Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Really enjoyed my stay here. Lovely and clean and has everything you need.

Such an amazing hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed at. Awesome and helpful staff, the guy from Bangladesh is really cool too. Clean spacious rooms, good facilities. Great common room area to meet people, a very inviting atmosphere and encourages being social. Did I mention the free wine? Because they provide free wine each night. The owner of the hostel is the man! If you read this, I'll be sure to visit your Canada hostel if you open one! Thanks for a great stay and experience :D

awesome staff and very cool atmosphere

The location was okay but was far from the attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were fairly clean. The breakfast wasn't good as it only consisted of pastries (needs more variety). The atmosphere wasn't good either, and having a bar area or fun activities (hostel dinner/pub crawl) would really help with that. An age restriction would also help as there were too many older guests. Finally a reasonable curfew needs to be set so guests can get some decent sleep.

The staff was super friendly. The rooms were plenty spacious. The wifi was strong in the common area downstairs and in each common area on other floors. Lots of free wine each night, a decent area for gathering and meeting fellow travelers, who all happen to be awesome. I'd definitely stay here again!

Hello, Thank you for the review it's very important for us , but more important is , you enjoyed your stay here in our hostel. And also we hope to see you soon . Best regards , Reception :)

that,s one of the best place i have stayed in my whole trip.highly recommended maaaan.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your visit and the comment it was a pleasure to see you around , and i hope you'll visit us back soon :) Reception.

I have now stayed at three different hostels in Italy and this experience was very unexpected. The bathrooms and dorms seemed unclean and very dirty. The fact that I was paying €10 less per night might have had to do with that, but sometimes the staff was condescending and gave out bad advice. Overall, this hostel negatively impacted my Rome experience. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it. One positive was that every night the hostel served free wine.

thank you for the review . the bathroom and room seemed unclean and dirty or was dirty you don't seem to be sure. Paying 10 euros less per night what are you referring to?I doubt that my staff with a 90% rating gave you bad advice.. I am glad you ENJOYED THE FREE WINE i got scaered maybe the quality wasen't good enough for you.

Upon checking in we were told our private room was located in a separate building about 200m the hostel, which was fine as they walked us over. Room was basic and clean. However the walls were thin and could get quite noisy and the shared bathroom was in a terrible state, the shower head was falling apart and dangling. Hostel was a 5 minutes walk to Roma Termini which was convenient. They also provided croissajnts and pastry for breakfast.

Cold water, dirty room...Sorry, but never more!

thank you for the review. Fortunatly in our hostel every floor has its own water system. sorry for the incovenience on your floor all you had to do come to reception and we would have given you an alternative. The hot water problem was only on your floor.

Freedom Traveller is good for budget backpackers.

It's convenient in that it's close to the train station and a metro stop but as with a lot of train station areas it is a little rough around the edges. a bit intimidating for women. The hostel, however, was really clean with a good Internet connection.

Nothing to complain about the young girl at the counter forget her name sorry but she was very friendly and helpful would go back for sure!

This was my last hostel before returning home. The location is great (right by Termini). The staff was nice. They had free wine at night and it was a great way to meet people staying at the hostel. I could see myself staying here again. Only downside was the garden area was essentially a construction zone.

We appreciate that , we try to make it possible ,like people meeting each other and we're glad seeing people enjoying the atmosphere created by us, unfortunately the garden is under constructions but will be finished soon so there is another reason to come back ! All the best :) .

The hostel is ideal for short stays! Very helpfull and friendly staff! Great breakfast and wine time at night! We really enjoyed our stay and we would defenitely go back!

Hello there , Thank you for according your time to write this comment for us . We are happy when we see people are pleased about time spending here . It was a pleasure to meet you and to have you here . Best regards.

This hostel was great! The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the fresh doughnuts and coffee in the morning was a bonus! The location is within walking distance of everything! Even the Vatican if you enjoy walking! Rooms were clean and the area was very safe and secure! Would definitely stay here again to visit Rome as there's so much to see! Thanks x

Hey there , Thank you for all your great feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us , we're glad you've enjoyed your time with us and we sincerely hope to see you again in the near future Best regards .

Staff were awesome, very friendly and welcoming. The free breakfast, wine, and snacks was an awesome perk. We really enjoyed our stay thanks so much!

Thank you Jaryn , Your opinion it's very important for us ,and we are glad and happy to hear you enjoyed you stay here on Freedom Traveller . We sincerely hope to return here. Best regards !

Reception was helpful and the dinner time drinks and snacks made for a great way to meet people!

Hi Chris , Thanks for your visit and review. We are glad to see , you had a nice stay in Freedom Traveller and i hope to welcome you back soon. Reception :) .

Staff was really helpfull and nice. I got the 4beds female room, it was cozy and clean, private bathroom also organized. The room was a bit noisy, but not really a problem because if u close the window that goes away. Their happy hour is great!! Wine and snacks for free to meet new people from all over the world! Would definetly stay here again.

Thanks for your positive review we are glad to see people enjoyed the hostel and the atmosphere ; Sometimes , like in every modern city , during the weekend time could be noisy , it could be happened fortunately it went away. Nice to see you around , we'll be happy to see you again :) .

The staff is very nice that was the best part. Negatives sides the bunk beds are very noisy, the wifi doesnt work well in the rooms. Very pricy for what you get... But otherwise alright

thank you for the review. I am sorry that at the time you were here the wifi did not work well in the room , but we have plenty of comfortable common areas. Very pricy for what you get? our prices in rome are very competitive. We give free wine and snacks in the evening free wifi free breeakfast clean sheets comfortable room hot water lots of info of what to do and see in the city.. What elese di you expect? hope next time we can give you more..

Good hostel, very close to the station which was useful and within easy walking distance of a few major landmarks. Bunk beds are quite basic, staff were helpful and the free wine and snacks is a good way to interact with people. Unfortunately, the garden was under construction so didn't get to enjoy it!