Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

The staff, location and atmosphere are amazing

Excellent, even if slightly more pricier than competitors. Stayed there for two days in mixed dorms. The wifi is good, beds clean, bathroom's nice, and there's free pastries in the morning. Location is excellent, very close to termini. Staff was very nice as well.

Staff were really helpful. I had private room that was very clean. Easy walk from train station. Loved the free wine in the evening which brought travellers into mingle mode & was great! Met loads of interesting people from all over the world! We ended up going to a bar & had a great night!

• 17th May 2015

We stayed in this hostel for three days with the aim of discovering Rome. It was perfect, free light breakfast in the morning, well situated, near the Termini station (convenient from the airport but also to reach the center of the city). The personnel was very nice, we had some issues with our flight back and they helped us for a couple of hours trying to figure out to deal with our issues, making phone calls etc. In short, excellent if you look for a friendly and welcoming hostel, book it !

• 15th May 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great in terms of having a welcoming common area to socialize with other guests. I ended up a meeting a few guests that I spent one day touring the city with. My room and bathroom was clean with the exception of the shower- It definitely needs an update as there was some mold in the shower and shower head had grime buildup making water pressure poor. One of my roommates made a comment to the front reception and they were very open to feedback.

The staff did an excellent job creating a fun and welcoming atmosphere. The free breakfast and wine in the evenings was super nice and was a way to meet new people.

This place was completely awesome. The staff members were very warm and welcoming and were able to answer any questions that I had. The happy hour really allowed fellow guests get to know one another--couldn't have been more pleased. Thanks & I will be returning my next visit to Rome!

Thank you for an enjoyable stay. I'll definitely be back soon

It was such a pleasure staying at Freedom Traveller! All the staff there are just amazing and so willing to make your travel the best it can be. And many a times they'll try to strike up a conversation with you. The wine session with snacks is also a great way to meet other travellers and I also appreciated the breakfast with free coffee :) needless to say, my stay here was a joy from start to finish and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

This hostel is very close to the train station. It's a good location if you want to do day trips, but the area does get a bit sketchy after dark. We stayed in the private room area. The room was great, but the bathroom was filthy. There was actually mold all over the upper walls. The garden area is lovely. The staff is fantastic and helpful.

The location is not in a very safe area. during the day is ok, but not at night. My keys didn't work to get in the front gate so I had to be buzzed in so anyone could easily be buzzed in. Someone was always living the door to my apartment opened so I don't think it was a secure building. It's not a very social atmosphere if traveling alone. They try with the happy hour. however, there is a 2300 curfew, but they closed the garden at 2230. Staff wasn't very helpful with suggestions.

For my first hostel experience I was happy with it. It was easy to find, close to the train station, facilities did the job, rooms were very spacious. The only problem I had was one of the females who worked at reception, she was rude and unhelpful, all the other staff were great though. The streets are very noisy at night so expect to be kept awake or bring ear plugs!

thank you for. the review . and i am glad that your first hostel experience was pleasant. I am surprised that you had a issue with my female staff she is the most helpful when it come to giving info and helping guests. If your only problem was her and the rest of the staff was great than the low score you gave us is, one pays for all although you said they were great. I think its unfair for the rest of the staff because they work hard to please everyone

I enjoyed my stay and the rooms are very nice, the staff was very friendly, I recommend

• 8th May 2015
  • Romania

The owner is the man! I was staying here for a work conference nearby, and everything was clean, not too noisy, and a very good deal for the money.

We loved the friendly people of the staff and the conversations what we had with the other guests. Everyone was very helpfully and kind. We felt like Home. It is impossible to choose an Age group, because are group was 20 - 60 years.

• 4th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The room is good, but the staff was very rude most of the times. During my check-in the recepcionist was very rude and said that I could not pay with credit card, just cash. But later the other recepcionist said that they accept credit card. So it was confusing and not very nice of them. We cannot use the common area during the day. They just let us use the area in the garden, but is not very nice and very dirt. The luggage room sucks and we cannot carry our luggages inside the common area.

thank you for the review. My staff rude? hard to believe misunderstandings could happen . Not being able to use the common room during the day it is disinformative and not accurate , we are open 24 hours a day. We try to not let people pass in the common room with luggage because we have another passage for the luggage room. the common area is a place to meet people and relax . I am sorry our garden was not nice enough for you. everybody enjoys it and in 17 years i never had a complaint about it

Great location, friendly staff, good Wi-fi, a lot of keys (4) to watch over. Anyway I had a good time there, and I think the location weighs up the cost.

I was told that the hostel was undergoing renovations and that my floor was the last to be done, which I hope is true because my room felt very outdated and run down. The bathroom flooded on the first night but the staff were very helpful and considerate in fixing the problem. The location is great if you're traveling by train and there's a metro stop at termini. Definitely not the nicest hostel I stayed in, but if you just need a place to crash it's fine.

bathroom wasnt clean at all and something was smelling really bad. the luggage room was flooded when it rained and part of our bags were wet. They rent towels but the one that we rent wasnt clean. Staff was good and friendly.

Really nice staff which made me feel very welcomed from the first day. I really liked the snack and vine in the evening. Since I was travelling alone it was a very good way to meet some new people.

• 23rd Apr 2015