Freemans lodge Reviews

65 Wellington street, Freemans bay,Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

This was an awesome hostel! I'd definitely come back if I'm in Auckland again. Great vibe and great people.

• 7th Aug 2015

This hostel wasn't bad but it also wasn't impressive. The staff were nice but the kitchen is small so I had to wait a long time to get access to the stove. The residents were all long-term so the atmosphere here was very quiet and boring.

There needs to be a second refrigerator. The only one available was extremely full.

I was disappointed with my stay here. After reading the info and previous reviews of other travellers I chose this because I was arriving in Auckland on my own and wanted advice and help on bookings such as cars but there was no way to get advice. The only staff was a receptionist and cleaner, who were certain lovely but not full of information. I found out I had paid a lot more than others in my room because I had booked on here snd there was no chance of a refund.

Lovely stay. I stayed for two nights. The night I arrived, the manager stayed late for my late checkin, very accommodating. Very homey feel, very clean and comfortable. Wifi is sometimes spotty throughout the building, but was solid when staying put. My shower was cold when Got it. It was late, but one of the live-ins told me a tropics that usually works to get hot water. Wonderful first hostel experience.

• 1st Jun 2015

Very neat, I can book again.

I wouldn't stay there longer than two or three nights. There was an craftsman fixing the bathroom at nine in the morning. The location is okay. It's not far from the city center, but definitely not in the city center. I would prefer the yha in the city. The walls are an bit thin. I always slept with my ear plugs. The wifi has broken down about three times the day and kick me of (so if had to login again) at all about 30 times. The internet connection is a bit slow.

loud, unprofessional, not clean, house in desperate need of rapair

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was a 15minute walk from the centre of Auckland but on a plus side for some people it was in a quiet area. I found it strange that you had to take your shoes off immediately after coming through the door, which after a day of getting buses and planes wasn't the welcome I was expecting. The dorms were pleasant enough and they had laundry facilities. However the showers good do with a good clean, I had to cut mine short because it was blocked and the water wasn't draining.

The hostel was great, although there was no free wifi. Love the place though (:

• 20th May 2014
  • Singapore

The owner gave me a single for no extra charge when I arrived late at night

• 15th Apr 2014

Great staff and lovely atmosphere but bathrooms and toilets and showers in need of a thorough clean

• 18th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice and friendly, with good communal spaces which mean it's easy to socialise with others if you want.

• 28th Dec 2013

thought is was very different from what was displayed on your site was very dirty I did not stay and booked out and they kept my $60.00 which I paid not happy

• 14th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Good hostel with laid back atmosphere. A bit cramped in common areas like kitchen and living room. The house is quite old and shows but sleeping was good. About 10 min from CBD but requires climbing hills. The staff try their best and are easy to work with.

Good place to stay, a bit out of the center but still close enough that you can walk there. A plus for being quiet at night. Was a bit confused when we got there and there was no office and no one that seemed to work there. After a bit a girl showed up that turned out to work there though.

well equipped kitchen, clean bathrooms and the host is beyond lovely!

A very cozy hostel with extremely friendly staff. Great facilities and definitely one of the cleanest hostels I have ever seen. Would stay here again.

Enjoyable laundry facilities. Beds free optional extra.

We had a good stay in Freemans Lodge, our double room was great. The Wifi was fast and free ! The kitchen is too small when there is a lot of people but all the rest is ok. Nice backpacker !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7