Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

I really enjoyed this hostel! The main guy that runs the hostel is a really nice man and very helpful! The hostel is clean and very good location! Close to the termini station and main parts of Rome!

Free breakfast could be better. Good points: air conditioning, sockets near the beds and good internet.

Amazing staff, I was especially impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

• 5th Jul 2015

Nice hostel with great staff!

Really clean rooms and beds. My only issue was that the shower would clog up really fast and would flood if you stayed in it too long. Otherwise,the staff was great and the hostel had nice atmosphere!

• 4th Jul 2015

Super nice girl at the reception who helped me out a lot!

Great stay. My only criticism would be with the lack of information on their website. When I arrived, there were taxes and a $10 key deposit that wasn't listed on my booking receipt. Also, since my stay was only 1 night, it was less than 100 euros, which meant I couldn't use my credit cards which also wasn't stated when I booked. Nice place and friendly people, but a little more clarification online about what exactly to expect at check-in regarding money would have been appreciated.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very well clocares next to termini station where you can get to the turistic attractions very easy by metro. The room was very clean, the air cond worked and the staff were very kind and gentil. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 1st Jul 2015

Place was clean and comfortable. Rooms had air con which was a godsend. Lockers were huge, and rooms were clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not the easiest place to meet other travellers though. No big common room, and no bar which was a shame.

Freedom Traveler was a great hostel. It is right next to Termini station, giving you access to the metros, buses, and cabs conveniently. Rooms and bathrooms were very nice and clean. Felt completely safe the entire time as there is a main entrance door, a gate door, another door to get into your room area, and then finally your room door. Free breakfast included pastries and coffee. Social hour at night included free wine, chips, and crackers.

• 27th Jun 2015

Stayed only one night but it was great. Rooms was super clean an air conditioned. Bathrooms were decent, water was hot. There's not much around the hostel but the train station but that was nice for arriving and departure, also easy access to everything you need to get around the city. Definitely worth staying here.

Fabulous, helpful staff, esp. Gina & Constantino. I've stayed here before and will do so again. Grazie mille!!

Only spent a few days here at the start of my trip but it was a great place to meet new people, the happy hour is a fantastic idea and works well! Really close to the main train station and the staff are always on hand to help you out. Really hope I get to go back the next time I'm in Rome!

Very easy to meet other people, the perfect place for a solo traveler. Right next to the train station and only a 20 min walk to the Colosseum. Cleaned everyday, big spacious rooms, free wine, snacks, coffee and pastries.

The staff was rude. I felt like I was at church camp and they were the camp counselors. They have a common area but it wasn't very comfortable. I tried cookin one night but the kitchen grossed me out and I didn't use it again. I lost a map and it was a huge burden for them to give me another. The computer in the main entrance was a good asset and helped me out a lot. Other than that I didn't feel welcome or comfortable there and I avoided the staff as much as possible.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Hi thank you for the review. Rude staff hard to believe they are one of the best features of this hostel with a 90% rating. besides the main common area we have several other ones with couches ad a nice outfoor garden terrace i am surprised you didn't find at least one comfortable. I don't undersand the church camp feeling you got , we serve free wine and snacks every evening in the main common area and our atmosphere rating of 85% you don't get it at church camps. Have safe travels..

Great hostel with everything we needed. Free breakfast and wine were a bonus!

Nice hostel, helpful and smiling staff. All you need from a hostel. Free wine is good! Highly recommend!

The staff here is hilarious. The happy hour was a lot nicer than I expected, and was a good way to meet other travelers for dinner/drinks. The rooms are very well maintained, large, and at least some are air-conditioned. The hostel is near Termini, so you can connect to other transportation options easily, although I found it easier to walk most places. My one complaint was the keys don't always work in the main gate so you have to buzz the desk half the time. Luckily they have someone 24/7.

Great hostel if you want to meet fellow travellers! Thanks to the free wine and snacks which they serve every night I met some really nice people. Very social hostel, the staff are really nice too and help you if you need something. The rooms were nice and clean, overall a good place to stay when in Rome.

Nice hostel, pretty good location. The front desk staff could have been a little more friendly and helpful. Free wine at night which was a great, cheap way to get to know other travelers. The owner was also extremely nice!