Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

Thanks so much Freedom Traveller! The staff was kind and helpful to me, even gave me a free towel. Always willing to answer questions. The room was clean and comfortable, and a good place to sleep or just rest in. The WiFi worked well, and I appreciated the pastries in the morning. Also the luggage storage was so helpful! It's nice to not have to bring my suitcase everywhere with me before check-in opens. Know that you do have to bring your own locker locks, and the bathroom was average.

• 11th May 2014

It was our girls weekend out (3 girls) and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel - just next to Termini station so excellent location, staff was extremely helpful and kind, gave us a lot of good tips on visiting, transport etc. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Roma - will be definitely back!

• 11th May 2014
  • Poland

Good value for money and close to termini station plus easy to get too from all tourists spots. Not great if you want to meet people as its all split on different levels, but staff very helpful and nice. Breakfast isn't much but a good start for the day and supermarket is close by.

Convenient location and the staffs are very helpful (both the night and morning staffs), they are nice and speak good English.They answer you questions about travel in Rome and give me useful tips. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who want to stay in Rome and look for accommodation.

Compared to most hostels in Rome, this one is pretty good. Clean, friendly staff, safe. I was out the whole time so didn't really get a vibe of the atmosphere. But I am 28 as well!

The position is excellent, building is a bit old but cool to stay! The toilets are a bit old but quite clean. Staff are really friendly and helpful

One of the best hostels in Rome. They have even a kitchen!!!!!! Good value for money, nice rooms, good wi-fi and amazing staff...

• 29th Apr 2014

Perfect location, easy access to Termini and the sites. The rooms are good, and the bathrooms are clean. Nothing bad, this hostel has everything you need while staying in Rome.

Very good place, very good room, awesome staff. Near to the train station and city historical center.

I would recommend this hostel. The staff is very helpful, the guests are pretty respectful. I did have a great time in there. The breakfast is not enough to finish your hungry. It is a tasty pastry and a awful hot bevareage. You cannot consider to drink that.

everything was fine , clean rooms . good wifi, excellent staff and location and good value.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast can be more inclusive and better. Very friendly staff to make you feel comfortable. Prefect location close to the termini. Will stay here when I visit Rome again

we were in a private room and were not aware that cleaners came in every day. It would have been nice if the hostel had told us ahead of time. I also did not appreciate the fact that the cleaners threw out a bag of my food because I had left it in the same vicinity as the trash can. If I had wanted to throw it out I would have put it IN the trash can.

the smell in the building was repulsive. also we were not told ahead of time that our room would be in a different building a couple blocks away than the main part of the hostel.

Shower area easy to get flooded, perhaps the drainage outlet is blocked by hair or something. The lock to the apartment is a bit difficult to open. And the bunk beds are not very comfortable, those mattresses needed change(but the single bed beside mine is much more comfortable).

Atmosphere was kinda lame. Walking distance to the main train station and the rooms were clean.

The bahtroom, was mouldy, the toiletseat was not fixed, and the whole room was very bad air -conditioned. The staff was not unfriendly but also not very friendly

The hostel is very close to termini station wich makes it easy to get public transportation to all Rome. The atmosphere is inexistent but it's clean and safe enough to spend a couple of nights. The price was a bit high but comparing to other places it''s a the avarage you willl pay in the city. The breakfast is only a pastry

The only issue was that many private rooms share a single toilet with shower. Since many people share the toilet, there are quite a few times whereby I had to wait a bit for the toilet. Otherwise, the room very nice and clean, and the location is excellent.

Five minute walk from the metro station to get to the main sites (or the big train station you'll probably arrive into). They give you a coupon every morning for breakfast across the street which is a good deal. Walking up the stairs to the fifth floor every time I needed to get back was a pain, and there really aren't enough bathrooms on each floor for the amount of people there, but it was worth the money in the end because there really aren't cheap places in Rome.