Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

I had a great time at Freedom Traveller and it was largely due to the staff, well half the staff. Sohel and Gina are absolutely amazing staff members who did everything they could to make the guests feel at home and comfortable. I stayed at Freedom Traveller during Christmas and it was because of them I felt less alone and with an adopted family. The other two staff members could be more friendly. The night dude, is the most unfriendly staff member I've ever met.

This might've been the best hostel I've ever been to. Rooms and bathrooms were nice, great location in the center of Rome. The staff were all very helpful and nice. There is breakfast every day, and happy hour every day with wine provided by the hostel - this was a great opportunity to meet other people staying in the hostel. Really just a great overall experience that made my time in Rome really fun.

Hey Andrew. Thank you for the review , as you know it's was a pleasure to meet you , and to have you here . We love to see people meeting each other , creating the atmosphere and have fun together . Hope to see you soon back, Best regards Reception.

Excellent job guys. I'm new to backpacking but I think this has set the benchmark for me for hostels in general. Only thing I wished was that the kitchen area was better organized and showers were a little better on the 3rd floor, but that would be nitpicking given many of the better points.

HEY THERE , Thank you for the review, we are very happy to see you've liked our hostel. All the best, hope to see you back soon:) Reception

Nice Hostel, close to termini. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is ok however providing the free wine in the evenings created a nice social atmosphere. I would recommend this place to others :)

Hello Steven, Thank you for your opinion, we are happy when people are satisfied , and when they enjoy the time here with us. All the best, Reception.

The location itself was very near to the main station which was good, but the private room we had wasn't in the main building of the hostel and hard to access with bags. The bathroom had been recently cleaned but was old and the shower was moldy and one day the entire shower fitting fell off the wall and landed on me during my shower. The included breakfast was great and the free wine during the evening had a great atmosphere.

• 18th Dec 2015

Hello Moira , Thank you for your opinion ,we appreciate it and feel sorry about the situation from the shower. Anyway everything was fixed it and is not gonna happen again . Best regards Freedom Traveller Hostel

What an amazing hostel. I've been to many and this was one of the top. Not only is it only minutes away from Termini Station, it's also within walking distance from the sites (although I did was 15 miles/ 24 km in one day). There's a great atmosphere especially for single travelers. The only thing I wish was different was that there was a lock provides with the lockers. But honestly it was very safe without the lock. As a young single female traveler I Highly recommend this hostel.

That was excellent stay, with wine every night,,,, yahoo.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Only stayed for a couple of nights but very comfortable and easy to navigate to places. About a ten minute walk from a central train station which made everything so easy! Super clean and the room I stayed in was quiet. Enjoyable stay and would recommend to everyone as affordable and value for money.

• 12th Dec 2015

My friends and I had a nice stay at Freedom Traveller. A walkable distance from Rome's major sites, good free breakfast/evening happy hour, and staff were friendly. Towels are 2 euros and there is a a 5 euro deposit for the door key.

The staff is great! They help you finding the best ways to know the city. There is a common room with wine and chips some days after 7pm, which is very nice! The kitchen is a bit small but well equiped. I stayed in a private room and was very nice! It is in another building but the facilities are great! There is even a Tv on the room. I recomend!

The good thing about the hostel its very close to the termini station and from here you can any place in the city easier. The staff are helpful and supportive always.

Good staff and great morning coffee and snacks

I had read a lot of good feedback, so my expectations were high. The free breakfast was great, but the snacks and drinks hour did not give much opportunity to make friends like I thought it would. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Hello Jean , Thank you for the review , We feel sorry for you because you couldn't make any friends. Usually our happy hour make people from all of the world to become friends. Maybe next time,hope to see you soon. Wish you all the best Freedom Traveller Hostel.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast included, big rooms

• 4th Dec 2015

Hey there , Thank you for the time writing this review , it's very important for us your opinion . We hope to see you soon. Best regards Freedom Traveller Staff :)

Nice location 5 minutes from termini station. Supermarket and cheap food in the same street. Nice staff. Free wine and snacks is very cool, but it's definitively not an animated hostel.

Hey Christian , Thank you for your review , It was a pleasure to see you around. All the best, Reception.

Just an average hostel. Pros: superb location near Termini (3 blocks), free breakfast (croissants and coffe as many you want), a hapoy hour for free with some wine and snacks. Cons: had bad wi fi (at least during my stay), not very clean (at least my room). Just a normal hostel

Hey there , Thank you for the review , we appreciate it We love the diversity, and the difference between people , this is the best thing in a hostel;that's why we are happy to hear it was average at least for you and more than average for the others. We are sorry about wifi during your staying , next time is not gonna happen again . Hope to see you soon and all the best Freedom Traveller Hostel.

Decent place, really close to train station, which was nice. Croissants for breakfast were really good! Staff were alright. Nothing fancy, but fine place.

Hey there , Thank you for the review We are happy to see you around and we hope to see you soon again. Best regards Staff :)

Staff was great in general; I only spent two nights there and I already I felt sorry to say goodbyes. Specially the guy at night, he was so smiley! Also, the coffee/chocolate machine had the best machine-chocolate I've tried. I was impressed by that.

Hey Sara , Thank you for the review and your positive opinion about us. We are sorry because you left , you are a nice person and we hope to meet, more people like you. All the best , Freedom Traveller Hostel Rome.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff was sooo friendly and helpful, and genuinely interested in making us comfortable. The free wine and snacks each night was a great way to make friends with the other travelers, and the free breakfast in the morning was super convenient so we could get a jump on exploring. The location is perfect-right by the metro and a bus service straight to the air port. It was very clean and had everything we needed!

• 27th Nov 2015

Hello We are very happy to hear you've liked the hostel ,specially you've enjoyed the time staying here also our activities:the breakfast happy hour. We love to see people happy,making atmosphere together . We hope to see you back soon. All the best, Freedom Traveller Hostel.

Thank you Sohel for the stay! I had great times in Freedom Traveller! Bacio grande!

• 20th Nov 2015