Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

I knew some hostels in Miami and Free Hands was the best. Nice place, pool, bar, and clean bathroom. It was not perfect becouse I left my lugagge at storage in front desk office, got my ticket, and when I was pick it up, there was no lugage. The hostel say that they are not resposbible for that, even I had my ticket number and my Id tag. I had to buy another lugagge, my expenses. But I had no problems with safe inside the room, respectful travellers and nice place to know people.

• 18th Aug 2013

A really lively place, I got there at a busy time so had to wait around for ages. Do'nt think it was the staffs fault though. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and clean bathroom, lockers, chairs and tables in the room. I didn't explore Miami as much as I could but a bus to the main downtown took about 10/15 mins so not that bad on location. I would recommend staying here.Staff were helpful and there was a free breakfast.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our property - we hope to see you again!

The hostel is very insecure. On the day I arrived in the hostel a thief broke into my dorm, broke up the lockers and stole all valuables and passports. No wonder since it is possible to open the door to the dorm just with a kitchen knife. As an apology the manager offered us a free drink at the hostel bar. Besides the security issue the hostel is very nice and clean. If they can fix these problems in the future it is a good place to stay.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are very sorry for what happened during your stay - security is a large concern and we have since resolved this issue with the doors. To our knowledge, everyone affected has been compensated for the cost of their stay. Again, thanks for the feedback.

This is a really cool hostel in a really cool location! I stayed in private room while I was there because I'd been in South America staying in dorms for a few months and wanted to treat myself, but I got a look at the dorms and they were very impressive! The bar is cool, and the staff were helpful.

• 13th Aug 2013

Everything was wonderful, the room, the location, the price, the ambience, the people....until the last day when I discovered bed bugs in my sheets, which left me with a rather sour taste in my mouth. Otherwise terrific hostel but the bed bugs issue needs to be addressed.

Hello, and thank you for your response! We're glad you had a good stay, and are sorry to hear that you found bed bugs on your last day. We have checked your room and did not find any trace of bed bugs, however we will continue our routine checks to ensure that the rooms stay clean. Please let us know if you would like to come back for a complimentary night stay! Thanks again! Freehand Management Team

I really enjoyed my stay at the Freehand. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the pool area well looked after. :)

The hostel is clean and organized, it has a very cool bar, but I imagine if my room faced it I wouldn't be able to sleep before 2am... people from MIA, not only guests of the hostel go to there. The breakfast is very poor with 2 or 3 kinds of "sweet breads", coffee and orange juice, not enough considering the price and the level of the hostel (the most expensive in miami beach !). The hostel is not close to restaurants or anything, to get anything you would have to walk more o less 10 blocks !

Just wow. Thank you for your warm welcome, although i messed up with my reservation and was in a really bad mood after my delayed flight. The rooms are amazing and I easily could have stayed there much longer. The patio and the pool are breathtaking, especially at night. I'll come back one day, promise!

Hi there, Thanks for the review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Come back soon! -Management Team

Beautiful hostel in a great location. Just 15 mins walk from down town Miami Beach, Miami Beach and well connected by buses to the city, South Beach etc. The facilities were top notch, almost hotel standard! Great pool, piano and breakfast. If you are looking to meet people however this is not the place! Most people are in large groups making it almost impossible to mix if you are a solo traveler like myself. A lot of the people staying there were also very young (15-18 yo).

Everything about my stay here was great - comfortable bed, ensuite bathroom even for rooms with 8 people, everything very clean, great ambience (the lobby, the bar, the pool area!) and also very helpful and friendly staff, both from the hostel and the bar. Will definitely recommend and return when I visit Miami again!

Excellent atmosphere and location close to a calm part of the beach, which is two blocks from the hostel, nice pool and spacious and comfortable 8-bed dorm. The problems are: no laundry, no kitchen (it seems that there will be one soon), no fridge and the worst: because of the bar, open to no-guests, you can't bring outside food/drinks and enjoy the nice garden and lighting, and you have to resort to the freezing lobby to have your meal. That's really unfriendly, once you're at a hostel.

It's a hostel as it's supposed to be: with lots of activities, a wonderfut atmosphere and professional staff! Congratulations!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Freehand Miami. I will definitely recommend the place to others. Thanks for making my stay in Miami awesome :)

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

The hostel is great, not right in the centre of Miami beach but not far at all. The rooms are great and beds are so comfy! The only downside was there was no kitchen, but they are building one.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review us. The kitchen is almost open - come back soon to try it out!

Very nice hostel. Just a bit far from the main attraction even though buses come by.

Everything is fine except one of the staff gave me wrong information about how to get to Downtown Miami, or maybe I misunderstood. Anyways, I enjoy the stay. Plus, the location is not bad and it can be reached there by bus from airport. Moreover, you can also take bus nearby. The room is neat and clean. The breakfast is simple but good. For this kind of price, no one can expect much more.

The rooms are really nice and clean!! Bus stop is across the street and the beach is around the corner. I would book this hostel again!

The best hostel I ever been

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Israel

I have to say that I wasn´t so happy about the hostel. They don´t have an elevator, so I had to carry my two suitcases to the third floor. As well I couldn't store one of my luggage in a separated room like they said on the website. There was no fried where we could store our food or drinks neither. But I was happy about the bathroom, with every room had. I liked the little backyard witch turns to a bar at night. And it was very easy to get to the hostel.

Just perfect, it's better than hotels