Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Very good location, easy access to Termini and Metro, very quiet and safe place, friendly and helpful staff. I would like to come back to the hostel when I come back to Rome.

Rather a nice hostel

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is nice, but there was a problem in the bathroom front of the room 207. The bathroom was clogged and was really inconvenient to take a shower there.

Great hostel for the price. Very close to the train station, and the staff was exceptionally patient and helpful. The facilities were clean and up to date, but be careful during the cooler months as the hostel is a bit drafty. The only glaring issue I noticed was that it was easy for many doors to go unlocked for hours. Most doors had to be manually locked, so if other guests neglected to do so, they could be left open for some time. Regardless, I still felt safe at this hostel. Overall great!

Location near Termini station is convenient, however the router on the third floor cuts in an out frequently, the dorm had a pretty funky smell, and there could definitely stand to be an extra bathroom or two. I can't speak for the Happy Hour or pizza because I didn't partake. Overall, the hostel is livable, but if I ever visit Rome again, I probably wouldn't stay here if I didn't have to.

Great stay in Rome. Very helpful staff - ask about the best Gelato place, and they won't lead you astray. Wine and snacks were great, and brought a nice atmosphere if you wanted to join in. Would definitely return.

• 24th Nov 2014

We rented a private room. Felt very secure and they had it cleaned each day we were there. Needed to get through 3 different locked doors to get to our room. It was a great atmosphere. And not a long walk to any of the sights of Rome. A great hostel and a great price.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The location of the hostel is about 5 mins walk from Termini, so it's very convenient if you need to catch a train the next morning. The breakfast is simple but better than nothing. They have free wine and snack every night and it's a great chance to catch up with other travelers.

The location is great, near station, supermarket, police station. It is very secure not only because near police station but also has many locks. It has a kitchen and a garden bar. The lockers are spacious. Breakfast is included and free wine and snack in the evening. The rooms are very clean. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. Giovanni and Julia helped me quite a lot during my stay there. Thank you very much and I would stay in your hostel again if I return to Rome.

Good location. Room was clean and cozy, good bathroom. Free wine and snacks on the Friday night but didnt really bring the atmosphere. Decent wifi. Room was on the 5th floor and no elevator to use if I didnt have bags so that was a bit of a trek. Staff was friendly and helpful. I prefer the more modern hostel with key cards and plugs by the beds though

Great location and staff, but shower with cold water and the drain clogged. Don't have lift for guests.

• 12th Nov 2014

Great location. Very close to the train station and a manageable walking distance from everything. Perfect for our short stay in Rome. And the free wine in the evening is great!

Two staffs are always with smile :) I really love them !😘I It is nice location from the airport and also offer breakfast (one bread and drinking ) The price is really reasonable and every day they clean the room :) I really enjoy my trip :)

Awesome location, staff always helpful and the small breakfast every morning is great to start the day and get going. It was a nice say and I'd recommend for anyone who wants to go to Rome and get to places easily

• 7th Nov 2014

neighborhood was very noisy. I can not imagine in touristic season. We stayed in private room but our next door was Cleaning room and washing machine worked all night. But neighboorhood is so close to train/bus station. You can walk to touristic areas. Staff is helpfull and Breakfast was delicious :)

great location- only a couple minutes walk from Termini from which you can go anywhere in the city! Breakfast and the free wine and snacks were a very nice touch. Good atmosphere, but they have quiet hours from 11:30 pm to 8 am so its nice if you want to sleep too! Only bad thing was that it was very hard to find at night because there is no sign lit up! Look for it in the day- its across from the RIo Bar with two large wooden doors.

The location is convenient, it's just a 6/7 min walk to reach Termini (the main train station in Roma) You will find a little kitchen, a little common area but not really warm ... It's enough to cook or sit with somebody to talk but not the place you would hang out to meet people ... The price is correct because the breakfast is included so it's not really cheap but still ok ... The staff is random ... one guy is sooo nice ! (The youngest) other people are not always kind with you ... Well 2/4

Nice staff, friendly to give you travel tips and advice Happy hour at night is good, you can meet a lot of interesting people the location is good breakfact included is tasted!

Super friendly and awesome staff that went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable. female 4 bed dorms are better because you get your own bathroom. there was a lot of old people (more than I´ve encountered in other hostels, but probably because it´s the low season), but the hostel has no control over that. excellent location, decent breakfast.

The owner (and only employee), Giovanni, makes this place a haven for travelers. I was delighted with the above-and-beyond hospitality from the beginning. He addressed me by name before even meeting me, cooked authentic delicious Italian food during my entire stay, gave me espresso in the morning without asking, and shared so much passion and knowledge about the city you couldn't help but get wrapped up in it all. His passion for life and for taking care of others shows. Highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6