Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Staff was amazing! They told us what sites to go to and how to skip long lines, were very nice, and one night the owner even bought pizza and wine for all of us! They really try to accommodate you as much as they can. The metro also isn't a very far walk. Very friendly and welcoming environment!

• 24th May 2014

I had an amazing stay here. the staff was super helpful with suggestions about places to visit, and when I had to catch a flight very early in the morning they were really great about helping me get to the airport on time. My last night there was a pizza and wine happy hour that was really fun, and everyone I met here was really nice and fun to hang out with. Definitely a great place if you are traveling solo!

The staff was really friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the location wasn't too bad. I liked the breakfast and also the five euro dinner was ok. I did not like the shower situation because the bathroom floor was always wet, the hostel should really do something about that; have a bathroom mat or a mop available or just stop the leaking or whatever, it was annoying. Also, if you are travelling alone there isn't really much opportunity to meet other people.

thank you for the comment. regarding the wet floor , you had a 4 bed private bathroom and the bathroom has no leak and its cleaned everyday. what happens after that its also up to the people staying the room to be more considerate and close the shower doors when showering. And i am surprised that you haven't met other travellers , we have a common room and a beautiful garden terrace and its full everynight with people chatting drinking and having fun until midnight.

This hostel has an elevator but they don't really allow travellers to use it - this was a problem for me as I'm asthmatic and my room was on an upper floor (4th or 5th), and the staff member just sort of passed it off as "well, you'll get good exercise!" On a particularly damp night I insisted on being allowed to use it as I was already having asthma symptoms. The free breakfast is your standard Italian pastry and coffee. It's about 15-20min walk to any major tourist site.

Me and my brother stayed here for a week, and really enjoyed it!! The rooms are clean and large with a private bathroom for each room. The location is perfect since it is next to the main metro station Termini and at walking distance of the main sights of Rome. The staff is very helpfull and 24h available, whereby we especially liked the owner who is always up for a chat. We frequently used the common area in the garden which is very nice to relax at night and meet all kinds of people.

• 19th May 2014

Hi. Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you and your brother enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in this wonderful city...Rome

Good location near Termini and not far from the central attractions, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept in. Staff were helpful and other guests were friendly. The shower wasn't great but did the job, and the coffee with the breakfast wasn't very nice, but other than that no complaints!

Hi. Thanks for your review. We are trying to do the best for our clients and we hope that you enjoyed your days here in Rome. See you next time !!!!!!!

Great hostel all around! Staff was very helpful with tips around the city. I love the owner that encouraged us to get out! HE was awesome! Breakfast is situated across the street: croissant and coffee. Loved the people I roomed with. The location is just fantastic! (Great restaurant right across the street) Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday and great kitchen. GO! Thank you for making my stay wonderful!

you are great !!!!!!! We want more people like you, here, with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you promise you that the next time will be better even. See you soon sweety !!!!!!!!!

very nice people!!

• 12th May 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks so much Freedom Traveller! The staff was kind and helpful to me, even gave me a free towel. Always willing to answer questions. The room was clean and comfortable, and a good place to sleep or just rest in. The WiFi worked well, and I appreciated the pastries in the morning. Also the luggage storage was so helpful! It's nice to not have to bring my suitcase everywhere with me before check-in opens. Know that you do have to bring your own locker locks, and the bathroom was average.

• 11th May 2014

It was our girls weekend out (3 girls) and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel - just next to Termini station so excellent location, staff was extremely helpful and kind, gave us a lot of good tips on visiting, transport etc. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Roma - will be definitely back!

• 11th May 2014
  • Poland

Good value for money and close to termini station plus easy to get too from all tourists spots. Not great if you want to meet people as its all split on different levels, but staff very helpful and nice. Breakfast isn't much but a good start for the day and supermarket is close by.

Convenient location and the staffs are very helpful (both the night and morning staffs), they are nice and speak good English.They answer you questions about travel in Rome and give me useful tips. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who want to stay in Rome and look for accommodation.

Compared to most hostels in Rome, this one is pretty good. Clean, friendly staff, safe. I was out the whole time so didn't really get a vibe of the atmosphere. But I am 28 as well!

The position is excellent, building is a bit old but cool to stay! The toilets are a bit old but quite clean. Staff are really friendly and helpful

One of the best hostels in Rome. They have even a kitchen!!!!!! Good value for money, nice rooms, good wi-fi and amazing staff...

• 29th Apr 2014

Perfect location, easy access to Termini and the sites. The rooms are good, and the bathrooms are clean. Nothing bad, this hostel has everything you need while staying in Rome.

Very good place, very good room, awesome staff. Near to the train station and city historical center.

I would recommend this hostel. The staff is very helpful, the guests are pretty respectful. I did have a great time in there. The breakfast is not enough to finish your hungry. It is a tasty pastry and a awful hot bevareage. You cannot consider to drink that.

everything was fine , clean rooms . good wifi, excellent staff and location and good value.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast can be more inclusive and better. Very friendly staff to make you feel comfortable. Prefect location close to the termini. Will stay here when I visit Rome again