Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

A fantastic hostel with a friendly staff. It is close to the station. Each room has air conditioning which was a big plus!

I had a very nice stay, the staff is amazing and the hostel offer wine and snack for free every night, like that i met great people there. I'll come back for sure

Gave us free wine when we arrived! Clean and safe. Not a lot of character, but a fairly cute garden area outside. Convenient if you arrive via Termini Station.

We only stayed here for one night in the private double. The staff was amazing...super helpful front desk. They also serve free breakfast, which we can retrieve from the cafe across the street. Unlimited coffee during breakfast was a nice touch. The room was clean, and it was quiet. The location is ideal if you want to be by the Termini train station, which is a 5 minute walk. However, the area gets sketchy at night. I would not want to be walking alone as a female. Glad I had my bf with me.

Comfortable hostel in a handy location. Free breakfast is pretty average but decent for a light snack.

excellent stay, the free wine and snacks during the happy hour was great :) hope to be back soon

• 10th Aug 2014

Great comfy rooms :)

Experience was average - stayed at better hostels

Staff at this hostel are really helpful and can give you useful information and advice. The garden is a great place to hang out and the atmosphere was amazing.

I booked for 2 nights but was placed in 2 different rooms which meant I had to switch rooms after the first night -- I had to wake up to check out and didn't get to sleep in either day. But no complaints really.The garden is great for meeting other travelers and hanging out!! The staff is very friendly and willing to give directions/ideas for the city. The owner,John, was awesome to talk with and gave us snacks and wine which kept people hanging out together for a while! Would def. book again

Had to change rooms after the first night as they messed up bookings, but not a problem for us as could store our bag in the day. The area doesn't have much to do in it and couldn't find a nice place to eat nearby, but close to the station which was good. Were lockers to store valuables in the door rooms which was good, bit dingy but good value for money place to stay!

Overall good hostel, close to main station, good breakfast, good size dorm rooms with good size lockers. Would recommend this hostel to friends.

The staff here were absolutely amazing and helpful. They went above and beyond to help us when we lost our passport and left a camera with all our photos on at a restaurant. They went to the restaurant and got the camera and organised it to be couriered to us. Couldn't speak highly enough of them. Thank you so much again for making a stressful situation so easy and for being friendly and helpful. Would reccommend to anyone. Beautiful property in the private rooms with really great security.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This wasn't a bad place to stay it just wasn't amazing! The private rooms are down the block but that wasn't too big a deal. One staff was really nice and another one talked so quietly I couldn't understand him. It was close to the train station which was nice but a little walk to get to anything important. My friend and I rented bikes which I would highly recommend since Rome is so big we were able to see much more!

Nice hostel with a good location, staff were very friendly and helpful. Bathroom could have done with some maintenance.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Willfox95

Freedom Traveller was excellent! A little pricey compared to other big cities in Europe, but compared to other hostels in Rome it's a fair price. The rooms are nice (we had our own bathroom), the staff is very helpful, breakfast is free between 8 and 10 am. The best thing is that it's really close to the termini station, from where you can get anywhere in Rome by public transport.

Beware: despite it saying they have various payment options, it is CASH ONLY. ALSO: private rooms are NOT located in the main building/communal area, they are a few blocks away. Only critique would be that they should provide these details to potential visitors.

Booked a private room so they took us around the corner and down the street to a different building. Not a nice street (full of sketchy people one night and police all day the next day). Restaurant they recommend was incredibly rude. 'Luggage room' appeared to be a leaky shed. The staff were friendly and helpful. Close to train station.

The biggest advantage of this hostel over others is it's air conditioning. It's in an ok location, very close to Roma Termini but 25min walk to main attractions e.g. coliseum or pantheon. The cooking facilities were very basic with only a hob (3 rings working)

Really liked the hostel. Not entirely central but a brusque ten/fifteen min walk away from the sights. The staff were really attentive and good. The cleanliness was unlike anything I've seen in a hostel yet (really good!). Only bad thing is the that they have four keys each for a different thing so I really think they should invest in a key card system because that got old pretty fast. Other than that it was a really good hostel and would recommend!