Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Staff took their time to welcome you and explain you about the city.

Hostel was nice. Located near the train station, so a good location for a quick stay. Rooms were nice and air conditioning worked well. Would recommend.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Very close to the station and about 20-25 minute walk from main attractions. Free wine on happy hour! The shower and aircon leaked while we were there but I am sure they would have sorted that out.

it was the rude staff (one in particular) that ruined this for us. while choosing a hot drink with breakfast (that finishes at 10.30) one member of staff pushed in front of me and took the key from the machine and said I must pay now - it had literally just turned 10.30. Made me feel so embarrassed. They also checked someone into our dorm at 1am turning all the bedroom lights on and talking loudly and making no effort to be quiet as we were all sleeping, waking us up which was just really rude

good location, free good wine in happy hour, very friendly staff (specially Mario and Sohel). I recommend to stay there. negative point: the air conditioner in room 206 wasnt working properly

Freedom traveller was a great hostel - especially for solo travellers! The free wine at night in the common room is a genius way to get people mingling. Free breakfast was a plus just would have been great if some fruit was included! (it's pastry). Staff were extremely helpful and wifi was great. Kitchen was well equipped and rooms were clean. Would definitely recommend!

Our stay in this hostel was a really good experience! The stuff was so nice and welcoming and the hostel was clean, in a good area and they do have a separated building for the private rooms. On top they offer a good free breakfast every morning. If you want to have a perfect stay in Rome, we can highly recommend this hostel!

Nice staff, but not in the best part of town and not much common space

The room where I stayed had a clogged bathroom drain, so that was the bad part and after informing the staff they had rectified it, so thats cool.

Good location (20 min walk from Colosseum), really friendly/helpful staff, good wifi in room, big kitchen available for guest use. We stayed in a private room that was actually away from the main hostel, but this wasn’t a problem as it was only a 1 min walk and very safe. Nice clean and good sized room, cleaners came in and changed bins every day. And a yummy sugary breakfast provided free of charge! A great way to end our 5 week trip.

Great staff, atmosphere and location. Had a great time in Rome because of them.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Nice place. Very friendly staff. Very close to train station

Overall a very good Hostel. My room was spacious and with just 4 beds. Breakfast was pretty basic, and rooms were not that clean, but had a location near Termini Station and the free wine every night created a great atmosphere to interact with other people.

My only complaint was that the bathrooms were very dirty. Other than that, this is a fun hostel that gives free wine every night to help meet new people! One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Stay at this hostel if you will be in Roma!!! It is honestly the best (not that I have had experience anywhere else). The staff are so friendly and helpful --I got many personal recommendations to places I never would have visited on my own. The rooms are very clean, there is a locker in the room to secure your stuff while you are out for the day, and when you get back in the evening there is free wine! I couldn't believe how close and central the hostel was to everything.

Good breakfast, nice and enthusiastic staff

Great place in Rome. Room was really spacious staying in a four bed mixed dorm. Had lockers good communal areas and the wine nights were great. Breakfast was ok was a bit too sweet for my liking but otherwise great value for money.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful map and free wine...I mean how can it go wrong? I loved that place, people staying there are truly travellers, some many intresting stories to exchange. Loved it, will definitly go back. Thanks guys for the great stay.

The free wine at night was amazing. The rooms were nice and the hostel was clean.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean. Good location. The atmosphere is just OK, but I liked the free breakfast.