Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Ok, not amazing, cheap for Rome. There were 4 doors between the street and my room which don't automatically lock, I locked them behind me every time I left, but not once did I come back and need my keys to get into the building or my room...good if you're forgetful I guess, just bring a padlock for your bags

The hostel is big, very impersonal and the staff are polite and straightforward. Everything is very clean and I had no problems there at all. Very close to Termini station, nice place with Kebab just around the corner. Supermarkets a block away and subway and museums very close too.

The hostel is really close to the train station and within walking distance of everything. The area seemed really safe and there were quite a few other hostels in nearby streets. In the hostel itself the doors were left open quite a lot and as you don't have to go through reception to get into the rooms I was a little more nervous of my things than usual. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Showers were quite small and not as clean as some places I have been, but definitely usable.

nice and helpful reception

• 3rd Jun 2014

It´s really near to station, The people are friendly, the breakfast is good. I recomended this hostel, I liked so much

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Colombia

This was the first hostel I stayed at and I was not super impressed, but it got the job done. Everything was pretty clean and most of the staff were quite nice. The owner is AWESOME! The kitchen isn't in the best shape, but gets the job done. The is a nice terrace to chill out after a long day of touring the city. Its about a 30-40 minute walk from the Vatican and Coliseum, however the train and bus stations are right near it. My favorite part of this place were the other travelers I met!

We enjoyed our stay at Freedom Traveller so much! We felt very safe and our private room was very spacious and had more than everything we needed, even an ironing board! Francesco at reception was so helpful in recommending good places to eat and what to see in the city, all of his recommendations turned out to be wonderful. Would definitely stay again during another visit to Rome, thank you!

• 1st Jun 2014

We had to pay with cash because the card machine was broken. The beds were clean and the bathroom was cleaned every day but the floor in our room always seemed dirty. The shower wasn't great but it worked okay. It was a pretty long walk to all of the tourist sites, probably just under two miles to the coliseum. Breakfast was included but you had to go across the street to a restaurant and we didn't bother even going there. Overall good value for under 30 Euro per night.

Hi Alexander We want to thank you for your review and for that you have chosen our hostel. About the dirty floor just want to tell you that the bathroom is cleaned every day and we can not do anything if the roommates don't keep the bathroom clean. Best regards from Rome !!!!!!!!!

Very nice courtyard and centrally located near the train station. Even though it is still far from the main sights, it was nice to get out of the business of the city and be able to walk quickly to our train the morning we left.

We stayed in a double room that was a part of a very nice apartment. The room itself was spacious and had plenty of bedding for us to use. Our double bed was two twin beds pushed together, which was strange but functional. The staff was so incredibly helpful and had a number of good tips. They helped us avoid several long lines!

• 31st May 2014

I stayed for 5 nights and I think it was perfect! The staff was really helpful and available at any time. The location was good, only 5 minutes walk from Terminali and if you are a 'walker' you can reach the whole centre of Rome without any bus/metro. I stayed for 5 days, saw most of Rome and didn't use any bus or metro once. Only negative is that other people staying at the hostel didn't respect the 'silent-after-11pm-rule', so I had some trouble sleeping some nights.

• 31st May 2014
  • Norway

Hi Julianne We are very grateful for your review and we are sorry that you couldn't sleep very well, but we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for choosing our hostel and we send you regards from Rome !!!!!!!!!

Nice staff that gives pack of basic information up front which is useful. Location was really convinient - some small grocery stores around, small supermarket as well, plus very close to subway A and B lines crossing. You can also get to the historical part on foot by 25 minutes walk.

• 30th May 2014
  • Poland

In our month of travel Freedom Traveler has been one of our best hostel experiences by far! The owner was wonderful and went out of his way to make sure everyone felt at home. He even bought pizza and wine for everyone one night. It was about a 20 min walk to the city center but our experience was so wonderful we would definitely consider staying here again. If you want a very personal and caring place to stay in Rome, Freedom Traveler is perfect!

Staff was amazing! They told us what sites to go to and how to skip long lines, were very nice, and one night the owner even bought pizza and wine for all of us! They really try to accommodate you as much as they can. The metro also isn't a very far walk. Very friendly and welcoming environment!

• 24th May 2014

I had an amazing stay here. the staff was super helpful with suggestions about places to visit, and when I had to catch a flight very early in the morning they were really great about helping me get to the airport on time. My last night there was a pizza and wine happy hour that was really fun, and everyone I met here was really nice and fun to hang out with. Definitely a great place if you are traveling solo!

The staff was really friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the location wasn't too bad. I liked the breakfast and also the five euro dinner was ok. I did not like the shower situation because the bathroom floor was always wet, the hostel should really do something about that; have a bathroom mat or a mop available or just stop the leaking or whatever, it was annoying. Also, if you are travelling alone there isn't really much opportunity to meet other people.

thank you for the comment. regarding the wet floor , you had a 4 bed private bathroom and the bathroom has no leak and its cleaned everyday. what happens after that its also up to the people staying the room to be more considerate and close the shower doors when showering. And i am surprised that you haven't met other travellers , we have a common room and a beautiful garden terrace and its full everynight with people chatting drinking and having fun until midnight.

This hostel has an elevator but they don't really allow travellers to use it - this was a problem for me as I'm asthmatic and my room was on an upper floor (4th or 5th), and the staff member just sort of passed it off as "well, you'll get good exercise!" On a particularly damp night I insisted on being allowed to use it as I was already having asthma symptoms. The free breakfast is your standard Italian pastry and coffee. It's about 15-20min walk to any major tourist site.

Me and my brother stayed here for a week, and really enjoyed it!! The rooms are clean and large with a private bathroom for each room. The location is perfect since it is next to the main metro station Termini and at walking distance of the main sights of Rome. The staff is very helpfull and 24h available, whereby we especially liked the owner who is always up for a chat. We frequently used the common area in the garden which is very nice to relax at night and meet all kinds of people.

• 19th May 2014

Hi. Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you and your brother enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in this wonderful city...Rome

Good location near Termini and not far from the central attractions, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept in. Staff were helpful and other guests were friendly. The shower wasn't great but did the job, and the coffee with the breakfast wasn't very nice, but other than that no complaints!

Hi. Thanks for your review. We are trying to do the best for our clients and we hope that you enjoyed your days here in Rome. See you next time !!!!!!!

Great hostel all around! Staff was very helpful with tips around the city. I love the owner that encouraged us to get out! HE was awesome! Breakfast is situated across the street: croissant and coffee. Loved the people I roomed with. The location is just fantastic! (Great restaurant right across the street) Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday and great kitchen. GO! Thank you for making my stay wonderful!

you are great !!!!!!! We want more people like you, here, with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you promise you that the next time will be better even. See you soon sweety !!!!!!!!!