Freemans lodge Reviews

65 Wellington street, Freemans bay,Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

This was an awesome hostel! I'd definitely come back if I'm in Auckland again. Great vibe and great people.

• 7th Aug 2015

This hostel wasn't bad but it also wasn't impressive. The staff were nice but the kitchen is small so I had to wait a long time to get access to the stove. The residents were all long-term so the atmosphere here was very quiet and boring.

There needs to be a second refrigerator. The only one available was extremely full.

I was disappointed with my stay here. After reading the info and previous reviews of other travellers I chose this because I was arriving in Auckland on my own and wanted advice and help on bookings such as cars but there was no way to get advice. The only staff was a receptionist and cleaner, who were certain lovely but not full of information. I found out I had paid a lot more than others in my room because I had booked on here snd there was no chance of a refund.

Lovely stay. I stayed for two nights. The night I arrived, the manager stayed late for my late checkin, very accommodating. Very homey feel, very clean and comfortable. Wifi is sometimes spotty throughout the building, but was solid when staying put. My shower was cold when Got it. It was late, but one of the live-ins told me a tropics that usually works to get hot water. Wonderful first hostel experience.

• 1st Jun 2015