Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

The new guest house was very nice except the placing of the toilets wasn't very well thought out....little room to actually sit in the direction pointed as even at 5"4' my knees were almost touching the wall. As well, there should be a full length mirror placed somewhere in the room.The guest robes were a very nice touch and the bed and the pillows were very soft. Most of the front desk staff was nice but the girl that checked us in (Asian girl) she wasn't very friendly needs CSR training.

Thanks very much, it was a very pleasant stay. Best hostel in Miami

• 2nd Apr 2014

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review us - come back soon! -Management Team

Great hostel! Awesome atmosphere! Cool bar!

• 1st Apr 2014

Hi, Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at the Freehand! -Management Team

Great Place to stay!

• 24th Mar 2014

I LOVED this hostel! I stayed in a Female-only quad and the room was very spacious, clean, and had a private bathroom. The hostel was also conveniently located right off of Collins Ave between North and South Beach. It is slightly pricey but definitely worth it, although it is much cheaper the farther in advance you book. Also, their bar/restaurant, The Broken Shaker, is known as one of the trendiest bars in Miami Beach, and I loved the atmosphere. Highly recommended!!

• 11th Mar 2014

I thought the hostel and the staff were perfect. My only comment would be that perhaps they could put 2 staff members on the front desk from breakfast time till maybe 10pm. There is always a big line, which is not where you want to spend your time in Miami. Apart from that, loved it and would definitely stay there again!

Hi there, Thanks for the feedback - we value your opinion. Hope to see you again soon! -Management Team

The employees were unfriendly, not motivated and unhelpful! We had to tell them 4 times to change our soapbox and clean the dead cockroach! Too much money for no service, never ever again!

Close to the beach, clean and comfortable, friendly staff

Nicest hostel on South Beach. Great atmosphere out in the bar. Amazing breakfast. Only negatives were the bar was pricey and the place was a ways from the action.

Felt a cool wind when dealing with staff both on phone & in person. Recommend more detail about catching the Airport Flyer - add to go to car rental area . .

• 17th Feb 2014

Hotels room are different from many pictures published in news papers. Hopefully, the magazines have not shown some bathrooms pictures as they are more than old school ! When rooms are over the bar, noise is quite important and late in the evening, so bring your ear plugs.

We had a guy in the room who did not take showers y would turn off air not understandibg he was in South Florida!!! He also left his stuff and sand all over the room!! He was the only unpleasant part of my stay!!! Good value for the money!!!

• 11th Feb 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Freehand on my way home from travelling in Costa Rica. It is a lovely hostel in a great part of town. But if you're in one of the downstairs dorms it's not quiet Despite being told when I checked-in that everyone must be quiet after 10pm, that's not the case. It's a real shame as it did mar my stay there. The staff though were great - really helpful and friendly and the place itself is great.

My fiance and I had a great time at the hostel. We did have an issue with another guest staying in our shared room that the staff handled very well. The managr was very supportive and we appreciated that.

Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in so far!

You cannot find a better place for you money in South Beach... no chance. This is a hostel-style hotel that is huge with beautiful, stylish and comfortable amenities including a massive outdoor common area with a sweet swimming pool. There is a superb mixologist bar that has some unbelievable cocktails in addition to serving delicious food. Great place to meet other travellers and locals who come to the bar at night. Would DEFINITELY stay there again, so much value for money. Thank you!!

The outdoor patio is fantastic!...until you are kicked out past sunset for the downstairs bar to open. I'm paying to stay in the dorms, but they want to force me to pay for an overpriced cocktail to sit by the pool? I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, clean facilities and helpful staff.

Very clean and comfortable beds. I liked that every bed had its own lamp and power outlets. The staff was very helpful. I arrived early and the room was not quite ready, but the clerk offered to hold my luggage in the meantime. When asked if there were any nearby places to eat, he was more than helpful in providing several options, of which, I chose the Spanish cafe just down the street (I highly recommend it!). The location felt safe; two blocks from beach, but a decent walk to main areas.

Great big city Hostel! The community feeling for the travellers are not so high, but quality of facilities, wibes with the local crowd are excellent. Keep up the good work. Staff could be a little more social (compared with other Hostels). Keep up the good work!

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

A very nice hostel. I liked most how clean it was. The location was also good as it was only a few blocks from the beach and there was a market right down the street if you didn't want to eat at a restaurant. If you want to get to the other miami beach attractions however you will have to take a short cab or bus (its about a 40 min walk to south beach). I would definitely stay here again.