Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

After staying in this hostel for 4 nights, I can honestly say I felt like part of the family. The staff are so so so friendly and wonderful people to be around. The hostel itself was very clean and is right across from the train station so it's convenient to get anywhere from there. the free wine nights created a wonderful environment to participate in and make tons of new friends, I would like to add I made many I will never forget!!!

The staff is very friendly. I really liked the way Gina and Sohail helped me plan my itinerary as I was there for only 2 days. The location is also great as it is one block away frm the Termini station..Therr are a lot of good places to eat as well!

Super clean and stylish. Friendly staff and good atmosphere. The breakfast (that is included) seemed pretty terrible to me (coffee from the machine and brioches) but on the other hand a small and sweet breakfast is a very Italian thing. Gret location nearby Termini Station. Internet of the hostel's computers was terribly slow, practically didn't work, but WIFI was ok in the common areas.

staff here were lovely however there wasn't much of an atmosphere, great for location probably not the best for socialising

Excellent location!! 5 minutes walking from Termini train statioin. Very helpful and friendly staff, bathroom and room very clean, free coffee machine, free wine in the evening, which is very nice for interaction with other guests! I recommend this hostel! :)

• 11th Jun 2015

The private room we stayed in was quite nice, the air conditioning was AMAZING (you control it yourself), there was a tv in our room that worked very well and the wifi was good. The staff were especially helpful and kind! I would certainly recommend it!

Great staff. Wifi was good. Location is great. 10 free bottles of wine at happy hour each night :). The only thing that I found odd was that you need 5 keys for this hostel. Haha, but that may be a secret social experiment because the also give you 10 bottles of wine. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for the memories.

One of my best hostel experiences! Great location, friendly staff and clean rooms. The happy hour really brought all the travellers together and was perfect for solo travellers. The owner and the staff put in a lot of effort to create a good hostel atmosphere. I will definitely come back!

The staff was very friendly and nice. The wine & snacks in the common area was a great way to help people meet each other...great idea!!

• 6th Jun 2015

This is the only 100% review I've ever given and it's for good reason. This hostel made week in Italy what it was. The sights and the city are nice but the atmosphere at this hostel was the best! FREE WINE EVERY NIGHT!!! That's right from 7-11pm you get to bond with fellow travellers over several bottles of wine. Even if everything else was irrelevant you should stay here just for that. Everything else was great though, the owner is hands on and knows what he is doing. Loved my stay, thank you!

Good stay! The recpetion staff were super nice and helpful. Loved free wine time :)

The best atmosphere i have ever had and happy hours is the best time to socialize and have fun.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I was welcomed by Gina who is just amazing. Other staff members were friendly and attentive as well. Atmosphere is nice and I met great new people at 'Sangria time', everyday at 7pm. All conditions were very good. Good location. Pizza place just in front had great value. I would definitely come again.

Been to lot of hostel but the bathroom of this hostel was the worst I have ever been to .. It seems it was last modeled 2000 years ago ... The bad made lot of noises and were really uncomfortable as well ... The room size was the largest ever for a hostel room I have been to so I am conflicted on rating ... If they can remodel their bathroom, it will be a very good hostel ... The night shift guy (some Indian looking ) was very helpful ...

When in Rome stay at Freedom Traveller. Staff is excellent. Rooms are spacious and clean, and the location is perfect. I have stayed at this property numerous times and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay there every time. The kindness and professionalism of the staff, the nice atmosphere, and the garden and daily wine happy hour were the things every traveler hopes for. Love coming here and try to make it my Rome home every time. Really recommend this place!

• 28th May 2015

I had a great time at this hostel. The staff was friendly and energetic and definitely wanted everybody to have a good time hence the free wine after 7! I also really appreciated the free breakfast before a long day of epic sightseeing. Also so close to the termini station! It was clean, up to date decor and I would whole heartedly recommend it to others!

• 27th May 2015
  • American Samoa

PROS - location just around the corner from Termini. They offer free wine and nibbles each night so you can mingle and meet people. Not overally expensive either for location. CONS - No one was at the front desk when we arrived, the hostel was empty, had to wait about 25 minutes until someone showed up. Mattresses are so hard and uncomfortable. Overall though, a pretty good hostel for meeting people and great location.

Great hostel to meet like minded travellers and friendly people. Security was great because they have curfew rules with the front doors, plus a set of keys for the doors you need access to. Kitchen was useful. Definitely has an unique elevator to get upstairs in... Staff members were amazing for answers. I only rate facilities poorly because it's an old building with old doors.

Great location just a short 3 minute walk from Termini, maybe 25 minutes from the major sites if you walk fast. Staff very courteous and helpful. Breakfast good. The one weird thing: there was a mid 60's year old woman in my four bed room, and it seemed like she lives there (way too many large bags for traveling, constantly was at the Hostel, seemed very settled in as she commandeered most of the lockers as a pantry.) So that was a bit odd. But overall a great stay, would come back again.

Really awesome hostel. Right next to Termini station, it's a convenient location but not the prettiest part of the city. The staff were really friendly, speak perfect English and there is someone at the front desk 24/7. The hostel has a good fully equipped kitchen so you can also cook if you want to. The free breakfast is really good as well.