Freemans lodge Reviews

65 Wellington street, Freemans bay,Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

I was disappointed with my stay here. After reading the info and previous reviews of other travellers I chose this because I was arriving in Auckland on my own and wanted advice and help on bookings such as cars but there was no way to get advice. The only staff was a receptionist and cleaner, who were certain lovely but not full of information. I found out I had paid a lot more than others in my room because I had booked on here snd there was no chance of a refund.

Lovely stay. I stayed for two nights. The night I arrived, the manager stayed late for my late checkin, very accommodating. Very homey feel, very clean and comfortable. Wifi is sometimes spotty throughout the building, but was solid when staying put. My shower was cold when Got it. It was late, but one of the live-ins told me a tropics that usually works to get hot water. Wonderful first hostel experience.

• 1st Jun 2015

Very neat, I can book again.