Freehand Miami Hostel and Hotel Reviews

2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami, USA

My first taste of hostel life -- now my expectations will be high for future ones! The pool / bar in the courtyard was the happening place to be and attracts many locals. My visit coincided with Spring Break, so there were a lot of American College Students. However, there was a good mix of international young adults. There are not a lot of clubs or items of the like in this part of Miami Beach, easy to get to though. The yoga on the beach was a lovely addition. The beds were very comfortable.

Close to the beach, clean and comfortable, friendly staff

Nicest hostel on South Beach. Great atmosphere out in the bar. Amazing breakfast. Only negatives were the bar was pricey and the place was a ways from the action.

Felt a cool wind when dealing with staff both on phone & in person. Recommend more detail about catching the Airport Flyer - add to go to car rental area . .

• 17th Feb 2014

Hotels room are different from many pictures published in news papers. Hopefully, the magazines have not shown some bathrooms pictures as they are more than old school ! When rooms are over the bar, noise is quite important and late in the evening, so bring your ear plugs.

We had a guy in the room who did not take showers y would turn off air not understandibg he was in South Florida!!! He also left his stuff and sand all over the room!! He was the only unpleasant part of my stay!!! Good value for the money!!!

I spent 2 nights at the Freehand on my way home from travelling in Costa Rica. It is a lovely hostel in a great part of town. But if you're in one of the downstairs dorms it's not quiet Despite being told when I checked-in that everyone must be quiet after 10pm, that's not the case. It's a real shame as it did mar my stay there. The staff though were great - really helpful and friendly and the place itself is great.

My fiance and I had a great time at the hostel. We did have an issue with another guest staying in our shared room that the staff handled very well. The managr was very supportive and we appreciated that.

Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in so far!

You cannot find a better place for you money in South Beach... no chance. This is a hostel-style hotel that is huge with beautiful, stylish and comfortable amenities including a massive outdoor common area with a sweet swimming pool. There is a superb mixologist bar that has some unbelievable cocktails in addition to serving delicious food. Great place to meet other travellers and locals who come to the bar at night. Would DEFINITELY stay there again, so much value for money. Thank you!!

The outdoor patio is fantastic!...until you are kicked out past sunset for the downstairs bar to open. I'm paying to stay in the dorms, but they want to force me to pay for an overpriced cocktail to sit by the pool? I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, clean facilities and helpful staff.

Very clean and comfortable beds. I liked that every bed had its own lamp and power outlets. The staff was very helpful. I arrived early and the room was not quite ready, but the clerk offered to hold my luggage in the meantime. When asked if there were any nearby places to eat, he was more than helpful in providing several options, of which, I chose the Spanish cafe just down the street (I highly recommend it!). The location felt safe; two blocks from beach, but a decent walk to main areas.

Great big city Hostel! The community feeling for the travellers are not so high, but quality of facilities, wibes with the local crowd are excellent. Keep up the good work. Staff could be a little more social (compared with other Hostels). Keep up the good work!

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

A very nice hostel. I liked most how clean it was. The location was also good as it was only a few blocks from the beach and there was a market right down the street if you didn't want to eat at a restaurant. If you want to get to the other miami beach attractions however you will have to take a short cab or bus (its about a 40 min walk to south beach). I would definitely stay here again.

My boyfriend and I stayed her for a quick trip but it was perfect. We stayed in a private room with private bath. Probably the nicest room I've stayed in at a hostel. The entire place was so charming, candles lit at night, great breakfast, cool bar, a courtyard you'd like to take with you. And it was nothing to walk to the beach. If your going out and planning to wear heels your taking a cab to and from the bars but I didn't think it was bad to walk one way and cab it back. Awesome

Good wifi, maybe breakfast could be different some mornings. Would have been good to have a toaster too.

• 26th Dec 2013

Very spacious, great atmosphere. Really great place for relaxing with friends, but not so much for meeting new people. There aren't many activities that are planned by the hostel.

Very nice hostel, highly recommended.

Great blend of all things. There is a bar downstairs for those looking for the party scene, but rooms are quiet and sleep friendly. Walking distance of South Beach, within two blocks of the ocean, less than a block from major bus station. I'd stay here again. Beds are solid with lockers and individual bathrooms.

The staff made a mistake and put us in a female dorm, we didn't know that and went to the room normally, next morning he just knocks on the door yelling at us like if was our fault and screams the we have to leave the room immediately, we book the room together but after that we have to split. It was a very compelling situation, and we have no idea what was going on.