Freehand Miami

Fabulous 1147 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
20th Aug 2017
7.4

Then Hostel had a great atmosphere particularly with the bar & pool area and was in an ideal location very close to Miami Beach. Rooms were quite small and bathroom was cramped + very dated.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Aug 2017
4.0

Be careful when booking this place there are hidden fees all over. Our shower was broken for a day and a half no on said a single thing to us about it, a guy came in and just told us not use it. The room is simply not that clean or comfortable, but I'd say for 35ish(fees) dollars a night its about what you'd expect. Honestly the staff we're nowhere to be found. This was not the worst experience of my life but if you think you're looking for something clean and comfortable try somewhere else.

1st Aug 2017

I had a wonderful stay at the freehand in Miami, the staff were friendly, helpful and easy going. The dorms felt spacious, clean and homely. The pool has a great vibe, and the reasturant and bar by night are busy with people staying at and visiting the freehand. Would highly recommend !!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
31st Jul 2017

I was really mad that they charged us 140 instead of 117 as it was stated in the reservation. It was cleary stated we did not have to pay more than that in our hostel world booking and they said it was an issue with your website. Its only 23$us so about 30$can but I like to know what Im paying for and why Im paying for it! It wasnt the case. I can live with paying a little more but some other people can't. Please fix the problem with them or just put " they could be added fees at check-in!"

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2017

Hands down nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. Not the cheapest but for what you're getting it felt more like a hotel! Really good experience, friendly staff & just beautiful & lots of fun. Highly recommended! The food is just awesome!!

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2017
4.9

This place was dirrrty! And expensive. And way out of town!

6th Jul 2017
6.0

I wanted to like the hostel. Great patio, bar and ambiance. I stayed two nights and the first night the room I was in was unbearably hot all night. I couldn't sleep. Asked for a room switch which was better on the room front but I got covered in big bites. Appeared to be flea bites. Total damper on my trip. Bathrooms were generally unclean, shower drain backed up and THERE WAS NO HAND SOAP IN EITHER ROOM. That's just gross. If hand soap isn't a basic necessity then what is?

27th Jun 2017
6.6

Seems to be a popular spot for people not sleeping here. If you want to bring food and eat it- you have to go in the back for a reserved area for people staying there. It was nice though to have 2 private bathrooms within my 8-bed room. Big storage locker too. I paid $10 per day to park my rental and ended up getting a parking ticket for backing up into a space. Stupid. Overall it was alright.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Really enjoyed my stay and want to go back already. It's more like a hotel than a hostel just out of south beach but still in walking distance to everything. Really chilled environment and the staff are very helpful.

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
16th Jun 2017

This is a very charming hostel. The waiting area has a nice vibe, a place to get coffee, and the staff is wonderful. It is an older building, and the bathroom door in our room had difficulty closing all the way without slamming it shut. The room itself was bright and had a/c. There are big lockers that fit carry on luggage, with room to the side for large suitcases. Would 100% stay here again. Bring earplugs tho as it can be loud at night because of the bar out back.

×