Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

It was fantastic, the staff were very helpful and kind. There was a kitchen, a cute patio, a hangout room for residents, about 4 locks to get through until you were in your room- very safe, and the PERFECT location. we could walk everywhere- Vatican, colosseum, pantheon- all within an hour walk. The free wine nights and the breakfasts were such a nice perk too. And they would sometimes put out little snacks! I loved it, can't stress enough how perfect the location was, right by Termini station.

Location not bad, close to train station. Took about 45 minutes to get checked in. WiFi not reliable. Linens may not have been washed. Found hairs and stains on them. Towel provided was dirty. Other residents did not close doors behind them so not very secure. Would not stay here again.

일단 위치가 위험하지도 않고! 그리고 근처에 마트도 있구요! 스탭들 친절했어요!! 공항버스 타는 곳이랑도 가깝구요. 공항버스 위치 어디냐니까 위치 알려주면서 직접 사는 거 보다 온라인으로 사면 싸다고! 직접 사면 6유로 온라인으로 사면 4유로라고! 정보 줘서 4유로에 공항버스 탔어요. 프린터는 장당 20센트였구요. 그리고 젤라또 유명한 집도 알려줬는데 맛있었어요! 현지인 맛집인지 모르겠는데 동양인이 없었어요ㅋㅋㅋ

This hostel was overall okay, but had a few problems. Breakfast was just a (not great) pastry, but at least it was free. Very easy to get to termini station, and there were supermarkets and cafés nearby. The kitchen was small but useable, and the staff were very helpful and fun! However the room wasn't super clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful-Sohel and Julia especially.This is the only hostel of the 6 i stayed in italy that has a complete kitchen for you to use and cook.Rooms were clean.Security was tight with 24hr reception and locks to doors,floors and lockers.Decent wine and crackers were served every night which helped get things rolling-especially my last 2 nights!Location was excellent:close to Train,metro, supermarket and the outstanding National Museum of Rome.Dave P in Los Angeles. .

• 25th Sep 2014

Never again

During the time I stayed I really love the location of the place, although I must complain about the staff some of them were really nice when I arrived but for me some of them didn't helped me when I needed some help (for example carrying my baggage the last day I stayed there). But in general I love to stayed there and absolutely if I need to do another trip to Rome I'll go there again.

Your staff wanted us to pay with cash even though there was not cash only requirement in the booking. The staff member said it was not operational for a few weeks if not months, but as soon as we said we would look for a different place to say, the machine worked. If you don't want to deal with credit cards, say that in your listing. This type of shady business is very disrespectful.

The hostel was great, nice location with all the connections very near, very helpful staff who gave us a lot of info, good breakfast, the garden outside is very nice to hang out, only the bad thing is that it closes at 11.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Very helpful staff, clean room, great location close to the station.

Love it very friendly staff!

very pleasant stay.

great stay and the free wine and snaks was a plus et many other travellers in the garden area

Really nice hostel, near the termini station where most of the buses to airports and sightseeing places stops.The only hard problem was to climb more than 100 steps to go to our room or every time we wanted to go to the reception or go out..

The facilities are very nice. It has fast, free wifi. They provide a small but free breakfast every morning, and they also provide free wine to guests every evening. My only (very minor) complaint is that there is no obvious signage outside the building, so I inadvertently passed by the front door on my first attempt to find it. With that said, the hostel is very nice overall and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Not a bad place to stay. Close to the train station, but pretty far away from all of the major sites. Wi-Fi is incredibly spotty in the rooms. I found a scorpion in my bed, which makes for a good story back home I guess.

Pros: Reasonably priced, good atmosphere, Close to Termini Station, free evening snacks, nice garden,'Soheil' the guy from India who works there is super helpful and nice Cons: Old facilities, everything requires maintenance

Nice enough staff, rooms are small but clean. Breakfast is a little disappointing (one Croissant and a cup of coffee) but tasty. We enjoyed our stay.

• 29th Aug 2014

We stayed in a private 2bed shared bathroom. The room had a but of a wierd smell but can't really complain for the price. The location is a bit of a trek from the major sights but close to the train/bus station so no need to schlepp your bags 1/2way across town. Kitchen is super small but I never saw anyone use it but us!!!

This hostel was great. Super clean. Super well furnished. Felt the most like a hotel than any hostel I stayed at. Staff were very helpful and generous. Very nice garden to chill in with great internet. Only thing not great was the location, but that didn't matter much as Termini is very close and you can still get to any attraction with some walking. I would recommend this hostel to any traveler.