Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

Its a cute hostel but has slow service. We also lost few of our belongings due to the staff there. Although they refunded a night's stay the fact still remains tht we lost our things.

• 4th Nov 2015
  • India

Cool hostel with a nice pool area and the cocktail bar is really good too. Good location.

Great choice for the budget minded. Bit of a walk to Lincoln mall (bout 20mins) but only a block from the beach and board walk. Great pool and bar area. Great breakfast of toast, cereals, oatmeal, juice, coffee, fruit and muffins. Staff were friendly. The bar had a great write up in a local guide book but I didn't get to try it.

• 30th Oct 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Very clean, friendly, and great atmosphere. Comfy beds and nice clean bathrooms.

Great place to stay, cleaning staff needed to be far more attentive, stayed for 11 days and bed linen never got changed, constantly had to ask for towels and toilet paper to be replaced and towels in room never removed!!

• 19th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I love the friendly staff and their attentiveness to every single guest. I love the way staff encourage and care for people to have a good time by giving instructions on how to get to places in a safe and cheap way. The place was clean, tidy and with a good air conditioning system. Breakfast was delicious. My only suggestion is that it would be fantastic if staff collect, from main station, some buses timetables to provide travellers the right times to can catch public transport effectively.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Carmuchita
  • Ecuador

I had a great time in Freehand Hostel. The atmosphere was incredible. If you want, you don't need to leave the hostel to meet interesting people. My room (107) was perfect (bed very confortable, good space in room). My next time in Miami sure I will back to Freehand.

A very lovely looking hostel with a great outdoor garden. The beds are comfortable, and each has a lamp and power points and there is a free breakfast supplied. Problem is, there were no travellers. I'd heard hostels in the States can be a bit odd, and yes it was, the place didn't know what it wanted to be. The bar and hipster restaurant bring people from far and wide for the laid back atmosphere and fancy cocktails. So if you're a traveller it can feel a bit uncomfortable - people dressed up

change your lockers! found out you can still open them when locked, someone stole money from the entire room.

The reception girl is extremely cheerful. Good to see her during holiday.

I've stayed there for only one night. Very beautiful hostel with big rooms and kind staff. And I really liked the healthy breakfast! Negative points: Ice cold lobby (everyone was sitting with an pullover and/or scarf) and very unfriendly staff at the bar (made me go right after I finished my meal, because I sat alone at a bigger table).

• 2nd Oct 2015

One of the cleaning ladies was a little rude. There was so much noise being made it woke me up and she left the door wide open when she wasn't even inside our room. It was just annoying but overall the rest of the staff was awesome and very knowledgeable. I would definitely stay again.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Georgia

I loved my stay here, it's a great chilled atmosphere, the beach is just 2 mins away and the restaurant next door is delicious however you are very far away from south south Beach where all the restaurants, bars and shops are so you will need to take a 30-40min walk to them or take a taxi or bike.

• 1st Oct 2015

Stayed for four nights in a private double room, it felt like luxury compared to other hostels. The room was spacious m, clean and very comfortable. The pool was a big bonus. Excellent value for money. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly throughout our stay and the food was delicious. Overall we really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Not a great towel system - towels are picked up from rooms without any plan and washed even if not needed. I was in situation when my towel was picked up (even though clean) from room and then there were no more towels, so I did not have a spare one and I could not take shower. Luckily I got a very small towel. Not sustainable - the hostel uses every day a lot of unsustainable materials that cannot be recycled for breakfast. The paper-cup make the coffee not that nice also - waste!!!!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Macedonia

Very nice experience overall: good bed condition, clean restroom, and each bed with a power charging station. The only caveat that I have to share was that every September to October, it seems to be due to global warming and lower base, that it flooded during the night. So entering might wet your shoes.

I like very much this hostel for swimming pool, free breakfast, location near beach and beautiful sandlot.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Poland

If you are looking for a budget hotel this may be the perfect place - lovely pool, leafy outside lounge, bar, restaurant, large lobby, good wifi and great breakfast. However it is NOT a good option if you are a solo backpacker on a limited budget looking for a hostel atmosphere. The kitchen has no equipment and is closed at 10 pm - as is the small patio area outside which is the ONLY place where you allowed to consume your own food/alcohol. Staff are rude to the point of aggression at times.

The room we stayed in was not cleaned for days, there was a lot of sand on the floor and the other beds were not even made after guests checked out. This hostel is not social at all, cause there is no social area, no game room or similar. it is more like a hotel and people were not open minded. We switched to another hostel and it was much better.

I had 1200 dollars and my credit card stolen. When I got in the hostel, they were not selling padlocks. As I didn't have one, I decided to leave my things in the room, just as I did in other hostels a dozen of times. Unfortunately someone got my wallet and all my money. What was supposed to be a nice holiday has become the worst stay in my life. the staff was nice but didn't seem to be much worried. Basically, they said that they could do nothing and it was all my fault.