Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

A very quite and lovley place Awesome dorms rooms so big! Also the pool is awesome If you are looking for peace and quite I recommend this hostel

Had a fantastic time here

• 4th Jul 2013

This was a fantastic hostel! The people were very nice and it wasn't too loud. Everything was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the parking situation was horrendous. They need to invest in more parking because we literally had to wait twenty minutes one day, circling the parking lot out back until someone left.

• 27th Jun 2013

It is such a wonderful hostel! Everything is perfect here. Highly recommend!

except it is slightly far away from the beach...i think everything is great~

Great hostel! It felt more like a European hotel. I did however relocate to another due to the location

I read all the reviews about this hostel so I went for it. But guess what?.. I surpassed all my expectations! The building itself is really amazing, with spacious rooms with AC and all. Hygiene was a+ as well as the change of towels and bed sheets. I've never seen a hostel THAT clean.

• 19th Jun 2013

I stayed in the 8-bed female dorm. The room was a little cramped, but it was manageable! I loved the extra touch of curtains separating the beds, which gave some privacy. The decor is cozy, and the lobby smells great all the time (how?!). The pool area turns into a bar at night, but I had no trouble sleeping without earplugs. It's located near Middle Beach, but SoBe is a $2 bus ride away. We rented bikes from the hostel, but they were poorly-serviced so you might want to rent from someplace else

• 17th Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

Beautiful location - just 2 minutes away from the beach and close to center of South Beach

Nice hostel, nice building, loved their pool, breakfast with fruit. Had a great time ... you will 2

Great Hostel! I really enjoyed staying there. The backyard is great, the rooms are very clean with plugs/lights in every bed and with big lockers. I would definitely come back there. Don´t miss it!

Coolest Hostel i'd ever stay

• 14th Jun 2013

Highly recommended. They got everything a hostel could offer.

• 10th Jun 2013

Just like a hotel, but with dorm rooms. Very clean, which is the most important factor to us. Would definitely stay again.

In June 2013, I stayed 2 nights & 3 days in an 8-bed mixed dorm at the Freehand. I've stayed in hostels throughout the United States, France, Belgium, Germany, & Egypt, & the Freehand has the best hosteling experience for international travelers. The photos of the rooms & facilities that are provided are an accurate reflection of what you will find. The room & bathroom are clean (no bugs or other critters), there are lockers in the room (bring your own lock), a pool & patio outside, & free wifi.

I had a great stay! Close to everything and the room was very nice!!

• 7th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Good hostel. Pretty chilled atmosphere. It's the first time I've been in Miami and I can't imagine there are any other hostels around where you can get a decent nights sleep. That being said it doesn't mean it's quiet, it's just I imagine that it's quieter then others. Lockers in the rooms can hold a large backpack but you'll have to provide a lock. Overall I was very happy staying here. It is a bit out of the way but renting a bike solves this problem.

The rooms are fantastic. Very clean. Dimmers on the lights so you don't wake up other people late at night. You have your own alcove. Very big. Looks like a converted hotel. Great place to stay. Highly recommended.

l am in my fifties; went w/my cousin & 30 yr old son & dtr for wedding. We all found the Freehand amazingly refreshing & fun. From the eclectic, warmly decorated lounge to the tropical & visually pleasing courtyard , the many languages spoken, friendly faces, to the spartan rooms, this place is a gem. The atmosphere & vibe are unique.The price is great. Wish you would arrange for better space use, such as four large lockers, hanging bars in the storage area & better plumbing. We loved it!

• 6th Jun 2013

Nice staff, they keep 2 pacakages i bought by amazon, and was a very good favor to me.