Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

it was a great experience,and the staff really helpful

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Romania

That was amazing time that I had in the hostel. Everything was nice and clean. Excellent staffs. I will recommend it.....

• 22nd Feb 2015

Great place to stay. Loved the happy hours. Sohel and the other staff were excellent.

I had a wonderful time at Freedom Traveller! They had a nice breakfast with a selection of pastries and coffee to choose from, and snacks and wine at night. It was a great way to meet and interact with others staying at the hostel.

Really great staff, the Bangladeshi bloke is a good laugh and such good value for money with the wine in the evenings! Wish more hostels were like this. Great for solo travellers on a budget.

Excellent the staff guy from Bangladesh

Nice free breakfast!

All stuffs are very kind and helpful! They try to help me a lot and I was really happy. We can drink several kinds of coffee drinks with €0.30! The space for everyone is enough large and we can make some friends with free wine and snacks. The location is also nice so i really like this hostel :D

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Japan

Great hostel, quite quiet and facilities pretty Spartan but comfortable with friendly staff and a great location.

Great atmosphere,i had really beautiful stay in the hostel.there was free wine party every night, thats awesome.shower was clean and new renovated,reasonable price,great location,staffs are so friendly and helpful.i got beautiful room decorated,nice color.i will recommend to all of my friends to stay in that hostel.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • India

A little old, but overall good value for money. Included breakfast is nice and so is the wine and snacks they serve in the evening. I had to change rooms mid-way through my stay, which was a little frustrating. I saw cleaners in the rooms every day but found dust bunnies and items left by previous guests on the floor. Relatively inexpensive hostel-- nothing fantastic but not too bad.

One of the staff scared me a bit but she had good intentions and generally they were nice. Loved the wine and snacks!

Staff were awesome and the free wine and breakfast were great. The lock out for "cleaning hour" was inconvenient and the hour was more like two hours per room. after a big night out it is challenging to be unable to sleep in! though perhaps that was a good thing! Lack of keycards for doors was annoying.

I was there only one night and it was a lucky night because Giulia cooked fantastic pasta for everyone.. everything was great.

• 14th Jan 2015

Staff was really kind.

This is the second time I spend my vacation in this hostel (the first time was one year ago), and I am somehow disappointed. Fist, the staffs were not so friendly compared to those whom I met 1 year ago. When I checked out, the lady at the counter was unfriendly, just like she wanted me to go as soon as possible, she could not even give a smile. Second, the sack was not so good, few things to eat. Yet, a very nice thing: the hostel locates at a very convenient place, near the Termini Station

I had a rm mate check-in at 00:30am, dropped the bag n left till 4:30am. He came back like his home, did everythin loud ... went to the toilet without flushing, constantly spoke sth to himself which I could barely hear the words. I was totally pissed off by his amazing performance. In conclusion, if u r stayin in a dorm. A crazy rm mate would be gd enough to ruin a 5 stars hotel. So why bother so much about how ppls review. Im tellin you now, gd location, helpful stuff, what u need is luck!

1. Keys for two doors are hardly to open (four doors in total). And the staff always told me try to open the keys by myself first instead of ringing the doorbell. 2. Unstable temperature of shower water; maximum water temperature is between cool and warm. 3. The drain in of the the shower room is clogged, drain very slow (make your feet soak in the water after shower). 4. The sockets are not close to bed. 5. Elevator is not allowed to use, which is inconvenient for the guests in 4th floor.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place, good location near termini, and nice travellers staying. This is a younger hostel, but not a party vibe a chilled one. Everyone is nice and you can tell they are all trying to get the best rome experience as well. My bunkmates were nice but kind of rude when backing up to leave (it was 5am after new years..). Meet up with some friends and just had a great time. Staff is SO NICE! one even gave me a blanket and "tucked" me in when I was freezing my ass off! (not hostels fault).100%

Nice place; very small; almost claustrophobic at times. The guy from Bangladesh at the reception was super friendly. I had free wine and nibbles every night and breakfast was good; coffee and big chocolate croissant; really nice gestures. Downside was that my room was close to the reception and woke me up at 2am once. But definately recommend it for value and happy hour and will stay here again when I'm in Rome.