Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

Nice place to stay. Beds are really comfortable and dorms a nice size! Careful of the bar, it can get really expensive ($6 for a small bottle of water) but if you want a casual drink at the end of the night it's handy. Pools good, but opens quite early when we went (6pm). It was good for us that it was out if the hustle of Ocean Drive but it does mean either a 2 mile walk there and back or a $9 cab.

• 17th Sep 2014

Excellent price and atmosphere, worth it!

This place is seriously impressive. Great vibe, great look and they have an awesome cocktail bar, pool and garden.

Fantastic value for money Excellent location - walking distance to south beach, and on the same road as other fancy hotels Good facilities, would recommend

• 31st Aug 2014

This is a beautiful hostel. The poolside picture I took inspired envy with my friends back home. I'd never stayed at a hostel before and it completely shattered my negative preconceptions of hostels. It's essentially a hotel where you have to stay in a room with strangers. My only disappointment was that I couldn't buy their T-shirt because the bar was closed when I checked out! I'd definitely stay there again.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review our property - we're glad we changed your opinion on hostels! Come back to stay with us again soon!

The hostel was amazing! Definetly the best in Miami. We really enjoyed our stay!

Hi, Thanks for review! We hope to welcome you back!

Felt more like the only thing making this place a hostel were the bunk beds. Excellent place in terms of value for money and the beds and facilities were amazing. Only downfalls that we could see was that it was located a bit away from the main hustle and bustle of south beach and the bar at the hostel was open to the public and run separately so you didn't really mingle with the other people staying there as you would normally. Would definitely recommend though

This place can't seem to decide whether it is a hotel or a hostel.... ***Pros***: Good sized swimming pool (even if it is disgustingly warm...) room was decent size and clean, close to the beach

They definitely should clean the dorms and WC. I mean, not just take off the trash of the basket. We complained but the staff didn't care much.

• 5th Aug 2014

This is a trendy hostel with a great atmosphere. Excellent outdoor patio and pool with great opportunities to meet people. The only downfall is that it is about a 15-20 min walk from the heart of South Beach. Otherwise a great place to stay in Miami on a budget.

• 27th Jul 2014

A nice hostel with a good atmosphere and nice facilities, and he staff were very helpful. However, it might be an idea to restrict smoking around the pool area, as it was not very pleasant to swim with cigarette smoke everywhere.

• 5th Jul 2014

Dorm room lockers could be a bit more secure. It is easy for anyone including non-guests to come and go in all the communal areas.

• 27th Jun 2014

Brilliant hostel, clean, spacious, in good location and most importantly friendly

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Wales

I've no words to explain my satisfaction. Everything are good, I was very well recieved and the infrastructure is very good. The recepcionists are funny and gave me all support necessary. So, it was AMAZING. recommend.

More suited to a holiday maker than a traveller/backpacker with a fairly expensive bar on site used by locals. The location is probably ok in winter, but in summer its too far from anywhere to walk in the heat! Breakfast is fairly poor. The rooms are the best I've ever come across in a dorm. Staff are good but not enough on the front desk so service can be slow.

The best in Miami!

Overall my stay at freehand was great, the sleeping accommodation was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is included in the cost. The only issues i had was the lockers they provided in the room were either broken or easy to get into even with a lock on them. The second issue, was that the staff is not very friendly but they are however helpful.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Great location and great rooms. Would return!

Great pool and good location to beach, let down by high bar price, that sucks the life out of the place.

Such a nice hostel for us backpackers! Clean, trendy and in a good location. Beds were so comfy and it was like a home away from home. Only thing is that the bar is VERY expensive ($55 for 4 drinks). Fair enough that it's a bar for residents as well, but at least let us drink our own drink in the common room as we're travellers on a budget! Other than that, loved it!