Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Overall good hostel, close to main station, good breakfast, good size dorm rooms with good size lockers. Would recommend this hostel to friends.

The staff here were absolutely amazing and helpful. They went above and beyond to help us when we lost our passport and left a camera with all our photos on at a restaurant. They went to the restaurant and got the camera and organised it to be couriered to us. Couldn't speak highly enough of them. Thank you so much again for making a stressful situation so easy and for being friendly and helpful. Would reccommend to anyone. Beautiful property in the private rooms with really great security.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This wasn't a bad place to stay it just wasn't amazing! The private rooms are down the block but that wasn't too big a deal. One staff was really nice and another one talked so quietly I couldn't understand him. It was close to the train station which was nice but a little walk to get to anything important. My friend and I rented bikes which I would highly recommend since Rome is so big we were able to see much more!

Nice hostel with a good location, staff were very friendly and helpful. Bathroom could have done with some maintenance.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Willfox95

Freedom Traveller was excellent! A little pricey compared to other big cities in Europe, but compared to other hostels in Rome it's a fair price. The rooms are nice (we had our own bathroom), the staff is very helpful, breakfast is free between 8 and 10 am. The best thing is that it's really close to the termini station, from where you can get anywhere in Rome by public transport.

Beware: despite it saying they have various payment options, it is CASH ONLY. ALSO: private rooms are NOT located in the main building/communal area, they are a few blocks away. Only critique would be that they should provide these details to potential visitors.

Booked a private room so they took us around the corner and down the street to a different building. Not a nice street (full of sketchy people one night and police all day the next day). Restaurant they recommend was incredibly rude. 'Luggage room' appeared to be a leaky shed. The staff were friendly and helpful. Close to train station.

The biggest advantage of this hostel over others is it's air conditioning. It's in an ok location, very close to Roma Termini but 25min walk to main attractions e.g. coliseum or pantheon. The cooking facilities were very basic with only a hob (3 rings working)

Really liked the hostel. Not entirely central but a brusque ten/fifteen min walk away from the sights. The staff were really attentive and good. The cleanliness was unlike anything I've seen in a hostel yet (really good!). Only bad thing is the that they have four keys each for a different thing so I really think they should invest in a key card system because that got old pretty fast. Other than that it was a really good hostel and would recommend!

This hostel is super conveniently located about 5 mins or less from Termini Station and surrounded by little convenience stores. Everything was clean and everybody was nice that I met. There is a really cute courtyard for drinking and relaxing, as well. The only part I didn't enjoy was the lockout for cleaning, which I believe was from 10-3. I will be staying there again in August!

Really fantastic location, great staff, 24hr reception, pastry

Great little hostel. Really friendly staff, cute little courtyard for hanging out. The kitchen is small but has everything one needs, and the room I stayed in was clean and quite large!

I love the garden you have in the back, it brings a completely different atmosphere witch was great

I paid for a private room with two beds and a shared bathroom, we were upgraded to a full apartment with our own bathroom and kitchen. The apartment was very very secure, I can't comment on the dorms but our apartment was very clean, we did go down to the community terrace to hang out, definitely not a party hostel since the neighbors will complain about the noise, we also used the community kitchen and it was very clean, and management is on top of everybody to clean up there mess

The Freedom Traveller is great!!!! The stuff is incredible!!! Is perfectly well located, right by the side of the central station. It was our first time at Rome and we loved it. The wifi is great, is really clean, the bathroom was really good too.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

Staff were really helpful and funny!

Pros: Location Wi-Fi Kitchen Cons: Dirtyish Located to a noisy street

This was a really nice hostel. Great location, nice sized lockers in each room (bring your own lock), and it was cleaned every day. Ample shower facilities. The breakfast was free (croissant and coffee) across the street. Garden was nice. Would be nice if the common room could stay open a bit later (especially on weekends) because 11pm is sort of early when you've just made new friends and it was a bit of a walk to a pub.

This place was great, it had an amazing courtyard. However, there are probably some others that are a bit closer to some of the action though. The kitchen didn't have much stuff that could be used in terms of bowls etc.

It is a very short walk from the Termini train station. Understand that Termini may be crowded and there may be a few determined beggars inside the station and Rome in general. You may have to be curt with them. Everything with then hostel was fine, except that they claimed the credit card machine was not working and that I needed to pay for my room in cash. I learned that they tried to pull same thing to my roommates too who checked in days later, but they refused and paid with their CC.