Fridays Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Silva, 06, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location, very nice and clean inside, and personally I loved not having windows in the room, perfect for sleeping after a big night. Although I was told to check out as they were supposedly full, so found another hostel, then went back to pick up my bag, and it turned out they did have space... Highly recommend though!

If you don't mind sleeping in a room without window, Fridays hostel is a good place to be. At the weekend it gets really really noisy, because a disco is next to the hostel! The district Lapa where the hostel is located isn't the safest place in Rio, so take care.

Very lively place to stay. All main attractions are easy to get to by bus or Metro. I used taxi's mainly and thought they were pretty reasonable. For instance to airport 50, to the man on the hill 20. I travelled alone so if 4 in car very cheap when split 4 ways. All staff very helpfull and took time to have a chat with you and give you lots of usefull information. Highlights where, man on hill, Cocacabanna and the great fun at the weekend by the arches. Everyone seems to come out to have fun.

air conditioned works very poorly. It can not be regulated and is too cold.

Gracias a Matias por toda su asistencia durante nuestra estancia. Saludos Matias.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Nice place to stay. It doesn't mean is the best in Rio, but it worth a fight. It is located between two metro station, which is pretty good.

It is an old motel. It means that there are no windows in any of the rooms available. I asked for a simple couple bedroom, and the bed was just too small to a couple. I had to change to a bigger room and pay the different. Maybe I could have found a better place to stay for the money. If you get the wrong room, you'll have a lot of noise from the neighbor nightclub. I had no problems with noise at all, because I got another room. Sheets not very neat though. At least it's cheap.

If you like to be in the middle of a lot of movement, this is a great place stay. The club next door is great but stays loud until late on weekends. I enjoyed it.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a very pleasant stay and I would look to stay there again if I am in Rio

Very conveniently located, but not the safest places at night, and can be very noisy with night club. Basic, but no major problems.

Night club next door played extremely loud music ALL NIGHT and fortunately we were exausted from travelling and therefore slept without much disturbance. However, had we not been exausted, sleeping would have proved impossible. You really do need to address this problem. Apart from this considerable issue everithing was as we would have wanted.

My double ensuite bedroom was good, however, the TV was not working and the Hostel did not fix it's problem, the receptionist told me that a towel will be given to me, but it's not. Yet, the place is cool and clean. Very good hostel to stay for a couple of days.

• 17th Mar 2013

buen hoste no pase mucho en el hoste pero bien

• 8th Mar 2013
  • Chile

my friends and i stood for almost 5 days at the hostel...the people who works there are very friendly and give us a lot information plus a free map that help us a lot to go everywhere without tour...its 5 minute to walk to the famous steps in Lapa and 2 mins from the Aquaduct which is where the street party happens every weekend...we really love to stay there and two of my friends Looking forward to stop by ... thanks for everything guys...:)

Noone spoke English in Hostel so not very nice place to meet english people, but having said that ideal location!!!! Only takes 1 minute to walk to the famous steps in Lapa and 2 mins from the Aquaduct which is where the street party happens every weekend, awesome party!!!! The hostel is next to a Club mainly Brazilian people in it and hear bass through walls from midnight to 7am but you dont want to be sleeping then anyway. Ideal weekend hostel with small but clean room, did the job!!

• 8th Mar 2013

Just 5 mins walk to 1 of 2 metro stations in either direction but surrounding area is rather seedy + unsafe after dark, so use Gloria station: streets are busier. DON´T EXPECT ANY SLEEP on a Thurs, Fri or Sat night (maybe even Sun) because a nightclub is next door. From midnight /1a.m. until at least 6a.m. your room WILL vibrate with noise. Other nights are very quiet. Not all rooms have lockers. 2 internet PCs but only 1 works.My hotel quilt (no cover) had 4 live insects crawling over it! Check

Never ever booked this hostel. They wrote an email to cancel my confirmed booking right before the carnival due to THEY made a mistake on the price. They told me that the price I got from the internet was the normal price which was absolutely not normal at all. Even though I wrote several emails to ask them not to do so and also argued with them that they had not right of doing so. They did not reply my emails but instead sent me another one after a week to tell me that my booking was canceled.

i got one double bed room and it had no window. other things were not bad though; and promotion like free drinks free enterance everyday´was not happened to me. free enterance for club is only friday and saturday. and its little bit loud at night because club is right next to hostel. exept those i enjoyed stayin in there.

• 27th Jan 2013

Very nice little place, staff very helpful and great value for money.

I arrived for one night as I had a connecting flight the next day to Manaus, so wanted to stay somewhere near the airport. I choose Friday{s hostel for this reason. The hostel is ok, nothing to make me want to return. One member of staff spoke English, though she was not available when I checked in. The room itself was quite basic. Finally I booked an airport transfer to take me to the airport the next day, but it never appeared so I had to take a taxi instead. Minor issues, but all count.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels