Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

One of the best places I've ever stayed!!! Thanks freehand can't wait to come back!

When I arrived I waited 45 min to giving me the room because the receptionist had forgotten me. The hostel is very cool, it is located in a good position to the beach and Collins Av. There is a bike rent service not expensive and a simple good breakfast. I don't like that there aren't any free maps and a free guide to Miami like other hostel give you usually. The room are confortable (I was an 4 shared rooms) but the windows were closed as in a prison.In 4 days I have never see the cleaner.

• 21st Sep 2013

Before booking my room for my 17-hr layover I called to make sure that there would be a bunk available despite my 7am arrival, considering their check-in time is 3pm. My flight landed at 5am and I got to Freehand (super easily accessible from the airport!) at 6am. I had to talk to the concierge and give him the I-was-told-by-someone-from-here speech to get a bed, but other than that, very clean place, the most comfortable bed and pillow I've ever slept on in a hostel!

Hi there, Thanks for the review - we're glad you enjoyed your short time here at the Freehand! Come back soon!

quite nice. people great.

• 15th Sep 2013

This place is great! Friendly and funky, right near the beach and bus stops to take you to south beach. Everything is fresh and clean, loved it.

We lived on 4 different hostels in Miami beach and this was absolutely the best. Very nice rooms with good beds and toilets! The staff was always nice and helpfull.

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

The best hostel that i stayed in US. The rooms and bedrooms are very clean, the breakfast was good, beds very comfortables. Bar/pool area and facilities too. Only the check in could be earlier. i will come back as soon as possible. Great hostel!

A wonderful place to stay!

great hostel, i loved the design, the locatin and the activities it offered. the best i have ever seen. looking forward to my next stay!

Hi, Thanks for the review - we're glad you enjoyed your time at the Freehand! We hope to see you again soon!

When we came at 3PM at check in time room was still not ready. We were waiting and waiting and waiting for the room until housekeeping was done at 4:30PM. Wasted an hour and a half. Rooms are very nice, quite clean (still don't know what took housekeeping so much time), atmosphere is very friendly, breakfast delicious and design of the hostel and outdoors is awesome.

overall good place, beds are a touch small for taller people, only stayed for one night, general vibe felt good, a little way away from the main strip of south beach but only $2 bus ride, buses can be a little unpredictable though, clean place, staff were ok, breakfast is a bit limited and really unhealthy

An excellent place to stay. A wonderful value for the money. My only problem with them is they didnt put all of the great things that come with staying there. They have a very nice very clean pool. A nice restaurant and two bars!! Rooms are very neat, bathrooms are clean with nice fixtures. Bed are cozy and even have power outlets right near you to charge your cellphones! Very safe top notch facility. Also had plenty of parking with meters and a conveint bus stop about 100 ft away. Stay here!

Everything was fine, just the only problem, there is no parking possibility.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

It was a luxury staying in freehand, it was the best hostel experience ever. The neat was the check in staff (the purple hair one), she's so nice and helpful, and acts like a good friend. Breakfast is amazing, room is clean, well furnished, safe, great facilities. The only criticism is that the elevator isn't working at the moment, and I hope it will resume service soon.

Hi, Thanks for the review! We're working on getting the elevator back into production as soon as possible. Come back soon!

I knew some hostels in Miami and Free Hands was the best. Nice place, pool, bar, and clean bathroom. It was not perfect becouse I left my lugagge at storage in front desk office, got my ticket, and when I was pick it up, there was no lugage. The hostel say that they are not resposbible for that, even I had my ticket number and my Id tag. I had to buy another lugagge, my expenses. But I had no problems with safe inside the room, respectful travellers and nice place to know people.

• 18th Aug 2013

A really lively place, I got there at a busy time so had to wait around for ages. Do'nt think it was the staffs fault though. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and clean bathroom, lockers, chairs and tables in the room. I didn't explore Miami as much as I could but a bus to the main downtown took about 10/15 mins so not that bad on location. I would recommend staying here.Staff were helpful and there was a free breakfast.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our property - we hope to see you again!

The hostel is very insecure. On the day I arrived in the hostel a thief broke into my dorm, broke up the lockers and stole all valuables and passports. No wonder since it is possible to open the door to the dorm just with a kitchen knife. As an apology the manager offered us a free drink at the hostel bar. Besides the security issue the hostel is very nice and clean. If they can fix these problems in the future it is a good place to stay.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are very sorry for what happened during your stay - security is a large concern and we have since resolved this issue with the doors. To our knowledge, everyone affected has been compensated for the cost of their stay. Again, thanks for the feedback.

This is a really cool hostel in a really cool location! I stayed in private room while I was there because I'd been in South America staying in dorms for a few months and wanted to treat myself, but I got a look at the dorms and they were very impressive! The bar is cool, and the staff were helpful.

• 13th Aug 2013

Everything was wonderful, the room, the location, the price, the ambience, the people....until the last day when I discovered bed bugs in my sheets, which left me with a rather sour taste in my mouth. Otherwise terrific hostel but the bed bugs issue needs to be addressed.

Hello, and thank you for your response! We're glad you had a good stay, and are sorry to hear that you found bed bugs on your last day. We have checked your room and did not find any trace of bed bugs, however we will continue our routine checks to ensure that the rooms stay clean. Please let us know if you would like to come back for a complimentary night stay! Thanks again! Freehand Management Team

I really enjoyed my stay at the Freehand. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the pool area well looked after. :)