Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great common room and outdoor area so it was easy to meet everyone else in the hostel. Great location (5 min walking from the train station which has easy access to both airports). Would definitely recommend.

• 8th Jul 2014

There wasn't hot water because the boiler was broken. Also, every single morning they wake you up to clean the room before 10AM. It's really not nice when you need to sleep late...

I loved the garden were me and my friend always ate and at night met up with other travellers! The place is quite central, since it's so near termini station and everything is walkable. When we arrived the staff immediately discouraged us to buy the Roma pass. Super advice! The kitchen is small and has limited facilities, but everything worked quite fine. The lockers were big and in the rooms, but bring your own lock! The showers, unfortunatly, were horrible. Werent hot and just bad.

• 5th Jul 2014

Small common room. My room was immediately outside the entrance, so I did not sleep well at all. Shower head needs replacing, very old looking with sticky tape holding bit together, head would fall off when water was switched off, which might hit you if not careful, shower would not drain properly. No breakfast. Small kitchen. My bed was being removed daily for some reason, which I am not willing to ask why. And same bedding returned. I would stay somewhere else if somewhere else was better

A good experience for the most part. There's too many keys for all the doors, which makes it really confusing and is a waste of time trying to figure out which key goes to which door. Key cards would be a good idea to invest in or make all the locks one key is also a good option. The first night we got kicked out of the common room because the people next to us were being too loud, so I'm not sure why we got kicked out. This was 5 minutes after the loudest crowd ever left for a pub crawl.

96 stairs to our room! Wifi was intermittent. Breakfast was across the street and very basic. Enough cooking facilities and fridge. Great small garden and courtyard. Good location ~ 15/20 minute walk to major attractions.

The staff was so helpful and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. Would definitely suggest this hostel to a friend!

• 30th Jun 2014

Was good if you need to be near the train station or bus terminal- we were here just for a long layover. Bathroom was gross and AC was not working. Front desk staff were nice but promised to fix AC and did not

Really great, wish I had longer in Roma so I could have stayed there longer.

Good location. Restaurants very close. Grocery and corner stores across the street. Nice hostel to stay at, would definitely stay again and recommend to others. Only negative thing to say would be that all the shower head holders were broken so it was a little difficult to shower.

Our stay with you was wonderful and your hostel staff is very warm.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • India

We were with Franco because we had a private room and I couldn't have asked for a more hospitable host, we have just come back from a month long trip and this was by far the best hostel we stayed at- would highly recommend this place and would DEFINATELY come back

This is the best you'll get in Roms. Excellent value for your money, most helpful staff and owner (couldnt find ice in the freezer so he went next door to get me some, so sweet!), really good location, lockers provides, good kitchen, spacious rooms with private bathrooms, good wifi, free map and information about everything. Wasn't the biggest fan of Rome but this hostel was great!

Great location. Close to train station. Friendly staff, cozy rooms, clean facilities.

Freedom travelers was extremely easy to find and in a great location. I am very glad to have chosen them.

I stayed in a private room. Everything was very good: the location is perfect, the staff is very helpfull. Its a great Palace to stay. I recomend

The dorm I was in was kind of old and grotty (not dirty, just old) but I saw that other dorms had been recently renovated. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was good! No problems to speak of.

Very nice and friendly place, really coll staff.

The hostel is very clean and the staff friendly always willing to help. It is very close to te Termini station and with good restaurants nearby. The room is very clean and with air conditioning, very comfortable.

Only got to stay with these folks for an evening, but met some great people and had a good experience. Some of the staff had been working for a few too many hours so they were a little cranky; Gina (sp?) was very welcoming, however, and answered all my questions happily!