Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Great atmosphere,i had really beautiful stay in the hostel.there was free wine party every night, thats awesome.shower was clean and new renovated,reasonable price,great location,staffs are so friendly and helpful.i got beautiful room decorated,nice color.i will recommend to all of my friends to stay in that hostel.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • India

A little old, but overall good value for money. Included breakfast is nice and so is the wine and snacks they serve in the evening. I had to change rooms mid-way through my stay, which was a little frustrating. I saw cleaners in the rooms every day but found dust bunnies and items left by previous guests on the floor. Relatively inexpensive hostel-- nothing fantastic but not too bad.

Staff were awesome and the free wine and breakfast were great. The lock out for "cleaning hour" was inconvenient and the hour was more like two hours per room. after a big night out it is challenging to be unable to sleep in! though perhaps that was a good thing! Lack of keycards for doors was annoying.

I was there only one night and it was a lucky night because Giulia cooked fantastic pasta for everyone.. everything was great.

• 14th Jan 2015

Staff was really kind.

This is the second time I spend my vacation in this hostel (the first time was one year ago), and I am somehow disappointed. Fist, the staffs were not so friendly compared to those whom I met 1 year ago. When I checked out, the lady at the counter was unfriendly, just like she wanted me to go as soon as possible, she could not even give a smile. Second, the sack was not so good, few things to eat. Yet, a very nice thing: the hostel locates at a very convenient place, near the Termini Station

I had a rm mate check-in at 00:30am, dropped the bag n left till 4:30am. He came back like his home, did everythin loud ... went to the toilet without flushing, constantly spoke sth to himself which I could barely hear the words. I was totally pissed off by his amazing performance. In conclusion, if u r stayin in a dorm. A crazy rm mate would be gd enough to ruin a 5 stars hotel. So why bother so much about how ppls review. Im tellin you now, gd location, helpful stuff, what u need is luck!

1. Keys for two doors are hardly to open (four doors in total). And the staff always told me try to open the keys by myself first instead of ringing the doorbell. 2. Unstable temperature of shower water; maximum water temperature is between cool and warm. 3. The drain in of the the shower room is clogged, drain very slow (make your feet soak in the water after shower). 4. The sockets are not close to bed. 5. Elevator is not allowed to use, which is inconvenient for the guests in 4th floor.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place, good location near termini, and nice travellers staying. This is a younger hostel, but not a party vibe a chilled one. Everyone is nice and you can tell they are all trying to get the best rome experience as well. My bunkmates were nice but kind of rude when backing up to leave (it was 5am after new years..). Meet up with some friends and just had a great time. Staff is SO NICE! one even gave me a blanket and "tucked" me in when I was freezing my ass off! (not hostels fault).100%

Nice place; very small; almost claustrophobic at times. The guy from Bangladesh at the reception was super friendly. I had free wine and nibbles every night and breakfast was good; coffee and big chocolate croissant; really nice gestures. Downside was that my room was close to the reception and woke me up at 2am once. But definately recommend it for value and happy hour and will stay here again when I'm in Rome.

I stayed there for 3 nights. Great experience! They have a small breakfast (bread and coffee) included but you have access to a kitchen if you need it. Staff was very friendly and helpful! Amazing hostel! I would definitely go there again. - Fiquei lá por 3 noites. Ótima experiência! Eles têm um pequeno café da manhã (pão e café), mas você tem acesso a uma cozinha, se precisar. Os funcionários são muito amigáveis e solícitos! Hostel incrível! Eu definitivamente voltaria lá.

I had to move beds twice within 24hrs as they kept putting me in someone else's bed. The sheets were cleaned and then there was no further bite problem, which strongly suggests a cleaning issue. The staff were friendly, but very unorganised and really kind of gave off the vibe they didn't really know what was going on. The location was good however, walking distance to everything.

Very good location, easy access to Termini and Metro, very quiet and safe place, friendly and helpful staff. I would like to come back to the hostel when I come back to Rome.

Rather a nice hostel

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is nice, but there was a problem in the bathroom front of the room 207. The bathroom was clogged and was really inconvenient to take a shower there.

Nice atmosphere, good welcome. Breakfast should be improved. Small but comfy hostel

Great hostel for the price. Very close to the train station, and the staff was exceptionally patient and helpful. The facilities were clean and up to date, but be careful during the cooler months as the hostel is a bit drafty. The only glaring issue I noticed was that it was easy for many doors to go unlocked for hours. Most doors had to be manually locked, so if other guests neglected to do so, they could be left open for some time. Regardless, I still felt safe at this hostel. Overall great!

Location near Termini station is convenient, however the router on the third floor cuts in an out frequently, the dorm had a pretty funky smell, and there could definitely stand to be an extra bathroom or two. I can't speak for the Happy Hour or pizza because I didn't partake. Overall, the hostel is livable, but if I ever visit Rome again, I probably wouldn't stay here if I didn't have to.

Great stay in Rome. Very helpful staff - ask about the best Gelato place, and they won't lead you astray. Wine and snacks were great, and brought a nice atmosphere if you wanted to join in. Would definitely return.

• 24th Nov 2014

We rented a private room. Felt very secure and they had it cleaned each day we were there. Needed to get through 3 different locked doors to get to our room. It was a great atmosphere. And not a long walk to any of the sights of Rome. A great hostel and a great price.

• 22nd Nov 2014