Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Only got to stay with these folks for an evening, but met some great people and had a good experience. Some of the staff had been working for a few too many hours so they were a little cranky; Gina (sp?) was very welcoming, however, and answered all my questions happily!

Great Hostel! Extremely nice staff! Though it may not appear to be so at first but they are extremely nice! Great atmosphere! Really close to the main train station.

If you're traveling to Rome, you must stay here! The hostel is extremely comfortable, with a nice garden. What makes the place, however, is the people. The woman working at the front desk is so nice, and the gentleman who showed me to my room had lots of great stories. The owner talked with myself and a few friends about Italy's immigration policies for nearly an hour --very interesting! There's also free pizza and wine!

Okay place to stay. Clean rooms. Nice outdoor patio. Staff friendly. Had free pizza and wine, which wasn't that good, but free.

I had a nice stay here and met nice people. I had to book a different room on each of two nights, and I will say that the second room was considerably better than the first, not just because it was ensuite. The first room was on floor 3 instead of the ground floor, its toilet lacked a seat to pulldown, and it had no AC (there was a ceiling fan, but I thought I'd mention it since the hostel advertises AC as a feature--and the second room DID have AC). Staff were helpful and nice, location great.

No hot water.

Very good experience. The bed was very clean and I felt comfortable to sleep on it. There is a bag room to put your stuff and if you bring a pad lock your have a big locker to put your stuff in. Very good hostel.

Hi Zakariya Thanks for choosing our hostel and thanks for your great review. We try to make the customer feel at home. Thanks again and...see you next time. Cheers from Rome !!!!!!!!!

Located few minutes of walk from Termini. Big lockers in rooms that you can put all your stuffs in! Pretty clean during my stay and found no complain at all. The Wifi doesn't work that great. It's the only thing that needs improvement for now.

Ok, not amazing, cheap for Rome. There were 4 doors between the street and my room which don't automatically lock, I locked them behind me every time I left, but not once did I come back and need my keys to get into the building or my room...good if you're forgetful I guess, just bring a padlock for your bags

The hostel is big, very impersonal and the staff are polite and straightforward. Everything is very clean and I had no problems there at all. Very close to Termini station, nice place with Kebab just around the corner. Supermarkets a block away and subway and museums very close too.

The hostel is really close to the train station and within walking distance of everything. The area seemed really safe and there were quite a few other hostels in nearby streets. In the hostel itself the doors were left open quite a lot and as you don't have to go through reception to get into the rooms I was a little more nervous of my things than usual. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Showers were quite small and not as clean as some places I have been, but definitely usable.

nice and helpful reception

• 3rd Jun 2014

It´s really near to station, The people are friendly, the breakfast is good. I recomended this hostel, I liked so much

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Colombia

This was the first hostel I stayed at and I was not super impressed, but it got the job done. Everything was pretty clean and most of the staff were quite nice. The owner is AWESOME! The kitchen isn't in the best shape, but gets the job done. The is a nice terrace to chill out after a long day of touring the city. Its about a 30-40 minute walk from the Vatican and Coliseum, however the train and bus stations are right near it. My favorite part of this place were the other travelers I met!

We enjoyed our stay at Freedom Traveller so much! We felt very safe and our private room was very spacious and had more than everything we needed, even an ironing board! Francesco at reception was so helpful in recommending good places to eat and what to see in the city, all of his recommendations turned out to be wonderful. Would definitely stay again during another visit to Rome, thank you!

• 1st Jun 2014

We had to pay with cash because the card machine was broken. The beds were clean and the bathroom was cleaned every day but the floor in our room always seemed dirty. The shower wasn't great but it worked okay. It was a pretty long walk to all of the tourist sites, probably just under two miles to the coliseum. Breakfast was included but you had to go across the street to a restaurant and we didn't bother even going there. Overall good value for under 30 Euro per night.

Hi Alexander We want to thank you for your review and for that you have chosen our hostel. About the dirty floor just want to tell you that the bathroom is cleaned every day and we can not do anything if the roommates don't keep the bathroom clean. Best regards from Rome !!!!!!!!!

Very nice courtyard and centrally located near the train station. Even though it is still far from the main sights, it was nice to get out of the business of the city and be able to walk quickly to our train the morning we left.

We stayed in a double room that was a part of a very nice apartment. The room itself was spacious and had plenty of bedding for us to use. Our double bed was two twin beds pushed together, which was strange but functional. The staff was so incredibly helpful and had a number of good tips. They helped us avoid several long lines!

• 31st May 2014

I stayed for 5 nights and I think it was perfect! The staff was really helpful and available at any time. The location was good, only 5 minutes walk from Terminali and if you are a 'walker' you can reach the whole centre of Rome without any bus/metro. I stayed for 5 days, saw most of Rome and didn't use any bus or metro once. Only negative is that other people staying at the hostel didn't respect the 'silent-after-11pm-rule', so I had some trouble sleeping some nights.

• 31st May 2014
  • Norway

Hi Julianne We are very grateful for your review and we are sorry that you couldn't sleep very well, but we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for choosing our hostel and we send you regards from Rome !!!!!!!!!

Nice staff that gives pack of basic information up front which is useful. Location was really convinient - some small grocery stores around, small supermarket as well, plus very close to subway A and B lines crossing. You can also get to the historical part on foot by 25 minutes walk.

• 30th May 2014