Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

I stayed there for 2 days and it is very close to Termini metro station that you can reach most of the touristic places and the most important part, the staff is really friendly and helpful. They should keep doing what they ve been doing

Great hostel! Good location, we walked almost everywhere. It's not a close walk but it's still a walk away! The staff is super friendly and super helpful. They sat down with us and a map and showed us everything we needed to know about what was near, tourist attractions, good restaurants, etc. The kitchen was a bit small but aside from that, everything was great!!

Very convivial and welcoming atmosphere. Thought the free wine at night in the common room was a very nice touch, as it helped me to build up a rapport with other travellers. The staff were very accommodating and were very willing to give me advice about things to do in Rome. Kitchen a wee bit cramped, bathrooms didn't feel particularly clean. But very good air con in the room, and the room was also quite spacious. Decent enough location with metro nearby.

Good location, only 5 mins from Termini train station, all main attractions are in a walkable distance.

The staff was amazing and very helpful. Location is great, right by termini station so everything is a little walk or bus ride away!

• 17th Jul 2015

The staff was very friendly, and helpful. In dealing with an extremely drunk girl at 1am in the morning, they did a good job. I also liked that they had a small happy hour and snacks in the evening. It made the overall atmosphere a pleasant, friendly one, and it also allowed people in the hostel to mingle. It has A/C! The other hostels I stayed at in Italy in July didn't have A/C, and I as incredibly appreciative that this one did.

Friendly staff. Great hostel, compared to all the others in Rome. One important thing that I didn't take for granted was that they had A/C. This made my experience better because its hard to find any place with an A/C in Rome. Met some fun people there as well.

All I can say about this hostel is the staff was very helpful and nice, but it was in such a bad area. People were living in filth and it smelled so foul I had to hold my breath. I lost my voice and my eyes were burning because the air was so unclean. The hostel wss beyond hot and uncomfortable and the bathroom was disgusting. I would never suggest for a girl traveler to stay alone because I also felt so unsafe with men constantly yelling and whistling and trying to pick pocket me.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • simonsak

I thank you for the review. But i really don't know what to answer everything you wrote is totally absurd. For 3 nghts you were drunk everynight and your friend the last night even broke the mirror in bathroom in the common area , she cut her finger i took her to the hospital until 3:30 in the morning and she was even curisng at the nurses there. I even gave her my phone to call her mother and boyfriend in the states. You guys were so drunk everynight i don't even think you rember the city

Staff was welcoming. Very informative about the city and where to go. The hostel was clean and the decor was superb! Even free breakfast included is a nice perk.

Well located just next to Termini station, friendly staffs, quite good breakfast. Lock out time from 10am to 3pm for cleaning, which makes the rooms always nice when we come back after a long day walking. Kitchen was very small and old. There is only one kitchen for the whole hostel, which is inconvenient as the fridge all the time full of foods, cooking pans and pots and other facikities are sometimes smelly and dirty. We didn't enjoy the kitchen and decided to just go out to eat.

We stayed for 6 nights and the air conditioning leaked water for four of those nights, causing us to have very minimal sleep. When it was finally fixed we enjoyed this hostel. The breakfast is great!

This was the first stop on our four and a half week interrailing trip - brilliant hostel to start in. Perfect location right by the train station and an easy walk into the historic centre. Great vibe for getting ready for a night out and equally great vibe for chilling the morning after! Clean - cleaner came in every morning and did a thorough job of the bathroom. Communal living room area for a set of four rooms was great. Staff so helpful and fun! Fantastic hostel. Thank you!

Awesome, they gave out free wine and gave us a great itinerary on what to do.

Staff is friendly and always ready to give recommendations bout Rome. The rooms weren't so clean, especially the bathroom

FREE WINE!!! very lovely hostel. Felt welcomed upon arrival, location is great, close to the main train station. Breakfast is not included as such but technically you get it- consisting of a baked pastry and coffee (free!) also you get free wine at 7pm! Who doesn't like free wine? Genuinely great hostel- stay was great!

Very close to the main train station and only about 20min walk to most attractions. Staff were very friendly and helpful. One member suggested dinner on the river which we did. Great advise!!!! We had a great night out. We had a private room which was cosy and had all the basics. Air con was great. Very comfy pillows!! We didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel but the small breakfast they offer was enough to get you going in the morning.

Wonderful staff, super well located and with no timer showers. Recommend!

I really enjoyed this hostel! The main guy that runs the hostel is a really nice man and very helpful! The hostel is clean and very good location! Close to the termini station and main parts of Rome!

Free breakfast could be better. Good points: air conditioning, sockets near the beds and good internet.

Amazing staff, I was especially impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

• 5th Jul 2015