Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Great location near train station. Lots of plugs in the room and large lockers. Nice garden out the back of the hostel, free nibbles in the evening in the common room. Crossant and drink included in the price, not the most adequate breakfast but suffice all the same.

Facilities are a bit old but cleaned regularly. Wifi was good. Bit of a dodgy area around termini station but security within the hostel was good. Staff were helpful. About a 5 minute walk from the metro. Can't complain !

A fantastic hostel with a friendly staff. It is close to the station. Each room has air conditioning which was a big plus!

I had a very nice stay, the staff is amazing and the hostel offer wine and snack for free every night, like that i met great people there. I'll come back for sure

Gave us free wine when we arrived! Clean and safe. Not a lot of character, but a fairly cute garden area outside. Convenient if you arrive via Termini Station.

We only stayed here for one night in the private double. The staff was amazing...super helpful front desk. They also serve free breakfast, which we can retrieve from the cafe across the street. Unlimited coffee during breakfast was a nice touch. The room was clean, and it was quiet. The location is ideal if you want to be by the Termini train station, which is a 5 minute walk. However, the area gets sketchy at night. I would not want to be walking alone as a female. Glad I had my bf with me.

Comfortable hostel in a handy location. Free breakfast is pretty average but decent for a light snack.

excellent stay, the free wine and snacks during the happy hour was great :) hope to be back soon

• 10th Aug 2014

Great comfy rooms :)

Experience was average - stayed at better hostels

The staff were very lovely and was so helpful. Although it wasn't in the heart of Rome it was a 5mins walk to the main train station which was convenient because our shuttle bus dropped us off there. The hostel was still walkable to the city and main attractions. They provided free b'fast which was great if you're on a tight budget. Their wifi was good and strong. The rooms were always clean and had a locker to store all of your belongings.

Staff at this hostel are really helpful and can give you useful information and advice. The garden is a great place to hang out and the atmosphere was amazing.

I booked for 2 nights but was placed in 2 different rooms which meant I had to switch rooms after the first night -- I had to wake up to check out and didn't get to sleep in either day. But no complaints really.The garden is great for meeting other travelers and hanging out!! The staff is very friendly and willing to give directions/ideas for the city. The owner,John, was awesome to talk with and gave us snacks and wine which kept people hanging out together for a while! Would def. book again

Had to change rooms after the first night as they messed up bookings, but not a problem for us as could store our bag in the day. The area doesn't have much to do in it and couldn't find a nice place to eat nearby, but close to the station which was good. Were lockers to store valuables in the door rooms which was good, bit dingy but good value for money place to stay!

Overall good hostel, close to main station, good breakfast, good size dorm rooms with good size lockers. Would recommend this hostel to friends.

The staff was incredible specifically Suhel! He was extremely friendly and gave great recommendations! The location was a bit far from the city centre; near the train station which can get a little creepy around night but very safe. The shower was awful; only a little bit of water would pour out & the bottom of the shower would over flow. I remember my pillow was very uncomfortable and I immediately received a new one. Freedom Traveller quickly catered to your needs. It is a great place to stay!

The staff here were absolutely amazing and helpful. They went above and beyond to help us when we lost our passport and left a camera with all our photos on at a restaurant. They went to the restaurant and got the camera and organised it to be couriered to us. Couldn't speak highly enough of them. Thank you so much again for making a stressful situation so easy and for being friendly and helpful. Would reccommend to anyone. Beautiful property in the private rooms with really great security.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This wasn't a bad place to stay it just wasn't amazing! The private rooms are down the block but that wasn't too big a deal. One staff was really nice and another one talked so quietly I couldn't understand him. It was close to the train station which was nice but a little walk to get to anything important. My friend and I rented bikes which I would highly recommend since Rome is so big we were able to see much more!

Nice hostel with a good location, staff were very friendly and helpful. Bathroom could have done with some maintenance.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Willfox95

Freedom Traveller was excellent! A little pricey compared to other big cities in Europe, but compared to other hostels in Rome it's a fair price. The rooms are nice (we had our own bathroom), the staff is very helpful, breakfast is free between 8 and 10 am. The best thing is that it's really close to the termini station, from where you can get anywhere in Rome by public transport.