Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

This is a really great hostel. The rooms and beds are great and comfortable. The showers are pretty good. The pool and bar area is wonderful. The staff is really nice and friendly but everything is very slow. It took over 30 minutes to check in and anytime you needed to ask for something it took a long time.

Absolutely one of the best stays in a hostel I have ever experienced! Staff are great, the hostel is clean, there is free breakfast, the pool is nice and has lots of deck chairs, there is an amazing bar and restaurant attached that even locals come to. The atmosphere is amazing, the music, the people, and there is always something to do! The night life is so good at the hostel that 2 of my 4 nights I stayed at the hostel bar! Only downfall is it's a little ways from the action of south beach

Hostel / restaurant / bar combi. In the weekends there is a great atmosphere here, with locals coming from Miami and international hostelers. The bar and swimming area is cool, and the rooms are neat aswell. I stayed here dor three days and can really recommend a stay here.

The hostel was very nice, but not very social. There was a bar on site, but it was always packed and full of people who don't stay at the hostel. I found it very clean and the location is average (40 minute walk from south beach). The people at the desk are sometimes nice (depends on who you get). Breakfast is average. If I came back to Miami I probably wouldn't stay here.

I enjoyed the stay very much and I can totally recommend this hostel! The only disadvantage was, that the oven in the kitchen didn't work while I was there. But I'm sure, they'll fix it soon!

• 15th Apr 2014

The new guest house was very nice except the placing of the toilets wasn't very well thought out....little room to actually sit in the direction pointed as even at 5"4' my knees were almost touching the wall. As well, there should be a full length mirror placed somewhere in the room.The guest robes were a very nice touch and the bed and the pillows were very soft. Most of the front desk staff was nice but the girl that checked us in (Asian girl) she wasn't very friendly needs CSR training.

Thanks very much, it was a very pleasant stay. Best hostel in Miami

• 2nd Apr 2014

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review us - come back soon! -Management Team

Great hostel! Awesome atmosphere! Cool bar!

• 1st Apr 2014

Hi, Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at the Freehand! -Management Team

Stupidly expensive near weekend - US$185+taxes for a night. Hostelworld does not include the hidden fees (ended up paying over $50 more at checkin than was actually quoted) Clientele is mostly from the US, and for some reason seems to be much older than most hostels i've been in (lots of people 40+) Rooms were good Remember to bring a big lock for the lockers Close to a local food store, but no decent supermarket around Facilities clean and well-maintained Pastries and fruit for breakfast

Great Place to stay!

• 24th Mar 2014

I LOVED this hostel! I stayed in a Female-only quad and the room was very spacious, clean, and had a private bathroom. The hostel was also conveniently located right off of Collins Ave between North and South Beach. It is slightly pricey but definitely worth it, although it is much cheaper the farther in advance you book. Also, their bar/restaurant, The Broken Shaker, is known as one of the trendiest bars in Miami Beach, and I loved the atmosphere. Highly recommended!!

• 11th Mar 2014

I thought the hostel and the staff were perfect. My only comment would be that perhaps they could put 2 staff members on the front desk from breakfast time till maybe 10pm. There is always a big line, which is not where you want to spend your time in Miami. Apart from that, loved it and would definitely stay there again!

Hi there, Thanks for the feedback - we value your opinion. Hope to see you again soon! -Management Team

The employees were unfriendly, not motivated and unhelpful! We had to tell them 4 times to change our soapbox and clean the dead cockroach! Too much money for no service, never ever again!

My first taste of hostel life -- now my expectations will be high for future ones! The pool / bar in the courtyard was the happening place to be and attracts many locals. My visit coincided with Spring Break, so there were a lot of American College Students. However, there was a good mix of international young adults. There are not a lot of clubs or items of the like in this part of Miami Beach, easy to get to though. The yoga on the beach was a lovely addition. The beds were very comfortable.

Close to the beach, clean and comfortable, friendly staff

Nicest hostel on South Beach. Great atmosphere out in the bar. Amazing breakfast. Only negatives were the bar was pricey and the place was a ways from the action.

Felt a cool wind when dealing with staff both on phone & in person. Recommend more detail about catching the Airport Flyer - add to go to car rental area . .

• 17th Feb 2014

Hotels room are different from many pictures published in news papers. Hopefully, the magazines have not shown some bathrooms pictures as they are more than old school ! When rooms are over the bar, noise is quite important and late in the evening, so bring your ear plugs.

We had a guy in the room who did not take showers y would turn off air not understandibg he was in South Florida!!! He also left his stuff and sand all over the room!! He was the only unpleasant part of my stay!!! Good value for the money!!!

I spent 2 nights at the Freehand on my way home from travelling in Costa Rica. It is a lovely hostel in a great part of town. But if you're in one of the downstairs dorms it's not quiet Despite being told when I checked-in that everyone must be quiet after 10pm, that's not the case. It's a real shame as it did mar my stay there. The staff though were great - really helpful and friendly and the place itself is great.