Freedom Traveller Reviews

Via Gaeta, 23, Rome, Italy

The staff did an excellent job creating a fun and welcoming atmosphere. The free breakfast and wine in the evenings was super nice and was a way to meet new people.

This place was completely awesome. The staff members were very warm and welcoming and were able to answer any questions that I had. The happy hour really allowed fellow guests get to know one another--couldn't have been more pleased. Thanks & I will be returning my next visit to Rome!

Thank you for an enjoyable stay. I'll definitely be back soon

It was such a pleasure staying at Freedom Traveller! All the staff there are just amazing and so willing to make your travel the best it can be. And many a times they'll try to strike up a conversation with you. The wine session with snacks is also a great way to meet other travellers and I also appreciated the breakfast with free coffee :) needless to say, my stay here was a joy from start to finish and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

This hostel is very close to the train station. It's a good location if you want to do day trips, but the area does get a bit sketchy after dark. We stayed in the private room area. The room was great, but the bathroom was filthy. There was actually mold all over the upper walls. The garden area is lovely. The staff is fantastic and helpful.

The location is not in a very safe area. during the day is ok, but not at night. My keys didn't work to get in the front gate so I had to be buzzed in so anyone could easily be buzzed in. Someone was always living the door to my apartment opened so I don't think it was a secure building. It's not a very social atmosphere if traveling alone. They try with the happy hour. however, there is a 2300 curfew, but they closed the garden at 2230. Staff wasn't very helpful with suggestions.

For my first hostel experience I was happy with it. It was easy to find, close to the train station, facilities did the job, rooms were very spacious. The only problem I had was one of the females who worked at reception, she was rude and unhelpful, all the other staff were great though. The streets are very noisy at night so expect to be kept awake or bring ear plugs!

thank you for. the review . and i am glad that your first hostel experience was pleasant. I am surprised that you had a issue with my female staff she is the most helpful when it come to giving info and helping guests. If your only problem was her and the rest of the staff was great than the low score you gave us is, one pays for all although you said they were great. I think its unfair for the rest of the staff because they work hard to please everyone

I enjoyed my stay and the rooms are very nice, the staff was very friendly, I recommend

• 8th May 2015
  • Romania

The owner is the man! I was staying here for a work conference nearby, and everything was clean, not too noisy, and a very good deal for the money.

We loved the friendly people of the staff and the conversations what we had with the other guests. Everyone was very helpfully and kind. We felt like Home. It is impossible to choose an Age group, because are group was 20 - 60 years.

• 4th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The room is good, but the staff was very rude most of the times. During my check-in the recepcionist was very rude and said that I could not pay with credit card, just cash. But later the other recepcionist said that they accept credit card. So it was confusing and not very nice of them. We cannot use the common area during the day. They just let us use the area in the garden, but is not very nice and very dirt. The luggage room sucks and we cannot carry our luggages inside the common area.

thank you for the review. My staff rude? hard to believe misunderstandings could happen . Not being able to use the common room during the day it is disinformative and not accurate , we are open 24 hours a day. We try to not let people pass in the common room with luggage because we have another passage for the luggage room. the common area is a place to meet people and relax . I am sorry our garden was not nice enough for you. everybody enjoys it and in 17 years i never had a complaint about it

Great location, friendly staff, good Wi-fi, a lot of keys (4) to watch over. Anyway I had a good time there, and I think the location weighs up the cost.

I was told that the hostel was undergoing renovations and that my floor was the last to be done, which I hope is true because my room felt very outdated and run down. The bathroom flooded on the first night but the staff were very helpful and considerate in fixing the problem. The location is great if you're traveling by train and there's a metro stop at termini. Definitely not the nicest hostel I stayed in, but if you just need a place to crash it's fine.

bathroom wasnt clean at all and something was smelling really bad. the luggage room was flooded when it rained and part of our bags were wet. They rent towels but the one that we rent wasnt clean. Staff was good and friendly.

Really nice staff which made me feel very welcomed from the first day. I really liked the snack and vine in the evening. Since I was travelling alone it was a very good way to meet some new people.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Denmark

The staff is really nice and helpful. You feel always safe there and a nice atmosphere is all around the hostel!

Very nice hostel. Centrally located. Very friendly and helpful staff. Tjey provide you with everything you need.

Great place, friendly staff and they have lift! Small miracles when your travelling not having to haul your bags up the stairs for a change. The rooms were great, no bunks and very comfortable mattress and pillows. Annoying to have lock out for cleaning from 10 if you want to go out late and sleep in.

Everything was great. Guy working the night shift was the MAN! Loved this dude! Unfortunately didn't get his name, but he's the only one who smiles. He made us feel welcome right when we checked in and was super helpful in every way possible.

All the crew at freedom traveller hostel were great it was five minutes from the main train station in Rome most of the tourist sights were within walking distance

• 17th Apr 2015