Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

A very nice hostel. I liked most how clean it was. The location was also good as it was only a few blocks from the beach and there was a market right down the street if you didn't want to eat at a restaurant. If you want to get to the other miami beach attractions however you will have to take a short cab or bus (its about a 40 min walk to south beach). I would definitely stay here again.

My boyfriend and I stayed her for a quick trip but it was perfect. We stayed in a private room with private bath. Probably the nicest room I've stayed in at a hostel. The entire place was so charming, candles lit at night, great breakfast, cool bar, a courtyard you'd like to take with you. And it was nothing to walk to the beach. If your going out and planning to wear heels your taking a cab to and from the bars but I didn't think it was bad to walk one way and cab it back. Awesome

Good wifi, maybe breakfast could be different some mornings. Would have been good to have a toaster too.

• 26th Dec 2013

Very spacious, great atmosphere. Really great place for relaxing with friends, but not so much for meeting new people. There aren't many activities that are planned by the hostel.

Very nice hostel, highly recommended.

Great blend of all things. There is a bar downstairs for those looking for the party scene, but rooms are quiet and sleep friendly. Walking distance of South Beach, within two blocks of the ocean, less than a block from major bus station. I'd stay here again. Beds are solid with lockers and individual bathrooms.

Is a very good place to meet diferent people from all world.

• 28th Nov 2013

As far as hostels go this is up there in my top five. The staff are very helpful and friendly, it's clean, the facilities are great, the beds are super comfy. I loved the size of the outdoor area with the pool. It isn't right in the middle of everything but I quite like that. The area itself is relatively quiet and the walk along the beach to downtown makes the slightly further afield location worth it. The bar is a tad expensive especially for a hostel but I'd definitely come back.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our property. Come back soon! -Management Team

The people who works there is really great

It was a great staying at freehand in Miami.The bar was so nice.There were random free ivent to join every customer and also local people.They are friendly to be able to enjoy staying there. 思っていたよりキレイで、セキュリティーも安心でした。部屋にロッカーがあるので、南京錠を持参して行ってください。場所がサウスビーチやオーシャンドライブなどの繁華街から離れているのが難点ですが、歩いて30分位、タクシーで10分位です。海までは、3分程度で近くのローカルレストランに入れば安く食事が出来ますよ。ホステルにあるBARは、雰囲気も良くてお勧めです。

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Japan

Good hostel. Very close to the beach (2 mins walk), ok shops nearby, more restaurants/shops further down Collins Ave, walking distance though. Great value for money especially in Miami. All staff were very nice and were able to answer any questions we had. Stayed in the 4 bed dorm. Would stay here again in I returned to Miami.

The hostel was one of the highlights of my trip. My intentions were to finish a trip with a few days in Miami nice and chilled. The freehand allows you to have a chilled time and if you want activities or something tourist like they can help you find something. However should you want a drink or too having the broken shaker in the evening is spot on. Good spot, attracting a nice group with a great atmosphere. I highly reccomend my stay to many friends and overs. Thanks again.

• 12th Nov 2013

Very nice hotel and hostel, close to the beach with a pool area that was great for relaxing and enjoying Miami. One thing that surpriSed me was that Hostelworld fees don't cover taxes, so expect to pay a little more than you're told. Still a great value!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Bulgaria

I was surprised at how good it was. I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this is one of the best. The rooms are big, comfortable beds, very clean, good breakfast, fast stable wi-fi (also in the room), there is really nothing to complain about. The location is actually not the best in South Beach, but it's not bad at all, you just need to walk or take a bus if you wanna go down to Ocean Drive. Bus to/from the airport stops very close. I would never stay anywhere else in Miami Beach.

Oh my god, I am travelling a lot, but this hostel is definitely one of the best I've ever seen so far.... The staff is really nice, the rooms are clean, the beds are more than comfortable and the pool area is just amazing... Speak to Kaya whenever you need some further information about parties... she knows good places which are not that commercial as others and she has a good taste of music... Thanks to everybody who made my stay at Freehand unforgettable.... Love Monika K., Switzerland

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

No laundry facilities is the only thing wrong with this place..

I loved it!! It's not that "party hard"-atmosphere there but just a more relaxed one. I totally liked the patio with the pool especially when it`s dark and so nice illuminated! The bed was pretty cosy! If you're not just looking for party but for a nice place to relax, it's perfect. The beach is also really close. Just the area itself is not very interesting. Little restaurants, just one small supermarket.. And the breakfast was just some pastries. But I would definitely stay there again!!

They've got our beds wrong twice. First upon check in, the staff told us our beds were 1 and 2 but bed 1 was occupied. I had to go over to the reception again, the guy didn't give a damn, he just said "take any bed available in the room. So we took bed number 3 and told him to change it in the system so it wouldn't happen again. We went out and at night when we returned, for our surprise bed 3 was occupied even though we had left some stuff in there. They are really careless and don't give a ***

The water-tap in the washroom was not working very well though.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • China

Extremely nice atmosphere. Highly recommended.