Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

it was really nice, very comfortable and clean, they have conditioned air in all hostel and a garden which is perfect to meet people. totaly recomended

Fine hostel, great location, though the bathrooms were not the cleanest. The room was spacious and the A/C was a dream - in fact, I was cold for the first time in weeks. I was lucky to find a socket near my bed, though I saw others had their things charging across the room. All in all, a totally fine hostel for a stay in Rome.

Out of all the hostels my friend and I stayed at during our Europe trip, this was definitely the best hostel! The staff is very friendly and approachable. We went during summer, during the heat wave and were pleasantly surprised to find the AC worked! The hostel felt more like a hotel and they even have free wine in the lobby!

Very well located, it has a lot of things at reach: convenience stores, a pharmacy and some restaurants. They divide groups from privates to keep noise /calm areas, which i think is good. Breakfast is very limited in variety but works just fine. Coming with a lot of luggage is not a good idea because even though there's a lift is very small. It will hold your stuff, but it is a rather unpleasant experience. Room was nice, AC worked fine but the beds were two singles instead of a double one.

I wasn't here for very long, got in at midnight and left the next afternoon. I stayed in the 4-person female room and it was very nice. As a female traveller who was travelling alone, I felt very safe staying in this hostel. The staff were very polite and helpful and I was able to leave my luggage in a locked storage room until my flight the next day. I would definitely come back here again!

Italy's hostels in general are hard to compare to any other country's, but I thought this one was pretty good. The free wine each night definitely was a highlight and encouraged everyone to meet each other. The security was just ok, but otherwise good. They also had AC :)!

Staffs were extremely helpful. Everything was in walkable distance! I felt at home when I was in the hostel. The AC worked really good especially for Rome heat in the summer which makes traveling feel alot better. A great place to meet other solo travellers. I wished I could've stayed there longer! :)

We only stayed a night in this hostel and arrived quite late, this was not a problem for the guy at reception, he was very helpful and accommodating! Beds were squeaky and our AC kept cutting out but at midnight there isn't a lot anyone can do which is fair enough. Breakfast is some pastries from a bowl.

AMAZING location. I was in Rome for less than 24 hours, so this was perfect. Even better- they offer FREE WINE (durinf happy hour) and UNLIMITED coffee during breakfast!! Great stay. Only downside was that I had to provide my own lock (which I don't have on a backpacking trip) in order to lock my stuff up. That being said, I never felt like anything was unsafe so I can't really complain. Thanks a million!

• 25th Jul 2015

Really helpful and friendly staff. Room was spacious and air conditioned. Well equipped kitchen area and nice common area with courtyard. There was also free wine in the evenings which was a great way to encourage everybody to meet each other.

Great staff at the front desk, thanks for helping me find my lost boots and for the great tips on the airport shuttle! Highly recommend this place!

• 24th Jul 2015

I stayed in the private suite for four ppl it was clean and private....the location was excellent because it was close to train station and shops. The staff was young, upbeat and attentive.

• 24th Jul 2015

Lovely staff. We were given great advice at where to go and even taken out by one of the staff on the first night to a cool bar with live music. Providing free wine on a night is a great idea to get to know people also staying at the hostel. Prices were quite a bit more than what we paid in previous cities but I guess that's to be expected as it's Rome! Keep up the good work ;)

Hostel with soul! we liked it was close to train station and metro.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Serbia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed there for 2 days and it is very close to Termini metro station that you can reach most of the touristic places and the most important part, the staff is really friendly and helpful. They should keep doing what they ve been doing

Great hostel! Good location, we walked almost everywhere. It's not a close walk but it's still a walk away! The staff is super friendly and super helpful. They sat down with us and a map and showed us everything we needed to know about what was near, tourist attractions, good restaurants, etc. The kitchen was a bit small but aside from that, everything was great!!

Very convivial and welcoming atmosphere. Thought the free wine at night in the common room was a very nice touch, as it helped me to build up a rapport with other travellers. The staff were very accommodating and were very willing to give me advice about things to do in Rome. Kitchen a wee bit cramped, bathrooms didn't feel particularly clean. But very good air con in the room, and the room was also quite spacious. Decent enough location with metro nearby.

Good location, only 5 mins from Termini train station, all main attractions are in a walkable distance.

The staff was amazing and very helpful. Location is great, right by termini station so everything is a little walk or bus ride away!

• 17th Jul 2015

The staff was very friendly, and helpful. In dealing with an extremely drunk girl at 1am in the morning, they did a good job. I also liked that they had a small happy hour and snacks in the evening. It made the overall atmosphere a pleasant, friendly one, and it also allowed people in the hostel to mingle. It has A/C! The other hostels I stayed at in Italy in July didn't have A/C, and I as incredibly appreciative that this one did.