Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

One of the cleanest, most comfortable hostels I've stayed at. The staff are uber friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and unbelievably clean! The bar and restaurant attract a non-hosteler crowd at night but it doesn't take away from the experience. The beach is a block away, there's cheap restaurants and a convenience store around the corner and good subsidized parking!!

• 29th Aug 2015

Perfect for any backpacker who wants to enjoy a hotel-like hostel at a good price for Miami beach. Nice pool and Bar area, and a nice breakfast included. Recommend

The only thing about this hostel is , After you get your room if you don't ask them to clean things they basicly don't. However you will definately get cleen sheets when you first get your room.Also maybe the pool might be cleaner.But theese are not important things when compared to rest of the good stuff. Beds are extremely confortable. You have 2 supermarkets 50 meters close to hostel, you have a subway , a dentist and a hair saloon. Hostel Staff and Broken Shaker is amazing. Its the best.

This as been ONe of the best hostels I have ever been so far. The atmosphere is awesome. Considering that you are in Miami/America, I felt a London vibe (but sunnier). The whole Place (common areas, rooms and outdoor lounge/pool) is well decorated with a trendy retro style. Private rooms have huge beds + 4great pillows + 2 robs + complete set of shower towels ± TV + complete set of shower products...things that become quit rares in regular hostels..

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Try to modify Breakfast service.

Stayed for 4 nights. Great hostel! Has a pool and looks/feels really cool. Beach & Boardwalk 2 minutes away which is great. Breakfast included and is fairly comprehensive too. Parking round the corner can be tricky to get and needs topping up every 3 hours during the day. 8 bed room felt a little cramped and reception staff sometimes overwhelmed so had to wait a while. Great hostel and met some cool people, if you're in Miami it's a must!

I booked through this web page however when i arrived at the hostel , I waited till check in and they turned me down saying they have no more place. It was very disappointing for me , i trusted them and spared my time there and at the end they only said we dont have a place. Dont know if it is the hostel's fault or not but it was a terrrible experience.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Turkey

It's a good place to stay and I'd come back. But, they have old bathrooms and a stinky elevator. Not to mention a very poor breakfast. There is a supermarket nearby, but prices there are overly high and there is no kitchen you could use in the hostel.

Really good things here: the beds are perfect, they offer a variety of activities, the breakfast was the best we had in the hostels in the USA, we got clean towels often, very close to the beach and it has a nice pool and a bar in the hostel. Little less good things: the volume of the music of the bar (loud until it closes around 2:00) the WiFi reception was bad, especcially in the room, there was a big leakage on our last day caused by a night of rain, only a microwave in the kitchen

This is the best hostel ever sTayed in right on the beach so could go for a morning swim. Super market right next to it. Bus stop right outside to go to the shops or wherever you want. I loved this hostel made me feel like I'm in a hotel. Very posh for a hostel. Clean, fresh.

Friendly and helpful staff, great location, and solid facilities make this an outstanding hostel.

Amazing overall....location to south beach or nikki beach, kinda far; however, the beach is two blocks away...not as nice as the previous stated. Amazing atmosphere and staff. I was blown away for the price we paid and what we got. Everyone in NYC told us to go to broken shaker and it was right there!! By far one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

I had a great time. The diversity of people & age groups,were very good. The athomsphere was not Latin at all, and i liked it since I come from Argentina and we don' t relate to the rest of the Latin culture, or music. Everybody seemed to enjoy and I did it myself. I didnt like when they opened the bar to the public, or the pool. (people not staying at the Freehand crowded the area) But the for the rest I highly recommend it for travellers any age.Breakfast should feed all the pax!!!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

The kitchen close very early. Staff do not know enough about the city, and some of them recommend us pub that were closed. The air condition was very cold in the lobby. Room were very good. Pretty good service of towels

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Hostel is also a Bar&Lounge place. Very nice atmosphere and deco, altough it doesn´t look as a backpackers place. Rooms & bed are great, Breakfast is fine, staff is awesome. Well located at Miami Beach, market & cafe just at the corner. It is possible to go by foot to Art Deco district / Ocean Drive, a 40min walk.

This place is awesome! The breakfast was great and the location was the best you could get on Miami beach! Will definitely stay there again!

Expensive- but there is a fantastic bar (also pricey) and pool onsite- the benefit being that the place is always busy and exciting, bringing in locals to mingle with. Tried swimming in the pools after hours and was verbally abused by security- how ridiculous to have 50 people around a pool and no one in it! Go for a dive and give them hell. Front desk staff could have been more informative and helpful. Was the only female in a mixed dorm 3 nights in a row. Location is a bit of hike from Sth Bch

Till the last night my stay at the Freehand was without any complications. This hostel has one of the best accommodation I ever stayed in - a pool, the beds are made out of solid wood, even the mattress was incredible comfy. But for the last two days I should have switched into another room. That is no problem at all, but nobody told me to do so! As I came back that night all my stuff was gone. They moved it without me knowing it. I think nothing is missing but next time just tell me!!!

This place has a great ambiance. I was on a budget but I'm also almost 30 and not interested in the usual hostel party vibe. Free Hand was mature, relaxed, clean and comfortable. They have a great bar in the back, a hangout area around the pool, and an indoor lounge area where you can read, eat, write or just hang out. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm - it was clean, the mattress was comfortable and there were individual tables/night lights for each bed. Overall, had a great stay!

• 5th Jul 2015

I didn't realise that there was a bar directly outside of my room. It was amusing that there was a sign on the piano to stop playing at 10pm, but the bar was playing music until 2am. The bar was, however, a very big plus at the same time. Didn't have to go far to find people to chat to, and the atmosphere was excellent. South Beach was less than a 20 minute walk. Staff were very willing to give advice on how to get to places and do things.

« first « Prev 1 2 3