Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Stayed only one night but it was great. Rooms was super clean an air conditioned. Bathrooms were decent, water was hot. There's not much around the hostel but the train station but that was nice for arriving and departure, also easy access to everything you need to get around the city. Definitely worth staying here.

Only spent a few days here at the start of my trip but it was a great place to meet new people, the happy hour is a fantastic idea and works well! Really close to the main train station and the staff are always on hand to help you out. Really hope I get to go back the next time I'm in Rome!

Very easy to meet other people, the perfect place for a solo traveler. Right next to the train station and only a 20 min walk to the Colosseum. Cleaned everyday, big spacious rooms, free wine, snacks, coffee and pastries.

The staff was rude. I felt like I was at church camp and they were the camp counselors. They have a common area but it wasn't very comfortable. I tried cookin one night but the kitchen grossed me out and I didn't use it again. I lost a map and it was a huge burden for them to give me another. The computer in the main entrance was a good asset and helped me out a lot. Other than that I didn't feel welcome or comfortable there and I avoided the staff as much as possible.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Hi thank you for the review. Rude staff hard to believe they are one of the best features of this hostel with a 90% rating. besides the main common area we have several other ones with couches ad a nice outfoor garden terrace i am surprised you didn't find at least one comfortable. I don't undersand the church camp feeling you got , we serve free wine and snacks every evening in the main common area and our atmosphere rating of 85% you don't get it at church camps. Have safe travels..

Great hostel with everything we needed. Free breakfast and wine were a bonus!

Nice hostel, helpful and smiling staff. All you need from a hostel. Free wine is good! Highly recommend!

The staff here is hilarious. The happy hour was a lot nicer than I expected, and was a good way to meet other travelers for dinner/drinks. The rooms are very well maintained, large, and at least some are air-conditioned. The hostel is near Termini, so you can connect to other transportation options easily, although I found it easier to walk most places. My one complaint was the keys don't always work in the main gate so you have to buzz the desk half the time. Luckily they have someone 24/7.

Great hostel if you want to meet fellow travellers! Thanks to the free wine and snacks which they serve every night I met some really nice people. Very social hostel, the staff are really nice too and help you if you need something. The rooms were nice and clean, overall a good place to stay when in Rome.

Nice hostel, pretty good location. The front desk staff could have been a little more friendly and helpful. Free wine at night which was a great, cheap way to get to know other travelers. The owner was also extremely nice!

After staying in this hostel for 4 nights, I can honestly say I felt like part of the family. The staff are so so so friendly and wonderful people to be around. The hostel itself was very clean and is right across from the train station so it's convenient to get anywhere from there. the free wine nights created a wonderful environment to participate in and make tons of new friends, I would like to add I made many I will never forget!!!

The staff is very friendly. I really liked the way Gina and Sohail helped me plan my itinerary as I was there for only 2 days. The location is also great as it is one block away frm the Termini station..Therr are a lot of good places to eat as well!

Super clean and stylish. Friendly staff and good atmosphere. The breakfast (that is included) seemed pretty terrible to me (coffee from the machine and brioches) but on the other hand a small and sweet breakfast is a very Italian thing. Gret location nearby Termini Station. Internet of the hostel's computers was terribly slow, practically didn't work, but WIFI was ok in the common areas.

Excellent location!! 5 minutes walking from Termini train statioin. Very helpful and friendly staff, bathroom and room very clean, free coffee machine, free wine in the evening, which is very nice for interaction with other guests! I recommend this hostel! :)

• 11th Jun 2015

The private room we stayed in was quite nice, the air conditioning was AMAZING (you control it yourself), there was a tv in our room that worked very well and the wifi was good. The staff were especially helpful and kind! I would certainly recommend it!

One of my best hostel experiences! Great location, friendly staff and clean rooms. The happy hour really brought all the travellers together and was perfect for solo travellers. The owner and the staff put in a lot of effort to create a good hostel atmosphere. I will definitely come back!

The staff was very friendly and nice. The wine & snacks in the common area was a great way to help people meet each other...great idea!!

• 6th Jun 2015

This is the only 100% review I've ever given and it's for good reason. This hostel made week in Italy what it was. The sights and the city are nice but the atmosphere at this hostel was the best! FREE WINE EVERY NIGHT!!! That's right from 7-11pm you get to bond with fellow travellers over several bottles of wine. Even if everything else was irrelevant you should stay here just for that. Everything else was great though, the owner is hands on and knows what he is doing. Loved my stay, thank you!

Good stay! The recpetion staff were super nice and helpful. Loved free wine time :)

The best atmosphere i have ever had and happy hours is the best time to socialize and have fun.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I was welcomed by Gina who is just amazing. Other staff members were friendly and attentive as well. Atmosphere is nice and I met great new people at 'Sangria time', everyday at 7pm. All conditions were very good. Good location. Pizza place just in front had great value. I would definitely come again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5