these guys helped me navigate many things with ease. The hostel is clean with very comfortable beds, wifi, free breakfast, free computer to use, kitchen, and a TV. Each room had an A/C that helped a lot during the hot days. Definitely recommend this hostel for backpackers and small groups.

We had a nice stay at the hostel and were happy to use it as the base for our travels up and down the Nile. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend to friends/family who visit Cairo. Thank you for making us feel at home!

• 6th May 2015

From the moment my brother and I arrived until the time we left, the staff was wonderful, attentive, friendly, and helpful. Truly, a great example of Egyptian hospitality. The option to be picked up from the airport was appreciated. We recommend this facility for budget travelers whom wish to be a part of the Cairo hustle and bustle. One thing to be aware of is the noise level... It's not terribly loud but you can hear other guests walking around the facility and the noise outside.

This hostel is very nice. The location is very good and the rooms are big and nice. The price even includes breakfast which was a pleasant surprise. Also, you get ok quality free wifi internet.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Romania

This is the best hostel I found in Egypt on a 3 week trip, and the only one I feel compelled to review. I felt at home straight away with the helpful and friendly staff, and the relaxed lounge atmosphere where you can easily meet other backpackers. Beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet too. You can basically sort your whole Egypt trip out here because they help with a range of tours around the country. I went on the Luxor and Aswan tour, and it was brilliant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5