Freemans lodge Reviews

65 Wellington street, Freemans bay,Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

The hostel was a 15minute walk from the centre of Auckland but on a plus side for some people it was in a quiet area. I found it strange that you had to take your shoes off immediately after coming through the door, which after a day of getting buses and planes wasn't the welcome I was expecting. The dorms were pleasant enough and they had laundry facilities. However the showers good do with a good clean, I had to cut mine short because it was blocked and the water wasn't draining.

The hostel was great, although there was no free wifi. Love the place though (:

• 20th May 2014
  • Singapore

The owner gave me a single for no extra charge when I arrived late at night

• 15th Apr 2014

Great staff and lovely atmosphere but bathrooms and toilets and showers in need of a thorough clean

• 18th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice and friendly, with good communal spaces which mean it's easy to socialise with others if you want.

• 28th Dec 2013

thought is was very different from what was displayed on your site was very dirty I did not stay and booked out and they kept my $60.00 which I paid not happy

• 14th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Good hostel with laid back atmosphere. A bit cramped in common areas like kitchen and living room. The house is quite old and shows but sleeping was good. About 10 min from CBD but requires climbing hills. The staff try their best and are easy to work with.

Good place to stay, a bit out of the center but still close enough that you can walk there. A plus for being quiet at night. Was a bit confused when we got there and there was no office and no one that seemed to work there. After a bit a girl showed up that turned out to work there though.

well equipped kitchen, clean bathrooms and the host is beyond lovely!

A very cozy hostel with extremely friendly staff. Great facilities and definitely one of the cleanest hostels I have ever seen. Would stay here again.

Enjoyable laundry facilities. Beds free optional extra.

We had a good stay in Freemans Lodge, our double room was great. The Wifi was fast and free ! The kitchen is too small when there is a lot of people but all the rest is ok. Nice backpacker !

I stayed here at the beginning of my stay and returned at the end because the staff, cleanliness and location of the hostel was so good. It's not a party hostel it's very homely and you get a good kitchen and free wifi. I'd recommend it! :)

• 24th Apr 2013

We had a fridge in our room which was really nice, the kitchen was great, but it is a little bit far away from the city centre and only one washing machine, the hostel staff was nice and helpfull!

Much nicer than the chain hostels, short walk out of the city. Free wifi and friendly staff (although they were not always easy to find).

I felt cheated for what I paid. Such a small messy broken room. Please renovate!!

Very Nice Owner. She was willing to help us with everything. Upgraded us to a private room because we came in really late and left us a welcome note and city map. Rooms were good. Only bad thing was the kitchen. Very small and a bit dirty.

The location was OK. There was a bus stop near the hostel. The owner was very friendly and helpful.

Great for kicking off NZ trip. Very friendly staff.

very nice place, very nice people, 10 points, come back soon, definitely