Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Had a wonderful stay at Freedom Traveller. The apertivo is greatly appreciated and the staff are friendly and welcoming. My only suggestion would be to provide bath mats in the bathrooms because the bathroom floors get really wet after people use the shower. Although I'm usually pretty careful, I ended up bailing on The floor.

Well located, 5 mins to Termini station. Very convenient The stuff is nice.

Good hostel located very near Termini rail station and metro lines. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Took me a bit to find the place, as the street numbers seemed randomly placed in nothing close to sequential order, but no big deal.The shower was about the size of a phone booth, hahaha.

The staff was sooooooo kind that I could get much information. Wifi network was sometimes very well but sometimes shut down, so I had to go to reception for using wifi. There was no shower room in the dorm, two shower rooms outside. It was sometimes inconvenient because toilet was included in shower room, but it was not that bad. Location is good, very close to Termini station. Even though Termini station is dangerous, security of hostel was perfect.

ok hostel regarding that in rome its not easy to find good ones. The reception is slower than honey.... It took 30minutes for the check in of 2 people

The location is great and the staff is amazing. We had a private room which was fine and it had just the basics, as we anticipated. The washrooms are shared with the floor but I found they were not cleaned daily - or so it seemed that way. It wasn't overly gross but be sure to bring flip flops to use the shower. You get a free breakfast which is really nice and are about a 5 mins walk from the train station.

The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful when we checked in. The wine hour was nice. Great wifi.

It was fantastic, the staff were very helpful and kind. There was a kitchen, a cute patio, a hangout room for residents, about 4 locks to get through until you were in your room- very safe, and the PERFECT location. we could walk everywhere- Vatican, colosseum, pantheon- all within an hour walk. The free wine nights and the breakfasts were such a nice perk too. And they would sometimes put out little snacks! I loved it, can't stress enough how perfect the location was, right by Termini station.

Location not bad, close to train station. Took about 45 minutes to get checked in. WiFi not reliable. Linens may not have been washed. Found hairs and stains on them. Towel provided was dirty. Other residents did not close doors behind them so not very secure. Would not stay here again.

일단 위치가 위험하지도 않고! 그리고 근처에 마트도 있구요! 스탭들 친절했어요!! 공항버스 타는 곳이랑도 가깝구요. 공항버스 위치 어디냐니까 위치 알려주면서 직접 사는 거 보다 온라인으로 사면 싸다고! 직접 사면 6유로 온라인으로 사면 4유로라고! 정보 줘서 4유로에 공항버스 탔어요. 프린터는 장당 20센트였구요. 그리고 젤라또 유명한 집도 알려줬는데 맛있었어요! 현지인 맛집인지 모르겠는데 동양인이 없었어요ㅋㅋㅋ

This hostel was overall okay, but had a few problems. Breakfast was just a (not great) pastry, but at least it was free. Very easy to get to termini station, and there were supermarkets and cafés nearby. The kitchen was small but useable, and the staff were very helpful and fun! However the room wasn't super clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful-Sohel and Julia especially.This is the only hostel of the 6 i stayed in italy that has a complete kitchen for you to use and cook.Rooms were clean.Security was tight with 24hr reception and locks to doors,floors and lockers.Decent wine and crackers were served every night which helped get things rolling-especially my last 2 nights!Location was excellent:close to Train,metro, supermarket and the outstanding National Museum of Rome.Dave P in Los Angeles. .

• 25th Sep 2014

Never again

During the time I stayed I really love the location of the place, although I must complain about the staff some of them were really nice when I arrived but for me some of them didn't helped me when I needed some help (for example carrying my baggage the last day I stayed there). But in general I love to stayed there and absolutely if I need to do another trip to Rome I'll go there again.

Your staff wanted us to pay with cash even though there was not cash only requirement in the booking. The staff member said it was not operational for a few weeks if not months, but as soon as we said we would look for a different place to say, the machine worked. If you don't want to deal with credit cards, say that in your listing. This type of shady business is very disrespectful.

The hostel was great, nice location with all the connections very near, very helpful staff who gave us a lot of info, good breakfast, the garden outside is very nice to hang out, only the bad thing is that it closes at 11.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Very helpful staff, clean room, great location close to the station.

Love it very friendly staff!

very pleasant stay.

great stay and the free wine and snaks was a plus et many other travellers in the garden area