Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

I loved staying here. The decor is really thoughtful and lovely - really captured the beachy, relaxed side of Miami rather than the tacky hotels you see further south. Having pool access made me feel spoiled for staying in a hostel and the beach is just around the corner. The rooms are huge - compared to tiny European hostels I've stayed at, having 2 bathrooms and counter space, seating, hooks and so much floor space for an 8 bed dorm was luxury. I would definitely stay here again.

Parking was a challenge but public transportation options were excellent. Next time maybe not rent a car. Beach location was superb.

• 21st Dec 2015

Good hostel, amazing food and drinks at their bar and restaurant. Great location, easy distance to get into the heart of South Beach, should maybe have some more reasonable priced food and laundry service for the price you pay.

The place is really impressive for a hostel, unfortunately the front desk is understaffed. Also, common areas for guests isn't really a priority.

Great hostel; the rooms are very clean and it's a great place to meet locals and fellow travelers.. If you're looking to stay in a place that's a bit more chill and quiet, this is not the place to stay.

Positives: pool out the back, lots of friendly travellers, good atmosphere and generally a beautiful hostel. Negative: reception understaffed, there were long queues most of the time. Bathroom was unpleasant but I put that down to 1 or 2 fellow guests who don't know how to use a shower curtain or who think smoking in the bathroom is ok. Parking is a pain, but a tip for future guests not wanting to pay a fortune or risk towing, 42nd st garage $8 per day is

The girl works too slow.

• 10th Dec 2015

This Hostel was one of the best I've ever stayed it! Very clean, beds were comfortable and staff were very nice and helpful. Great location close walking distance from the beach and the bar pool area was great place to hang at night!

Great bar and pool area, however the atmosphere is severely lacking. Very little in the way of common space other than the public bar area (in which staff will tell you to move on to accommodate paying locals). The bar seems to be a South Beach hotspot so is pretty noisy until 2am. Staff don't seem to have a clue about the social events that are advertised Would be an awesome hostel for spring break, but not recommended for backpackers.

No complaints, everything was great! They give out towels and have a nice pool, and are connected to a really fancy restaurant. Every night, even during the week, the bar and outdoors are pretty bumpin.

This place was awesome my first time ever staying at a hostel and I can't wait to do it again! Stay here if you can they were super nice and helpful!

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Puerto Rico

You might want to check the fridge for expired and/or growing food. As I was trying to find a place for some items I bought I noticed several things in there that should have been in the trash. Maybe it just got overlooked while I was there?

Fantastic mattress, I can't remember anything as comfortable in a long time. Tons of people around in the nightime and conveniently located. Great place all in all!

The hostel was very cool. I enjoyed my stay and will surely return. I loved the atmosphere and location; and will refer it to friends and family. It was well worth the trip.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Great location and a very cool building. Rooms are clean and well designed. Nice pool , bar, and restaurant area. The staff were mostly vert friendly and helpful - however some attitude from certain servers in bar/restaurant. Some rooms are very noisy due to proximity to bar. The bar is ver popular and gets many local visitors. This can be disruptive if you are trying to relax in lobby area. Value for money is great, until the weekend rate hike - completely over priced dorm rooms on the wknd.

Freehand Miami made my stay very enjoyable. The staff was amazing and helpful. My favorite employee at the Freehand was Kathrine Emily Gracia, she helped me feel comfortable with sharing a room with other people. She was kind to me, she answered all my silly questions. Love her! It was my first time at a hostel. The Freehand has everything to make a person feel at home. I can't wait to come back... Thank you Pedro Bosques

• 16th Nov 2015

Awesome Hostel, very good facilities and very comfy! Even the dorms are quiet and you get privacy. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was great, awesome value for money. Very close to beach but not much else around as it seemed. They don't offer any parking, no parking passes, so very problematic for the are. Got a tip from a guest for a cheap garage 1mile away.

The hostel has the chance to be a really nice hostel but: The staff was not very helpful and seems overstressed. Our question regarding parking places was answered with a simple "I don't know". When trying to store package at departure day we had to wait very long until we skipped our request and took the package with us. The lobby looks very dark. Since the bar within the hostel is used as a bar itself there are a lot of persons which do not belong to the hostel. No good atmosphere.

Very nice hostel but some of the staff were not helpful at all. On our arrival the room was dirty, with plenty of empty alcohol bottles and smell of puke all over it. On top of that someone slept in our beds before us. Basically it looked like our roommates organised a party priror to our arrival. Me and my girlfriend agreed to go downstairs and request getting new room. First of all we have been offered NEW BED SHEETS and informed that hostel was fully booked for that night. After I strongly di

Good atmosphere and nice rooms.