Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Really liked the hostel. Not entirely central but a brusque ten/fifteen min walk away from the sights. The staff were really attentive and good. The cleanliness was unlike anything I've seen in a hostel yet (really good!). Only bad thing is the that they have four keys each for a different thing so I really think they should invest in a key card system because that got old pretty fast. Other than that it was a really good hostel and would recommend!

This hostel is super conveniently located about 5 mins or less from Termini Station and surrounded by little convenience stores. Everything was clean and everybody was nice that I met. There is a really cute courtyard for drinking and relaxing, as well. The only part I didn't enjoy was the lockout for cleaning, which I believe was from 10-3. I will be staying there again in August!

Really fantastic location, great staff, 24hr reception, pastry

Great little hostel. Really friendly staff, cute little courtyard for hanging out. The kitchen is small but has everything one needs, and the room I stayed in was clean and quite large!

I love the garden you have in the back, it brings a completely different atmosphere witch was great

I paid for a private room with two beds and a shared bathroom, we were upgraded to a full apartment with our own bathroom and kitchen. The apartment was very very secure, I can't comment on the dorms but our apartment was very clean, we did go down to the community terrace to hang out, definitely not a party hostel since the neighbors will complain about the noise, we also used the community kitchen and it was very clean, and management is on top of everybody to clean up there mess

The Freedom Traveller is great!!!! The stuff is incredible!!! Is perfectly well located, right by the side of the central station. It was our first time at Rome and we loved it. The wifi is great, is really clean, the bathroom was really good too.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

Staff were really helpful and funny!

Pros: Location Wi-Fi Kitchen Cons: Dirtyish Located to a noisy street

This was a really nice hostel. Great location, nice sized lockers in each room (bring your own lock), and it was cleaned every day. Ample shower facilities. The breakfast was free (croissant and coffee) across the street. Garden was nice. Would be nice if the common room could stay open a bit later (especially on weekends) because 11pm is sort of early when you've just made new friends and it was a bit of a walk to a pub.

This place was great, it had an amazing courtyard. However, there are probably some others that are a bit closer to some of the action though. The kitchen didn't have much stuff that could be used in terms of bowls etc.

It is a very short walk from the Termini train station. Understand that Termini may be crowded and there may be a few determined beggars inside the station and Rome in general. You may have to be curt with them. Everything with then hostel was fine, except that they claimed the credit card machine was not working and that I needed to pay for my room in cash. I learned that they tried to pull same thing to my roommates too who checked in days later, but they refused and paid with their CC.

This hostel has a lot of character. Love the old building. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. The staff is some of the friendliest I've met in a hostel. Nice breakfast included at a restaurant across the street, and a great deal for dinner.

Hostel is in a great location!! Easy walking distance to all major sites in Rome, we didn't need to use the metro once. Staff were super friendly when answering our many question too. Remember to bring a padlock for lockers, not sure if this was stated or not because most of our roommates didn't seem to have a lock! Breakfast is simple but still good seen as it's free and the deal they do on a night with the same restaurant is really good we were SO full for only €5! Thankyou for having us!!

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great common room and outdoor area so it was easy to meet everyone else in the hostel. Great location (5 min walking from the train station which has easy access to both airports). Would definitely recommend.

• 8th Jul 2014

There wasn't hot water because the boiler was broken. Also, every single morning they wake you up to clean the room before 10AM. It's really not nice when you need to sleep late...

I loved the garden were me and my friend always ate and at night met up with other travellers! The place is quite central, since it's so near termini station and everything is walkable. When we arrived the staff immediately discouraged us to buy the Roma pass. Super advice! The kitchen is small and has limited facilities, but everything worked quite fine. The lockers were big and in the rooms, but bring your own lock! The showers, unfortunatly, were horrible. Werent hot and just bad.

• 5th Jul 2014

Small common room. My room was immediately outside the entrance, so I did not sleep well at all. Shower head needs replacing, very old looking with sticky tape holding bit together, head would fall off when water was switched off, which might hit you if not careful, shower would not drain properly. No breakfast. Small kitchen. My bed was being removed daily for some reason, which I am not willing to ask why. And same bedding returned. I would stay somewhere else if somewhere else was better

A good experience for the most part. There's too many keys for all the doors, which makes it really confusing and is a waste of time trying to figure out which key goes to which door. Key cards would be a good idea to invest in or make all the locks one key is also a good option. The first night we got kicked out of the common room because the people next to us were being too loud, so I'm not sure why we got kicked out. This was 5 minutes after the loudest crowd ever left for a pub crawl.

96 stairs to our room! Wifi was intermittent. Breakfast was across the street and very basic. Enough cooking facilities and fridge. Great small garden and courtyard. Good location ~ 15/20 minute walk to major attractions.