Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

The first that I want to mention, the atmosphere was PERFECT. Okay, I am a women but it was so cozy. Room was clean, bed was soft to went to bed, however I used a second floor bed, it was hard to climb up and down, but it was fine because I choose dorm. Location was fine, becasue we usually took a Ubers. It was little bit far to Lincon road or Ocean drive by walked. But it's cheap if you take a uber to reach there. It was great experience staying at Freehand! I would definitely to be back.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • South Korea

Cool hostel, nice people and the bars at the backyard are fine to drink something!

Amazing place!

• 2nd Feb 2016

This is a very good hostel! I just spent one night there but location was good, staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very tasty! I couldn't use the pool as it was raining but it had great views!

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Peru

Freehand Miami has been a great experience in every way. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the atmosphere is warm and inviting and above all the staff is knowledgeable, courteous and accommodating (particularly, Cat and Iris). I am well traveled and the staff here stands apart from the rest! Hats off to the management team on this fine establishment.

• 25th Jan 2016

I stayed in a quad room and it was great. The only negative I could think of is the bathroom is tiny and dated.

This place is a gem!

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Pakistan

Although the staff was welcoming and super helpful, the bathroom of my 4-bed dorm was really filthy which made my one-night-stay not so comfortable. The location is quite good and the bus takes you to South Beach in no time.

• 17th Jan 2016

A very good place, I ended up staying 3 nights instead of 1. Good place for party people as well as backpackers as it is possible to meet people around. Check out the bar as well, it's very nice

Pro: the beds and bedding were comfy. I appreciated the curtain I between bunks. Ample spacious rooms and storage. Staff were very kind and helpful. I loved everything about the garden patio and pool area. CONS:Stayed in room 105. Bathtub was decrepit and the faucet leaked in the sink.

3 night stay during winter months. Super comfy beds and very helpful staff. Outdoor pool and adjoining resteraunt are top notch, with bar area noise not affecting quality of sleep in dorm rooms. Simple breakfast was more than enough. Close to the beach but a 20-30 min walk to main shopping/cafe bar area. Uber is best option to south beach, but totally walkable. Highly recommend local 'Las Olas Cafe' in South Beach for Cuban coffee lovers. Meat pies are just as incredible! Steve (STA Travel)

I really like this hostel

Great place, great people behind the counter. One of those hostels that seem to be running for the right reasons.

Nice location. Beautiful bar in the back with pool. However they never clean up the bathroom!!!

The Breakfast was no ready at 8 am every day.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Chile

If you are planning on having a good nights sleep I wouldn't recommend staying here. There is a bar just outside your window which can be rather loud until the early hours of the morning. The rooms have their own bathrooms, which are a bit on the pokey side. The beds are reasonable but the pillow situation is not ideal - you'd be better off rolling up a jumper, and your bed wear consists of a thin sheet and a Mexican shawl. The kitchen faculties are a fridge and a microwave, you can't cook here

The building itself and hostel grounds are great - the pool is inviting and the lobby area is a great spot for breakfast. Cool architecture. The walk to the beach is only 5 minutes. South Beach is a pleasant walk away, and the area is more relaxed than SB. With that said, the music from the attached bar is loud - bring earplugs or plan for late nights.

Very cool vibe and great location if you don't want to be in the thick of south beach.

• 29th Dec 2015

My stay at the Freehand was exceptional. Mainly due to the atmosphere and the restaurant, bar and pool. I got to meet a lot of great people who weren't actually staying at the hostel which i liked (also met some great people who were staying there)! The daily breakfast was pretty good. My room was a bit crummy. The tap in the bathroom couldn't be completely turned off so I could always hear it running at night. I stayed for 4 nights and the room was never cleaned so got pretty gross.

• 23rd Dec 2015

too noisy when there are parties, if you have a room close to the pool

• 23rd Dec 2015