Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

We had a guy in the room who did not take showers y would turn off air not understandibg he was in South Florida!!! He also left his stuff and sand all over the room!! He was the only unpleasant part of my stay!!! Good value for the money!!!

I spent 2 nights at the Freehand on my way home from travelling in Costa Rica. It is a lovely hostel in a great part of town. But if you're in one of the downstairs dorms it's not quiet Despite being told when I checked-in that everyone must be quiet after 10pm, that's not the case. It's a real shame as it did mar my stay there. The staff though were great - really helpful and friendly and the place itself is great.

My fiance and I had a great time at the hostel. We did have an issue with another guest staying in our shared room that the staff handled very well. The managr was very supportive and we appreciated that.

Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in so far!

You cannot find a better place for you money in South Beach... no chance. This is a hostel-style hotel that is huge with beautiful, stylish and comfortable amenities including a massive outdoor common area with a sweet swimming pool. There is a superb mixologist bar that has some unbelievable cocktails in addition to serving delicious food. Great place to meet other travellers and locals who come to the bar at night. Would DEFINITELY stay there again, so much value for money. Thank you!!

The outdoor patio is fantastic!...until you are kicked out past sunset for the downstairs bar to open. I'm paying to stay in the dorms, but they want to force me to pay for an overpriced cocktail to sit by the pool? I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, clean facilities and helpful staff.

Very clean and comfortable beds. I liked that every bed had its own lamp and power outlets. The staff was very helpful. I arrived early and the room was not quite ready, but the clerk offered to hold my luggage in the meantime. When asked if there were any nearby places to eat, he was more than helpful in providing several options, of which, I chose the Spanish cafe just down the street (I highly recommend it!). The location felt safe; two blocks from beach, but a decent walk to main areas.

Great big city Hostel! The community feeling for the travellers are not so high, but quality of facilities, wibes with the local crowd are excellent. Keep up the good work. Staff could be a little more social (compared with other Hostels). Keep up the good work!

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

A very nice hostel. I liked most how clean it was. The location was also good as it was only a few blocks from the beach and there was a market right down the street if you didn't want to eat at a restaurant. If you want to get to the other miami beach attractions however you will have to take a short cab or bus (its about a 40 min walk to south beach). I would definitely stay here again.

My boyfriend and I stayed her for a quick trip but it was perfect. We stayed in a private room with private bath. Probably the nicest room I've stayed in at a hostel. The entire place was so charming, candles lit at night, great breakfast, cool bar, a courtyard you'd like to take with you. And it was nothing to walk to the beach. If your going out and planning to wear heels your taking a cab to and from the bars but I didn't think it was bad to walk one way and cab it back. Awesome

Good wifi, maybe breakfast could be different some mornings. Would have been good to have a toaster too.

• 26th Dec 2013

Very spacious, great atmosphere. Really great place for relaxing with friends, but not so much for meeting new people. There aren't many activities that are planned by the hostel.

Very nice hostel, highly recommended.

Great blend of all things. There is a bar downstairs for those looking for the party scene, but rooms are quiet and sleep friendly. Walking distance of South Beach, within two blocks of the ocean, less than a block from major bus station. I'd stay here again. Beds are solid with lockers and individual bathrooms.

The staff made a mistake and put us in a female dorm, we didn't know that and went to the room normally, next morning he just knocks on the door yelling at us like if was our fault and screams the we have to leave the room immediately, we book the room together but after that we have to split. It was a very compelling situation, and we have no idea what was going on.

Is a very good place to meet diferent people from all world.

As far as hostels go this is up there in my top five. The staff are very helpful and friendly, it's clean, the facilities are great, the beds are super comfy. I loved the size of the outdoor area with the pool. It isn't right in the middle of everything but I quite like that. The area itself is relatively quiet and the walk along the beach to downtown makes the slightly further afield location worth it. The bar is a tad expensive especially for a hostel but I'd definitely come back.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our property. Come back soon! -Management Team

The people who works there is really great

It was a great staying at freehand in Miami.The bar was so nice.There were random free ivent to join every customer and also local people.They are friendly to be able to enjoy staying there. 思っていたよりキレイで、セキュリティーも安心でした。部屋にロッカーがあるので、南京錠を持参して行ってください。場所がサウスビーチやオーシャンドライブなどの繁華街から離れているのが難点ですが、歩いて30分位、タクシーで10分位です。海までは、3分程度で近くのローカルレストランに入れば安く食事が出来ますよ。ホステルにあるBARは、雰囲気も良くてお勧めです。

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Japan

Miami is Miami, and I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone during anytime of the year. They organized different events while I was there in November, so the party came to them. The prices are very affordable and the facilities and staff are really great and very helpful. It has a nice open waiting/relaxing area, hipster style and vibe to it. Nice outdoor bar, outdoor pool. The beds were comfortable. Cons? Idk, Just a 5 minute drive to Ocean drive but 5 minutes won't kill you.