7.5
Very Good 221 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 221 Total Reviews
Friend House Hostel Located at Via Napoleone III 58, , Rome.
Italy
Rome Lazio 00185 Via Napoleone III 58
75% 221
41.8966114 12.5024955
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016
7.7

Wifi was good, rooms were nice. No lockers and no locks on the door so I didn't feel the security was great,however reception was right next to our room and there were a few locked doors to get past before getting in to the hostel so I never worried about my valuables. Location was good,10 minute walk to the centre! Bathroom and shower were clean and big. The kitchen didn't impress and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was ace!! Would stay here again :)

9th Aug 2016
3.1

To be fair, I didn't like italy at all. The heat and the people and the dirty city were the main reason, but the hostel didn't help. First of all, italy has a problem with fleas, so that extends to this hostel. Also, when it's 85 degrees farenheit in summer, u need to leave the window open and then the tram is so freaking loud. I won't be going back to Italy and if I ever have to, I'll save up to buy a modern hotel.

• Russia, Couple, 18-24
6th Aug 2016

We stayed at 6 mix dorm and there wasn't an ensuite in our room, but it was not a big problem, because we always could find the time,when it was free. The staff are friendly and the knows russian, it was great for us. He advise us wonderful small restaurant, where food is very tasty and not expensive. We didn't use a kitchen, because all the day we walked arond Roma and it's wonderful countrysides.

• Netherlands, All Male Group, 18-24
28th Jun 2016
7.4

Decent hostel, fair prices, friendly staff, good location and perfect if you only come for sightseeing in Rome but its not the place where you make new friends and drink at the bar in the hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

Perfect hostel for a quick night in Rome! Perfect location if necessary to stay between Termini and all major tourist points. Everything kept nice and clean and owner was so nice!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
6.3

I was only in Rome for one night and this was in a very good location for me. Easy access to the train and bus stations. Very friendly and accommodating staff also.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 31-40
22nd Jun 2016
3.7

This is one of the fraud hostels I had ever encountered with. The reception guy took an additional 10 euro for the security deposit for the key provided. When we ask for the receipt, he said no need of receipt just return the keys and he will refund back the security deposit of 10 euros. The next morning we were in a hurry to catch the flight we deposited the keys to the same person in reception and unfortunately forgot to take the refund. When I am calling him for the deposit he just denied.

13th Jun 2016
6.9

Decent enough hostel. Location is decent, close proximity to the main train station and an underground station. A tad difficult to find due to the fact it is in a residential block thus no big sign outside. The only negative is that the door to the dorm room does not have a usable lock therefore it is open to all other residents. The security into the building is good however, there are two electronic locking doors to get in.

• USA, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

Good hostel experience. The owner, Victor, was very friendly. He made sure I had everything I needed even though I forgot some amenities, and asked me every day what I'd seen. It felt very secure (you need to be buzzed in, and Victor's at the desk so he can see anyone who comes in), and the bathrooms are very clean. The location is pretty good too (15 minutes walk to Colosseum and 3 minutes to metro stop).

8th Jun 2016

Excellent location, you can walk to everything. The host was extremely helpful and kind. I stayed in the dorm room and there are no lockers in the rooms and you can't lock the room but the host is always at the front desk plus the building has two locked doors to get through at entrance. I never felt like security was an issue. The place is also kept very clean. I greatly enjoyed my stay here.