Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

The Freedom Traveller is great!!!! The stuff is incredible!!! Is perfectly well located, right by the side of the central station. It was our first time at Rome and we loved it. The wifi is great, is really clean, the bathroom was really good too.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

Staff were really helpful and funny!

Pros: Location Wi-Fi Kitchen Cons: Dirtyish Located to a noisy street

This was a really nice hostel. Great location, nice sized lockers in each room (bring your own lock), and it was cleaned every day. Ample shower facilities. The breakfast was free (croissant and coffee) across the street. Garden was nice. Would be nice if the common room could stay open a bit later (especially on weekends) because 11pm is sort of early when you've just made new friends and it was a bit of a walk to a pub.

It is a very short walk from the Termini train station. Understand that Termini may be crowded and there may be a few determined beggars inside the station and Rome in general. You may have to be curt with them. Everything with then hostel was fine, except that they claimed the credit card machine was not working and that I needed to pay for my room in cash. I learned that they tried to pull same thing to my roommates too who checked in days later, but they refused and paid with their CC.

This hostel has a lot of character. Love the old building. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. The staff is some of the friendliest I've met in a hostel. Nice breakfast included at a restaurant across the street, and a great deal for dinner.

Hostel is in a great location!! Easy walking distance to all major sites in Rome, we didn't need to use the metro once. Staff were super friendly when answering our many question too. Remember to bring a padlock for lockers, not sure if this was stated or not because most of our roommates didn't seem to have a lock! Breakfast is simple but still good seen as it's free and the deal they do on a night with the same restaurant is really good we were SO full for only €5! Thankyou for having us!!

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great common room and outdoor area so it was easy to meet everyone else in the hostel. Great location (5 min walking from the train station which has easy access to both airports). Would definitely recommend.

• 8th Jul 2014

There wasn't hot water because the boiler was broken. Also, every single morning they wake you up to clean the room before 10AM. It's really not nice when you need to sleep late...

I loved the garden were me and my friend always ate and at night met up with other travellers! The place is quite central, since it's so near termini station and everything is walkable. When we arrived the staff immediately discouraged us to buy the Roma pass. Super advice! The kitchen is small and has limited facilities, but everything worked quite fine. The lockers were big and in the rooms, but bring your own lock! The showers, unfortunatly, were horrible. Werent hot and just bad.

• 5th Jul 2014

Small common room. My room was immediately outside the entrance, so I did not sleep well at all. Shower head needs replacing, very old looking with sticky tape holding bit together, head would fall off when water was switched off, which might hit you if not careful, shower would not drain properly. No breakfast. Small kitchen. My bed was being removed daily for some reason, which I am not willing to ask why. And same bedding returned. I would stay somewhere else if somewhere else was better

A good experience for the most part. There's too many keys for all the doors, which makes it really confusing and is a waste of time trying to figure out which key goes to which door. Key cards would be a good idea to invest in or make all the locks one key is also a good option. The first night we got kicked out of the common room because the people next to us were being too loud, so I'm not sure why we got kicked out. This was 5 minutes after the loudest crowd ever left for a pub crawl.

96 stairs to our room! Wifi was intermittent. Breakfast was across the street and very basic. Enough cooking facilities and fridge. Great small garden and courtyard. Good location ~ 15/20 minute walk to major attractions.

The staff was so helpful and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. Would definitely suggest this hostel to a friend!

• 30th Jun 2014

Was good if you need to be near the train station or bus terminal- we were here just for a long layover. Bathroom was gross and AC was not working. Front desk staff were nice but promised to fix AC and did not

Really great, wish I had longer in Roma so I could have stayed there longer.

Good location. Restaurants very close. Grocery and corner stores across the street. Nice hostel to stay at, would definitely stay again and recommend to others. Only negative thing to say would be that all the shower head holders were broken so it was a little difficult to shower.

Our stay with you was wonderful and your hostel staff is very warm.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • India

We were with Franco because we had a private room and I couldn't have asked for a more hospitable host, we have just come back from a month long trip and this was by far the best hostel we stayed at- would highly recommend this place and would DEFINATELY come back

This is the best you'll get in Roms. Excellent value for your money, most helpful staff and owner (couldnt find ice in the freezer so he went next door to get me some, so sweet!), really good location, lockers provides, good kitchen, spacious rooms with private bathrooms, good wifi, free map and information about everything. Wasn't the biggest fan of Rome but this hostel was great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6