Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Loved this hostel! Free large pastries and coffee for breakfast and free wine & snacks in the evening! The staff were friendly and it was a great place to meet people if you're traveling alone. The hostel was well located for the price, all of the major attractions were within walking distance if you don't mind a bit of walking, and if you don't want to walk it's location next to Termini is the best for public transportation.

It is set up like an eastern Europe hostel. Multiple levels that use to be individual apartments. The wifi didn't work in the room we had, and the shower needed a new head. The free wine every night was really nice and it brought people out of their rooms so it was a good meeting opportunity.

Awesome place to meet people! The staff is super friendly and try to make sure you have the best stay possible. Right next to the train station but you can walk to the sites if you ha e the time. The kitchen was great and the free breakfast was a life savor! The "happy hour" an night really brought everyone together. Perfect place for a solo traveler!

Overall, it was good. Great location! Cheap, delicious pizza right across the street. They give you free wine every night which was awesome! I would probably go back

I can't think of a single negative thing about this hostel. It was close to everything, the staff were amazing, the other people staying there were incredible. There was free wine and snacks every night, which was a great excuse to talk to everyone there. I stayed on the ground floor, right opposite the common room and by the front door, but at no point was I disturbed by people walking past. I'd definitely stay here again, and couldn't recommend it more!

None of the doors close automatically and people just don't shut them behind themselves. I woke up one morning to find the door to the room wide open and the door to apartment wide open. The front door and gate to the building are opened automatically by pressing the buzzer, anyone with that knowledge can just walk in off the street. It's a bit weird. Shower was a bit rubbish. The place was clean enough and it's very close to Termini station.

Great little hostel in Rome. I enjoyed my stay, and the hospitality. I was amused by the impressively tiny lift, but it worked! Wine was lovely. The owner was very personable and a pleasure to meet.

Very good place to stay. Rooms are big and there are plenty of bathrooms. There is free breakfast and free wine every night. The wifi was a little slow.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Dominican Republic

We were annoyed that our triple room that was supposed to have a bathroom in it was filled with stuff and so we had to share the bathroom with the whole hall. We were also told no one would really use it, but lots of people did besides us.

The staff was extremely helpful, and always knew how to answer any questions I had. The room was large and comfortable, and the location is super easy to get to and from places on metro or bus.

Awesome hostel. Great atmosphere, met some great people. And free wine at night and pastries for breakfast! Would totally recommend. Good location as well easy enough to walk round Rome to see everything. But free wine...nothing more to say!

Amazing staff, clean rooms and beds. Great place

Excellent, excellent hostel. About 5 min. walk from the main train station, down a quiet side street. The staff were very friendly, we had an amazing guy who checked us in, and then brought us to our room, explaining everything along the way. The rooms were extremely nice (no bunk beds and didn't even feel like a hostel, room was huge and nice lockers in the room) and had private bathrooms and a small lounge type thing. Would 100% recommend this hostel, also included pastry breakfast!

Had so much fun hanging out with everyone at night in this hostel. Definitely recommend :)

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel but: -The room was not in the main hostel, so there was only one bathroom for 4 or 5 rooms. -The bathroom hosts the toilets too, and the ventilation system is poor. -The breakfast is not very good: the coffee is not fresh made it is a coffee machine and a donut. -The credit card did not work, and we were told that it was because of the card but this card worked everywhere else in Roma.

Easy to get from Termini, which is very good for traveling around. Friendly staff helped me save 60 euros for a cab with the early morning bus and also for buying tickets for a football match. Always remember to carry your lock for the locker. The beds are good, you can rest after a long walk through Rome. Also the shower has hot water for when you go during autum or winter. I couldn't get used to the "all sweet" breakfast. If you go with a group or without one, it's a nice place to stay.

Great location, close to the train station. Impressed by the clean shower (no mold/mildew), and very hot water. Rooms were adequately sized (I stayed in a 4-person dorm) with plenty of room. Did not have any issues with the room temperature (late October stay). Security was a bit questionable as the front door was almost always open, and a push of the door bell simply opens the gate, but a staff is there 24/7, so it may not be so bad. The room does not auto lock.

I loved the place and excellent location. Thanks for the happy hour.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Lovely and clean and has everything you need.

Such an amazing hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed at. Awesome and helpful staff, the guy from Bangladesh is really cool too. Clean spacious rooms, good facilities. Great common room area to meet people, a very inviting atmosphere and encourages being social. Did I mention the free wine? Because they provide free wine each night. The owner of the hostel is the man! If you read this, I'll be sure to visit your Canada hostel if you open one! Thanks for a great stay and experience :D