Freemans lodge Reviews

65 Wellington street, Freemans bay,Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

I wouldn't stay there longer than two or three nights. There was an craftsman fixing the bathroom at nine in the morning. The location is okay. It's not far from the city center, but definitely not in the city center. I would prefer the yha in the city. The walls are an bit thin. I always slept with my ear plugs. The wifi has broken down about three times the day and kick me of (so if had to login again) at all about 30 times. The internet connection is a bit slow.

loud, unprofessional, not clean, house in desperate need of rapair

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was a 15minute walk from the centre of Auckland but on a plus side for some people it was in a quiet area. I found it strange that you had to take your shoes off immediately after coming through the door, which after a day of getting buses and planes wasn't the welcome I was expecting. The dorms were pleasant enough and they had laundry facilities. However the showers good do with a good clean, I had to cut mine short because it was blocked and the water wasn't draining.