Freehand Miami

8.7
Fabulous 1111 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and want to go back already. It's more like a hotel than a hostel just out of south beach but still in walking distance to everything. Really chilled environment and the staff are very helpful.

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
16th Jun 2017

This is a very charming hostel. The waiting area has a nice vibe, a place to get coffee, and the staff is wonderful. It is an older building, and the bathroom door in our room had difficulty closing all the way without slamming it shut. The room itself was bright and had a/c. There are big lockers that fit carry on luggage, with room to the side for large suitcases. Would 100% stay here again. Bring earplugs tho as it can be loud at night because of the bar out back.

• kirilvelkov5689
  • Bulgaria, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

You gave me different price than the one I paid on the front desk...

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Very nice hostel. Great location and friendly staff. Only a few problems with the bathroom (clogged bath and leaky toilet) but staff tried to get it fixed asap.

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
27th May 2017

I was a great time in hostel, close to the beach, I really want to come back there

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th May 2017
8.0

DISCLAIMER:To start off if clealiness is a factor for you DO NOT stay at this hostel. My sister and I got very sick because the mold and mildow was very prominent in our room. We had top bunk beds which made the problem worse. The bathrooms like other reviews have said could use an upgrade but were tolerable compared to the room. Other than that everything was great. Location is amazing. We were two blocks from the beach. The restaurant and bar along with seating area was gorgeous.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
25th May 2017
7.7

Thumbs-up: - The Atmosphere is great, especially at night. - It's very close to Miami Beach and the staff were cool and preservative. Thumbs-down - There are few options to eat nearby. - The local bar is expensive and the attenders were a bit unpleasant for me. - There are no signs of no-smoke. In my room, the others were smokers, and they did just in front of the room, the smell was terrible and I had a bad time trying to sleep.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017

Great hostel, vibe around the pool and the bar was perfect, very chilled out. Would highly recommend this hostel

• England, Female, 25-30
13th May 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Freehand Miami. The vibe there is so chilled out, unlike some of the other party hostels in the area. Its very clean with great facilities and a block away from Miami Beach. The staff there are also very helpful. I will be staying there again.

11th May 2017

This is a very up and coming trendy place. It is fun however, it is important to be aware that many people who are not staying at the hostel come only for the bar at the hostel. They wait in line for long periods of time to get in and there is very limited seating. This limits hostel stayers ability to enjoy the facilities. It also became frustrating having to show security my card each time I needed to go to my room to ensure I wasnt just trying to cut the bar line.