Freehand Miami

Fabulous 1125 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2017
4.9

This place was dirrrty! And expensive. And way out of town!

6th Jul 2017
6.0

I wanted to like the hostel. Great patio, bar and ambiance. I stayed two nights and the first night the room I was in was unbearably hot all night. I couldn't sleep. Asked for a room switch which was better on the room front but I got covered in big bites. Appeared to be flea bites. Total damper on my trip. Bathrooms were generally unclean, shower drain backed up and THERE WAS NO HAND SOAP IN EITHER ROOM. That's just gross. If hand soap isn't a basic necessity then what is?

27th Jun 2017
6.6

Seems to be a popular spot for people not sleeping here. If you want to bring food and eat it- you have to go in the back for a reserved area for people staying there. It was nice though to have 2 private bathrooms within my 8-bed room. Big storage locker too. I paid $10 per day to park my rental and ended up getting a parking ticket for backing up into a space. Stupid. Overall it was alright.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and want to go back already. It's more like a hotel than a hostel just out of south beach but still in walking distance to everything. Really chilled environment and the staff are very helpful.

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
16th Jun 2017

This is a very charming hostel. The waiting area has a nice vibe, a place to get coffee, and the staff is wonderful. It is an older building, and the bathroom door in our room had difficulty closing all the way without slamming it shut. The room itself was bright and had a/c. There are big lockers that fit carry on luggage, with room to the side for large suitcases. Would 100% stay here again. Bring earplugs tho as it can be loud at night because of the bar out back.

• kirilvelkov5689
  • Bulgaria, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

You gave me different price than the one I paid on the front desk...

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Very nice hostel. Great location and friendly staff. Only a few problems with the bathroom (clogged bath and leaky toilet) but staff tried to get it fixed asap.

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
27th May 2017

I was a great time in hostel, close to the beach, I really want to come back there

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th May 2017
8.0

DISCLAIMER:To start off if clealiness is a factor for you DO NOT stay at this hostel. My sister and I got very sick because the mold and mildow was very prominent in our room. We had top bunk beds which made the problem worse. The bathrooms like other reviews have said could use an upgrade but were tolerable compared to the room. Other than that everything was great. Location is amazing. We were two blocks from the beach. The restaurant and bar along with seating area was gorgeous.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
25th May 2017
7.7

Thumbs-up: - The Atmosphere is great, especially at night. - It's very close to Miami Beach and the staff were cool and preservative. Thumbs-down - There are few options to eat nearby. - The local bar is expensive and the attenders were a bit unpleasant for me. - There are no signs of no-smoke. In my room, the others were smokers, and they did just in front of the room, the smell was terrible and I had a bad time trying to sleep.